|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scoop project that Heidi wishes she had more of?
2. What song is in the background during Act I, Scene 2?
3. What piece of advice does Heidi's friend give her at their high school dance?
4. What one prediction does Scoop make at the party that involves Heidi?
5. Why does Becky question Jill when Jill makes her offer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the background of Lisa, Scoop's new wife?
2. Prior to the alumni association luncheon in Act 2, Scene 4, what has been the purpose of Heidi's adult life?
3. What is Becky's story in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What is Peter's emotional state when Heidi comes to tell him good-bye in the AIDS ward during Act 2, Scene 5?
5. What is Heidi and her friend Debbie protesting in 1974?
6. Heidi criticizes the painting of Lily Martin Spencer for a particular reason. What is that reason?
7. Why is Heidi resentful of Peter?
8. Describe at least two of the women who are present at the consciousness-raising discussion in the church basement.
9. What is currently going on with Scoop, Peter and Heidi during Act 2, Scene 2?
10. By reading the Prologue, what facts do we learn about Heidi and the play in general?
Essay Topic 1
Heidi is invited to speak to her high school alumni association at a luncheon. Heidi decides to provide intimate details of her own struggles with the feminist journey. What is the story she shares? Why does she choose to share her personal story? What does she hope to gain by sharing details? How do you think she feels when she is talking and reflecting on her point of view? If you were in the audience, what would your thoughts be?
Essay Topic 2
Scoop and Heidi were involved off and on for a number of years, yet Heidi attends Scoop and Lisa's wedding. What were the undercurrent of emotions going on throughout the day? Pick two characters, in addition to Scoop and Heidi, and discuss their emotional state and the reason(s) behind their feelings. Were they open/hidden regarding their emotions? What did this wedding represent on different levels for some of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
What initially attracts Peter and Heidi to each other and why do they carry on their life-long friendship?
This section contains 1,462 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)