|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eduardo point out to Nin in April of 1932 in regards to her relationship with Miller?
(a) Nin regarded Miller like her father.
(b) Miller was quite abusive.
(c) Miller was the only man to whom she ever submitted.
(d) Miller was manipulating her outrageously.
2. Why did Allendy tell Nin she should put on some weight?
(a) She would feel more feminine.
(b) She would divert male attention.
(c) She was in danger of becoming anorexic.
(d) She was too thin.
3. What did Miller say in Nin's studio that hurt her feelings in April?
(a) He said she was simply using people.
(b) He said she was not a talented writer.
(c) He said she was not beautiful.
(d) He said she was a bad person for cheating on Hugo.
4. What marked the moment in June in which Miller realized Nin was becoming stronger and coarser in words?
(a) Mansfield left him.
(b) Nin grew angry at him for possessive tendencies.
(c) Nin slept with Perles.
(d) He was unable to make love to her.
5. How did Allendy and Nin end their final appointment together in June?
(a) A hug.
(d) A kiss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose books did Nin specifically keep in her studio?
2. According to Miller, Nin gave him everything while he gave her _____.
3. How had Miller's feelings began to alter in regards to Nin by May of 1932?
4. When Miller's remarks hurt Nin when they were at her studio with Perles, what were his intentions behind saying them?
5. In April, how did Perles' feelings for Nin change?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nin's discussion about her femininity with Dr. Allendy.
2. What was problematic about Nin's agreement to Eduardo in regards to her journal?
3. How was Nin deluding herself in her relationship with Miller?
4. Why did Nin ultimately decide she needed analysis after her time with Miller and Perles at Louveciennes?
5. Why was Nin unhappy in her home and with Hugo by May?
6. Why did Nin describe her journal as being an addiction?
7. How did Miller tell Nin he felt about her husband?
8. What is significant about Nin's realization that she had never given herself fully to another person?
9. How was Miller hypocritical about relationships?
10. Describe Nin's studio at Louveciennes.
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)