|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what did Nin agree in April to quell Eduardo's fear?
(a) She would never intentionally get pregnant.
(b) She would never leave him, even if she stopped loving him.
(c) She would keep Hugo from hurting him.
(d) She would partially censor her journal for him.
2. What did Allendy predict would keep Nin unhappy?
(a) Being with Miller.
(b) Not being herself.
(c) Writing in her journal.
(d) Denying her homosexuality.
3. If Nin should ever lose Miller, what did she claim would no longer be necessary?
4. How did Miller once feel about sex with Nin?
(a) Sex was necessary to keep her with him.
(b) Sex was love.
(c) Sex was possession.
(d) Sex was a disease.
5. In April of 1932, who did Nin claim she would always choose above her other lovers?
6. With what activity did Nin express occasional shame?
(a) Smoking opium.
7. Why did Allendy tell Nin she should put on some weight?
(a) She was too thin.
(b) She would divert male attention.
(c) She was in danger of becoming anorexic.
(d) She would feel more feminine.
8. Over love for whom did Nin disagree with Allendy?
(d) Allendy himself.
9. What did Nin vow to never to do in regards to her relationship with Hugo?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Leave him.
(c) Cheat on him.
(d) Have children with him.
10. Which of the following was not one of the traits Miller claimed Nin needed in a partner?
(d) More lenient.
11. What did Allendy suggest as being the cause of Nin's inferiority complex?
(a) Her brother's success at life.
(b) Her childhood frailty.
(c) Her mother's notion that Nin was not intelligent.
(d) Her father's abuse.
12. Who was Miller's polar opposite in regards to reliability with Nin?
13. What did Nin claim about her love for Miller?
(a) It allowed her to further experience the world of which she had always dreams.
(b) It heightened her creativity.
(c) It made her weak.
(d) It made her tougher.
14. What was significant about Nin's feelings for both Hugo and Miller?
(a) She feared both of them.
(b) She knew she was torturing both of them with her indecision.
(c) She loved them both too equally to choose between them.
(d) They were the closest she had come to giving herself wholly to another.
15. What did Nin ask of Miller in May?
(a) She asked him to impregnate her.
(b) She asked him to break up with her.
(c) She asked him to allow her to spend time with Mansfield.
(d) She asked him to write in her journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fear keeps Nin from taking complete pleasure in having sex with Miller?
2. What was always capable of grabbing Nin's attention, no matter how exhausted she was?
3. How did Allendy and Nin end their final appointment together in June?
4. In April, how did Perles' feelings for Nin change?
5. Of the following, which was not one of the needs Nin required to be handled by men?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)