|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thrawn discusses plans with Pallaeon to obtain what, for an attack on some shipyards?
(a) Star Destroyers
(b) mole miners
2. Han is away on what sort of mission, in chapter 2?
(a) a recon mission
(b) a top secret mission
(c) a rescue mission
(d) a contact mission
3. As Han and Leia are arriving on Nkllon, who else arrives?
4. As Luke joins in the battle with Han on the Falcon, he hears someone call to him saying what?
(a) The Jedi will fall.
(b) The Jedi will come together in battle.
(c) The Jedi will die.
(d) The Jedi will rise.
5. Pallaeon is suspicious of whom and is reluctant to accept their help?
Short Answer Questions
1. Thrawn's ultimate goal, as he tells Pallaeon, is to destroy what?
2. Only when Leia calls out to Luke does Luke realize that he has been on his own, far from Nkllon, for how long?
3. Luke tells them that he found a canister on Dagobah and that it probably belongs to the Dark Jedi that fled to Dagobah from where?
4. Mara is in what state of mind, whenever Vader or the Death Star is mentioned?
5. Mon Mothma asks Leia if Luke has heard about the planned trip to where?
Short Essay Questions
1. In your opinion, should Luke's Loyalty lie with Leia and the New Republic or with the Jedi, based on information learned from Chapters 1 and 2?
2. Describe Mara's feelings toward Luke Skywalker, as shown in Chapter 3.
3. What was Pallaeon's role in the battle with the Rebellion and how might this influence his decisions about the New Republic and the Imperials as the book progresses, based on Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 6, Chewbacca stays on the Falcon, while Han, Leia and Luke go to meet with the Bimms. Do you think the mission could have been completed without Chewbacca? Why or why not?
5. Describe the role that Threepio plays in Chapter 14.
6. What are the unusual occurrences, when Leia and Han go to meet with the Bimms?
7. How is Luke conflicted about his loyalties, again, in Chapter 14 and does he make the right choice about what to do?
8. Describe how Thrawn uses Joruus' powers, in Chapter 9 and what the results are.
9. In Chapter 2, Luke has a dream in which his former Jedi master, Obi-wan Kenobi, visits him. What is the purpose of Obi-wan's visit and how does it affect Luke?
10. Explain the major disagreement between Han and Fey'lya, in Chapter 5. Who do you think is correct?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)