|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 3, how does Heidi differ from her luncheon partner/friend?
2. What will Heidi be doing after she moves?
3. Who does Heidi come to tell good-bye in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What kind of talk was the audience expecting from Heidi in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What does this Prologue to Act 2 foreshadow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Prior to the alumni association luncheon in Act 2, Scene 4, what has been the purpose of Heidi's adult life?
2. What is Heidi's view of her role in feminism?
3. What is Heidi's topic of her speech in 1986 to her high school alumni association?
4. What does Heidi do to cheer Peter up at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
5. What decision does Heidi make in Scene 5, Act 2, regarding her future and why?
6. Why does Heidi's explanation of why she is leaving hurt Peter?
7. Heidi, Scoop and Peter are invited to Susan's morning news show two years later. What is the topic of discussion?
8. What is Heidi's preference for an artist to do?
9. What has happened to Susan's feminist point of view?
10. What has happened in Heidi's life while she's been in Europe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Detail Heidi's journey into feminism. When did it start? How did her point of view change ( or did it) throughout the years? What was her overriding ideal that she keeps striving for? Is she successful in achieving her goal?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship/feminist differences between Susan and Heidi, beginning with the high school dance in 1965.
Essay Topic 3
By the end of the play, what does Heidi do to bring a wholeness to her life?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)