|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hotel is Heidi speaking at in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. Where is Heidi speaking at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
3. What is the emotional status of Heidi's friend in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What is the topic of the new show that Susan and Denise are developing in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. How does Heidi hope to escape loneliness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Heidi's reaction to the "Hello New York" show while taping during Act 2, Scene 2? What does Heidi do?
2. What happens when Lisa goes to take Scoop's phone call during her baby shower?
3. Heidi, Scoop and Peter are invited to Susan's morning news show two years later. What is the topic of discussion?
4. What has happened to Susan's feminist point of view?
5. Why does Heidi's explanation of why she is leaving hurt Peter?
6. What does Heidi do to cheer Peter up at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
7. What is Heidi's preference for an artist to do?
8. What is Heidi's topic of her speech in 1986 to her high school alumni association?
9. How are the two paintings that Heidi is discussing with her art history class in the Prologue to Act 2 similar?
10. What is Heidi so critical of in the painting she is discussing in the Prologue to Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Was there ever a chance that Scoop and Heidi would become a couple? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Detail Heidi's journey into feminism. When did it start? How did her point of view change ( or did it) throughout the years? What was her overriding ideal that she keeps striving for? Is she successful in achieving her goal?
Essay Topic 3
Scoop and Heidi were involved off and on for a number of years, yet Heidi attends Scoop and Lisa's wedding. What were the undercurrent of emotions going on throughout the day? Pick two characters, in addition to Scoop and Heidi, and discuss their emotional state and the reason(s) behind their feelings. Were they open/hidden regarding their emotions? What did this wedding represent on different levels for some of the characters?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)