|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scoop ask Heidi to do the evening of the party?
(a) Dance with them.
(b) Learn to relax.
(c) Go on a vacation with them.
(d) Go to bed with them.
2. Which of the following painters are specifically mentioned by Heidi in her class?
(a) Grandma Moses.
(c) Sofonisba Anguissola.
(d) Thomas Hart Benton.
3. What is Scoop's prediction?
(a) That he will be president.
(b) He will remember that he thought he could fall in love with her.
(c) That he will be an actor.
(d) That Heidi will be a university dean.
4. How does Scoop respond to Heidi's decision at the end of the party?
(a) Gives a high-five.
(b) Wishes her good luck and leaves.
(c) Clenches his fist in conquest.
(d) Pouts and leaves the party.
5. Who encourages Heidi to join in and not just be a visitor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Heidi to "open up" to the women's group in the church basement?
2. What are the names of the other two women working with Jill to set up for the group meeting in the church basement in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What other two characteristics describe Heidi?
4. What is one wish that Heidi shares with the women's group meeting in the church basement?
5. In what city is Heidi during the Prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the subject Heidi discusses in her class in 1989.
2. What is the purpose of this Prologue to Act 1?
3. What is the topic of conversation between Heidi and Scoop once Peter and Lisa head off to dance?
4. How do Heidi and Peter meet?
5. What does Lisa do to save face at her wedding reception?
6. What does Scoop possess that Heidi wishes she had more of? What does she question?
7. When Fran invites Heidi to share, what does Heidi do?
8. What news does Peter share with Heidi after she pushes him to find a girlfriend? Why is he frustrated?
9. Why do you think Heidi decides to leave with Scoop at the end of the evening in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. Scoop Rosenbaum takes a sweeping view of Heidi's personality characteristics. Overall, what are Scoop's feelings towards Heidi? What does he admire?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)