|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Heidi meet at the party in Act 1, Scene 2, that turns out to be a life-long friend?
(a) Lisa Nicholson.
(b) Scoop Rosenbaum.
(c) Miles Rogers.
(d) Nick Davidson.
2. What does Heidi do to try to get away from Scoop at this dance?
(a) Says she is late for class.
(b) Gives a fake name.
(c) Says she is due at her mother's house.
(d) Hides in the bathroom.
3. What is one thing that Heidi does at the high school dance that might be considered unusual, considering where she was?
(a) She sings karoake.
(b) She tries to start The Wave.
(c) She sits down to read.
(d) She dances by herself.
4. What are Heidi and her friend Debbie protesting in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) The policies of President Nixon.
(b) The price of groceries.
(c) The Age of Napoleon exhibit includes no women artists.
(d) The lack of support for female politicians.
5. What is the name of the boy who approaches Heidi for a dance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is playing when Heidi and her new friend she meets at the high school dance actually dance?
2. What year does Act 1, Scene 5 open in?
3. What do Heidi and her new friend she meets at the high school dance do?
4. What is Heidi's high school friend doing in Chicago in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What does Heidi decide to do at the end of the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Fran invites Heidi to share, what does Heidi do?
2. Why is Heidi resentful of Peter?
3. Heidi criticizes the painting of Lily Martin Spencer for a particular reason. What is that reason?
4. Scoop Rosenbaum takes a sweeping view of Heidi's personality characteristics. Overall, what are Scoop's feelings towards Heidi? What does he admire?
5. What news does Peter share with Heidi after she pushes him to find a girlfriend? Why is he frustrated?
6. Heidi discloses information about herself when mentioning her high school dance. What is that piece of information?
7. Describe the subject Heidi discusses in her class in 1989.
8. What is the topic of conversation between Heidi and Scoop once Peter and Lisa head off to dance?
9. Describe at least two of the women who are present at the consciousness-raising discussion in the church basement.
10. Why does Heidi's old friend Peter show up at the protest?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)