|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song ends Act 1, Scene 5?
2. What piece of advice does Heidi's friend give her at their high school dance?
3. What is Heidi's high school friend doing in Chicago in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What reason does Scoop give Heidi for not marrying her?
5. What is Peter's current occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Heidi doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Why do you think Heidi decides to leave with Scoop at the end of the evening in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Heidi criticizes the painting of Lily Martin Spencer for a particular reason. What is that reason?
4. What is one of Scoop's most unusual personality characteristics?
5. How do Heidi and Peter meet?
6. How does Heidi react to Susan's instructions?
7. What is the topic of conversation between Heidi and Scoop once Peter and Lisa head off to dance?
8. Describe Susan's reason for being at the high school dance in 1965.
9. What is the significance of "Ladies Choice" at the dance?
10. Describe Heidi's personality.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What point do you think the author is trying to make regarding the word "feminism?"
Essay Topic 2
During the women's discussion group that Heidi attends with Susan, describe two of the characters and what they hope to achieve by attending the discussion group. Why do you think they are mentioned in the play? What do their characters suggest about the women's movement? Do you think each will continue with their points of view, based upon what you know from the play, or give it all up?
Essay Topic 3
What initially attracts Peter and Heidi to each other and why do they carry on their life-long friendship?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)