|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the midsummer of 1965, the Hell's Angels were already the subject of two _____________.
(a) Scholarly theses
(b) Rape cases
2. Only in ________ did the Hell's Angels retain their traditional strength.
(d) San Jose
3. The girls the Hell's Angels were with were only 14 and 15, and one of them was ______________.
(b) A sheriff's daughter
(c) An undercover cop
4. The citizens of the area were becoming concerned about the predictions of ______________ and criminal activities.
(b) Lewd behavior
(c) Loud noises
(d) Drunken men
5. What was the title of the article printed about the Hell's Angels in Time Magazine?
(a) The Wilder Ones
(b) The End is Near
(c) The Wild Ride
(d) The Wild Gang
6. The Hell's Angels also believe their ____________ is inherently correct.
(b) Biking style
(c) Way of living
7. One Hell's Angel was worried about the trip because "with all the ________ I'm afraid every cop in the state will be there."
8. When the Hell's Angels would strip and personalize their bikes, what did they NOT call them?
(c) Chopped hog
9. In the public perception of the Hell's Angels, they were big time _______________.
10. Who wanted to make sure that Thompson wasn't bringing anyone with him?
(b) Sonny Barger
(d) Terry the Tramp
11. What is the final destination of the Hell's Angels at the beginning of the book?
(b) San Francisco
(c) Monterey Peninsula
(d) Big Sur
12. The Hell's Angels tried to ________________ the newfound fame by charging for their time.
(a) Take advantage of
(b) Capitalize on
(c) Push away
(d) Increase their
13. The heart of the Lynch Report was a section called ____________ which gave a brief account of outlaw activities dating back for a decade.
(a) Trafficking Drugs
(b) Hoodlum Activities
(c) Gangster Mob Rule
(d) Hell's Angels' Hell
14. The reports of the Hell's Angels seem to leave out the fact that the charges associated with the Hell's Angels were ___________.
15. The ___________ is obviously a sexual symbol, according to Thompson.
Short Answer Questions
1. "We're the _____________ ; the ____________ that don't fit and don't care."
2. Who was the senator in Monterey County who was keen on outrage stories, according to Thompson?
3. The Harley model ____________ was preferred by nearly all mid 1960s motorcycle outlaws.
4. The significant element to being a Hell's Angel in the 1960s was the _____________ operation.
5. What was the name of the 1964 avant garde film made by Kenneth Anger?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)