|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scoop try to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What will Heidi be doing after she moves?
3. What are Heidi's feelings toward other women in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. How is Heidi feeling toward both men at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What year does Act 2, Scene 4 take place in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Heidi's reaction to the "Hello New York" show while taping during Act 2, Scene 2? What does Heidi do?
2. What views of feminism does Heidi end up sharing in her speech?
3. What is happening during Heidi and Susan's lunch in 1984?
4. What is Heidi missing from other women?
5. What has happened to Susan's feminist point of view?
6. Susan and Denise have something in mind for a television show. What do they want to do and how do they want Heidi to become involved?
7. What has happened in Heidi's life while she's been in Europe?
8. What is Peter's emotional state when Heidi comes to tell him good-bye in the AIDS ward during Act 2, Scene 5?
9. What is Heidi so critical of in the painting she is discussing in the Prologue to Act 2?
10. How are the two paintings that Heidi is discussing with her art history class in the Prologue to Act 2 similar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the play, Scoop claims to be inspired by Heidi. Why does he feel inspired? Do you think his feeling of inspiration is genuine or will he revert back to his old habits?
Essay Topic 2
Who does Heidi attribute Scoop's arrogance to? Why? Why would she single out a specific sex as encouraging this arrogance/confidence?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Scoop is unable to make a serious commitment to anything, until the end of the play?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)