|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To represent her attachments to both Miller and Eduardo, what did Nin buy?
(a) Two belts.
(b) Two brassieres.
(c) Two bracelets.
(d) Two scarves.
2. Who was Miller's polar opposite in regards to reliability with Nin?
3. What fear did both Miller and Nin have with the possible return of Mansfield?
(a) Mansfield would seduce Hugo in retaliation.
(b) Mansfield would divorce Miller.
(c) Mansfield would take on another lover.
(d) Mansfield would tear them apart.
4. How did Nin describe Hugo to Miller when defending him?
5. Why was Miller's dislike (as claimed in April of 1932) hypocritical?
(a) Miller was constantly unfaithful.
(b) Miller and Mansfield were very happy together.
(c) Miller had several children.
(d) Miller was very overbearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In May, to where did Dr. Allendy accompany Nin?
2. Why could Nin no longer feel comfortable in her own home in May?
3. What was significant about Nin's feelings for both Hugo and Miller?
4. In May, Nin began to wonder which of the two men (Miller and Allendy) were helping her control her _____.
5. What part of her body did Nin show Allendy in May?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nin's reflections about her relationship to Hugo at the end of April.
2. What did Dr. Allendy believe about the root of Nin's inferiority complex?
3. Why did Nin ultimately decide she needed analysis after her time with Miller and Perles at Louveciennes?
4. What revitalized Hugo and Nin's relationship in May?
5. How did Allendy characterize Nin's relationships with her lovers?
6. Why was Nin unable to believe Miller would leave Mansfield for her?
7. How did Miller and Nin's relationship start to change in June?
8. What was Dr. Allendy's analysis of Nin's relationships?
9. In what ways did Perles Miller's love for Nin in June and how did she counter his claims?
10. Describe Nin's discussion about her femininity with Dr. Allendy.
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)