|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Florence never marry?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) She liked playing the field.
(c) She never met a man she wanted to marry.
(d) She didn't believe in marriage.
2. How long has Hell House sat empty?
(a) Three years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Thirteen years.
(d) Thirty years.
3. In Part Three, of what does Florence accuse Ben?
(a) Being a fake.
(b) Touching her inappropriately.
(c) Blocking and obstructing his senses.
(d) Enjoying her discomfort.
4. What does William vow to do if Deutsch convinces the group to accept his offer?
(a) Block their efforts and payment.
(b) Make Deutsch's life miserable.
(c) Sell Hell House.
(d) Join the team.
5. What does Deutsch intend to pay Barrett to do?
(a) Find out if Hell House sits on a fault line.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) Create a machine to keep him alive forever.
(d) Prove whether or not there is life after death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edith do that causes Ben to slap her across the face?
2. What does Ben find written on a piece of cardboard in the kitchen?
3. Why does Florence get angry with Lionel at the dinner table?
4. How is the fog described when the group first approaches the house?
5. What is the name of the spirit that Florence channels?
Short Essay Questions
1. Hell House is situated at the edge of Bastard Bog. How did Bastard Bog get its name?
2. How did the Belasco House come to be known as "Hell House"?
3. How does Florence hear Belasco's voice, even though he has been dead for so long?
4. What element is the omnipresent representation in "Hell House"?
5. Whom does Deutsch choose as partners for Barrett and why?
6. Why does Lionel Barrett bring his wife, Edith, with him when she has no training in parapsychology or physics?
7. Why does Florence seem to be the center of the spirits' attentions?
8. Who is Benjamin Fischer, and what is his importance to the group going to Hell House?
9. Hell House is said to have reached the pinnacle of evil in 1928. What sort of events were said to occur that year?
10. How does Florence Tanner prepare for her trip to Hell House?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)