|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the home turf of Satan's Slaves, the number three most popular bike club in the state?
2. Thompson when reading the report created by Lynch decided that the conclusion is that the police ________________.
3. Most Hell's Angels in the mid 1960s did not care about their ___________.
4. The hard riding of the Hell's Angels is _______________, fearless, and dangerous.
5. Whose office had received various reports on what the Hell's Angels had in mind for their annual picnic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the problem of having their pictures taken so often, according to the Hell's Angels?
2. What happened to the rape allegations that were made in reference to the Hell's Angels during the Labor Day weekend of 1964?
3. In late June, what made front page news all over the nation, according to Thompson's research?
4. What were some of the examples of how the Hell's Angels were treated like celebrities?
5. When and where did the first motorcycle gangs begin, according to Thompson?
6. Why is leather such a practical thing to wear if you are someone who rides a motorcycle?
7. Who does Thompson say is keen on outrage stories to tell the public?
8. From which motorcycle gang does Thompson feel hostility when he goes to meet up with the Hell's Angels?
9. What was AG Thomas Lynch's response to the Hell's Angels when they were first formed?
10. What had to happen to a bike in order for it to be considered a chopper, a hog, or a chopped hog?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
With Hunter Thompson as the author of this book, it seems the information being given to a reader may not always be reliable.
Part 1: Why might Hunter Thompson not be a reliable historian for the Hell's Angels?
Part 2: What might Thompson have done to ensure his writing was fair and unbiased? Or is it? Why?
Part 3: If Thompson is not a reliable narrator for the story of the Hell's Angels, how does that affect the book?
Essay Topic 2
In the case of the Monterey rape, no evidence was found to support the accusations of rape.
Part 1: What do you think happened during the Monterey Hell's Angels gathering?
Part 2: Do you think the women were actually raped? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why might the alleged victims have lied about being raped if they indeed lied?
Essay Topic 3
The motorcycle gangs were influenced by movies and then the movies began to be influenced by real life motorcycle gangs.
Part 1: Why did the motorcycle gang members feel a connection to Brando in "The Wild One"?
Part 2: Why would the motorcycle gang members have felt a connection to the movie, "Scorpio Rising"?
Part 3: Why do you think movies are so influential in society?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)