|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: December 23, 1970: Chapters 42 - 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the group discover behind the wall in the wine cellar?
(a) The body of Emeric Belasco.
(b) An unknown body.
(c) The body of Emeric Belasco's first wife.
(d) The body of Daniel Belasco.
2. What does Florence tell the ghost when it tries to yank the blanket out of her hand?
(a) That it needs to show itself.
(b) That she wants to talk.
(c) That the ghost needs to reveal its name.
(d) That she's had enough.
3. What does Lionel call the appearance during Florence's trance?
(a) A trick of light.
(b) Mass hysteria.
(c) Externatlization of thought.
4. What type of feeling does Florence get from the steam room?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
5. What does Ben tell Edith to do to keep her from wandering away from her husband?
(a) Lock herself in her room.
(b) Tie her wrist to the bed.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) Take a sleeping pill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the group's spiritualist?
2. What are the first things Edith notices on her first approach to Hell House?
3. Florence claims that she was attacked by whom/what at the beginning of Chapter 30?
4. What is the name of the lone survivor of the last expedition into Hell House?
5. What happens when Ben tries to tell Lionel that Edith is being affected by the house and should leave?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)