|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the ghostly figure in blue pajamas that Ben sees heading out the front door?
2. What is Florence Tanner's professional title?
3. What are Barrett's stipulations for doing Deutsch's bidding?
(a) A daily swim.
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(d) His machine be built and brought along.
4. Why are there no windows in Hell House?
(a) To save on window taxes.
(b) To keep intruders from breaking in.
(c) To save on energy.
(d) Belasco bricked them up.
5. How long was Lionel away from Edith in 1962?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Ten days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the group go to avoid what occurs during the argument between Lionel and Florence at dinner?
2. How many parapsychology experts are going to join the physicist?
3. Who/what does Ben say is intent on killing everyone in the group?
4. What does Lionel place in Florence's lap during his testing?
5. What does the group do first upon approaching Hell House?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what occurs when Florence holds a "sitting" after dinner the first night.
2. What does Barrett demand of Deutsch in order to complete the Hell House project?
3. Why does Deutsch ask Dr. Lionel Barrett to stay in Hell House?
4. What is on the list that Edith finds, and why does it disturb her so much?
5. How did Ben support himself after the first experience at Hell House? Why did he follow this particular path?
6. What is Lionel's attitude toward Florence's gift, and why does he feel that way?
7. Why is Florence unable to enter the chapel in Hell House?
8. Florence leaves the first sitting frustrated and a bit afraid. What happens to her when she gets out of the shower?
9. In what condition was Ben found after his first experience at Hell House?
10. How does Florence hear Belasco's voice, even though he has been dead for so long?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)