Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Pages 1-52; October 1931- February 1932
1. Describe Nin's relationship with Eduardo.
2. What were Hugo's insecurities about Nin at the beginning of her journal?
3. Why was Nin obsessed with sexual fulfillment in October of 1931?
4. Discuss Hugo and Nin's relationship in November of 1931.
5. Describe Nin and Miller's first meeting.
6. Why did Nin initially have sex with Miller?
7. Why was Hugo worried about Nin's affair with Miller?
8. How did Nin feel...
This section contains 726 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)