|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Heidi annoyed with Peter in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What song is in the background during Act I, Scene 2?
3. What has Susan been doing with her life as mentioned in Act 1, Scene 5?
4. Who does Heidi defend in Act 1, Scene 5?
5. What does Heidi teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Susan gives Heidi very specific instructions on behavior at the dance. What instructions does Susan give Heidi?
2. Describe the subject Heidi discusses in her class in 1989.
3. Describe Heidi's personality.
4. What does Lisa do to save face at her wedding reception?
5. What news does Peter share with Heidi after she pushes him to find a girlfriend? Why is he frustrated?
6. Heidi criticizes the painting of Lily Martin Spencer for a particular reason. What is that reason?
7. What is the topic of conversation between Heidi and Scoop once Peter and Lisa head off to dance?
8. Why does Heidi's old friend Peter show up at the protest?
9. What is the significance of "Ladies Choice" at the dance?
10. Describe at least two of the women who are present at the consciousness-raising discussion in the church basement.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
By the end of the play, what does Heidi do to bring a wholeness to her life?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship/feminist differences between Susan and Heidi, beginning with the high school dance in 1965.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the play, Scoop claims to be inspired by Heidi. Why does he feel inspired? Do you think his feeling of inspiration is genuine or will he revert back to his old habits?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)