|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many people wandered into the _________ for sex or for sleep.
(d) Picnic area
2. Who remained awake all night listening to the stories of the Hell's Angels?
(a) Hunter Thompson
(b) An unnamed journalist
(c) Sonny Barger
(d) Terry the Tramp
3. The Hell's Angels ___________ attend the annual rally put on by the AMA.
(a) Are trying to be invited to
(b) Do not
4. The Hell's Angels Thompson spoke to said that these 'smugglers' from #148 _____________.
(a) Were made up
(b) Were leaders of another chapter
(c) Were friends
(d) Were unknown to them
5. Indentured servants sold themselves into __________ to travel to colonial America.
(b) Temporary slavery
(c) Criminal groups
(d) Sexual slavery
6. The Hell's Angels were purported to have sent a large amount of _____________ worth more than $1 million between California and New York.
7. Why did the activities of the Hell's Angels slow down in the winter of 1965?
(a) Too many were arrested
(b) Inclement weather
(c) Low membership
(d) They didn't
8. What is NOT one of the categories into which the Hell's Angels place women?
(b) Strange Chicks
(d) Old Ladies
9. Drifters then became ________ who seemed to progress to the West in the country.
10. Whose anti-war rhetoric did the Hell's Angels not agree with, causing them to become angry when they were with him?
(a) Allan Ginsberg
(b) Abbie Hoffman
(c) Tim Leary
(d) Noam Chomsky
11. Thompson believes that while the Hell's Angels are ____________, they are not making up a large part of the drug trade.
(b) Drug sellers
(c) Drug users
(d) Gang members
12. What were the results of Dirty Ed's beating by the teenagers? What was his significant injury?
(a) Scalp laceration requiring stitches
(b) Broken collarbone
(c) Broken arm
(d) A few bruises
13. What drug were the Hell's Angels introduced to, though they ended up going back to marijuana instead?
14. The Hell's Angels do not have a _____________ in the conventional sense, according to Thompson.
15. Who did the sheriff arrest in the altercation between Dirty Ed and the teenagers?
(a) Dirty Ed
(b) Both parties
(d) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. The rioting and the violence at the ______________ rally was blamed on the Hell's Angels.
2. _______________ invited the Hell's Angels to his personal home and to his property.
3. Motorcycle outlaws have been accused of maintaining a ______________.
4. Who did Thompson try to drive faster than in order to catch back up with the Hell's Angels?
5. Who is the person in town that informs Thompson and the others they are not welcome in the town?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)