|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Nin ultimately decide she needed analysis in April?
(a) She was hoping to start over with her lovers.
(b) Her relationships cause her too much pain.
(c) She was afraid of men.
(d) She was starting to feel isolated from everyone else.
2. What fear did Perles express to Nin during May?
(a) He was afraid Nin would end up pregnant without knowing the child's father.
(b) He was afraid she was stretched too thin in her relationships.
(c) He was afraid she was expecting Miller to propose to her, though he had no intention.
(d) He was afraid Miller would hurt her.
3. How had Nin's romantic love for Hugo changed over the years by her estimation in April?
(a) She saw Hugo as a father figure.
(b) She felt she was more in love with him than she ever had been.
(c) She was beginning to hate Hugo on some level.
(d) She felt he was more of a brother to her now.
4. Why did Eduardo fear Nin in April?
(a) He was afraid Hugo would kill him.
(b) He was afraid her journal would reveal too many secrets about him.
(c) He was afraid he would lose her love.
(d) He was afraid she would get pregnant.
5. How did Nin describe Hugo to Miller when defending him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Miller's love for Nin.
2. Where was Nin's studio?
3. Why did Allendy tell Nin she should put on some weight?
4. What did Miller say in Nin's studio that hurt her feelings in April?
5. By May, how did Nin begin to view her journal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mansfield's return worry both Miller and Nin?
2. In what ways did Perles Miller's love for Nin in June and how did she counter his claims?
3. What was problematic about Nin's agreement to Eduardo in regards to her journal?
4. Describe the double standards in Miller and Nin's relationship.
5. Describe Nin's discussion about her femininity with Dr. Allendy.
6. What is significant about Nin's realization that she had never given herself fully to another person?
7. How did Miller tell Nin he felt about her husband?
8. What did Dr. Allendy believe about the root of Nin's inferiority complex?
9. How did Allendy characterize Nin's relationships with her lovers?
10. How did Miller and Nin's relationship start to change in June?
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)