|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: December 23, 1970: Chapters 36 - 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What runs beneath the concrete bridge?
(a) A mostly dry riverbed.
(b) A trickling stream.
(c) Nothing. The bridge is a decorative object over a decorative pond.
(d) A tarn.
2. What kind of car is taking the group to the house?
3. From where does the group hear Belasco's voice?
(a) A video tape.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A wind up phonograph.
(d) The cellar.
4. What are the first things Edith notices on her first approach to Hell House?
(a) The cold and the smell.
(b) The smell of the dark spaces and the dankness everywhere.
(c) The beauty of the architecture and the desperate landscaping.
(d) The oozing earth and ugly statuary.
5. What does Edith notice on the table when Florence departs for her walk?
(a) A strangely shaped instrument.
(b) A dark shadow.
(c) A long list of observed phenomena.
(d) Edith's purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are there no windows in Hell House?
2. What does Lionel put on the table in front of Florence?
3. What do the drivers do as the cars approach Hell House?
4. What does Barrett make his wife promise?
5. What causes the cat to rush out of Florence's room?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)