|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Heidi begin her path toward feminism?
(a) Questioning authority.
(b) Diving in with both feet.
(c) As a passive creature, waiting to see what would happen.
2. In what decade does the high school take place?
(a) The 1980's.
(b) The 1960's.
(c) The 1950's.
(d) The 1970's.
3. What demand does Peter make of Heidi in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To give up Scoop.
(b) To move with him.
(c) To give him equal time and consideration.
(d) To stop protesting.
4. What is Lisa's occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) A children's book illustrator.
(b) A college professor.
(c) A fashion designer.
(d) A model.
5. What does Jill offer Becky?
(a) Money to live on.
(b) A job.
(c) To share her home with Becky.
(d) Tuition money for college.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the prologue take place?
2. Who does Heidi defend in Act 1, Scene 5?
3. What are the names of the other two women working with Jill to set up for the group meeting in the church basement in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does Scoop insist on calling Heidi at his wedding?
5. Scoop is an editor for which newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one personality characteristic that Scoop sees in Heidi and how does he feel about this characteristic?
2. How does Heidi react to Susan's instructions?
3. What is one of Scoop's most unusual personality characteristics?
4. What does Lisa do to save face at her wedding reception?
5. What is Heidi and her friend Debbie protesting in 1974?
6. Heidi has one primary belief that seems to carry her throughout the play, including Act 1, Scene 3. What is this belief?
7. How does Heidi approach the group at the women's consciousness rap group in the church basement?
8. What is the significance of "Ladies Choice" at the dance?
9. What is the topic of conversation between Heidi and Scoop once Peter and Lisa head off to dance?
10. What is Heidi doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)