|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over which lover did Nin began to feel unsure of in May?
2. What did Allendy predict would keep Nin unhappy?
(a) Writing in her journal.
(b) Being with Miller.
(c) Not being herself.
(d) Denying her homosexuality.
3. According to Allendy, why did Nin always seek out older men for relationships?
(a) She finds younger men too threatening.
(b) She was trying to gain her father's love.
(c) She hoped older men would fund her lifestyle.
(d) She was hoping to outlive them.
4. Where was Nin's studio?
(a) Wallis and Futana.
5. How did Miller once feel about sex with Nin?
(a) Sex was possession.
(b) Sex was necessary to keep her with him.
(c) Sex was love.
(d) Sex was a disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Mansfield staying in April of 1932?
2. To what did Nin agree in April to quell Eduardo's fear?
3. In April of 1932, who did Nin claim she would always choose above her other lovers?
4. According to Nin in July, what was destined to happen between Miller and herself?
5. Describe Miller's love for Nin.
Short Essay Questions
1. What revitalized Hugo and Nin's relationship in May?
2. What did Dr. Allendy believe about the root of Nin's inferiority complex?
3. What was problematic about Nin's agreement to Eduardo in regards to her journal?
4. Why did Mansfield's return worry both Miller and Nin?
5. How did Allendy characterize Nin's relationships with her lovers?
6. What is significant about Nin's realization that she had never given herself fully to another person?
7. Why did Nin ultimately decide she needed analysis after her time with Miller and Perles at Louveciennes?
8. How did Miller attempt to advance his relationship with Nin in May?
9. Why was Nin unable to believe Miller would leave Mansfield for her?
10. Why did Miller tell Nin she was not beautiful?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)