|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thompson believes that while the Hell's Angels are ____________, they are not making up a large part of the drug trade.
2. The Hell's Angels were typically ________, though they were not as bad as the media made them out to be.
3. Who did Thompson try to drive faster than in order to catch back up with the Hell's Angels?
4. When most of the ___________ left the campground, the Hell's Angels began to drink and to use drugs more vigorously.
5. Other cars and ____________ also arrived during the night, even though they were not supposed to.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thompson do for the night once he is tired of the endless rounds of drinking?
2. Why did the activities of the Hell's Angels slow down during the winter of 1965?
3. What do Gut and Buzzard want Thompson to do for them when they are at a roadside stand?
4. What is the media's opinion of the Hell's Angels and their perception of rape?
5. What does Tiny Baxter offer to Barger when the Hell's Angels arrive in Bass Lake?
6. What did Thompson do during the night as the party continued long into the night?
7. What happens when Thompson takes the photographer's car to the police station?
8. What were the three categories of women as described by the Hell's Angels in the story?
9. What does Thompson think was the cause of the riots at the rally in Laconia?
10. What do the Hell's Angels believe makes women want to sleep with them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When the women leave the camp at Bass Lake, the Hell's Angels turn to drugs and alcohol to keep themselves company.
Part 1: Why do you think the women left the Hell's Angels camp at the time of the curfew?
Part 2: Why do you think the Hell's Angels want female companionship so much?
Part 3: What do you think the Hell's Angels really think about women?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the story, it seems that the Hell's Angels, though wary of Thompson at first, seem to open up to him in a way they might not with other journalists.
Part 1: Why do you think Thompson decided to learn more about the Hell's Angels?
Part 2: Why do you think the Hell's Angels responded to Thompson and his inquiries?
Part 3: Isn't Thompson just as bad as the rest of the media? Isn't he just trying to make money or gain fame from the celebrity of the Hell's Angels? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The opposition the Hell's Angels face when they are in town is astounding.
Part 1: Do you think the people of the town are afraid of the Hell's Angels? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think the people of the town show their disdain for the Hell's Angels?
Part 3: Why didn't the people of the town simply close up for the time when the Hell's Angels were in town?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)