Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one prediction does Scoop make at the party that involves Heidi?
2. What location does Act 1, Scene 4 open in?
3. What does Scoop do at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
4. In Act I, Scene 2, what are Heidi's feelings toward women?
5. What is one thing that Heidi does at the high school dance that might be considered unusual, considering where she was?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of Scoop's most unusual personality characteristics?
2. Heidi, Scoop and Peter are invited to Susan's morning news show two years later. What is the topic of discussion?
3. What are the societal expectations at the high school dance in the mid-1960's?
4. What is Heidi's view of her role in feminism?
5. What is Heidi's preference for an artist to do?
6. How does Heidi approach the group at the women's consciousness rap group in the church basement?
7. Heidi has one primary belief that seems to carry her throughout the play, including Act 1, Scene 3. What is this belief?
8. Heidi discloses information about herself when mentioning her high school dance. What is that piece of information?
9. What is Heidi so critical of in the painting she is discussing in the Prologue to Act 2?
10. Scoop stops by to visit. What is the primary reason for his visiting Heidi during Act 2, Scene 6?
Essay Topic 1
Heidi goes on living her life, keeping in touch with her friends. When she goes to Chicago to protest, she doesn't set up a time to visit with Peter. Why is Peter insulted that Heidi doesn't look him up while she's in Chicago? Does Heidi feel the same way about him as he does about her? How does Peter exhibit stereotypical male behavior in Chicago toward Heidi? If so, what behaviors? Is this a surprise? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the John Lennon memorial and where the characters are in their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Scoop and Heidi were involved off and on for a number of years, yet Heidi attends Scoop and Lisa's wedding. What were the undercurrent of emotions going on throughout the day? Pick two characters, in addition to Scoop and Heidi, and discuss their emotional state and the reason(s) behind their feelings. Were they open/hidden regarding their emotions? What did this wedding represent on different levels for some of the characters?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)