|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Prologue to Act I?
(a) To introduce the reader to Heidi on her own turf.
(b) To discuss Susan.
(c) To introduce all of the characters.
(d) To show how Heidi has regressed in her views.
2. What does Scoop ask Heidi to do the evening of the party?
(a) Go on a vacation with them.
(b) Dance with them.
(c) Go to bed with them.
(d) Learn to relax.
3. What is wrong with Heidi and Scoop's relationship?
(a) Heidi is very career oriented.
(b) Heidi's life revolves around waiting for his phone calls.
(c) Scoop travels.
(d) Scoop wants to move in together and Heidi is not ready.
4. What does Heidi do to try to get away from Scoop at this dance?
(a) Says she is late for class.
(b) Hides in the bathroom.
(c) Gives a fake name.
(d) Says she is due at her mother's house.
5. What is one wish that Heidi shares with the women's group meeting in the church basement?
(a) That Susan would have kept quiet.
(b) The group could be friends forever.
(c) The next generation of women will feel more worthwhile.
(d) Heidi wishes she did not come to the meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is in the background during Act I, Scene 2?
2. What are the names of the other two women working with Jill to set up for the group meeting in the church basement in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What is Heidi's class reviewing for?
4. What is one thing that Heidi does at the high school dance that might be considered unusual, considering where she was?
5. What is Scoop's prediction?
Short Essay Questions
1. Scoop Rosenbaum takes a sweeping view of Heidi's personality characteristics. Overall, what are Scoop's feelings towards Heidi? What does he admire?
2. What is one personality characteristic that Scoop sees in Heidi and how does he feel about this characteristic?
3. Heidi criticizes the painting of Lily Martin Spencer for a particular reason. What is that reason?
4. Why do you think Heidi decides to leave with Scoop at the end of the evening in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What is the topic of conversation between Heidi and Scoop once Peter and Lisa head off to dance?
6. What is Heidi and her friend Debbie protesting in 1974?
7. What is the purpose of this Prologue to Act 1?
8. Describe at least two of the women who are present at the consciousness-raising discussion in the church basement.
9. How do Heidi and Peter meet?
10. Describe Heidi's personality.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)