|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the preferred model of Harley weigh when it left the factory?
2. Everyone wanted __________ and stories about the Hell's Angels as they become celebrities.
3. The motorcycle gang was observant of _____________ as they rode their bikes.
4. Where was the annual gathering of the Hell's Angels supposed to be?
5. By the midsummer of 1965, the Hell's Angels were already the subject of two _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Thompson eventually evicted from his apartment during the time he lived in California?
2. What was happening in Monterey over Labor Day weekend in 1964?
3. What are the requirements for someone when they are choosing a Harley-Davidson motorcycle?
4. What were some of Frenchy's worries about the trip up to Bass Lake?
5. What was the problem of having their pictures taken so often, according to the Hell's Angels?
6. What were some of the goals the state had in order to help break down the Hell's Angels and their operations?
7. Name three of the Hell's Angels identified on the first page of the book written by Hunter Thompson.
8. What was the basic tenet of the moral code of the Hell's Angels? What did they believe about those who harmed them?
9. Why weren't the Hell's Angels interested in causing trouble on their trip to Bass Lake?
10. Who were the 'One Percenters' as Thompson found out from his research?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The initiation ritual of the Hell's Angels is certainly an interesting one. That said, it also seems to create the idea that all of the men are equal.
Part 1: Why do you think an initiation ritual is necessary to be a part of the Hell's Angels?
Part 2: Why do you think feces and urine are used in this ritual? Why not something else?
Part 3: Can you come up with an alternative ritual the Hell's Angels might use to induct a new member?
Essay Topic 2
The Hell's Angels practice the idea of total retaliation for crimes committed against them.
Part 1: Why do you think 'eye for an eye' didn't work for the Hell's Angels?
Part 2: Why do you think total retaliation is the way of the Hell's Angels? What does this say about them?
Part 3: Why is the idea of total retaliation completely imbalanced?
Essay Topic 3
The motorcycle you choose is certainly the most important tool in your gang status.
Part 1: Why do you think Harley-Davidsons were the bike of choice for the Hell's Angels?
Part 2: What is the significance of the bikes needing to be personalized and chopped up?
Part 3: Why do you think the motorcycles are such a thrilling way to travel?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)