|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Nin claim she and Mansfield communicated during February of 1932?
(a) Short stories that alluded to their feelings for one another.
(b) They developed a secret language.
2. In March of 1932, where did Nin and Miller meet?
(a) Cafe de le Dome.
(b) Cafe de la Rotonde.
(c) La Coupole.
(d) La Closerie des Lilas.
3. How did Miller feel about Nin and Mansfield's relationship in January of 1932?
(a) He began to entertain thoughts of living with both women.
(b) He began to feel emasculated by their relationship.
(c) He began to hate Nin.
(d) He began to hate Mansfield.
4. Nin found herself torn between ______ and Mansfield for romantic affection in March.
5. What did Nin believe about Miller's feelings towards sex?
(a) Sex was degrading to both parties.
(b) Sex was love.
(c) Sex was about conquering the other person.
(d) Sex was pointless.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did "Henry and June" begin?
2. What did Perles and Miller both beg of Nin when they meet with her in March?
3. How did Hugo feel about Nin's new aspect on life after her meeting with Miller in March?
4. What did Henry do to Nin that initially repulses her in their first meeting?
5. What did Miller admire most about Nin in March?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Hugo and Nin's relationship in November of 1931.
2. How did Miller admit to feeling about Nin around March?
3. What were Hugo's insecurities about Nin at the beginning of her journal?
4. How did Nin feel about Mansfield when she met her?
5. Why did Nin initially have sex with Miller?
6. Why did Nin feel that Henry and Mansfield had caused her to lose her sense of logic?
7. How did Nin juggle her conflicting affections for both Miller and Mansfield in March?
8. Why did Hugo hate Mansfield so intensely upon meeting her?
9. How did Nin characterize her relationships with men to Eduardo and why?
10. Describe Nin's dream about Mansfield and how it related to her neuroses.
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)