|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke find in the cave on Dagobah?
(a) a dead body
(b) a broken droid
(c) a treasure chest
(d) a metal cylinder
2. Mara is in what state of mind, whenever Vader or the Death Star is mentioned?
3. Luke decides to go see Lando where?
(a) the Alderaan System
(b) the Outer Rim
(c) the Athega system
4. Why does Han tell Luke that Luke cannot join them on their trip to Bpfassh?
(a) The Bpfasshi do not like Jedi.
(b) The Bpfasshi do not like unscheduled visitors
(c) The Bpfasshi do not like most men, but Han has met them before and been accepted. Luke has not.
(d) The Bpfasshi do not like Luke, specifically.
5. Scout ships send word of a raid on what system in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mara mentions Luke Skywalker, Karrde notices what in her voice?
2. Who tells Thrawn that they sent a message to Luke?
3. Thrawn and Pallaeon want to focus C'baoth's attention on whom, rather than Luke?
4. In chapter 2, Luke has a dream about whom?
5. Mon Mothma insists that the trip is necessary why?
Short Essay Questions
1. Suspicion is a major theme of Chapter 3. What are people in Chapter 3 suspicious of?
2. What was Pallaeon's role in the battle with the Rebellion and how might this influence his decisions about the New Republic and the Imperials as the book progresses, based on Chapter 1?
3. Once everyone is back aboard the Falcon, in Chapter 7, Han and Leia disagree over what to do next. Leia wants to go straight back to the planet's surface for negotiations, while Han makes the jump to hyperspace and says that they are all returning to Coruscant. Which point of view do you agree with and why?
4. In Chapter 2, it is learned that the New Republic has set up its government on Coruscant, the planet that was the former home of the Empire. What sort of problems might that cause for the New Republic?
5. What is the general theme of the book, which is set up in Chapter 1, and how is that evidenced by the first chapter?
6. As the last surviving high Imperial official, what are some of the good and bad things that Thrawn might have to deal with, based on information in Chapter 1?
7. Based on Chapter 1, which do you think is likely to win, the clearly established, yet nearly extinct, Empire, or the supposedly good, but new and not fully organized New Republic, and why?
8. How does Thrawn want to manipulate Joruus' focus, in Chapter 13?
9. In Chapter 2, Luke has a dream in which his former Jedi master, Obi-wan Kenobi, visits him. What is the purpose of Obi-wan's visit and how does it affect Luke?
10. How is Han and Leia's relationship affected by their roles in creating the new government?
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)