Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Part 1 Roll em, boys Abstract
* This is a flamboyant introduction to the text.
* The style of Thompson's journalism would later be called gonzo journalism.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* The first motorcycle gangs appeared in the 1940s in Southern California.
* The gangs considered themselves to be the dregs of society.
* The Hell's Angels began in 1950 in San Bernadino, California...
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)