|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henderson say Dahfu resembles?
2. What would Henderson not agree to the death of?
3. What does Henderson believe that Turombo is defeated by?
4. What part of his body does Dahfu put into the lion's mouth?
5. What kind of creature does Romilayu say Henderson has been bitten by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will Henderson not turn back in Chapter Sixteen?
2. What does Henderson remember about the argument with his father at Dick's funeral?
3. What do Henderson and Dahfu think about each other?
4. What do the women do with Henderson in Chapter Fourteen?
5. Describe Henderson's first morning at the village.
6. What does Henderson write in his letter to Lilly?
7. How does Romilayu save Henderson from evil?
8. Describe Dahfu.
9. How does Henderson escape?
10. What is Henderson's life like as an Sungo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Henderson and Lily.
1) In what ways are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Bellow's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Look at the following statement: "In order to cope and understand death, people need to have an understanding of their spiritual nature." Argue for or against the statement using examples from the novel.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)