|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Luke declines to escort Leia because he wants to follow up on a message from whom?
(b) another Jedi
(c) a council member
2. When Pallaeon enters Thrawn's private quarters, he sees an elaborate art gallery that turns out to be what?
(a) worth a lot of money
(b) a hologram
(c) all stolen art
(d) cheap, useless artwork
3. What is the name of the Grand Admiral?
4. Karrde is finally allowed to send two men out to help get what sort of creatures?
5. Han makes a plan to have Leia create a diversion by grabbing what from a local vendor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Luke decides to prepare his X-wing for a trip to where, after Han and Leia leave him?
2. When Karrde hails what ship, he offers to help them?
3. What affects a Jedi's power, rendering a Jedi powerless?
4. After the meeting, Leia and who are stopped by Mon Mothma?
5. Joruus C'baoth controls the attacks on the other two locations, using what, to keep the attacks coordinated and to allow only minimal losses?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, it is learned that the New Republic has set up its government on Coruscant, the planet that was the former home of the Empire. What sort of problems might that cause for the New Republic?
2. Explain the major disagreement between Han and Fey'lya, in Chapter 5. Who do you think is correct?
3. What is the general theme of the book, which is set up in Chapter 1, and how is that evidenced by the first chapter?
4. Describe Mara's feelings toward Luke Skywalker, as shown in Chapter 3.
5. Based on what you know from Chapters 1 through 8, what are Thrawn's major personality traits?
6. Describe the New Republic Council's reaction to Han and Leia's hasty retreat from Bimmisaari.
7. Describe Lando's reaction when Han, Leia and Luke show up to visit him at Nkllon. What does it say to you about Lando's personality?
8. Describe Mara's reaction to Karrde's mention of Darth Vader, in Chapter 3.
9. Based on Chapter 1, which do you think is likely to win, the clearly established, yet nearly extinct, Empire, or the supposedly good, but new and not fully organized New Republic, and why?
10. Describe Luke, Han, Chewbacca and Leia's escape from Bimmisaari.
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)