|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Heidi initially choose not to share her struggle with the women's group in the church basement?
2. Which of the following painters are specifically mentioned by Heidi in her class?
3. Who does Heidi meet at the party in Act 1, Scene 2, that turns out to be a life-long friend?
4. What song is the dance for "Ladies' Choice?"
5. How does Scoop respond to Heidi's decision at the end of the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is currently going on with Scoop, Peter and Heidi during Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Why does Heidi's old friend Peter show up at the protest?
3. What happens during the show, "Hello New York" during Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is Heidi's view of her role in feminism?
5. Susan gives Heidi very specific instructions on behavior at the dance. What instructions does Susan give Heidi?
6. How do Heidi and Peter meet?
7. Heidi, Scoop and Peter are invited to Susan's morning news show two years later. What is the topic of discussion?
8. What has Susan decided to do in Act, Scene 3 and why?
9. What is the state of Heid's romantic life when Act 2, Scene 6 opens?
10. What is Heidi's reaction to the "Hello New York" show while taping during Act 2, Scene 2? What does Heidi do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Heidi is invited to speak to her high school alumni association at a luncheon. Heidi decides to provide intimate details of her own struggles with the feminist journey. What is the story she shares? Why does she choose to share her personal story? What does she hope to gain by sharing details? How do you think she feels when she is talking and reflecting on her point of view? If you were in the audience, what would your thoughts be?
Essay Topic 2
Detail Heidi's journey into feminism. When did it start? How did her point of view change ( or did it) throughout the years? What was her overriding ideal that she keeps striving for? Is she successful in achieving her goal?
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of music throughout the play? Is it music itself that is important or the particular song that is playing?
This section contains 1,373 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)