|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over which lover did Nin began to feel unsure of in May?
2. Who was Miller's polar opposite in regards to reliability with Nin?
3. By May of 1932, what new situation in his life made Miller acutely uncomfortable?
(a) He had been arrested.
(c) The doctor told him he had to stop drinking.
(d) Mansfield was pregnant.
4. What appeared to have been Miller's general attitude toward Nin and Mansfield in regards to his relationship with them?
(a) He wanted them both to go away.
(b) He wanted to possess both of them fully.
(c) He wanted to be in an intellectual relationship without any physicality.
(d) He loathed them both for being unfaithful to him.
5. In May, Nin began to wonder which of the two men (Miller and Allendy) were helping her control her _____.
(b) Mental breakdowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Allendy and Nin end their final appointment together in June?
2. What marked the moment in June in which Miller realized Nin was becoming stronger and coarser in words?
3. What did Allendy suggest as being the cause of Nin's inferiority complex?
4. What was the motivation behind Miller's tirade about Hugo and Nin's relationship?
5. What fear keeps Nin from taking complete pleasure in having sex with Miller?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Nin deluding herself in her relationship with Miller?
2. Describe Nin's reflections about her relationship to Hugo at the end of April.
3. Describe the double standards in Miller and Nin's relationship.
4. How did Miller attempt to advance his relationship with Nin in May?
5. Describe Nin's discussion about her femininity with Dr. Allendy.
6. Why was Nin unable to believe Miller would leave Mansfield for her?
7. Describe Nin's studio at Louveciennes.
8. How did Miller tell Nin he felt about her husband?
9. Why did Mansfield's return worry both Miller and Nin?
10. How was Miller hypocritical about relationships?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)