|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Heidi in Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What year does Act 2, Scene 3 open in?
3. What is the emotional status of Heidi's friend in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What does this Prologue to Act 2 foreshadow?
5. What decision does Heidi make regarding the new show?
Short Essay Questions
1. Heidi, Scoop and Peter are invited to Susan's morning news show two years later. What is the topic of discussion?
2. What views of feminism does Heidi end up sharing in her speech?
3. What is currently going on with Scoop, Peter and Heidi during Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is happening during Heidi and Susan's lunch in 1984?
5. What is Heidi's reaction to the "Hello New York" show while taping during Act 2, Scene 2? What does Heidi do?
6. What happens when Lisa goes to take Scoop's phone call during her baby shower?
7. What is Heidi so critical of in the painting she is discussing in the Prologue to Act 2?
8. What has been going on in Scoop and Lisa's lives since their wedding?
9. What has happened to Susan's feminist point of view?
10. What is Peter's emotional state when Heidi comes to tell him good-bye in the AIDS ward during Act 2, Scene 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
By the end of the play, what does Heidi do to bring a wholeness to her life?
Essay Topic 2
Heidi goes on living her life, keeping in touch with her friends. When she goes to Chicago to protest, she doesn't set up a time to visit with Peter. Why is Peter insulted that Heidi doesn't look him up while she's in Chicago? Does Heidi feel the same way about him as he does about her? How does Peter exhibit stereotypical male behavior in Chicago toward Heidi? If so, what behaviors? Is this a surprise? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Scoop and Heidi were involved off and on for a number of years, yet Heidi attends Scoop and Lisa's wedding. What were the undercurrent of emotions going on throughout the day? Pick two characters, in addition to Scoop and Heidi, and discuss their emotional state and the reason(s) behind their feelings. Were they open/hidden regarding their emotions? What did this wedding represent on different levels for some of the characters?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)