|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson try to drive faster than in order to catch back up with the Hell's Angels?
2. The Hell's Angels became the unlikely heroes of the _____________.
3. The Laconia "____________" of 1965 was also blamed on the presence of Hell's Angels.
4. What did Gut and Buzzard show to Thompson when they were stopped at a roadside stand?
5. Which of the groups of women do not tend to stay with the Hell's Angels for very long?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the rules of the curfew put into place by the local police in the area of the Hell's Angels?
2. What does Thompson do in his car as he is following the path of the Hell's Angels?
3. Why did the activities of the Hell's Angels slow down during the winter of 1965?
4. What do Gut and Buzzard want Thompson to do for them when they are at a roadside stand?
5. What do the Hell's Angels believe makes women want to sleep with them?
6. What does Tiny Baxter offer to Barger when the Hell's Angels arrive in Bass Lake?
7. What were the three categories of women as described by the Hell's Angels in the story?
8. What is the media's opinion of the Hell's Angels and their perception of rape?
9. What does Thompson do for the night once he is tired of the endless rounds of drinking?
10. According to the Federal narcotics agents, how were the Hell's Angels transferring drugs from one place to the next?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The motorcycle you choose is certainly the most important tool in your gang status.
Part 1: Why do you think Harley-Davidsons were the bike of choice for the Hell's Angels?
Part 2: What is the significance of the bikes needing to be personalized and chopped up?
Part 3: Why do you think the motorcycles are such a thrilling way to travel?
Essay Topic 2
The perception of the Hell's Angels varied from one group of people to the next, causing them to be a sort of mystery.
Part 1: Why do you think the police had such a negative perception of the Hell's Angels?
Part 2: Why do you think Thompson found the Hell's Angels to be less mythical than others did?
Part 3: Why do you think the Hell's Angels were so mysterious?
Essay Topic 3
Thompson wonders whether the Hell's Angels are just another group of classic drifters in the world.
Part 1: Why do you think indentured servants are considered by Thompson to be the first drifters in the world?
Part 2: Why do you think the Hell's Angels could be considered drifters?
Part 3: Why do you think the drifting lifestyle is coveted? What makes it something to strive for?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)