|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which lover caused Nin the most anxiety?
2. What did Allendy suggest as being the cause of Nin's inferiority complex?
(a) Her father's abuse.
(b) Her brother's success at life.
(c) Her childhood frailty.
(d) Her mother's notion that Nin was not intelligent.
3. With what did Hugo begin to experiment in May of 1932?
4. Who contacts Nin in May with the express desire to see her?
(a) Dr. Allendy.
5. With what activity did Nin express occasional shame?
(a) Smoking opium.
Short Answer Questions
1. In regards to his relationship with Nin, what did Miller desire of Mansfield in April of 1932?
2. Where was Mansfield staying in April of 1932?
3. What was the motivation behind Miller's tirade about Hugo and Nin's relationship?
4. What was significant about Nin's feelings for both Hugo and Miller?
5. According to Allendy, why did Nin always seek out older men for relationships?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Nin describe her journal as being an addiction?
2. Why did Miller tell Nin she was not beautiful?
3. Describe the double standards in Miller and Nin's relationship.
4. Why did Nin ultimately decide she needed analysis after her time with Miller and Perles at Louveciennes?
5. How did Miller attempt to advance his relationship with Nin in May?
6. How was Nin deluding herself in her relationship with Miller?
7. What is significant about Nin's realization that she had never given herself fully to another person?
8. How did Miller and Nin's relationship start to change in June?
9. What was Dr. Allendy's analysis of Nin's relationships?
10. How did Miller tell Nin he felt about her husband?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)