|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request did Nin make of Mansfield in April?
(a) Nin asked her to come home.
(b) Nin asked her to run away with her.
(c) Nin asked her to divorce Miller.
(d) Nin asked to have a monogamous relationship with her.
2. How did Nin describe Hugo to Miller when defending him?
3. Where was Nin's studio?
(a) Wallis and Futana.
4. Who was Miller's polar opposite in regards to reliability with Nin?
5. By May of 1932, what was Nin worried about in regards to her personality?
(a) Her temper.
(b) Her indecision.
(c) Her meekness.
(d) Her masculine traits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over which lover did Nin began to feel unsure of in May?
2. When Miller's remarks hurt Nin when they were at her studio with Perles, what were his intentions behind saying them?
3. Why did Eduardo fear Nin in April?
4. Why did Allendy tell Nin she should put on some weight?
5. In regards to his relationship with Nin, what did Miller desire of Mansfield in April of 1932?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Miller hypocritical about relationships?
2. How did Miller and Nin's relationship start to change in June?
3. Why was Nin unable to believe Miller would leave Mansfield for her?
4. What was Dr. Allendy's analysis of Nin's relationships?
5. Describe the double standards in Miller and Nin's relationship.
6. Describe Nin's studio at Louveciennes.
7. What revitalized Hugo and Nin's relationship in May?
8. What is significant about Nin's realization that she had never given herself fully to another person?
9. What was problematic about Nin's agreement to Eduardo in regards to her journal?
10. How did Allendy characterize Nin's relationships with her lovers?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)