|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florence dream of doing?
(a) Marrying Daniel.
(c) Dancing with Daniel.
(d) Kissing Emeric.
2. What does Daniel tell Florence that the Reversor will do to him?
(a) Make him disappear forever.
(b) Leave him permanently stuck with his father.
(c) Banish him to an unknown area.
(d) Drive him from one hell to another.
3. What does the group do with the body that they find in the wine cellar?
(a) Leave it where it is.
(b) Hold a funeral.
(c) Put it in the trunk of the car.
(d) Call the police to take it away.
4. How is Lionel killed?
(b) Breaking his neck.
5. What does William Deutsch instruct his father's representative to do with the Hell House researchers?
(a) Rescue them.
(b) Take them home.
(c) Abandon them.
(d) Kill them.
6. Who sits with Florence after her horrible experience in her room leaves her catatonic?
7. What does Lionel take when he returns to his room after Florence's attack?
(c) A drink.
8. Where does Florence believe the proof of Daniel's existence will be?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the chapel.
(c) In the map room.
(d) In the master bedroom.
9. What does Lionel call his machine?
(a) The Revivor.
(b) The Spiritor.
(c) The Regulator.
(d) The Reversor.
10. Who does Florence say is waiting for Daniel after she removes her clothes?
(a) His lover.
(b) His loved ones.
(c) His father.
(d) His bride.
11. In what room is the Reversor located?
(a) The steam room.
(b) The wine cellar.
(c) The great hall.
(d) The chapel.
12. What happens when Florence comes out of the trance after finding the body in the wine cellar?
(a) The cat viciously attacks her.
(b) Florence can't move.
(c) She falls off the bed, breaking her ankle.
(d) Daniel is still there.
13. After Florence's attack, Lionel goes to sleep. What does Edith do?
(a) Goes to talk with Florence.
(b) Sneaks down to the wine cellar.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Begins drinking brandy.
14. What awakens the Barretts after Edith returns to bed?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) A scream.
(c) A popping sound.
(d) A loud bang.
15. What does Florence pray for in Part Five?
(a) Strength to resist Daniel's pleas.
(b) Peace for Edith.
(d) Help to enable Daniel to leave the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phenomenon does Edith see as she lies awake in Chapter 48?
2. How much did Lionel's machine cost to build?
3. How does Edith react to the phenomenon she sees while lying awake?
4. What does Ben say about Daniel to Florence while she is praying for Daniel's release?
5. When Lionel makes his phone call, what surprising information does he receive about Deustch?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)