|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Florence never marry?
(a) She didn't believe in marriage.
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) She liked playing the field.
(d) She never met a man she wanted to marry.
2. What does William vow to do if Deutsch convinces the group to accept his offer?
(a) Join the team.
(b) Make Deutsch's life miserable.
(c) Sell Hell House.
(d) Block their efforts and payment.
3. How long has Hell House sat empty?
(a) Three years.
(b) Thirteen years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Thirty years.
4. In what city do the caretakers live?
(a) Caribou Falls.
(d) Midnight Falls.
5. What is the name of the lone survivor of the last expedition into Hell House?
(a) Florence Tanner.
(b) Benjamin Fischer.
(c) Daniel Belasco.
(d) Lionel Barrett.
6. What is the name of the place where Florence Tanner works?
(a) Temple of Spiritual Harmony.
(b) Haven for the Empty Hearted.
(c) The Rock.
(d) Church of a Thousand Souls.
7. What type of feeling does Florence get from the steam room?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
8. As the car drives toward Hell House, in what is it enveloped?
(a) A blue mist.
(b) A dense forest.
(c) A green mist.
(d) A cloud of insects.
9. What does Edith do that causes Ben to slap her across the face?
(a) She tries to kiss him.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) She tries to gouge his eyes out.
(d) She starts screaming and pulling her own hair.
10. What does Lionel place in Florence's lap during his testing?
(a) A glass bowl.
(b) A bible.
(c) A cat.
(d) A crucifix.
11. Where does the group go to avoid what occurs during the argument between Lionel and Florence at dinner?
(a) Under the table.
(b) To their rooms.
(c) Into the cabinet.
(d) Into the cellar.
12. What does Edith notice on the table when Florence departs for her walk?
(a) A dark shadow.
(b) A strangely shaped instrument.
(c) A long list of observed phenomena.
(d) Edith's purse.
13. What is the physicist's name?
(a) Dr. Lionel Barrett.
(b) Dr. Florence Tanner.
(c) Dr. Edith Barrett.
(d) Dr. Benjamin Fischer.
14. What happens during the argument between Florence and Lionel?
(a) A thunderous voice yells, "Stop!"
(b) Lionel throws a fork at Ben.
(c) Dishes begin flying around the room.
(d) Edith tries to get between them and gets hurt.
15. What word does Florence use to describe the house, even before they have an opportunity to enter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for Hell House?
2. What does the figure under the sheets in Part Four do when Florence speaks to it?
3. What does Florence say the house reeks of?
4. As the group begins to explore the house, what makes Florence feel ill?
5. During Lionel's tests on Florence, what happens when the temperature drops?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)