|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: December 23, 1970: Chapters 36 - 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears after the bell on the table rings?
(a) A small, indefinable ball of light.
(b) A screaming, writhing apparition.
(c) The face of a devil.
(d) A figure reaching for Edith.
2. Why does Lionel insist Edith do a full body search on Florence?
(a) To make sure Florence hasn't secreted anything to use as a trick.
(b) To make sure Florence has no devil's marks on her.
(c) To try to make Florence uncomfortable.
(d) Because Lionel is not able to do it himself.
3. What object does Florence use to focus her trance on Daniel?
(a) A ring.
(b) A crystal.
(c) A tooth.
(d) A piece of bone.
4. From where does the group hear Belasco's voice?
(a) A video tape.
(b) The cellar.
(c) A cell phone.
(d) A wind up phonograph.
5. What are the first things Edith notices on her first approach to Hell House?
(a) The beauty of the architecture and the desperate landscaping.
(b) The smell of the dark spaces and the dankness everywhere.
(c) The cold and the smell.
(d) The oozing earth and ugly statuary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben tell Edith to do to keep her from wandering away from her husband?
2. What causes the cat to rush out of Florence's room?
3. What does Lionel put on the table in front of Florence?
4. How old was Fischer when he became familiar with Hell House?
5. What does the group do first upon approaching Hell House?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)