|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Debbie not allow Peter to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. In the Prologue to Act I, how does Heidi, in retrospect, view herself at the high school dance?
3. What song is playing in the background when Heidi and her friend arrive at the high school dance?
4. Which of the two characters are clerking for the same Supreme Court Judge in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What is the purpose of the Prologue to Act I?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Susan decided to do in Act, Scene 3 and why?
2. Heidi criticizes the painting of Lily Martin Spencer for a particular reason. What is that reason?
3. What does Scoop possess that Heidi wishes she had more of? What does she question?
4. Heidi has one primary belief that seems to carry her throughout the play, including Act 1, Scene 3. What is this belief?
5. What reason does Scoop give for marrying Lisa rather than Heidi?
6. What is the significance of "Ladies Choice" at the dance?
7. What is Heidi and her friend Debbie protesting in 1974?
8. How do Heidi and Peter meet?
9. What is Becky's story in Act 1, Scene 3?
10. What news does Peter share with Heidi after she pushes him to find a girlfriend? Why is he frustrated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Was there ever a chance that Scoop and Heidi would become a couple? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship/feminist differences between Susan and Heidi, beginning with the high school dance in 1965.
Essay Topic 3
Scoop and Heidi were involved off and on for a number of years, yet Heidi attends Scoop and Lisa's wedding. What were the undercurrent of emotions going on throughout the day? Pick two characters, in addition to Scoop and Heidi, and discuss their emotional state and the reason(s) behind their feelings. Were they open/hidden regarding their emotions? What did this wedding represent on different levels for some of the characters?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)