|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pages 145-213.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way did Miller verbally express his love for Nin?
(a) He told her he needed to own her.
(b) He told her she needed to become more assertive.
(c) He told her she needed to leave him for his own good.
(d) He told her he needed to write a story about her.
2. According to Miller, Nin gave him everything while he gave her _____.
(a) His love.
(b) A little.
(c) His writing.
3. Why did Miller claim that Nin needed more of a man than Hugo?
(a) He saw her as aggressive.
(b) He saw her as lonely.
(c) He saw her as passionate.
(d) He saw her as fragile.
4. Why did Miller want to unmask Nin?
(a) He wanted to tear her down for his own needs.
(b) He wanted to own every aspect of her.
(c) He wanted to write about her.
(d) He wanted to manipulate her out of loving Hugo.
5. With what did Nin paper her walls in February while she was in Louveciennes?
(a) Her own poetry.
(b) Miller's letters.
(c) Mansfield's writings.
(d) Hugo's early love letters to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nin, why did she try to assume the dominant role in a relationship?
2. What about Nin hurt Hugo more than anything else in the beginning of the journal?
3. What did Nin ask of Miller in May?
4. What revelation did Eduardo make to Nin in the first month of this journal?
5. How had Miller's feelings began to alter in regards to Nin by May of 1932?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)