|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: December 22, 1970: Chapters 23 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Florence tells the figure under the sheets that she isn't interested in jokes?
(a) Thudding footsteps echo throughout the room.
(b) The lamp is thrown to the floor.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) The door is slammed open.
2. What does Ben find written on a piece of cardboard in the kitchen?
(a) A quickly scrawled admonition to get out of the house.
(b) An ancient menu.
(c) An unsigned suicide note.
(d) An "X" with a circle around it.
3. What does Lionel have the carpenter construct?
(a) An escape hatch.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A small cabinet.
(d) A box for Edith's things.
4. What do the drivers do as the cars approach Hell House?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Begin to pray loudly.
(c) Switch cars because one is more difficult to maneuver on the hill.
(d) Get out and tell the group that they will have to continue on their own.
5. What happened to thirteen women who stayed at Hell House?
(a) They disappeared without a trace.
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) They died.
(d) They became pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lionel put on the table in front of Florence?
2. What does Florence tell the ghost when it tries to yank the blanket out of her hand?
3. What are Barrett's stipulations for doing Deutsch's bidding?
4. Where does the group go to avoid what occurs during the argument between Lionel and Florence at dinner?
5. What is the name of the body of water near Hell House?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)