|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Heidi's friend's reason for attending the dance?
2. In the Prologue to Act I, how does Heidi, in retrospect, view herself at the high school dance?
3. Who encourages Heidi to join in and not just be a visitor?
4. What does Scoop do that is somewhat unusual?
5. What song is playing in the background when Heidi and her friend arrive at the high school dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Fran invites Heidi to share, what does Heidi do?
2. What news does Peter share with Heidi after she pushes him to find a girlfriend? Why is he frustrated?
3. What is the purpose of this Prologue to Act 1?
4. What is the background of Lisa, Scoop's new wife?
5. What are the societal expectations at the high school dance in the mid-1960's?
6. Describe at least two of the women who are present at the consciousness-raising discussion in the church basement.
7. How do Heidi and Peter meet?
8. Why is Heidi resentful of Peter?
9. Scoop Rosenbaum takes a sweeping view of Heidi's personality characteristics. Overall, what are Scoop's feelings towards Heidi? What does he admire?
10. Heidi discloses information about herself when mentioning her high school dance. What is that piece of information?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of music throughout the play? Is it music itself that is important or the particular song that is playing?
Essay Topic 2
What point do you think the author is trying to make regarding the word "feminism?"
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship/feminist differences between Susan and Heidi, beginning with the high school dance in 1965.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)