|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Heidi late to the event in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. In the Prologue to Act 2, what is Heidi critical of in terms of feminism?
3. What does Heidi like from the same artist that she criticizes in the Prologue to Act 2?
4. Who else has been invited to this lunch with Heidi and her friend in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Who are the other two guests who join Heidi on the show in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Heidi make in Scene 5, Act 2, regarding her future and why?
2. What is currently going on with Scoop, Peter and Heidi during Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What is happening during Heidi and Susan's lunch in 1984?
4. What is Heidi's reaction to the show / topic?
5. What happens during the show, "Hello New York" during Act 2, Scene 2?
6. What is Heidi's preference for an artist to do?
7. How are the two paintings that Heidi is discussing with her art history class in the Prologue to Act 2 similar?
8. What is Peter's emotional state when Heidi comes to tell him good-bye in the AIDS ward during Act 2, Scene 5?
9. What has happened in Heidi's life while she's been in Europe?
10. What has happened to Susan's feminist point of view?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When the play opens, Heidi is discovering the roles of men and women in the mid-60's. How does the experience at the high school dance shape Heidi's point of view throughout the play?
Essay Topic 2
What initially attracts Peter and Heidi to each other and why do they carry on their life-long friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Heidi is invited to speak to her high school alumni association at a luncheon. Heidi decides to provide intimate details of her own struggles with the feminist journey. What is the story she shares? Why does she choose to share her personal story? What does she hope to gain by sharing details? How do you think she feels when she is talking and reflecting on her point of view? If you were in the audience, what would your thoughts be?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)