|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lisa' sister?
2. How does Heidi differentiate the paintings in the prologue of Act 2 as uniquely female?
(a) Edges are jagged.
(b) Women slightly removed, yet watching closely.
(c) The colors are softer.
(d) The primary characters are female in the paintings.
3. How does Heidi open her presentation in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) With a comical description of a women who does it all.
(b) With a comical description of her friend Scoop.
(c) With a comical description of meeting someone at a bar.
(d) With a comical description of a middle-aged man.
4. What is Heidi doing in the prologue to Act 2?
(a) Visiting her parents.
(b) Having coffee with Susan.
(c) Lecturing to her class at Columbia.
(d) Visiting with Scoop and Lisa.
5. What admission does Heidi make at the end of her presentation in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) That she is tired of pretending to be happy.
(b) That she is in love with a married man.
(c) That women have made a huge mistake.
(d) That she feels stranded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Susan's next career move in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What is Heidi's lunch partner constantly doing during lunch in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What happens to the TV segment in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What year does Act 2, Scene 3 open in?
5. What symbolizes Heidi's discontent with the direction of feminism in the Prologue to Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened in Heidi's life while she's been in Europe?
2. Why does Heidi's explanation of why she is leaving hurt Peter?
3. What is Heidi's view of her role in feminism?
4. What is Heidi's preference for an artist to do?
5. Heidi, Scoop and Peter are invited to Susan's morning news show two years later. What is the topic of discussion?
6. What is Heidi missing from other women?
7. What decision does Heidi make in Scene 5, Act 2, regarding her future and why?
8. What happens when Lisa goes to take Scoop's phone call during her baby shower?
9. What is Heidi's topic of her speech in 1986 to her high school alumni association?
10. In terms of relationships, what are differences between Lisa and Heidi?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)