|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Florence's brother, David, die from?
(c) Spinal meningitis.
(d) Traffic accident.
2. What does Lionel give to Florence after she attacks Edith?
(a) Sleeping pills.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) The cat.
3. What does the group discover behind the wall in the wine cellar?
(a) The body of Emeric Belasco's first wife.
(b) The body of Daniel Belasco.
(c) The body of Emeric Belasco.
(d) An unknown body.
4. While Edith is lying awake, why does she think Lionel has fastened her wrist to the bed?
(a) Because he wants her to know she belongs to him.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) Because he doesn't trust her.
(d) Because he fears she will hurt herself.
5. What does Florence threaten to do to Edith when Edith is running away from her?
(a) Throw her off the roof.
(b) Break her neck.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Smash her skull.
6. What does Ben notice through an opening he made in the wine cellar wall?
(a) A gun.
(b) A rope.
(c) A book.
(d) A crystal.
7. What does Florence do in the chapel when she awakens after Lionel's phone call?
(a) Kills the cat.
(b) Calls for Daniel.
(c) Commits suicide.
(d) Destroys the Bible.
8. In what document does Florence find proof of Daniel's birth?
(a) A massive Bible.
(b) A birth certificate.
(c) A diary.
(d) A death certificate.
9. How is Lionel killed?
(b) Breaking his neck.
10. How is Daniel's soul described in Part Five?
11. What are the initials on the item that Florence finds on the body in the wine cellar?
12. What object does Florence use to focus her trance on Daniel?
(a) A tooth.
(b) A crystal.
(c) A piece of bone.
(d) A ring.
13. What does Lionel say the radiation of light negates?
(a) Ritualistic phenomena.
(b) Mediumistic phenomena.
(c) Spiritualistic phenomena.
(d) Photogenic phenomena.
14. While Lionel works on his machine, how long does Florence pray for Daniel's release?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Forty minutes.
15. What happens when Florence comes out of the trance after finding the body in the wine cellar?
(a) Florence can't move.
(b) She falls off the bed, breaking her ankle.
(c) Daniel is still there.
(d) The cat viciously attacks her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ben feel as he thinks about Hell House while driving away?
2. After Florence sets a glass of water on her nightstand in Part Five, what happens?
3. How does Edith react to the phenomenon she sees while lying awake?
4. What does Ben do with Florence's body after he discovers it?
5. During her trance, what happens when Florence refuses to do what Daniel asks of her?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)