|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pallaeon's rank?
2. As Han and Leia are arriving on Nkllon, who else arrives?
3. Luke goes to look around the Tower of what, where the planetary council is housed?
4. What is the guardian's first name?
5. Han wants to hire his old friend to do what sort of job?
(a) transport cargo
(b) mine an asteroid
(c) spy on the enemy
(d) rescue Leia
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Karrde's first name?
2. Karrde is finally allowed to send two men out to help get what sort of creatures?
3. On the Chimaera, C'baoth proclaims that they obtained how many of the mole miners they were seeking?
4. C'baoth insists they take him where, in order to await Skywalker's arrival?
5. After they avert the threat, Thrawn orders Pallaeon to set a course for where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the general theme of the book, which is set up in Chapter 1, and how is that evidenced by the first chapter?
2. Describe the role that Threepio plays in Chapter 14.
3. According to evidence in Chapter 2, what is Leia's personality like?
4. Once everyone is back aboard the Falcon, in Chapter 7, Han and Leia disagree over what to do next. Leia wants to go straight back to the planet's surface for negotiations, while Han makes the jump to hyperspace and says that they are all returning to Coruscant. Which point of view do you agree with and why?
5. Based on Chapter 1, which do you think is likely to win, the clearly established, yet nearly extinct, Empire, or the supposedly good, but new and not fully organized New Republic, and why?
6. What was Pallaeon's role in the battle with the Rebellion and how might this influence his decisions about the New Republic and the Imperials as the book progresses, based on Chapter 1?
7. Describe Mara's feelings toward Luke Skywalker, as shown in Chapter 3.
8. What is a ysalamiri and what does it do?
9. Describe Mara's reaction to Karrde's mention of Darth Vader, in Chapter 3.
10. Describe how Thrawn uses Joruus' powers, in Chapter 9 and what the results are.
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)