|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over love for whom did Nin disagree with Allendy?
(d) Allendy himself.
2. What did Nin ask of Miller in May?
(a) She asked him to break up with her.
(b) She asked him to write in her journal.
(c) She asked him to allow her to spend time with Mansfield.
(d) She asked him to impregnate her.
3. How did Nin claim to feel in May when she realized her entire life had become secondary to Miller?
4. What was significant about Nin's feelings for both Hugo and Miller?
(a) She loved them both too equally to choose between them.
(b) She knew she was torturing both of them with her indecision.
(c) They were the closest she had come to giving herself wholly to another.
(d) She feared both of them.
5. What did Miller say in Nin's studio that hurt her feelings in April?
(a) He said she was not a talented writer.
(b) He said she was simply using people.
(c) He said she was a bad person for cheating on Hugo.
(d) He said she was not beautiful.
6. What appeared to have been Miller's general attitude toward Nin and Mansfield in regards to his relationship with them?
(a) He wanted to be in an intellectual relationship without any physicality.
(b) He wanted them both to go away.
(c) He wanted to possess both of them fully.
(d) He loathed them both for being unfaithful to him.
7. Of the following, which was not one of the needs Nin required to be handled by men?
8. How did Allendy characterize Hugo?
(a) Nin's true love.
(b) Nin's father.
(c) Nin's brother.
(d) Nin's child.
9. Which lover caused Nin the most anxiety?
10. Why did Nin stay with Miller and Perles in April of 1932?
(a) Hugo found another lover.
(b) Hugo grew ill.
(c) Hugo was on a trip.
(d) Hugo kicked her out.
11. What fear did Perles express to Nin during May?
(a) He was afraid she was stretched too thin in her relationships.
(b) He was afraid she was expecting Miller to propose to her, though he had no intention.
(c) He was afraid Nin would end up pregnant without knowing the child's father.
(d) He was afraid Miller would hurt her.
12. By May of 1932, what was Nin worried about in regards to her personality?
(a) Her masculine traits.
(b) Her temper.
(c) Her indecision.
(d) Her meekness.
13. By May, how did Nin begin to view her journal?
(a) A vice.
(b) A necessity.
(c) A lifeline.
(d) A new lover.
14. How did Miller once feel about sex with Nin?
(a) Sex was a disease.
(b) Sex was love.
(c) Sex was possession.
(d) Sex was necessary to keep her with him.
15. Where were Miller and Perles staying in April?
(a) Antoine Martine.
(b) Place Cinchy.
(c) Hotel Odeon.
(d) Ste.- Exupery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was always capable of grabbing Nin's attention, no matter how exhausted she was?
2. Who did Nin claim for her desire to end her journal?
3. What did Allendy suggest as being the cause of Nin's inferiority complex?
4. What did Nin vow to never to do in regards to her relationship with Hugo?
5. How had Nin's romantic love for Hugo changed over the years by her estimation in April?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)