|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______________ is durable in a road accident when exposed skin is easily shredded on asphalt.
2. By the midsummer of 1965, the Hell's Angels were already the subject of two _____________.
3. Which of these is NOT a true name of a Hell's Angel as Thompson lists them in the book?
4. What was the name of the motorcycle gang in "The Wild One" movie?
5. What did Thomas Lynch send to others in order to get more information about the Hell's Angels?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where were the bikers at the beginning of the book headed to on Labor Day weekend?
2. What was AG Thomas Lynch's response to the Hell's Angels when they were first formed?
3. When and where did the first motorcycle gangs begin, according to Thompson?
4. What had to happen to a bike in order for it to be considered a chopper, a hog, or a chopped hog?
5. What does Zorro, the only Brazilian Hell's Angel, say is the best thing about the Hell's Angels?
6. What were some of the problems related to the rape investigation related to Labor Day weekend 1964?
7. In late June, what made front page news all over the nation, according to Thompson's research?
8. What was the problem of having their pictures taken so often, according to the Hell's Angels?
9. Why was it a better idea to be a part of a gang than to be a biker on one's own, as in being outside of the Hell's Angels?
10. Describe what happens in the movie "Scorpio Rising" which has been seen by the Hell's Angels.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The initiation ritual of the Hell's Angels is certainly an interesting one. That said, it also seems to create the idea that all of the men are equal.
Part 1: Why do you think an initiation ritual is necessary to be a part of the Hell's Angels?
Part 2: Why do you think feces and urine are used in this ritual? Why not something else?
Part 3: Can you come up with an alternative ritual the Hell's Angels might use to induct a new member?
Essay Topic 2
In the case of the Monterey rape, no evidence was found to support the accusations of rape.
Part 1: What do you think happened during the Monterey Hell's Angels gathering?
Part 2: Do you think the women were actually raped? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why might the alleged victims have lied about being raped if they indeed lied?
Essay Topic 3
Meeting up with the sheriff of Bass Lake is an unexpected turn of events for a story about the Hell's Angels, it seems.
Part 1: Why do you think the Hell's Angels decided to meet up with the sheriff?
Part 2: Why was the sheriff keen on meeting up with the leader of the Hell's Angels?
Part 3: Do you think the sheriff intentionally led the Hell's Angels to an inferior camping area? Why or why not?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)