|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the meeting, Leia and who are stopped by Mon Mothma?
2. What is Pallaeon's ship called?
3. What is the name of the Grand Admiral?
4. Han wants to hire his old friend to do what sort of job?
(a) mine an asteroid
(b) transport cargo
(c) spy on the enemy
(d) rescue Leia
5. On the Chimaera, C'baoth proclaims that they obtained how many of the mole miners they were seeking?
Short Answer Questions
1. Leia seeks permission for a leave of absence for what reason, but is denied?
2. Luke declines to escort Leia because he wants to follow up on a message from whom?
3. As Luke joins in the battle with Han on the Falcon, he hears someone call to him saying what?
4. What gives Jedis their power?
5. Karrde is finally allowed to send two men out to help get what sort of creatures?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mara's feelings toward Luke Skywalker, as shown in Chapter 3.
2. In your opinion, should Luke's Loyalty lie with Leia and the New Republic or with the Jedi, based on information learned from Chapters 1 and 2?
3. Describe Mara's reaction to Karrde's mention of Darth Vader, in Chapter 3.
4. What is the general theme of the book, which is set up in Chapter 1, and how is that evidenced by the first chapter?
5. What is a ysalamiri and what does it do?
6. Explain the major disagreement between Han and Fey'lya, in Chapter 5. Who do you think is correct?
7. Why does Karrde hesitate on taking Han and Lando up on their deal, in Chapter 22, and is it a good move on Karrde's part?
8. Describe the New Republic Council's reaction to Han and Leia's hasty retreat from Bimmisaari.
9. How do Paellaeon's observations of and opinions of Thrawn, in Chapters 15 and 16, seem to affect his over all opinion of Thrawn and do you agree with it?
10. Based on what is known from Chapter 20 and earlier chapters, is Borsk Fey'lya a threat to the New Republic?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)