|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In April, how did Perles' feelings for Nin change?
(a) He grew to hate her.
(b) He realized he had judged her too harshly at their first meeting.
(c) He decided that she was too sisterly for attraction.
(d) He fell more in love with her.
2. Why did Eduardo fear Nin in April?
(a) He was afraid he would lose her love.
(b) He was afraid she would get pregnant.
(c) He was afraid her journal would reveal too many secrets about him.
(d) He was afraid Hugo would kill him.
3. Who did Nin claim for her desire to end her journal?
4. Which of the following was not one of the traits Miller claimed Nin needed in a partner?
(b) More lenient.
5. Which lover caused Nin the most anxiety?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of her body did Nin show Allendy in May?
2. What was significant about Nin's feelings for both Hugo and Miller?
3. Who suggested to Nin that she might be losing herself in what was not hers?
4. Where were Miller and Perles staying in April?
5. To what did Nin agree in April to quell Eduardo's fear?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Miller attempt to advance his relationship with Nin in May?
2. What was Dr. Allendy's analysis of Nin's relationships?
3. Why did Nin describe her journal as being an addiction?
4. Why did Nin ultimately decide she needed analysis after her time with Miller and Perles at Louveciennes?
5. How did Perles and Miller's differing loves for Nin start to become problematic around April?
6. Describe Nin's discussion about her femininity with Dr. Allendy.
7. Why was Nin firm about her commitment that she would always choose Hugo over Miller?
8. How did Miller and Nin's relationship start to change in June?
9. What revitalized Hugo and Nin's relationship in May?
10. Why did Mansfield's return worry both Miller and Nin?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)