|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Heidi during the Prologue?
(c) New York.
2. Who is Sofonisba Anguissola considered equal to?
3. How does Heidi begin her path toward feminism?
(a) As a passive creature, waiting to see what would happen.
(b) Questioning authority.
(d) Diving in with both feet.
4. In what year does the prologue take place?
5. What song is playing in the background when Heidi and her friend arrive at the high school dance?
(a) "Jailhouse Rock."
(b) "Sixteen Candles."
(c) "The Shoop Shoop Song."
(d) "Twist and Shout."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I, Scene I, what element is used to convey Heidi's road to feminism?
2. When Heidi arrives at the dance in Act 1, Scene 2, who is singing?
3. Where is Lisa from?
4. What song is in the background during Act I, Scene 2?
5. Which of the two characters are clerking for the same Supreme Court Judge in Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the societal expectations at the high school dance in the mid-1960's?
2. Heidi criticizes the painting of Lily Martin Spencer for a particular reason. What is that reason?
3. What is one of Scoop's most unusual personality characteristics?
4. What is the topic of conversation between Heidi and Scoop once Peter and Lisa head off to dance?
5. What is the purpose of this Prologue to Act 1?
6. What news does Peter share with Heidi after she pushes him to find a girlfriend? Why is he frustrated?
7. What is the background of Lisa, Scoop's new wife?
8. Describe the subject Heidi discusses in her class in 1989.
9. What is Heidi doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
10. Why does Heidi's old friend Peter show up at the protest?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)