|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of talk was the audience expecting from Heidi in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What year does Act 2, Scene 4 take place in?
3. Where is Heidi speaking at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What has Heidi done professionally since Lisa and Scoop's wedding?
5. Where is Heidi in Act 2, Scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Susan and Denise have something in mind for a television show. What do they want to do and how do they want Heidi to become involved?
2. Why does Heidi's explanation of why she is leaving hurt Peter?
3. In terms of relationships, what are differences between Lisa and Heidi?
4. Prior to the alumni association luncheon in Act 2, Scene 4, what has been the purpose of Heidi's adult life?
5. What is Heidi's preference for an artist to do?
6. What happens during the show, "Hello New York" during Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What is Heidi missing from other women?
8. What has happened in Heidi's life while she's been in Europe?
9. What is Heidi's reaction to the show / topic?
10. What is Heidi's topic of her speech in 1986 to her high school alumni association?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Detail Heidi's journey into feminism. When did it start? How did her point of view change ( or did it) throughout the years? What was her overriding ideal that she keeps striving for? Is she successful in achieving her goal?
Essay Topic 2
Who does Heidi attribute Scoop's arrogance to? Why? Why would she single out a specific sex as encouraging this arrogance/confidence?
Essay Topic 3
When the play opens, Heidi is discovering the roles of men and women in the mid-60's. How does the experience at the high school dance shape Heidi's point of view throughout the play?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)