|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scoop portray himself on the news program in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) As a ladies' man.
(b) As a lazy bum.
(c) As a hard-working professional.
(d) As the quintessential family man.
2. Who is Heidi meeting for lunch in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What does this Prologue to Act 2 foreshadow?
(a) Heidi ending her relationship with Scoop.
(b) Heidi's job change.
(c) Heidi's marriage.
(d) Conclusions Heidi comes to on her journey in the 1980's.
4. What does Heidi like from the same artist that she criticizes in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) The use of black and red in the painting.
(c) The use of light and color.
(d) The children in the painting.
5. Who is Lisa' sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during the TV interview in Scene 2?
2. In Act 2, Scene 3, how does Heidi differ from her luncheon partner/friend?
3. What is Susan's next career move in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. How does Heidi open her presentation in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What symbolizes Heidi's discontent with the direction of feminism in the Prologue to Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has been going on in Scoop and Lisa's lives since their wedding?
2. What is Heidi's preference for an artist to do?
3. What is Heidi's topic of her speech in 1986 to her high school alumni association?
4. What is happening during Heidi and Susan's lunch in 1984?
5. What is Heidi's reaction to the show / topic?
6. How are the two paintings that Heidi is discussing with her art history class in the Prologue to Act 2 similar?
7. What is Peter's emotional state when Heidi comes to tell him good-bye in the AIDS ward during Act 2, Scene 5?
8. What is currently going on with Scoop, Peter and Heidi during Act 2, Scene 2?
9. Why does Heidi's explanation of why she is leaving hurt Peter?
10. In terms of relationships, what are differences between Lisa and Heidi?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)