|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florence find on the body in the wine cellar?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A watch.
(d) A ring.
2. What did Florence's brother, David, die from?
(a) Spinal meningitis.
(d) Traffic accident.
3. How is Lionel killed?
(c) Breaking his neck.
4. In Florence's trance, when she sees Daniel approaching his father, what happens?
(a) Florence begins tumbling in a pit.
(b) Daniel's father eats him.
(c) Daniel turns into an evil spirit.
(d) Florence faints.
5. What does Florence dream of doing?
(a) Dancing with Daniel.
(b) Marrying Daniel.
(d) Kissing Emeric.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel tell Florence that the Reversor will do to him?
2. What happens when Ben tries to tell Lionel that Edith is being affected by the house and should leave?
3. Who does Florence say is behind the haunting and phenomena?
4. What does William Deutsch instruct his father's representative to do with the Hell House researchers?
5. Florence claims that she was attacked by whom/what at the beginning of Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lionel behave after his attack in the steam room, and how does he rationalize the experience?
2. If there was a moral to the story of Hell House, what would it be and why?
3. To whom does Ben compare Florence's belief that Daniel haunts Hell House, and what happened to that person?
4. Why is Florence's sitting after finding Daniel Belasco so important?
5. What does Lionel do to keep Edith from wandering off while he is asleep? How does this make Edith feel at first? How does it make her feel later?
6. Lionel's concern for the health of Florence and Ben leads him to call Deutsch's man for medical help, preferably an ambulance. What does Lionel learn during that call?
7. What happens forty-five minutes after Lionel starts the Reversor, and why does he tell Ben that he needs Ben's presence in the house?
8. What does Daniel tell Florence that Lionel's machine will do? What does he tell her he needs in order to leave?
9. What is the operating premise of the Reversor?
10. What is Ben's reaction to Lionel's accusation that Deutsch is wasting one-third of his money?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)