Act 1, Scene 1
1. Where does the beginning of this play take place?
(a) A London market.
(b) A road to london.
(c) A tavern.
(d) The King's palace.
2. What is the King weary of at the beginning of the play?
(a) A lack of taxes.
(b) Attacks from France.
(c) His son's disrespect.
(d) Civil War.
3. What plan has the king been unable to enact at the beginning of the play?
(a) An establishment of a University.
(b) An assault on France's allies.
(c) A Holy Land Crusade.
(d) A peace treaty.
4. Where is Mortimer fighting at the beginning of the play?
5. What prompts the King to stop all of his previous plans at the beginning of the play?
(a) News that his son is sick.
(b) A threatening message from Glendower.
(c) Word of the lack of money in the treasury.
(d) News that Mortimer was defeated.
6. Who gives the king news about Mortimer?
7. What is Henry Percy's nickname?
(b) Dark Knight.
This section contains 7,859 words
(approx. 27 pages at 300 words per page)