|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Heidi come to tell good-bye in Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What does Scoop try to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does this Prologue to Act 2 foreshadow?
4. What is Heidi's friend's reaction to her moving?
5. What organization does Heidi direct during Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Heidi do to cheer Peter up at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What has been going on in Scoop and Lisa's lives since their wedding?
3. Why does Heidi's explanation of why she is leaving hurt Peter?
4. What has happened to Susan's feminist point of view?
5. In terms of relationships, what are differences between Lisa and Heidi?
6. What is currently going on with Scoop, Peter and Heidi during Act 2, Scene 2?
7. Susan and Denise have something in mind for a television show. What do they want to do and how do they want Heidi to become involved?
8. What is Heidi's view of her role in feminism?
9. What decision does Heidi make in Scene 5, Act 2, regarding her future and why?
10. What happens during the show, "Hello New York" during Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the play, Scoop claims to be inspired by Heidi. Why does he feel inspired? Do you think his feeling of inspiration is genuine or will he revert back to his old habits?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the John Lennon memorial and where the characters are in their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Scoop and Heidi were involved off and on for a number of years, yet Heidi attends Scoop and Lisa's wedding. What were the undercurrent of emotions going on throughout the day? Pick two characters, in addition to Scoop and Heidi, and discuss their emotional state and the reason(s) behind their feelings. Were they open/hidden regarding their emotions? What did this wedding represent on different levels for some of the characters?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)