|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: December 23, 1970: Chapters 42 - 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Florence get angry with Lionel at the dinner table?
(a) He tells her that she should leave the house.
(b) He calls her a liar.
(c) He is condescending toward her.
(d) He won't speak to her.
2. As the group begins to explore the house, what makes Florence feel ill?
(a) The rats.
(b) The artwork.
(c) The smell.
(d) The atmosphere.
3. What are the first things Edith notices on her first approach to Hell House?
(a) The cold and the smell.
(b) The smell of the dark spaces and the dankness everywhere.
(c) The beauty of the architecture and the desperate landscaping.
(d) The oozing earth and ugly statuary.
4. What does Lionel place in Florence's lap during his testing?
(a) A glass bowl.
(b) A bible.
(c) A cat.
(d) A crucifix.
5. What happens when Florence comes out of the trance after finding the body in the wine cellar?
(a) Daniel is still there.
(b) Florence can't move.
(c) She falls off the bed, breaking her ankle.
(d) The cat viciously attacks her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 36, what does Ben tell Florence she should do after her latest attack?
2. What does the group do first upon approaching Hell House?
3. During Lionel's tests on Florence, what happens when the temperature drops?
4. What does Barrett make his wife promise?
5. Lionel says that the smock and tights that he asks Florence to change into are a precaution against what?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)