|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-52; October 1931- February 1932.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Nin, why did she try to assume the dominant role in a relationship?
(a) She would fall for weak men.
(b) She was too tomboyish to not be dominant.
(c) She liked to blur the societal gender roles.
(d) She was afraid someone would take advantage of her.
2. Why did Miller become angry with Nin during his first attempt at seducing her?
(a) He thought she was purposely being coy.
(b) She kept talking about her cousin.
(c) She got drunk and passed out.
(d) He did not know she had a husband.
3. What did Nin believe about Miller's feelings towards sex?
(a) Sex was about conquering the other person.
(b) Sex was love.
(c) Sex was pointless.
(d) Sex was degrading to both parties.
4. Why was Nin unable to eat in front of Mansfield when they met for lunch in January of 1932?
(a) She was annoyed that Mansfield was pregnant.
(b) She was too ill from drinking the night before.
(c) She was too intimidated by Mansfield.
(d) She was hoping to hide her nervous eating habits from Mansfield.
5. Through what mutual acquaintance did Nin and Henry Miller meet?
(a) Anna Navarra.
(b) RIchard Osborn.
(c) Eduardo Nin.
(d) Salvador Dali.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hugo start to come home late in October?
2. Why did Eduardo claim that Nin could not be a lesbian?
3. What was the subject of the book that required Nin to obtain a lawyer?
4. What revelation did Eduardo make to Nin in the first month of this journal?
5. How did Miller feel about Nin and Mansfield's relationship in January of 1932?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)