|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heidi hope to escape loneliness?
2. What is Heidi doing in the prologue to Act 2?
3. Who is Susan's new assistant in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What does Heidi do to comfort her friend during Act 2, Scene 5?
5. What is Heidi's primary reason for leaving New York in Act 2, Scene 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Scoop is unable to make a serious commitment to anything, until the end of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Was there ever a chance that Scoop and Heidi would become a couple? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Heidi decides to stay in New York after visiting Peter in the AIDS ward. Heidi has many relationships throughout the play in terms of both male and female friends. What are the "not so obvious" aspects of her relationship with Peter that would cause Heidi to leave a fiance in Europe, but stay in New York after Peter breaks down? What were Peter's reasons for wanting her to stay? Do you feel it was selfish of him to stand in her way? Do you think Heidi was being selfish as well?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)