|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Act 2, Scene 4 take place in?
2. Why does Heidi think the artist is "copping out" in the Prologue to Act 2?
3. How is Heidi feeling toward both men at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Where is Heidi speaking at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What is the purpose of the organization that Heidi directs in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening during Heidi and Susan's lunch in 1984?
2. Heidi, Scoop and Peter are invited to Susan's morning news show two years later. What is the topic of discussion?
3. What is Heidi's preference for an artist to do?
4. Why does Heidi's explanation of why she is leaving hurt Peter?
5. What views of feminism does Heidi end up sharing in her speech?
6. What is Peter's emotional state when Heidi comes to tell him good-bye in the AIDS ward during Act 2, Scene 5?
7. What is Heidi missing from other women?
8. What has been going on in Scoop and Lisa's lives since their wedding?
9. What decision does Heidi make in Scene 5, Act 2, regarding her future and why?
10. What is Heidi's view of her role in feminism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During the women's discussion group that Heidi attends with Susan, describe two of the characters and what they hope to achieve by attending the discussion group. Why do you think they are mentioned in the play? What do their characters suggest about the women's movement? Do you think each will continue with their points of view, based upon what you know from the play, or give it all up?
Essay Topic 2
What initially attracts Peter and Heidi to each other and why do they carry on their life-long friendship?
Essay Topic 3
By the end of the play, what does Heidi do to bring a wholeness to her life?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)