|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thompson when reading the report created by Lynch decided that the conclusion is that the police ________________.
(a) Could not do much
(b) Were scared of the Hell's Angels
(c) Had no idea what they were dealing with
(d) Had absolute power
2. By the midsummer of 1965, the Hell's Angels were already the subject of two _____________.
(c) Rape cases
(d) Scholarly theses
3. "We're the _____________ ; the ____________ that don't fit and don't care."
(a) Heroes; fighters
(b) One Percenters; one percent
(c) Crusaders; men
(d) Hell's Angels; drifters
4. What caused most of the smaller chapters of the Hell's Angels to wither away?
(a) The Gypsy Jokers
(c) The Lynch Report
(d) Police attention
5. What was the title of the article printed about the Hell's Angels in Time Magazine?
(a) The Wild Gang
(b) The End is Near
(c) The Wild Ride
(d) The Wilder Ones
6. What is the nickname of the preferred brand of motorcycles the Hell's Angels like to ride?
(d) Hog Boss
7. Where was the home turf of Satan's Slaves, the number three most popular bike club in the state?
(a) San Diego
(b) Venice Beach
(d) Los Angeles
8. Thompson sensed some __________ until some other Hell's Angels arrived at the assembly place.
9. Where did Thompson call before the trip on the Fourth of July as he wanted to go with the Hell's Angels?
(a) The Box Shop
(b) The Harley Store
(c) The diner
(d) The Traveler Bar
10. Where did Terry the Tramp end up working when he wasn't with the Hell's Angels?
(a) Owens Corning
(b) General Motors
11. In the public perception of the Hell's Angels, they were big time _______________.
12. _______________ is durable in a road accident when exposed skin is easily shredded on asphalt.
13. The Hell's Angels also believe their ____________ is inherently correct.
(b) Way of living
(c) Biking style
14. No matter the model of brand of bike a Hell's Angel rides, it has to be large, heavy, and ___________.
15. The girls the Hell's Angels were with were only 14 and 15, and one of them was ______________.
(c) A sheriff's daughter
(d) An undercover cop
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kierkegaard have to say about the press in his quote at the beginning of the chapter? "The daily press is the __________ of the modern world."
2. What were the Hell's Angels packing on their bikes behind them on their chopped hogs?
3. The reports of the Hell's Angels seem to leave out the fact that the charges associated with the Hell's Angels were ___________.
4. What holiday is being celebrated when the Hell's Angels are riding around California in the beginning of the book?
5. The vast majority of outlaws belong to a __________, rather than going solo.
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)