|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-52; October 1931- February 1932.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hugo refer to his and Nin's tumultuous relationship in November?
(b) A divorce.
(c) A honeymoon.
(d) A funeral dirge.
2. How did Hugo find out about Nin's affair with John Erskine?
(a) Erskine's wife confronted Hugo when she saw him at a museum.
(b) Erskine wrote him a letter.
(c) He read her journal.
(d) He found the gifts Erskine had given her.
3. How did Miller feel about Nin and Mansfield's relationship in January of 1932?
(a) He began to feel emasculated by their relationship.
(b) He began to entertain thoughts of living with both women.
(c) He began to hate Mansfield.
(d) He began to hate Nin.
4. According to Nin, what could she not be if she were a faithful wife?
(a) An artist.
(b) An expert on erotica.
(c) A tragic figure.
5. How did Nin claim she and Mansfield communicated during February of 1932?
(b) Short stories that alluded to their feelings for one another.
(c) They developed a secret language.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hugo start to come home late in October?
2. Why did Miller become angry with Nin during his first attempt at seducing her?
3. Why did Nin refuse to leave Hugo?
4. About what sexual activity did Nin find herself frequently fantasizing in October?
5. What did Henry do to Nin that initially repulses her in their first meeting?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)