|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Miller begin to consider in July, despite Nin's insistence that he not?
(a) Moving to New York.
(b) Leaving Mansfield.
(c) Pursuing another woman.
(d) Giving up writing.
2. With what did Hugo begin to experiment in May of 1932?
3. In April, how did Perles' feelings for Nin change?
(a) He grew to hate her.
(b) He fell more in love with her.
(c) He realized he had judged her too harshly at their first meeting.
(d) He decided that she was too sisterly for attraction.
4. Whose books did Nin specifically keep in her studio?
(a) D.H. Lawrence.
(b) Nathaniel Hathorne.
(c) Walt Whitman.
(d) Oscar Wilde.
5. What did Allendy suggest as being the cause of Nin's inferiority complex?
(a) Her father's abuse.
(b) Her mother's notion that Nin was not intelligent.
(c) Her childhood frailty.
(d) Her brother's success at life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Miller's feelings began to alter in regards to Nin by May of 1932?
2. In regards to his relationship with Nin, what did Miller desire of Mansfield in April of 1932?
3. What was always capable of grabbing Nin's attention, no matter how exhausted she was?
4. Why did Nin stay with Miller and Perles in April of 1932?
5. What did Nin vow to never to do in regards to her relationship with Hugo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nin's discussion about her femininity with Dr. Allendy.
2. Describe the double standards in Miller and Nin's relationship.
3. What was Dr. Allendy's analysis of Nin's relationships?
4. How was Miller hypocritical about relationships?
5. Why did Mansfield's return worry both Miller and Nin?
6. How did Miller attempt to advance his relationship with Nin in May?
7. Why did Nin describe her journal as being an addiction?
8. How did Miller tell Nin he felt about her husband?
9. Why was Nin firm about her commitment that she would always choose Hugo over Miller?
10. What revitalized Hugo and Nin's relationship in May?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)