|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over love for whom did Nin disagree with Allendy?
(d) Allendy himself.
2. By May of 1932, what new situation in his life made Miller acutely uncomfortable?
(b) He had been arrested.
(c) Mansfield was pregnant.
(d) The doctor told him he had to stop drinking.
3. What did Miller begin to consider in July, despite Nin's insistence that he not?
(a) Giving up writing.
(b) Pursuing another woman.
(c) Leaving Mansfield.
(d) Moving to New York.
4. With what did Hugo begin to experiment in May of 1932?
5. How did Miller once feel about sex with Nin?
(a) Sex was necessary to keep her with him.
(b) Sex was love.
(c) Sex was possession.
(d) Sex was a disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. In regards to his relationship with Nin, what did Miller desire of Mansfield in April of 1932?
2. What fear keeps Nin from taking complete pleasure in having sex with Miller?
3. What appeared to have been Miller's general attitude toward Nin and Mansfield in regards to his relationship with them?
4. According to Allendy, why did Nin always seek out older men for relationships?
5. With what activity did Nin express occasional shame?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nin's discussion about her femininity with Dr. Allendy.
2. In what ways did Perles Miller's love for Nin in June and how did she counter his claims?
3. Describe the double standards in Miller and Nin's relationship.
4. How was Nin deluding herself in her relationship with Miller?
5. What was problematic about Nin's agreement to Eduardo in regards to her journal?
6. How did Perles and Miller's differing loves for Nin start to become problematic around April?
7. Why was Nin unable to believe Miller would leave Mansfield for her?
8. What did Dr. Allendy believe about the root of Nin's inferiority complex?
9. Why was Nin firm about her commitment that she would always choose Hugo over Miller?
10. Why did Miller tell Nin she was not beautiful?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)