|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one wish that Heidi shares with the women's group meeting in the church basement?
2. What relationship is Heidi to Peter, according to Scoop?
3. What is Lisa's occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
4. What does Heidi teach?
5. What is the first thing that Scoop does to Heidi at this dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Susan gives Heidi very specific instructions on behavior at the dance. What instructions does Susan give Heidi?
2. In terms of relationships, what are differences between Lisa and Heidi?
3. What has happened in Heidi's life while she's been in Europe?
4. How does Heidi react to Susan's instructions?
5. Describe Susan's reason for being at the high school dance in 1965.
6. What is the purpose of this Prologue to Act 1?
7. What is Heidi's topic of her speech in 1986 to her high school alumni association?
8. What does Heidi do to cheer Peter up at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
9. What happens when Lisa goes to take Scoop's phone call during her baby shower?
10. Scoop stops by to visit. What is the primary reason for his visiting Heidi during Act 2, Scene 6?
Essay Topic 1
Was there ever a chance that Scoop and Heidi would become a couple? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
During the women's discussion group that Heidi attends with Susan, describe two of the characters and what they hope to achieve by attending the discussion group. Why do you think they are mentioned in the play? What do their characters suggest about the women's movement? Do you think each will continue with their points of view, based upon what you know from the play, or give it all up?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Scoop is unable to make a serious commitment to anything, until the end of the play?
This section contains 1,397 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)