|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Prologue to Act 2, what is Heidi critical of in terms of feminism?
2. What is the purpose of the organization that Heidi directs in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What disease is discussed in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. Who is Lisa' sister?
5. What does Heidi prefer that an artist do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Prior to the alumni association luncheon in Act 2, Scene 4, what has been the purpose of Heidi's adult life?
2. What has happened in Heidi's life while she's been in Europe?
3. What happens during the show, "Hello New York" during Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is Heidi's reaction to the show / topic?
5. What is Heidi missing from other women?
6. Heidi, Scoop and Peter are invited to Susan's morning news show two years later. What is the topic of discussion?
7. What happens when Lisa goes to take Scoop's phone call during her baby shower?
8. Why does Heidi's explanation of why she is leaving hurt Peter?
9. In terms of relationships, what are differences between Lisa and Heidi?
10. What decision does Heidi make in Scene 5, Act 2, regarding her future and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of music throughout the play? Is it music itself that is important or the particular song that is playing?
Essay Topic 2
When the play opens, Heidi is discovering the roles of men and women in the mid-60's. How does the experience at the high school dance shape Heidi's point of view throughout the play?
Essay Topic 3
Heidi decides to stay in New York after visiting Peter in the AIDS ward. Heidi has many relationships throughout the play in terms of both male and female friends. What are the "not so obvious" aspects of her relationship with Peter that would cause Heidi to leave a fiance in Europe, but stay in New York after Peter breaks down? What were Peter's reasons for wanting her to stay? Do you feel it was selfish of him to stand in her way? Do you think Heidi was being selfish as well?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)