|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grand Admiral Thrawn, on board what ship, prepares for a three-pronged attack on the New Republic?
(c) Wilde Karrde
(d) Lady Luck
2. Han is away on what sort of mission, in chapter 2?
(a) a contact mission
(b) a recon mission
(c) a rescue mission
(d) a top secret mission
3. Joruus C'baoth controls the attacks on the other two locations, using what, to keep the attacks coordinated and to allow only minimal losses?
(a) a fleet of star destroyers
(b) Jedi powers
(c) a force field
(d) battle droids
4. Scout ships send word of a raid on what system in Chapter 1?
5. Han gets down to business with Lando, explaining that they need to create a ruse to do what?
(a) protect Leia
(b) rescue Luke
(c) get a message to Ackbar
(d) hide from Fey'lya
Short Answer Questions
1. Han and Leia discover that they are surrounded by unusual looking gray creatures, wielding what sort of sticks?
2. Luke tells them that he found a canister on Dagobah and that it probably belongs to the Dark Jedi that fled to Dagobah from where?
3. Han wants to hire his old friend to do what sort of job?
4. What affects a Jedi's power, rendering a Jedi powerless?
5. What is the name of the Grand Admiral?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the last surviving high Imperial official, what are some of the good and bad things that Thrawn might have to deal with, based on information in Chapter 1?
2. Suspicion is a major theme of Chapter 3. What are people in Chapter 3 suspicious of?
3. Describe the role that Threepio plays in Chapter 14.
4. In Chapter 26, Mara and Luke's history finally comes to light. How does Mara know Luke and why does she claim to hate him?
5. Based on Chapter 1, which do you think is likely to win, the clearly established, yet nearly extinct, Empire, or the supposedly good, but new and not fully organized New Republic, and why?
6. Once everyone is back aboard the Falcon, in Chapter 7, Han and Leia disagree over what to do next. Leia wants to go straight back to the planet's surface for negotiations, while Han makes the jump to hyperspace and says that they are all returning to Coruscant. Which point of view do you agree with and why?
7. What is a ysalamiri and what does it do?
8. How are Thrawn and Joruus' plans similar and different?
9. Based on what is known from Chapter 20 and earlier chapters, is Borsk Fey'lya a threat to the New Republic?
10. In Chapter 6, Chewbacca stays on the Falcon, while Han, Leia and Luke go to meet with the Bimms. Do you think the mission could have been completed without Chewbacca? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)