|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Eduardo obsess when it comes to Nin?
(a) Her other relationships.
(c) Half measures.
(d) His capability as a lover.
2. What did Perles and Miller both beg of Nin when they meet with her in March?
(a) They begged her to read her work aloud to him.
(b) They both wanted her to spend the night with him.
(c) They begged her to pose for a portrait.
(d) They asked her to leave them alone.
3. Even after their meeting with Perles, how did Miller still view Nin?
4. About what does Mansfield object in regards to Miller?
(a) His atheism.
(b) His views on sex and sensuality.
(c) His political ideals.
(d) His adherence to their marriage.
5. Why did Nin find herself unable to commit to Miller, despite their attraction to each other and compatibility?
(a) Nin felt she loved Mansfield more.
(b) Nin felt Miller could not understand her.
(c) Nin was afraid Miller would try to force her to leave Hugo.
(d) Nin was afraid that her relationship with Miller would overshadow her writing career.
6. Where did Miller and Mansfield live?
(b) Henry St. Joint.
7. What did Nin's dream about Mansfield reveal about the writer herself?
(a) Her insecurities about Mansfield.
(b) Her ignorance of Mansfield's relationship with Miller.
(c) Her hatred for Mansfield.
(d) Her own inability to be satisfied.
8. What was Hugo's main fear when Nin confessed her affair with Miller to him?
(a) He was afraid Miller would get her sick.
(b) He was afraid she would leave him.
(c) He was afraid that Miller's wife would attempt to seduce himself out of revenge.
(d) He was afraid Miller would get her pregnant.
9. How did Perles feel when Nin went to Miller's bedroom the night they met?
(a) He felt sorry for Mansfield.
(b) He felt jealous.
(c) He felt angry at Nin.
(d) He was indifferent.
10. Why did Nin first sleep with Henry Miller?
(a) She was trying to get back at Hugo.
(b) She pitied him.
(c) She was slipped a drug.
(d) She thought she could write about her experiences for her next book.
11. By Nin's standards, what outlived reality?
12. According to Nin, why did she try to assume the dominant role in a relationship?
(a) She was too tomboyish to not be dominant.
(b) She was afraid someone would take advantage of her.
(c) She liked to blur the societal gender roles.
(d) She would fall for weak men.
13. How did Miller feel about Nin and Mansfield's relationship in January of 1932?
(a) He began to entertain thoughts of living with both women.
(b) He began to hate Nin.
(c) He began to feel emasculated by their relationship.
(d) He began to hate Mansfield.
14. Who was Nin's guest at the exhibition?
15. Nin found herself torn between ______ and Mansfield for romantic affection in March.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hugo feel about Nin's new aspect on life after her meeting with Miller in March?
2. After meeting Mansfield for lunch, what does Nin conclude about her feelings for the other woman?
3. When analyzing Mansfield's stories, what doubts does Nin begin to feel?
4. What did Nin believe about Miller's feelings towards sex?
5. Why did Eduardo feel the way he did about Miller in March?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)