|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bomb damage?
2. What does Mtalba say she has brought Henderson?
3. Who is the wrestling champion of the village?
4. What does Henderson think when he is struck on the nose?
5. About what does the examiner question Henderson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the wrestling match between Itelo and Henderson?
2. Why does Henderson have to fight Itelo?
3. What does Ricey do with the black baby?
4. How do Lily and Henderson meet?
5. Describe Mtalba's visit with Henderson.
6. What do Lily and Henderson do in Paris?
7. How has Lily' s life changed in Chapter Three?
8. In what way do Lily and Henderson's opinions differ on the portrait?
9. Describe Lily's life up to meeting Henderson?
10. What experience has been weighing on Henderson's mind?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whether you think this statement is true or false: "The character of Henderson is a portrayal of American societty's increasingly individualistic outlook. Use two examples from the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Bellow was a socialist. Using two examples from the novel, discuss the ways the story reflects Bellow's political ideas?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Bellow's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)