|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship is Heidi to Peter, according to Scoop?
2. What does Heidi say about one of the paintings by artist that she is critical of?
3. What does Scoop do that is somewhat unusual?
4. In the Prologue to Act I, how does Heidi, in retrospect, view herself at the high school dance?
5. What does Scoop ask Heidi to do the evening of the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Scoop Rosenbaum takes a sweeping view of Heidi's personality characteristics. Overall, what are Scoop's feelings towards Heidi? What does he admire?
2. What is the topic of conversation between Heidi and Scoop once Peter and Lisa head off to dance?
3. What does Scoop possess that Heidi wishes she had more of? What does she question?
4. Heidi discloses information about herself when mentioning her high school dance. What is that piece of information?
5. How does Heidi react to Susan's instructions?
6. What is Heidi and her friend Debbie protesting in 1974?
7. Heidi has one primary belief that seems to carry her throughout the play, including Act 1, Scene 3. What is this belief?
8. What is the background of Lisa, Scoop's new wife?
9. Describe the subject Heidi discusses in her class in 1989.
10. How does Heidi approach the group at the women's consciousness rap group in the church basement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Peter tells Heidi that he is gay. What does Heidi struggle with when Peter tells he that he is gay? Do you, as the reader, think that Heidi might have suspected? What clues, if any, are provided in the play up to that point that might have given away Peter's sexual orientation? In this scene, with this news, does Heidi exhibit stereotypical female behavior? If so, what behavior(s)?
Essay Topic 2
Heidi goes on living her life, keeping in touch with her friends. When she goes to Chicago to protest, she doesn't set up a time to visit with Peter. Why is Peter insulted that Heidi doesn't look him up while she's in Chicago? Does Heidi feel the same way about him as he does about her? How does Peter exhibit stereotypical male behavior in Chicago toward Heidi? If so, what behaviors? Is this a surprise? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Scoop is unable to make a serious commitment to anything, until the end of the play?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)