|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Nin first sleep with Henry Miller?
(a) She thought she could write about her experiences for her next book.
(b) She was trying to get back at Hugo.
(c) She pitied him.
(d) She was slipped a drug.
2. Even after their meeting with Perles, how did Miller still view Nin?
3. By Nin's standards, what outlived reality?
4. What did Nin admit to being frightened by with Miller?
(a) His age.
(b) His marriage.
(c) His intensity.
(d) His politics.
5. Through what mutual acquaintance did Nin and Henry Miller meet?
(a) RIchard Osborn.
(b) Salvador Dali.
(c) Anna Navarra.
(d) Eduardo Nin.
6. By what other name Nin often refer to Miller in March?
7. How did Eduardo feel about Miller?
8. With what did Nin paper her walls in February while she was in Louveciennes?
(a) Miller's letters.
(b) Hugo's early love letters to her.
(c) Mansfield's writings.
(d) Her own poetry.
9. Why did Miller claim that Nin needed more of a man than Hugo?
(a) He saw her as fragile.
(b) He saw her as lonely.
(c) He saw her as aggressive.
(d) He saw her as passionate.
10. When Nin read Miller's new novel in February, how did she feel about it?
(a) She found it to be boring.
(b) She was annoyed that he included their affair as part of the novel.
(c) She found it to be beautiful.
(d) She enjoyed his technical skill, but believed he lacked passion.
11. Who did Nin allow to read her journal at the end of March?
12. What did Perles and Miller both beg of Nin when they meet with her in March?
(a) They begged her to pose for a portrait.
(b) They both wanted her to spend the night with him.
(c) They begged her to read her work aloud to him.
(d) They asked her to leave them alone.
13. Why did Miller want to unmask Nin?
(a) He wanted to own every aspect of her.
(b) He wanted to write about her.
(c) He wanted to tear her down for his own needs.
(d) He wanted to manipulate her out of loving Hugo.
14. What was the subject of the book that required Nin to obtain a lawyer?
(b) World War I.
(c) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) Light erotica.
15. With whom does Nin attempt to end a relationship in March of 1932?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hugo find out about Nin's affair with John Erskine?
2. Nin found herself torn between ______ and Mansfield for romantic affection in March.
3. What was Hugo's main fear when Nin confessed her affair with Miller to him?
4. What action did Nin and her guest take at the exhibition?
5. What was Nin unable to do for Mansfield in her dream?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)