|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Heidi late to the event in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What is the agenda of this lunch between Heidi and her friend in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What is Heidi doing in the prologue to Act 2?
4. How many years after Act 2, Scene 1 is Heidi finally on the news program?
5. How does Heidi practice her feminism in the Prologue to Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Susan and Denise have something in mind for a television show. What do they want to do and how do they want Heidi to become involved?
2. What decision does Heidi make in Scene 5, Act 2, regarding her future and why?
3. How are the two paintings that Heidi is discussing with her art history class in the Prologue to Act 2 similar?
4. What is Heidi's reaction to the show / topic?
5. Why does Heidi's explanation of why she is leaving hurt Peter?
6. What has happened in Heidi's life while she's been in Europe?
7. What is currently going on with Scoop, Peter and Heidi during Act 2, Scene 2?
8. What is Heidi's preference for an artist to do?
9. What has happened to Susan's feminist point of view?
10. What is happening during Heidi and Susan's lunch in 1984?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Peter tells Heidi that he is gay. What does Heidi struggle with when Peter tells he that he is gay? Do you, as the reader, think that Heidi might have suspected? What clues, if any, are provided in the play up to that point that might have given away Peter's sexual orientation? In this scene, with this news, does Heidi exhibit stereotypical female behavior? If so, what behavior(s)?
Essay Topic 2
Detail Heidi's journey into feminism. When did it start? How did her point of view change ( or did it) throughout the years? What was her overriding ideal that she keeps striving for? Is she successful in achieving her goal?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship/feminist differences between Susan and Heidi, beginning with the high school dance in 1965.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)