|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In April of 1932, what did Miller claim to dislike?
(a) Faithless women.
(c) Happy couples.
(d) Overbearing men.
2. Who contacts Nin in May with the express desire to see her?
(c) Dr. Allendy.
3. By May of 1932, what was Nin worried about in regards to her personality?
(a) Her masculine traits.
(b) Her meekness.
(c) Her indecision.
(d) Her temper.
4. In May, to where did Dr. Allendy accompany Nin?
(a) Hugo's father's funeral.
(b) A public reading of Miller's.
(c) The ballet.
(d) Joaquin's piano recital.
5. What was the motivation behind Miller's tirade about Hugo and Nin's relationship?
(a) He wanted Nin entirely to himself.
(b) He thought Nin was hurting Hugo unfairly.
(c) He was afraid that Nin would ultimately choose Hugo over himself.
(d) He believed that he could drive Hugo away.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Miller's remarks hurt Nin when they were at her studio with Perles, what were his intentions behind saying them?
2. Where were Miller and Perles staying in April?
3. What appeared to have been Miller's general attitude toward Nin and Mansfield in regards to his relationship with them?
4. By May, how did Nin begin to view her journal?
5. What was significant about Nin's feelings for both Hugo and Miller?
Short Essay Questions
1. What revitalized Hugo and Nin's relationship in May?
2. Why was Nin firm about her commitment that she would always choose Hugo over Miller?
3. Why was Nin unable to believe Miller would leave Mansfield for her?
4. What is significant about Nin's realization that she had never given herself fully to another person?
5. What was problematic about Nin's agreement to Eduardo in regards to her journal?
6. What was Dr. Allendy's analysis of Nin's relationships?
7. Why did Nin ultimately decide she needed analysis after her time with Miller and Perles at Louveciennes?
8. Why was Nin unhappy in her home and with Hugo by May?
9. How did Allendy characterize Nin's relationships with her lovers?
10. How did Perles and Miller's differing loves for Nin start to become problematic around April?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)