|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Mansfield staying in April of 1932?
(c) New York.
2. Whose books did Nin specifically keep in her studio?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) D.H. Lawrence.
(c) Nathaniel Hathorne.
(d) Oscar Wilde.
3. What was the primary subject when Nin visited Dr. Allendy?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her decision to leave America.
(c) Her books.
(d) Her relationships.
4. What did Nin claim about her love for Miller?
(a) It allowed her to further experience the world of which she had always dreams.
(b) It made her tougher.
(c) It made her weak.
(d) It heightened her creativity.
5. If Nin should ever lose Miller, what did she claim would no longer be necessary?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Miller's polar opposite in regards to reliability with Nin?
2. By May, how did Nin begin to view her journal?
3. What marked the moment in June in which Miller realized Nin was becoming stronger and coarser in words?
4. What fear keeps Nin from taking complete pleasure in having sex with Miller?
5. What did Nin ask of Miller in May?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Nin describe her journal as being an addiction?
2. What is significant about Nin's realization that she had never given herself fully to another person?
3. Why was Nin unable to believe Miller would leave Mansfield for her?
4. How did Allendy characterize Nin's relationships with her lovers?
5. Why was Nin unhappy in her home and with Hugo by May?
6. Describe the double standards in Miller and Nin's relationship.
7. How was Nin deluding herself in her relationship with Miller?
8. Why did Miller tell Nin she was not beautiful?
9. How did Miller attempt to advance his relationship with Nin in May?
10. Describe Nin's studio at Louveciennes.
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)