|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe Miller's love for Nin.
2. Which of the following was not one of the traits Miller claimed Nin needed in a partner?
(b) More lenient.
3. According to Miller, Nin gave him everything while he gave her _____.
(a) His love.
(b) His writing.
(d) A little.
4. What fear keeps Nin from taking complete pleasure in having sex with Miller?
(b) Longing for Mansfield.
(d) Fear of pregnancy.
5. What did Miller say in Nin's studio that hurt her feelings in April?
(a) He said she was simply using people.
(b) He said she was not a talented writer.
(c) He said she was not beautiful.
(d) He said she was a bad person for cheating on Hugo.
6. What fear did Perles express to Nin during May?
(a) He was afraid she was stretched too thin in her relationships.
(b) He was afraid she was expecting Miller to propose to her, though he had no intention.
(c) He was afraid Miller would hurt her.
(d) He was afraid Nin would end up pregnant without knowing the child's father.
7. By May of 1932, what was Nin worried about in regards to her personality?
(a) Her masculine traits.
(b) Her temper.
(c) Her indecision.
(d) Her meekness.
8. How did Nin claim to feel in May when she realized her entire life had become secondary to Miller?
9. Over which lover did Nin began to feel unsure of in May?
10. Where was Nin's studio?
(b) Wallis and Futana.
11. Which of the following women was Henry not romantically involved with when seeing Nin?
(a) A dancer.
(d) A Surrealist painter.
12. In May, Nin began to wonder which of the two men (Miller and Allendy) were helping her control her _____.
(a) Mental breakdowns.
13. According to Nin in July, what was destined to happen between Miller and herself?
(a) They would end their relationship violently.
(b) He would lose her.
(c) He would go back to Mansfield.
(d) He would grow bored with her.
14. How had Miller's feelings began to alter in regards to Nin by May of 1932?
(a) He began to grow disinterested in her.
(b) He started to hate her free-spiritedness.
(c) He grew resentful of her ability to attract others.
(d) He fell in love with her.
15. What part of her body did Nin show Allendy in May?
(a) Her breasts.
(b) Her thighs.
(c) Her back.
(d) Her vagina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Nin claim for her desire to end her journal?
2. In April of 1932, what did Miller claim to dislike?
3. What did Nin vow to never to do in regards to her relationship with Hugo?
4. What did Allendy suggest as being the cause of Nin's inferiority complex?
5. How did Allendy characterize Hugo?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)