|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eduardo fear from Nin in April?
(a) Her love.
(b) Her relationship with Hugo.
(c) Her journal.
(d) Her sex.
2. How did Allendy and Nin end their final appointment together in June?
(b) A hug.
(d) A kiss.
3. What did Miller say in Nin's studio that hurt her feelings in April?
(a) He said she was a bad person for cheating on Hugo.
(b) He said she was not beautiful.
(c) He said she was simply using people.
(d) He said she was not a talented writer.
4. Who contacts Nin in May with the express desire to see her?
(a) Dr. Allendy.
5. According to Miller, Nin gave him everything while he gave her _____.
(a) His love.
(b) His writing.
(c) A little.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Mansfield staying in April of 1932?
2. What part of her body did Nin show Allendy in May?
3. What did Allendy initially believe was at the heart of Nin's problem?
4. Why did Eduardo fear Nin in April?
5. According to Allendy, why did Nin always seek out older men for relationships?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nin's studio at Louveciennes.
2. Why did Nin describe her journal as being an addiction?
3. What revitalized Hugo and Nin's relationship in May?
4. How did Miller tell Nin he felt about her husband?
5. Describe Nin's discussion about her femininity with Dr. Allendy.
6. What was problematic about Nin's agreement to Eduardo in regards to her journal?
7. How did Miller and Nin's relationship start to change in June?
8. What did Dr. Allendy believe about the root of Nin's inferiority complex?
9. Why was Nin firm about her commitment that she would always choose Hugo over Miller?
10. Describe the double standards in Miller and Nin's relationship.
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)