|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: December 23, 1970: Chapters 42 - 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the first things Edith notices on her first approach to Hell House?
(a) The smell of the dark spaces and the dankness everywhere.
(b) The beauty of the architecture and the desperate landscaping.
(c) The oozing earth and ugly statuary.
(d) The cold and the smell.
2. What do Florence and Ben find after going down a set of stairs when they first start exploring the house together?
(a) An Olympic-sized swimming pool.
(b) A torture chamber.
(c) An oubliette.
(d) A makeshift laboratory.
3. What color are the draperies in the ballroom?
4. What causes the cat to rush out of Florence's room?
(a) The sheets rising off the bed.
(b) The ringing of a bell.
(c) A sharp rap at the door.
(d) Nothing obvious.
5. In which state is Hell House located?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the lone survivor of the last expedition into Hell House?
2. What does Lionel place in Florence's lap during his testing?
3. What color is Florence's hair?
4. Why does Lionel insist Edith do a full body search on Florence?
5. What are the initials on the item that Florence finds on the body in the wine cellar?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)