|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Han makes a plan to have Leia create a diversion by grabbing what from a local vendor?
2. Who is Mon Mothma?
(a) a government leader
(b) Leia's secretarial aide
(c) a smuggler
(d) an Imperial spy
3. Han is away on what sort of mission, in chapter 2?
(a) a contact mission
(b) a recon mission
(c) a top secret mission
(d) a rescue mission
4. In Chapter 4, Thrawn's team lands where?
5. C'baoth insists they take him where, in order to await Skywalker's arrival?
Short Answer Questions
1. Grand Admiral Thrawn, on board what ship, prepares for a three-pronged attack on the New Republic?
2. Who does Karrde want to groom as his second in command?
3. Han and Leia wonder why the Empire chose Bpfassh, when what is not too far away and might have made a better target?
4. Thrawn's ultimate goal, as he tells Pallaeon, is to destroy what?
5. As the party approaches the surface of Nkllon, what do they see on the surface?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thrawn want to manipulate Joruus' focus, in Chapter 13?
2. What foreshadowing event does Luke experience on Dagobah and how might it affect the story later on?
3. How does Joruus' message to Luke, in Chapter 13, affect Luke and what things should Luke realize, based on the message, that he does not?
4. Once everyone is back aboard the Falcon, in Chapter 7, Han and Leia disagree over what to do next. Leia wants to go straight back to the planet's surface for negotiations, while Han makes the jump to hyperspace and says that they are all returning to Coruscant. Which point of view do you agree with and why?
5. Describe Lando's reaction when Han, Leia and Luke show up to visit him at Nkllon. What does it say to you about Lando's personality?
6. Explain the major disagreement between Han and Fey'lya, in Chapter 5. Who do you think is correct?
7. What was Pallaeon's role in the battle with the Rebellion and how might this influence his decisions about the New Republic and the Imperials as the book progresses, based on Chapter 1?
8. In Chapter 2, Luke has a dream in which his former Jedi master, Obi-wan Kenobi, visits him. What is the purpose of Obi-wan's visit and how does it affect Luke?
9. Suspicion is a major theme of Chapter 3. What are people in Chapter 3 suspicious of?
10. Describe the New Republic Council's reaction to Han and Leia's hasty retreat from Bimmisaari.
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)