|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Nin think Henry believed her to be more sexually experienced than she actually was?
(a) She was an artist's model.
(b) She was older than his wife.
(c) She had affairs behind Hugo's back.
(d) She was married.
2. Who suggested Nin sees a psychoanalyst?
3. How did Nin claim she and Mansfield communicated during February of 1932?
(b) Short stories that alluded to their feelings for one another.
(d) They developed a secret language.
4. According to Nin, why did she try to assume the dominant role in a relationship?
(a) She would fall for weak men.
(b) She liked to blur the societal gender roles.
(c) She was afraid someone would take advantage of her.
(d) She was too tomboyish to not be dominant.
5. After meeting Mansfield for lunch, what does Nin conclude about her feelings for the other woman?
(a) Nin was infatuated with her.
(b) Nin hated her.
(c) Nin believed Mansfield was not good enough for Henry.
(d) Nin believed Mansfield was trying marginalize her.
6. What did Perles and Miller both beg of Nin when they meet with her in March?
(a) They begged her to pose for a portrait.
(b) They asked her to leave them alone.
(c) They both wanted her to spend the night with him.
(d) They begged her to read her work aloud to him.
7. What revelation did Eduardo make to Nin in the first month of this journal?
(a) He had an affair with her husband.
(b) He was repulsed by her actions.
(c) He was battling an opium addiction.
(d) He was in love with her.
8. With what did Nin paper her walls in February while she was in Louveciennes?
(a) Miller's letters.
(b) Hugo's early love letters to her.
(c) Her own poetry.
(d) Mansfield's writings.
9. With whom does Nin attempt to end a relationship in March of 1932?
10. According to Nin, what could she not be if she were a faithful wife?
(a) An expert on erotica.
(c) An artist.
(d) A tragic figure.
11. How did Eduardo feel about Miller?
12. How did Hugo feel about June Mansfield when he first met her?
(a) He hated her.
(b) He was afraid of her intellect.
(c) He pitied her.
(d) He was attracted to her.
13. By Nin's standards, what outlived reality?
14. Nin found herself torn between ______ and Mansfield for romantic affection in March.
15. How did Hugo refer to his and Nin's tumultuous relationship in November?
(a) A honeymoon.
(b) A divorce.
(c) A funeral dirge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Nin allow to read her journal at the end of March?
2. After their meeting in March, what was Nin happy to do for him?
3. With whom does Nin find solace when she was at her most insecure in March?
4. What did Henry do to Nin that initially repulses her in their first meeting?
5. Why did Miller want to unmask Nin?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)