|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson try to drive faster than in order to catch back up with the Hell's Angels?
2. The Hell's Angels were typically ________, though they were not as bad as the media made them out to be.
3. When Thompson awakes, he finds __________ recording an interview with Barger.
4. What is NOT one of the categories into which the Hell's Angels place women?
5. The Hell's Angels became the unlikely heroes of the _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the preacher tell the Hell's Angels at the funeral for one of their own?
2. What did Thompson do during the night as the party continued long into the night?
3. According to the Federal narcotics agents, how were the Hell's Angels transferring drugs from one place to the next?
4. What happens when Thompson takes the photographer's car to the police station?
5. What do the Hell's Angels believe makes women want to sleep with them?
6. What is supposed to be the main drug that the Hell's Angels were trafficking and selling?
7. How does Thompson describe the Hell's Angels in relation to their feeling of being drifters?
8. What does Thompson think was the cause of the riots at the rally in Laconia?
9. Who does Thompson suggest were the first drifters in the New World?
10. Why did the Hell's Angels eventually become upset with the actions of Allan Ginsberg?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Women seem to be groupies to the Hell's Angels, wanting to sleep with them and to be with them.
Part 1: What do you think the appeal of the Hell's Angels is for the women in the story?
Part 2: Do you think the women have sex with the Hell's Angels willingly? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you believe the Hell's Angels are the rapists they are purported to be? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
When the women leave the camp at Bass Lake, the Hell's Angels turn to drugs and alcohol to keep themselves company.
Part 1: Why do you think the women left the Hell's Angels camp at the time of the curfew?
Part 2: Why do you think the Hell's Angels want female companionship so much?
Part 3: What do you think the Hell's Angels really think about women?
Essay Topic 3
The Hell's Angels practice the idea of total retaliation for crimes committed against them.
Part 1: Why do you think 'eye for an eye' didn't work for the Hell's Angels?
Part 2: Why do you think total retaliation is the way of the Hell's Angels? What does this say about them?
Part 3: Why is the idea of total retaliation completely imbalanced?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)