|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heidi's friend do during the "Ladies' Choice?"
(a) She goes to the restroom.
(b) She asked a boy to dance.
(c) She dances with Heidi.
(d) She takes a smoke break.
2. Who does Heidi defend in Act 1, Scene 5?
3. What is Heidi's class reviewing for?
(a) Mid-term exam.
(b) A comprehensive final exam.
(c) The GRE.
(d) The ACT.
4. What is Heidi attending when Act 1, Scene 5 opens?
(a) An art exhibit.
(b) The wedding of Scoop and Lisa.
(c) Peter's wedding.
(d) The movies.
5. What location does Act 1, Scene 4 open in?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Chicago Art Institute.
(c) Times Square.
(d) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is Heidi during the Prologue?
2. What is Heidi's friend's reason for attending the dance?
3. What would be an accurate description of Jill?
4. Why is Peter irritated with Heidi in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Scoop is an editor for which newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Peter share with Heidi after she pushes him to find a girlfriend? Why is he frustrated?
2. Why does Heidi's old friend Peter show up at the protest?
3. How does Heidi approach the group at the women's consciousness rap group in the church basement?
4. What is Becky's story in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. How does Heidi react to Susan's instructions?
6. Describe at least two of the women who are present at the consciousness-raising discussion in the church basement.
7. Heidi criticizes the painting of Lily Martin Spencer for a particular reason. What is that reason?
8. What is Heidi and her friend Debbie protesting in 1974?
9. What is the background of Lisa, Scoop's new wife?
10. Susan gives Heidi very specific instructions on behavior at the dance. What instructions does Susan give Heidi?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)