|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eduardo point out to Nin in April of 1932 in regards to her relationship with Miller?
(a) Nin regarded Miller like her father.
(b) Miller was the only man to whom she ever submitted.
(c) Miller was manipulating her outrageously.
(d) Miller was quite abusive.
2. In May, Nin began to wonder which of the two men (Miller and Allendy) were helping her control her _____.
(d) Mental breakdowns.
3. What was always capable of grabbing Nin's attention, no matter how exhausted she was?
(a) Miller's manuscripts.
(b) Her love for Miller.
(c) Letters from Mansfield.
(d) Her journal.
4. What did Nin claim about her love for Miller?
(a) It allowed her to further experience the world of which she had always dreams.
(b) It made her weak.
(c) It heightened her creativity.
(d) It made her tougher.
5. Of the following, which was not one of the needs Nin required to be handled by men?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Nin stay with Miller and Perles in April of 1932?
2. What fear keeps Nin from taking complete pleasure in having sex with Miller?
3. Who contacts Nin in May with the express desire to see her?
4. Why was Miller's dislike (as claimed in April of 1932) hypocritical?
5. How did Nin describe Hugo to Miller when defending him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Miller tell Nin he felt about her husband?
2. What did Dr. Allendy believe about the root of Nin's inferiority complex?
3. Why was Nin firm about her commitment that she would always choose Hugo over Miller?
4. Why was Nin unhappy in her home and with Hugo by May?
5. How did Perles and Miller's differing loves for Nin start to become problematic around April?
6. What is significant about Nin's realization that she had never given herself fully to another person?
7. Describe Nin's discussion about her femininity with Dr. Allendy.
8. Why did Nin describe her journal as being an addiction?
9. Why was Nin unable to believe Miller would leave Mansfield for her?
10. What was problematic about Nin's agreement to Eduardo in regards to her journal?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)