|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What admission does Heidi make at the end of her presentation in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What will Heidi be doing after she moves?
3. What is Susan's next career move in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What are Susan's feelings regarding the women's movement in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What is Heidi's primary reason for leaving New York in Act 2, Scene 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What initially attracts Heidi to Scoop and what keeps their relationship going throughout the years, no matter what form it takes?
Essay Topic 2
When the play opens, Heidi is discovering the roles of men and women in the mid-60's. How does the experience at the high school dance shape Heidi's point of view throughout the play?
Essay Topic 3
Scoop and Heidi were involved off and on for a number of years, yet Heidi attends Scoop and Lisa's wedding. What were the undercurrent of emotions going on throughout the day? Pick two characters, in addition to Scoop and Heidi, and discuss their emotional state and the reason(s) behind their feelings. Were they open/hidden regarding their emotions? What did this wedding represent on different levels for some of the characters?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)