|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the organization that Heidi directs in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is Lisa's sister's occupation?
3. How does Scoop portray himself on the news program in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What kind of talk was the audience expecting from Heidi in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What happens with Heidi's romantic relationship in Europe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has been going on in Scoop and Lisa's lives since their wedding?
2. Prior to the alumni association luncheon in Act 2, Scene 4, what has been the purpose of Heidi's adult life?
3. What is Peter's emotional state when Heidi comes to tell him good-bye in the AIDS ward during Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What decision does Heidi make in Scene 5, Act 2, regarding her future and why?
5. What does Heidi do to cheer Peter up at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
6. What is Heidi's view of her role in feminism?
7. What is Heidi's reaction to the "Hello New York" show while taping during Act 2, Scene 2? What does Heidi do?
8. What views of feminism does Heidi end up sharing in her speech?
9. What is Heidi's preference for an artist to do?
10. Susan and Denise have something in mind for a television show. What do they want to do and how do they want Heidi to become involved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Detail Heidi's journey into feminism. When did it start? How did her point of view change ( or did it) throughout the years? What was her overriding ideal that she keeps striving for? Is she successful in achieving her goal?
Essay Topic 2
Scoop and Heidi were involved off and on for a number of years, yet Heidi attends Scoop and Lisa's wedding. What were the undercurrent of emotions going on throughout the day? Pick two characters, in addition to Scoop and Heidi, and discuss their emotional state and the reason(s) behind their feelings. Were they open/hidden regarding their emotions? What did this wedding represent on different levels for some of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
What initially attracts Peter and Heidi to each other and why do they carry on their life-long friendship?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)