|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Heidi defend in Act 1, Scene 5?
2. Who encourages Heidi to join in and not just be a visitor?
3. The opening scene in Act I, Scene 3 has what song in the background?
4. What does Scoop ask Heidi to do the evening of the party?
5. What year does Act 1, Scene 5 open in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe at least two of the women who are present at the consciousness-raising discussion in the church basement.
2. Why do you think Heidi decides to leave with Scoop at the end of the evening in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What has Susan decided to do in Act, Scene 3 and why?
4. Heidi discloses information about herself when mentioning her high school dance. What is that piece of information?
5. Describe Susan's reason for being at the high school dance in 1965.
6. What is one personality characteristic that Scoop sees in Heidi and how does he feel about this characteristic?
7. What does Scoop possess that Heidi wishes she had more of? What does she question?
8. By reading the Prologue, what facts do we learn about Heidi and the play in general?
9. What is the purpose of this Prologue to Act 1?
10. What is the topic of conversation between Heidi and Scoop once Peter and Lisa head off to dance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During the women's discussion group that Heidi attends with Susan, describe two of the characters and what they hope to achieve by attending the discussion group. Why do you think they are mentioned in the play? What do their characters suggest about the women's movement? Do you think each will continue with their points of view, based upon what you know from the play, or give it all up?
Essay Topic 2
What initially attracts Peter and Heidi to each other and why do they carry on their life-long friendship?
Essay Topic 3
What are the similarities and differences between Lisa and Heidi?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)