|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Peter irritated with Heidi in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What demand does Peter make of Heidi in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What song is in the background during Act I, Scene 2?
4. What piece of information does Peter share with Heidi in Chicago?
5. What song ends Act 1, Scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Heidi's personality.
2. Why is Heidi resentful of Peter?
3. How do Heidi and Peter meet?
4. How does Heidi approach the group at the women's consciousness rap group in the church basement?
5. What are the societal expectations at the high school dance in the mid-1960's?
6. By reading the Prologue, what facts do we learn about Heidi and the play in general?
7. What is the topic of conversation between Heidi and Scoop once Peter and Lisa head off to dance?
8. When Fran invites Heidi to share, what does Heidi do?
9. Why does Heidi's old friend Peter show up at the protest?
10. Susan gives Heidi very specific instructions on behavior at the dance. What instructions does Susan give Heidi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What point do you think the author is trying to make regarding the word "feminism?"
Essay Topic 2
Heidi decides to stay in New York after visiting Peter in the AIDS ward. Heidi has many relationships throughout the play in terms of both male and female friends. What are the "not so obvious" aspects of her relationship with Peter that would cause Heidi to leave a fiance in Europe, but stay in New York after Peter breaks down? What were Peter's reasons for wanting her to stay? Do you feel it was selfish of him to stand in her way? Do you think Heidi was being selfish as well?
Essay Topic 3
Detail Heidi's journey into feminism. When did it start? How did her point of view change ( or did it) throughout the years? What was her overriding ideal that she keeps striving for? Is she successful in achieving her goal?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)