|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following women was Henry not romantically involved with when seeing Nin?
(b) A Surrealist painter.
(d) A dancer.
2. In April of 1932, what did Miller claim to dislike?
(a) Faithless women.
(c) Happy couples.
(d) Overbearing men.
3. How did Nin refer to the obligations Miller had to attend to because of his books?
(a) Ugly situations.
(b) Tacky situations.
(c) Bourgeois situations.
(d) Chic situations.
4. How did Miller once feel about sex with Nin?
(a) Sex was a disease.
(b) Sex was necessary to keep her with him.
(c) Sex was possession.
(d) Sex was love.
5. What part of her body did Nin show Allendy in May?
(a) Her breasts.
(b) Her vagina.
(c) Her thighs.
(d) Her back.
6. In April, how did Perles' feelings for Nin change?
(a) He grew to hate her.
(b) He realized he had judged her too harshly at their first meeting.
(c) He decided that she was too sisterly for attraction.
(d) He fell more in love with her.
7. With what did Hugo begin to experiment in May of 1932?
8. Why was Miller's dislike (as claimed in April of 1932) hypocritical?
(a) Miller and Mansfield were very happy together.
(b) Miller was very overbearing.
(c) Miller was constantly unfaithful.
(d) Miller had several children.
9. To what did Nin agree in April to quell Eduardo's fear?
(a) She would keep Hugo from hurting him.
(b) She would never intentionally get pregnant.
(c) She would never leave him, even if she stopped loving him.
(d) She would partially censor her journal for him.
10. Who suggested to Nin that she might be losing herself in what was not hers?
(a) Dr. Allendy.
11. How did Miller feel about Hugo?
(a) He felt Hugo deserved better than Nin.
(b) He felt Hugo was his equal.
(c) He felt Hugo was a brute.
(d) He felt Hugo was inferior.
12. Where was Nin's studio?
(a) Wallis and Futana.
13. What was the motivation behind Miller's tirade about Hugo and Nin's relationship?
(a) He believed that he could drive Hugo away.
(b) He was afraid that Nin would ultimately choose Hugo over himself.
(c) He thought Nin was hurting Hugo unfairly.
(d) He wanted Nin entirely to himself.
14. Over love for whom did Nin disagree with Allendy?
(c) Allendy himself.
15. In May, to where did Dr. Allendy accompany Nin?
(a) The ballet.
(b) Joaquin's piano recital.
(c) Hugo's father's funeral.
(d) A public reading of Miller's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Nin claim to feel in May when she realized her entire life had become secondary to Miller?
2. What did Allendy initially believe was at the heart of Nin's problem?
3. Over which lover did Nin began to feel unsure of in May?
4. Describe Miller's love for Nin.
5. How did Allendy characterize Hugo?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)