|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: December 20, 1970: Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the interesting part of Hell House's reputation?
(a) It is the most haunted place in the world.
(b) More people died in Hell House than in the 1900 San Francisco earthquake.
(c) It was a house of ill repute.
(d) There are unknown numbers of bodies buried in Bastard Bog.
2. What is Deutsch's full name?
(a) Rolf Rudolph Deutsch.
(b) Ralph Rudolph Deutsch.
(c) Ralph Randolph Deutsch.
(d) Rolf Randolph Deutsch.
3. What runs beneath the concrete bridge?
(a) A trickling stream.
(b) Nothing. The bridge is a decorative object over a decorative pond.
(c) A tarn.
(d) A mostly dry riverbed.
4. What is the physicist's name?
(a) Dr. Lionel Barrett.
(b) Dr. Benjamin Fischer.
(c) Dr. Edith Barrett.
(d) Dr. Florence Tanner.
5. What do the drivers do as the cars approach Hell House?
(a) Get out and tell the group that they will have to continue on their own.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Switch cars because one is more difficult to maneuver on the hill.
(d) Begin to pray loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the car drives toward Hell House, in what is it enveloped?
2. How much money does Deutsch offer to Barrett for his experiment at Hell House?
3. How is the fog described when the group first approaches the house?
4. What is the name of the place where Florence Tanner works?
5. What is the name of Deutsch's son?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)