|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eduardo fear from Nin in April?
(a) Her love.
(b) Her journal.
(c) Her relationship with Hugo.
(d) Her sex.
2. Who was Miller's polar opposite in regards to reliability with Nin?
3. Over love for whom did Nin disagree with Allendy?
(c) Allendy himself.
4. Who did Nin claim for her desire to end her journal?
5. If Nin should ever lose Miller, what did she claim would no longer be necessary?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Nin claim to feel in May when she realized her entire life had become secondary to Miller?
2. In April of 1932, who did Nin claim she would always choose above her other lovers?
3. Which lover caused Nin the most anxiety?
4. Why did Eduardo fear Nin in April?
5. Why did Allendy tell Nin she should put on some weight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dr. Allendy believe about the root of Nin's inferiority complex?
2. How did Miller and Nin's relationship start to change in June?
3. How did Miller tell Nin he felt about her husband?
4. What is significant about Nin's realization that she had never given herself fully to another person?
5. Why did Mansfield's return worry both Miller and Nin?
6. Describe Nin's studio at Louveciennes.
7. Why was Nin unable to believe Miller would leave Mansfield for her?
8. What revitalized Hugo and Nin's relationship in May?
9. Why did Nin describe her journal as being an addiction?
10. Why did Miller tell Nin she was not beautiful?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)