|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What location does Act 1, Scene 4 open in?
2. What statement segues into Act I, Scene 1?
3. What does Susan tell the women's group about Heidi?
4. What does Scoop project that Heidi wishes she had more of?
5. When Heidi arrives at the dance in Act 1, Scene 2, who is singing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Heidi has one primary belief that seems to carry her throughout the play, including Act 1, Scene 3. What is this belief?
2. How are the two paintings that Heidi is discussing with her art history class in the Prologue to Act 2 similar?
3. Heidi, Scoop and Peter are invited to Susan's morning news show two years later. What is the topic of discussion?
4. Heidi discloses information about herself when mentioning her high school dance. What is that piece of information?
5. What is Heidi so critical of in the painting she is discussing in the Prologue to Act 2?
6. In terms of relationships, what are differences between Lisa and Heidi?
7. Why is Heidi resentful of Peter?
8. What is Heidi's reaction to the "Hello New York" show while taping during Act 2, Scene 2? What does Heidi do?
9. Describe at least two of the women who are present at the consciousness-raising discussion in the church basement.
10. What is Peter's emotional state when Heidi comes to tell him good-bye in the AIDS ward during Act 2, Scene 5?
Essay Topic 1
Was there ever a chance that Scoop and Heidi would become a couple? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
By the end of the play, what does Heidi do to bring a wholeness to her life?
Essay Topic 3
What are the similarities and differences between Lisa and Heidi?
This section contains 1,440 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)