|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heidi decide to do with the advice her friends gives her at the high school dance?
2. What does Jill offer Becky?
3. What is wrong with Heidi and Scoop's relationship?
4. What does Heidi do to try to get away from Scoop at this dance?
5. What is the name of Heidi's friend that goes to the dance with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Heidi's personality.
2. How do Heidi and Peter meet?
3. Scoop Rosenbaum takes a sweeping view of Heidi's personality characteristics. Overall, what are Scoop's feelings towards Heidi? What does he admire?
4. Heidi criticizes the painting of Lily Martin Spencer for a particular reason. What is that reason?
5. Describe Susan's reason for being at the high school dance in 1965.
6. What does Lisa do to save face at her wedding reception?
7. What is the purpose of this Prologue to Act 1?
8. What has Susan decided to do in Act, Scene 3 and why?
9. How does Heidi react to Susan's instructions?
10. Why is Heidi resentful of Peter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the John Lennon memorial and where the characters are in their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Scoop and Heidi were involved off and on for a number of years, yet Heidi attends Scoop and Lisa's wedding. What were the undercurrent of emotions going on throughout the day? Pick two characters, in addition to Scoop and Heidi, and discuss their emotional state and the reason(s) behind their feelings. Were they open/hidden regarding their emotions? What did this wedding represent on different levels for some of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
What initially attracts Heidi to Scoop and what keeps their relationship going throughout the years, no matter what form it takes?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)