|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thrawn's ultimate goal, as he tells Pallaeon, is to destroy what?
(b) the Rebellion
(c) The Empire
(d) the Jedi
2. C'baoth insists they take him where, in order to await Skywalker's arrival?
3. What is the name of the friend that Hana nd Chewbacca are waiting to meet with, in chapter 2?
4. Leia feels that the attack on Nkllon may have been an attempt to do what, but Lando disagrees?
(a) capture Luke
(b) kill Luke
(c) capture Leia
(d) kill Leia
5. What is the name of the evil organization mentioned in Chapter 1 that was defeated five years earlier?
(a) The Empire
(b) The Jedi
(c) The Republic
(d) The Rebellion
Short Answer Questions
1. Leia seeks permission for a leave of absence for what reason, but is denied?
2. Mon Mothma asks Leia if Luke has heard about the planned trip to where?
3. Thrawn discusses plans with Pallaeon to obtain what, for an attack on some shipyards?
4. Only when Thrawn promises to deliver Leia and __________ does Joruus reconsider the offer?
5. Grand Admiral Thrawn, on board what ship, prepares for a three-pronged attack on the New Republic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Luke, Han, Chewbacca and Leia's escape from Bimmisaari.
2. In Chapter 2, Luke has a dream in which his former Jedi master, Obi-wan Kenobi, visits him. What is the purpose of Obi-wan's visit and how does it affect Luke?
3. Once everyone is back aboard the Falcon, in Chapter 7, Han and Leia disagree over what to do next. Leia wants to go straight back to the planet's surface for negotiations, while Han makes the jump to hyperspace and says that they are all returning to Coruscant. Which point of view do you agree with and why?
4. Describe the New Republic Council's reaction to Han and Leia's hasty retreat from Bimmisaari.
5. Describe the role that Threepio plays in Chapter 14.
6. How is Luke conflicted about his loyalties, again, in Chapter 14 and does he make the right choice about what to do?
7. Based on everything you've read about Han through Chapter 10, how does he react to situations and do the other people in the book respect his opinions?
8. According to evidence in Chapter 2, what is Leia's personality like?
9. How does Joruus' message to Luke, in Chapter 13, affect Luke and what things should Luke realize, based on the message, that he does not?
10. What are the unusual occurrences, when Leia and Han go to meet with the Bimms?
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)