|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that Heidi does at the high school dance that might be considered unusual, considering where she was?
(a) She sits down to read.
(b) She dances by herself.
(c) She sings karoake.
(d) She tries to start The Wave.
2. What song is playing in the background when Heidi and her friend arrive at the high school dance?
(a) "The Shoop Shoop Song."
(b) "Twist and Shout."
(c) "Jailhouse Rock."
(d) "Sixteen Candles."
3. In this prologue, what is Heidi's topic addressing?
(a) Great women of art.
(b) Great literature of the 20th century.
(d) The Middle Ages.
4. What other two characteristics describe Heidi?
(a) Angry and lazy.
(b) Funny and a feminist.
(c) Prickly and stubborn.
(d) Uneducated and unkind.
5. What is Peter's current occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
(d) Pediatrician with a thriving practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Heidi annoyed with Peter in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What has Susan been doing with her life as mentioned in Act 1, Scene 5?
3. What is Heidi's class reviewing for?
4. What piece of advice does Heidi's friend give her at their high school dance?
5. What does Heidi decide to do at the end of the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of this Prologue to Act 1?
2. Describe the subject Heidi discusses in her class in 1989.
3. What are the societal expectations at the high school dance in the mid-1960's?
4. Describe Heidi's personality.
5. What is one personality characteristic that Scoop sees in Heidi and how does he feel about this characteristic?
6. Why does Heidi's old friend Peter show up at the protest?
7. How does Heidi react to Susan's instructions?
8. Scoop Rosenbaum takes a sweeping view of Heidi's personality characteristics. Overall, what are Scoop's feelings towards Heidi? What does he admire?
9. What has Susan decided to do in Act, Scene 3 and why?
10. Why do you think Heidi decides to leave with Scoop at the end of the evening in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)