Part One: December 18, 1970: Chapters 1 - 3
• In Maine, there is a house that belongs to the Belasco family. It has been dubbed "Hell House" and is purported to have a life of its own.
• Hell House has been empty and boarded up for thirty years.
• Rolf Rudolph Deutsch has selected several experts in the realm of paranormal research to study the house for one week.
• In return for unlimited funds, Deutsch wants the answer to the question, "Is there life after death?" since he is close to death himself.
• Lionel Barrett, a renowned physicist, has been hired to head the party. With him will be a spiritualist and a medium.
• Barrett's stipulations are that his machine be built, he has access to a daily swim and steam bath, and that electricity and telephone service be installed.
• Deutsch agrees, but his son, William, vows to block their efforts.
• Lionel's wife...
This section contains 3,137 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)