|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what activity did Nin express occasional shame?
(a) Smoking opium.
2. Where was Mansfield staying in April of 1932?
(c) New York.
3. According to Nin in July, what was destined to happen between Miller and herself?
(a) He would grow bored with her.
(b) He would lose her.
(c) He would go back to Mansfield.
(d) They would end their relationship violently.
4. Where were Miller and Perles staying in April?
(a) Antoine Martine.
(b) Hotel Odeon.
(c) Place Cinchy.
(d) Ste.- Exupery.
5. Over love for whom did Nin disagree with Allendy?
(b) Allendy himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Miller, Nin gave him everything while he gave her _____.
2. What fear keeps Nin from taking complete pleasure in having sex with Miller?
3. How had Miller's feelings began to alter in regards to Nin by May of 1932?
4. What did Eduardo point out to Nin in April of 1932 in regards to her relationship with Miller?
5. What appeared to have been Miller's general attitude toward Nin and Mansfield in regards to his relationship with them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Nin unhappy in her home and with Hugo by May?
2. Why did Nin describe her journal as being an addiction?
3. In what ways did Perles Miller's love for Nin in June and how did she counter his claims?
4. Why did Nin ultimately decide she needed analysis after her time with Miller and Perles at Louveciennes?
5. What was problematic about Nin's agreement to Eduardo in regards to her journal?
6. How did Miller and Nin's relationship start to change in June?
7. How did Allendy characterize Nin's relationships with her lovers?
8. How was Miller hypocritical about relationships?
9. Describe Nin's reflections about her relationship to Hugo at the end of April.
10. What is significant about Nin's realization that she had never given herself fully to another person?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)