|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William Deutsch instruct his father's representative to do with the Hell House researchers?
(a) Abandon them.
(b) Take them home.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Rescue them.
2. Florence claims that she was attacked by whom/what at the beginning of Chapter 30?
(a) Emeric Belasco.
(b) The cat.
(d) Daniel Belasco.
3. How long does the Reversor take to finish its job?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Forty-five minutes.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Thirty-five minutes.
4. In Chapter 36, what does Ben tell Florence she should do after her latest attack?
(b) Lock her door.
(d) Fight back.
5. What is the Reversor expected to remove from Hell House?
(a) Spritual energy.
(b) Psychic energy.
(c) Somnombalistic tendencies.
(d) Physical energy.
6. In Florence's trance, when she sees Daniel approaching his father, what happens?
(a) Daniel turns into an evil spirit.
(b) Daniel's father eats him.
(c) Florence begins tumbling in a pit.
(d) Florence faints.
7. What does Lionel tell Hell House when he finds out the surprising news about Deustch in Part Six?
(a) It has won.
(b) It is dead.
(c) It will die.
(d) It won't win.
8. What does Florence insist that the group must do the morning after her attack in Chapter 30?
(a) Pray for the spirit of Daniel Belasco.
(b) Hold an exorcism.
(c) Search for the body of Daniel Belasco.
(d) Exhume the body of Daniel Belasco.
9. What does Florence dream of doing?
(a) Kissing Emeric.
(b) Dancing with Daniel.
(c) Marrying Daniel.
10. What does Lionel say will happen if they stay in the house after the Reversor is started?
(a) They will be incinerated.
(b) Their spirits will be separated from their bodies.
(c) They will be evaporated.
(d) The radiation will kill them.
11. What does the group do with the body that they find in the wine cellar?
(a) Hold a funeral.
(b) Call the police to take it away.
(c) Leave it where it is.
(d) Put it in the trunk of the car.
12. What did Florence's brother, David, die from?
(b) Spinal meningitis.
(d) Traffic accident.
13. What does Florence threaten to do to Edith when Edith is running away from her?
(a) Smash her skull.
(b) Throw her off the roof.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Break her neck.
14. After Florence's attack, Lionel goes to sleep. What does Edith do?
(a) Reads a book.
(b) Begins drinking brandy.
(c) Sneaks down to the wine cellar.
(d) Goes to talk with Florence.
15. Who does Daniel say is responsible for the attack on Lionel in the steam room?
(a) Emeric Belasco.
(b) The Giant.
(d) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Grace Lauter, who came to the house to free the spirits of what she thought were two sisters?
2. What does Florence pray for in Part Five?
3. What does Lionel call his machine?
4. While Edith is lying awake, why does she think Lionel has fastened her wrist to the bed?
5. What does Lionel say caused Edith's amorous attention toward Ben?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)