|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the emotional status of Heidi's friend in Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What is the agenda of this lunch between Heidi and her friend in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Where is Heidi speaking at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
4. Who is Heidi meeting for lunch in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What is Lisa's sister's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Heidi's reaction to the "Hello New York" show while taping during Act 2, Scene 2? What does Heidi do?
2. What does Heidi do to cheer Peter up at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
3. What is Heidi's reaction to the show / topic?
4. Why does Heidi's explanation of why she is leaving hurt Peter?
5. What decision does Heidi make in Scene 5, Act 2, regarding her future and why?
6. What happens during the show, "Hello New York" during Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What has been going on in Scoop and Lisa's lives since their wedding?
8. What is Heidi's topic of her speech in 1986 to her high school alumni association?
9. What views of feminism does Heidi end up sharing in her speech?
10. What is happening during Heidi and Susan's lunch in 1984?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the play, Scoop claims to be inspired by Heidi. Why does he feel inspired? Do you think his feeling of inspiration is genuine or will he revert back to his old habits?
Essay Topic 2
What initially attracts Heidi to Scoop and what keeps their relationship going throughout the years, no matter what form it takes?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the John Lennon memorial and where the characters are in their lives?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)