|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other two characteristics describe Heidi?
2. What song is playing when Act 1, Scene 3 ends?
3. What kind of cultural influences dominate the high school dance?
4. The opening scene in Act I, Scene 3 has what song in the background?
5. What is one wish that Heidi shares with the women's group meeting in the church basement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Heidi's personality.
2. How do Heidi and Peter meet?
3. What is the purpose of this Prologue to Act 1?
4. Why is Heidi resentful of Peter?
5. By reading the Prologue, what facts do we learn about Heidi and the play in general?
6. Why do you think Heidi decides to leave with Scoop at the end of the evening in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. Why does Heidi's old friend Peter show up at the protest?
8. What news does Peter share with Heidi after she pushes him to find a girlfriend? Why is he frustrated?
9. What is one of Scoop's most unusual personality characteristics?
10. Describe at least two of the women who are present at the consciousness-raising discussion in the church basement.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Heidi is invited to speak to her high school alumni association at a luncheon. Heidi decides to provide intimate details of her own struggles with the feminist journey. What is the story she shares? Why does she choose to share her personal story? What does she hope to gain by sharing details? How do you think she feels when she is talking and reflecting on her point of view? If you were in the audience, what would your thoughts be?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Scoop is unable to make a serious commitment to anything, until the end of the play?
Essay Topic 3
What point do you think the author is trying to make regarding the word "feminism?"
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)