|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peter's current occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Pediatrician with a thriving practice.
2. What does Heidi invite Peter and his friend to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Go to the movies.
(b) Take a trip to Boston with her.
(c) Join her for dinner.
(d) March on the curator's office.
3. When Heidi arrives at the dance in Act 1, Scene 2, who is singing?
(a) Janis Joplin.
(b) The Supremes.
(c) Pat Benatar.
(d) Aretha Franklin.
4. What does Scoop do that is somewhat unusual?
(a) Takes off their shoes at the door.
(b) Sniffs their food before eating.
(c) Dances solo in the middle of the floor.
(d) Assigns a grade to everything they see or hear.
5. What talents do Heidi's friend's partner possess?
(a) He is able to smoke and twist at the same time.
(b) He can twirl a basketball on one finger.
(c) He can bat his eyes.
(d) He can wink and smoke at the same time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Heidi to "open up" to the women's group in the church basement?
2. What is Heidi's friend's reason for attending the dance?
3. What does Heidi tell the young man who asks her to dance?
4. What is Scoop's prediction?
5. Who does Heidi meet at the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Scoop Rosenbaum takes a sweeping view of Heidi's personality characteristics. Overall, what are Scoop's feelings towards Heidi? What does he admire?
2. How do Heidi and Peter meet?
3. Susan gives Heidi very specific instructions on behavior at the dance. What instructions does Susan give Heidi?
4. What is Heidi and her friend Debbie protesting in 1974?
5. Describe Heidi's personality.
6. What is Heidi doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
7. How does Heidi approach the group at the women's consciousness rap group in the church basement?
8. What are the societal expectations at the high school dance in the mid-1960's?
9. Heidi has one primary belief that seems to carry her throughout the play, including Act 1, Scene 3. What is this belief?
10. What is the background of Lisa, Scoop's new wife?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)