|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nin ask of Miller in May?
(a) She asked him to break up with her.
(b) She asked him to allow her to spend time with Mansfield.
(c) She asked him to write in her journal.
(d) She asked him to impregnate her.
2. What fear did both Miller and Nin have with the possible return of Mansfield?
(a) Mansfield would divorce Miller.
(b) Mansfield would tear them apart.
(c) Mansfield would seduce Hugo in retaliation.
(d) Mansfield would take on another lover.
3. Of the following, which was not one of the needs Nin required to be handled by men?
4. Describe Miller's love for Nin.
5. What was significant about Nin's feelings for both Hugo and Miller?
(a) She feared both of them.
(b) She knew she was torturing both of them with her indecision.
(c) They were the closest she had come to giving herself wholly to another.
(d) She loved them both too equally to choose between them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Allendy and Nin end their final appointment together in June?
2. Why did Nin stay with Miller and Perles in April of 1932?
3. Which of the following was not one of the traits Miller claimed Nin needed in a partner?
4. What request did Nin make of Mansfield in April?
5. If Nin should ever lose Miller, what did she claim would no longer be necessary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the double standards in Miller and Nin's relationship.
2. What was Dr. Allendy's analysis of Nin's relationships?
3. Why did Mansfield's return worry both Miller and Nin?
4. Why did Miller tell Nin she was not beautiful?
5. What is significant about Nin's realization that she had never given herself fully to another person?
6. How was Nin deluding herself in her relationship with Miller?
7. How was Miller hypocritical about relationships?
8. How did Miller tell Nin he felt about her husband?
9. Describe Nin's discussion about her femininity with Dr. Allendy.
10. Why did Nin describe her journal as being an addiction?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)