|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Heidi meeting for lunch in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. Where is Heidi going in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. Who are the other two guests who join Heidi on the show in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What are Susan's feelings regarding the women's movement in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does Heidi like from the same artist that she criticizes in the Prologue to Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Heidi's reaction to the "Hello New York" show while taping during Act 2, Scene 2? What does Heidi do?
2. Susan and Denise have something in mind for a television show. What do they want to do and how do they want Heidi to become involved?
3. What is currently going on with Scoop, Peter and Heidi during Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What happens when Lisa goes to take Scoop's phone call during her baby shower?
5. What is happening during Heidi and Susan's lunch in 1984?
6. Heidi, Scoop and Peter are invited to Susan's morning news show two years later. What is the topic of discussion?
7. What is Peter's emotional state when Heidi comes to tell him good-bye in the AIDS ward during Act 2, Scene 5?
8. In terms of relationships, what are differences between Lisa and Heidi?
9. What happens during the show, "Hello New York" during Act 2, Scene 2?
10. What decision does Heidi make in Scene 5, Act 2, regarding her future and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Heidi goes on living her life, keeping in touch with her friends. When she goes to Chicago to protest, she doesn't set up a time to visit with Peter. Why is Peter insulted that Heidi doesn't look him up while she's in Chicago? Does Heidi feel the same way about him as he does about her? How does Peter exhibit stereotypical male behavior in Chicago toward Heidi? If so, what behaviors? Is this a surprise? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Was there ever a chance that Scoop and Heidi would become a couple? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship/feminist differences between Susan and Heidi, beginning with the high school dance in 1965.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)