|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-52; October 1931- February 1932.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nin believe about Miller's feelings towards sex?
(a) Sex was love.
(b) Sex was degrading to both parties.
(c) Sex was about conquering the other person.
(d) Sex was pointless.
2. According to Nin, why did she try to assume the dominant role in a relationship?
(a) She was too tomboyish to not be dominant.
(b) She liked to blur the societal gender roles.
(c) She would fall for weak men.
(d) She was afraid someone would take advantage of her.
3. Why did Nin refuse to leave Hugo?
(a) She is afraid he will kill himself.
(b) She depends upon him financially.
(c) She loves him.
(d) He is too ill to be left alone.
4. Why did Eduardo claim that Nin could not be a lesbian?
(a) Eduardo was attempting to corral Nin for himself.
(b) Nin was repulsed by other women's bodies.
(c) Nin did not hate men.
(d) Nin did not view other women as equals.
5. About what does Mansfield object in regards to Miller?
(a) His adherence to their marriage.
(b) His views on sex and sensuality.
(c) His political ideals.
(d) His atheism.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Nin claim she and Mansfield communicated during February of 1932?
2. Why was Nin unable to eat in front of Mansfield when they met for lunch in January of 1932?
3. Why did Nin think Henry believed her to be more sexually experienced than she actually was?
4. According to Nin, what could she not be if she were a faithful wife?
5. What revelation did Eduardo make to Nin in the first month of this journal?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)