|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were four of the Hell's Angels arrested for pushing the gang into the national eye?
2. Only in ________ did the Hell's Angels retain their traditional strength.
3. The girls the Hell's Angels were with were only 14 and 15, and one of them was ______________.
4. The demand for the Lynch report was so great that there had to be ____________
5. Who was the unofficial yet acknowledged leader of the Hell's Angels back in 1964?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the problem of having their pictures taken so often, according to the Hell's Angels?
2. Why weren't the Hell's Angels interested in causing trouble on their trip to Bass Lake?
3. What were some of the goals the state had in order to help break down the Hell's Angels and their operations?
4. What does Zorro, the only Brazilian Hell's Angel, say is the best thing about the Hell's Angels?
5. Who were the 'One Percenters' as Thompson found out from his research?
6. What was happening in Monterey over Labor Day weekend in 1964?
7. Why was it a better idea to be a part of a gang than to be a biker on one's own, as in being outside of the Hell's Angels?
8. What made the Hell's Angels different from other gangs in their area of the state of California?
9. Who does Thompson say is keen on outrage stories to tell the public?
10. What was the basic tenet of the moral code of the Hell's Angels? What did they believe about those who harmed them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The media attention the Hell's Angels received seemed to be welcome at first, but then it started to wear on them and on their activities.
Part 1: Why were the Hell's Angels so eager to have their pictures taken with the media?
Part 2: Why did the pictures of the Hell's Angels turn out to be a harmful thing for the gang?
Part 3: Why wouldn't the Hell's Angels have simply stayed out of sight? Why did they allow themselves to become exposed?
Essay Topic 2
The initiation ritual of the Hell's Angels is certainly an interesting one. That said, it also seems to create the idea that all of the men are equal.
Part 1: Why do you think an initiation ritual is necessary to be a part of the Hell's Angels?
Part 2: Why do you think feces and urine are used in this ritual? Why not something else?
Part 3: Can you come up with an alternative ritual the Hell's Angels might use to induct a new member?
Essay Topic 3
The runs of the Hell's Angels don't really seem to be that big of a deal to the reader who is outside of the situation.
Part 1: Why do the Hell's Angels go on these group runs to other places in the state?
Part 2: Why do the police believe these runs will be dangerous situations?
Part 3: Why do you think the Hell's Angels were so good about following local laws as best they could?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)