|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the primary subject when Nin visited Dr. Allendy?
(a) Her relationships.
(b) Her decision to leave America.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her books.
2. Why was Miller's dislike (as claimed in April of 1932) hypocritical?
(a) Miller was very overbearing.
(b) Miller was constantly unfaithful.
(c) Miller and Mansfield were very happy together.
(d) Miller had several children.
3. What was the motivation behind Miller's tirade about Hugo and Nin's relationship?
(a) He was afraid that Nin would ultimately choose Hugo over himself.
(b) He believed that he could drive Hugo away.
(c) He thought Nin was hurting Hugo unfairly.
(d) He wanted Nin entirely to himself.
4. Whose books did Nin specifically keep in her studio?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) D.H. Lawrence.
(c) Nathaniel Hathorne.
(d) Oscar Wilde.
5. What did Nin claim about her love for Miller?
(a) It allowed her to further experience the world of which she had always dreams.
(b) It heightened her creativity.
(c) It made her weak.
(d) It made her tougher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Miller feel about Hugo?
2. Where was Nin's studio?
3. In April, how did Perles' feelings for Nin change?
4. According to Miller, Nin gave him everything while he gave her _____.
5. In what way did Miller verbally express his love for Nin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Dr. Allendy's analysis of Nin's relationships?
2. What was problematic about Nin's agreement to Eduardo in regards to her journal?
3. Describe Nin's studio at Louveciennes.
4. Why did Nin describe her journal as being an addiction?
5. How did Miller tell Nin he felt about her husband?
6. How did Allendy characterize Nin's relationships with her lovers?
7. Why did Nin ultimately decide she needed analysis after her time with Miller and Perles at Louveciennes?
8. Why did Miller tell Nin she was not beautiful?
9. Why was Nin firm about her commitment that she would always choose Hugo over Miller?
10. How was Miller hypocritical about relationships?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)