|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Allendy characterize Hugo?
(a) Nin's father.
(b) Nin's true love.
(c) Nin's brother.
(d) Nin's child.
2. How had Miller's feelings began to alter in regards to Nin by May of 1932?
(a) He fell in love with her.
(b) He began to grow disinterested in her.
(c) He started to hate her free-spiritedness.
(d) He grew resentful of her ability to attract others.
3. In April of 1932, what did Miller claim to dislike?
(b) Happy couples.
(c) Overbearing men.
(d) Faithless women.
4. What was the primary subject when Nin visited Dr. Allendy?
(a) Her relationships.
(b) Her books.
(c) Her decision to leave America.
(d) Her brother.
5. What was significant about Nin's feelings for both Hugo and Miller?
(a) She loved them both too equally to choose between them.
(b) She knew she was torturing both of them with her indecision.
(c) They were the closest she had come to giving herself wholly to another.
(d) She feared both of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request did Nin make of Mansfield in April?
2. What did Allendy suggest as being the cause of Nin's inferiority complex?
3. In regards to his relationship with Nin, what did Miller desire of Mansfield in April of 1932?
4. What was always capable of grabbing Nin's attention, no matter how exhausted she was?
5. Where was Mansfield staying in April of 1932?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Miller tell Nin he felt about her husband?
2. In what ways did Perles Miller's love for Nin in June and how did she counter his claims?
3. Describe Nin's studio at Louveciennes.
4. How was Miller hypocritical about relationships?
5. What revitalized Hugo and Nin's relationship in May?
6. Why did Mansfield's return worry both Miller and Nin?
7. Why was Nin unhappy in her home and with Hugo by May?
8. How did Miller and Nin's relationship start to change in June?
9. How did Perles and Miller's differing loves for Nin start to become problematic around April?
10. Why did Nin ultimately decide she needed analysis after her time with Miller and Perles at Louveciennes?
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)