|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Deutsch's son?
2. What is the name of the group's spiritualist?
(a) Florence Tanner.
(b) Benjamin Fischer.
(c) William Deutsch.
(d) Lionel Barrett.
3. As the group begins to explore the house, what makes Florence feel ill?
(a) The atmosphere.
(b) The artwork.
(c) The rats.
(d) The smell.
4. What was Florence Taylor's previous profession?
(b) Social Worker.
(c) Lounge Singer.
5. What event occurs in Lionel and Edith's bedroom that Lionel attributes to kinetics?
(a) A figure appears and then disappears.
(b) The mirror turns black.
(c) A breeze blows out the candle.
(d) A window slams shut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lionel says that the smock and tights that he asks Florence to change into are a precaution against what?
2. What does Lionel attach to Florence's feet during his experiment testing her authenticity?
3. What event in Part Four makes the whole group feel better about being inside the house?
4. What does Lionel put on the table in front of Florence?
5. In which state is Hell House located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Florence Tanner, and what is her role in the group going to Hell House? What has she been promised for her participation?
2. Who does Florence believe she channels during her first session at Hell House? How does Lionel feel about Florence's thoughts?
3. How did Ben support himself after the first experience at Hell House? Why did he follow this particular path?
4. In what condition was Ben found after his first experience at Hell House?
5. Why is Florence unable to enter the chapel in Hell House?
6. How does Florence hear Belasco's voice, even though he has been dead for so long?
7. What does Ben do during the plane ride to Hell House, and how does he feel?
8. What does Barrett demand of Deutsch in order to complete the Hell House project?
9. What is the purpose of the cabinet Florence is put in and the costume she is given to wear?
10. Why does Florence seem to be the center of the spirits' attentions?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)