* The King is in his palace with some advisors and bemoans that continuing civil war. He wants to end it by going on a crusade.
* Westmoreland brings news that Mortimer has failed in Scottland and a massacre took place. Henry Percy's army is strong.
* King Henry IV, his advisers, allies and court are at the London palace.
* The King speaks of wanting to go on a crusade to the Holy Land but civil war is brewing.
* Westmoreland tells of battles in Wales.
* The King says he is jealous of Northumberland, Henry Percy's father. He wishes he could trade his son Henry for Henry Percy.
* Henry Percy has taken a large number of Earls captive, and refuses to release most of them with ransoms. The King hates his pride.
* Westmoreland blames Worcester, Henry Percy's (or Hotspur), uncle, for encouraging his nephew to continue is this bloody work...
This section contains 3,083 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)