Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one prediction does Scoop make at the party that involves Heidi?
2. What location does Act 1, Scene 4 open in?
3. What does Scoop do at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
4. In Act I, Scene 2, what are Heidi's feelings toward women?
5. What is one thing that Heidi does at the high school dance that might be considered unusual, considering where she was?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of Scoop's most unusual personality characteristics?
2. Heidi, Scoop and Peter are invited to Susan's morning news show two years later. What is the topic of discussion?
3. What are the societal expectations at the high school dance in the mid-1960's?
4. What is Heidi's view of her role in feminism?
5. What is Heidi's preference for an artist to do?
6. How does Heidi approach the group at the women's consciousness rap group in the church basement?
7. Heidi has one primary belief that seems to carry her throughout the play, including Act 1, Scene 3. What is this belief?
8. Heidi discloses information about herself when mentioning her high school dance. What is that piece of information?
9. What is Heidi so critical of in the painting she is discussing in the Prologue to Act 2?
10. Scoop stops by to visit. What is the primary reason for his visiting Heidi during Act 2, Scene 6?
Essay Topic 1
Who does Heidi attribute Scoop's arrogance to? Why? Why would she single out a specific sex as encouraging this arrogance/confidence?
Essay Topic 2
What is the importance of music throughout the play? Is it music itself that is important or the particular song that is playing?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship/feminist differences between Susan and Heidi, beginning with the high school dance in 1965.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)