|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Itelo make Henderson place on top of his head?
(a) Henderson's elbow
(b) Henderson's nose
(c) Henderson's hand
(d) Henderson's foot
2. With whose suicide does Lily associate the sound of the gun?
(a) Her brother
(b) Her best friend
(c) Her mother
(d) Her father
3. Of what does Willatale say Henderson has some foundations?
4. Who are the first people to meet Henderson?
(a) Witch doctors
(b) Tribal leaders
5. What does Miss Lennox do for Henderson?
(a) Makes breakfast
(b) Lights his cigarettes
(c) Does his laundry
(d) Washes his feet
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henderson think is the only thing that can burst the spirit's sleep?
2. What does the bomb damage?
3. With whom does Henderson observe the frogs?
4. What are Lily and her father doing when he knocks out her teeth?
5. Who is the wrestling champion of the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Henderson and Romilayu greeted at the Wariri village?
2. Why are Henderson's books so important to him?
3. How does the wood chip change Henderson's life?
4. Describe Romilayu and Henderson's journey to Wariri.
5. How does Henderson react to the corpse in Chapter Eleven?
6. Why does Henderson head off to the remote parts of Africa?
7. What does Henderson remember about his dentist back in Europe and America?
8. Describe the wrestling match between Itelo and Henderson?
9. Why does Henderson have to fight Itelo?
10. Why does Henderson feel depressed after the wrestling match?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)