|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what activity did Nin express occasional shame?
(d) Smoking opium.
2. How did Allendy and Nin end their final appointment together in June?
(a) A kiss.
(c) A hug.
3. How did Allendy characterize Hugo?
(a) Nin's child.
(b) Nin's brother.
(c) Nin's true love.
(d) Nin's father.
4. What did Allendy initially believe was at the heart of Nin's problem?
(a) She refused to accept her homosexuality.
(b) She was incapable of loving anyone.
(c) She was raped at an early age.
(d) She had an Oedipal complex.
5. What did Nin ask of Miller in May?
(a) She asked him to impregnate her.
(b) She asked him to break up with her.
(c) She asked him to allow her to spend time with Mansfield.
(d) She asked him to write in her journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was significant about Nin's feelings for both Hugo and Miller?
2. In April, how did Perles' feelings for Nin change?
3. Describe Miller's love for Nin.
4. What did Miller begin to consider in July, despite Nin's insistence that he not?
5. Why did Nin stay with Miller and Perles in April of 1932?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Nin's realization that she had never given herself fully to another person?
2. Why did Miller tell Nin she was not beautiful?
3. How was Miller hypocritical about relationships?
4. Describe Nin's reflections about her relationship to Hugo at the end of April.
5. Describe Nin's studio at Louveciennes.
6. What did Dr. Allendy believe about the root of Nin's inferiority complex?
7. How did Miller and Nin's relationship start to change in June?
8. In what ways did Perles Miller's love for Nin in June and how did she counter his claims?
9. Describe the double standards in Miller and Nin's relationship.
10. How did Perles and Miller's differing loves for Nin start to become problematic around April?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)