Pages 1-52; October 1931- February 1932
• Anais Nin discussed her need for an older, more experienced man to her cousin Eduardo, who tells her that she should be with him instead.
• Hugo was angry that Nin never seemed concerned about his whereabouts and that he felt frequently shut out of her life.
• Although she debated separating from Hugo, Nin wondered if she should be fully satisfied after reaching complete sexual fulfillment.
• Hugo and Nin's relationship suffered in November.
• Nin met Henry Miller the following month and she rejected his initial attempts at seduction, though she remained fascinated by his success as a writer.
• Miller and Nin meet a second time and he eventually used her guilt to coerce her into having sex with him.
• Nin related most of the encounter to Hugo, who started to worry that Nin might fall in love with Miller.
• Nin discussed her difficulty in...
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)