|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heidi say about feminism during this presentation?
2. What else is Heidi discontented with in the Prologue to Act 2?
3. What disease is discussed in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. Where has Heidi been since Lisa and Scoop's wedding?
5. Who does Heidi come to tell good-bye in Act 2, Scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What views of feminism does Heidi end up sharing in her speech?
2. What is Heidi's reaction to the "Hello New York" show while taping during Act 2, Scene 2? What does Heidi do?
3. What is Heidi missing from other women?
4. Susan and Denise have something in mind for a television show. What do they want to do and how do they want Heidi to become involved?
5. What is Heidi so critical of in the painting she is discussing in the Prologue to Act 2?
6. What has happened in Heidi's life while she's been in Europe?
7. What happens during the show, "Hello New York" during Act 2, Scene 2?
8. Heidi, Scoop and Peter are invited to Susan's morning news show two years later. What is the topic of discussion?
9. What is Heidi's view of her role in feminism?
10. Why does Heidi's explanation of why she is leaving hurt Peter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What initially attracts Peter and Heidi to each other and why do they carry on their life-long friendship?
Essay Topic 2
Was there ever a chance that Scoop and Heidi would become a couple? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Peter tells Heidi that he is gay. What does Heidi struggle with when Peter tells he that he is gay? Do you, as the reader, think that Heidi might have suspected? What clues, if any, are provided in the play up to that point that might have given away Peter's sexual orientation? In this scene, with this news, does Heidi exhibit stereotypical female behavior? If so, what behavior(s)?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)