|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Lionel killed?
(d) Breaking his neck.
2. What was Daniel Belasco's date of birth?
(a) November 4, 1903.
(b) May 22, 1922.
(c) January 1, 1887.
(d) November 9, 1900.
3. How much did Lionel's machine cost to build?
(a) Half a million dollars.
(b) More than a million dollars.
(c) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(d) More than seventy thousand dollars.
4. What does Ben do with Florence's body after he discovers it?
(a) Buries it.
(b) Defiles it.
(c) Prays over it.
(d) Takes it out of the house.
5. After Florence's attack, who does Lionel tell Edith he is going to call?
(b) A doctor.
(c) The chauffeur.
(d) An ambulance.
6. What does Florence threaten to do to Edith when Edith is running away from her?
(a) Throw her off the roof.
(b) Break her neck.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Smash her skull.
7. After Florence sets a glass of water on her nightstand in Part Five, what happens?
(a) The ancient phone begins to ring.
(b) A voice begins to speak in her ear.
(c) She gets vertigo and collapses.
(d) She begins weeping uncontrollably.
8. When Lionel makes his phone call, what surprising information does he receive about Deustch?
(a) He is penniless.
(b) He has disappeared.
(c) He doesn't really exist.
(d) He is dead.
9. What does Florence say she needs to let her body become as she tries to help Daniel?
(a) A temple.
(b) A conduit.
(c) A fortress.
(d) A blessing.
10. What happens when Edith runs out of the steam room after Lionel's rejection?
(a) The steam spigot breaks and steam fills the room.
(b) Lionel screams that he is burning.
(c) Lionel is locked in the steam room.
(d) The door falls off of the steam room.
11. What does William Deutsch instruct his father's representative to do with the Hell House researchers?
(a) Abandon them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Take them home.
(d) Rescue them.
12. What room does the group begin working on the morning after Florence's attack?
(a) The wine cellar.
(b) The steam room.
(c) The pool area.
(d) The chapel.
13. After Florence's attack, Lionel goes to sleep. What does Edith do?
(a) Goes to talk with Florence.
(b) Reads a book.
(c) Sneaks down to the wine cellar.
(d) Begins drinking brandy.
14. What does Lionel take when he returns to his room after Florence's attack?
(a) A drink.
15. What does Ben say has changed about the house after they run the Reversor?
(a) The vibration.
(b) The smell.
(c) The feel.
(d) The atmosphere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel tell Florence that the Reversor will do to him?
2. What does Barrett call the sound of Edith brushing her teeth and splashing the water as she washes her face?
3. What happens when Florence comes out of the trance after finding the body in the wine cellar?
4. What phrase does Florence repeat after she is discovered naked in her room?
5. What does Florence use to attack her housemates?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)