|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Heidi be doing after she moves?
2. What does Heidi like from the same artist that she criticizes in the Prologue to Act 2?
3. What year does Act 2, Scene 1 open in ?
4. What symbolizes Heidi's discontent with the direction of feminism in the Prologue to Act 2?
5. What does this Prologue to Act 2 foreshadow?
Essay Topic 1
Heidi decides to stay in New York after visiting Peter in the AIDS ward. Heidi has many relationships throughout the play in terms of both male and female friends. What are the "not so obvious" aspects of her relationship with Peter that would cause Heidi to leave a fiance in Europe, but stay in New York after Peter breaks down? What were Peter's reasons for wanting her to stay? Do you feel it was selfish of him to stand in her way? Do you think Heidi was being selfish as well?
Essay Topic 2
By the end of the play, what does Heidi do to bring a wholeness to her life?
Essay Topic 3
When the play opens, Heidi is discovering the roles of men and women in the mid-60's. How does the experience at the high school dance shape Heidi's point of view throughout the play?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)