|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the agenda of this lunch between Heidi and her friend in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What year does Act 2, Scene 4 take place in?
3. Who are the other two guests who join Heidi on the show in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who is Susan's new assistant in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What class is Heidi teaching in the Prologue to Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What views of feminism does Heidi end up sharing in her speech?
2. What is Heidi's reaction to the show / topic?
3. What has happened in Heidi's life while she's been in Europe?
4. What happens during the show, "Hello New York" during Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What happens when Lisa goes to take Scoop's phone call during her baby shower?
6. What has happened to Susan's feminist point of view?
7. What is happening during Heidi and Susan's lunch in 1984?
8. What is Heidi's reaction to the "Hello New York" show while taping during Act 2, Scene 2? What does Heidi do?
9. What has been going on in Scoop and Lisa's lives since their wedding?
10. What is Heidi's preference for an artist to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Heidi goes on living her life, keeping in touch with her friends. When she goes to Chicago to protest, she doesn't set up a time to visit with Peter. Why is Peter insulted that Heidi doesn't look him up while she's in Chicago? Does Heidi feel the same way about him as he does about her? How does Peter exhibit stereotypical male behavior in Chicago toward Heidi? If so, what behaviors? Is this a surprise? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
During the women's discussion group that Heidi attends with Susan, describe two of the characters and what they hope to achieve by attending the discussion group. Why do you think they are mentioned in the play? What do their characters suggest about the women's movement? Do you think each will continue with their points of view, based upon what you know from the play, or give it all up?
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of music throughout the play? Is it music itself that is important or the particular song that is playing?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)