|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Nin claim for her desire to end her journal?
2. If Nin should ever lose Miller, what did she claim would no longer be necessary?
3. What was always capable of grabbing Nin's attention, no matter how exhausted she was?
(a) Her journal.
(b) Letters from Mansfield.
(c) Her love for Miller.
(d) Miller's manuscripts.
4. What did Allendy predict would keep Nin unhappy?
(a) Writing in her journal.
(b) Denying her homosexuality.
(c) Not being herself.
(d) Being with Miller.
5. Which of the following was not one of the traits Miller claimed Nin needed in a partner?
(c) More lenient.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what did Nin agree in April to quell Eduardo's fear?
2. According to Allendy, why did Nin always seek out older men for relationships?
3. Whose books did Nin specifically keep in her studio?
4. What did Eduardo fear from Nin in April?
5. With what did Hugo begin to experiment in May of 1932?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Nin firm about her commitment that she would always choose Hugo over Miller?
2. Describe Nin's studio at Louveciennes.
3. How did Miller and Nin's relationship start to change in June?
4. What did Dr. Allendy believe about the root of Nin's inferiority complex?
5. How was Miller hypocritical about relationships?
6. What was Dr. Allendy's analysis of Nin's relationships?
7. In what ways did Perles Miller's love for Nin in June and how did she counter his claims?
8. What revitalized Hugo and Nin's relationship in May?
9. What was problematic about Nin's agreement to Eduardo in regards to her journal?
10. How was Nin deluding herself in her relationship with Miller?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)