|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Miller feel about Hugo?
(a) He felt Hugo was his equal.
(b) He felt Hugo was inferior.
(c) He felt Hugo deserved better than Nin.
(d) He felt Hugo was a brute.
2. What appeared to have been Miller's general attitude toward Nin and Mansfield in regards to his relationship with them?
(a) He wanted to be in an intellectual relationship without any physicality.
(b) He wanted them both to go away.
(c) He loathed them both for being unfaithful to him.
(d) He wanted to possess both of them fully.
3. What was always capable of grabbing Nin's attention, no matter how exhausted she was?
(a) Her love for Miller.
(b) Miller's manuscripts.
(c) Her journal.
(d) Letters from Mansfield.
4. What did Allendy suggest as being the cause of Nin's inferiority complex?
(a) Her childhood frailty.
(b) Her brother's success at life.
(c) Her father's abuse.
(d) Her mother's notion that Nin was not intelligent.
5. What was the primary subject when Nin visited Dr. Allendy?
(a) Her relationships.
(b) Her decision to leave America.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nin allow Miller and Perles to do in her studio?
2. Who was Miller's polar opposite in regards to reliability with Nin?
3. Where were Miller and Perles staying in April?
4. According to Nin in July, what was destined to happen between Miller and herself?
5. Why did Nin ultimately decide she needed analysis in April?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mansfield's return worry both Miller and Nin?
2. Describe Nin's studio at Louveciennes.
3. What did Dr. Allendy believe about the root of Nin's inferiority complex?
4. What is significant about Nin's realization that she had never given herself fully to another person?
5. How did Perles and Miller's differing loves for Nin start to become problematic around April?
6. Why did Nin describe her journal as being an addiction?
7. How did Miller and Nin's relationship start to change in June?
8. In what ways did Perles Miller's love for Nin in June and how did she counter his claims?
9. Why was Nin unhappy in her home and with Hugo by May?
10. How was Nin deluding herself in her relationship with Miller?
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)