|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What population is specifically NOT mentioned in any of Heidi's art history textbooks?
(a) Male artists before the 15th century.
(b) Women artists.
(c) Artists of the Renaissance.
(d) Pioneer artists.
2. What does Susan tell the women's group about Heidi?
(a) That Heidi is shy.
(b) Heidi's unsatisfactory relationship with Scoop.
(c) That Heidi is a professor.
(d) Heidi's poor relationship with her parents.
3. What song is the dance for "Ladies' Choice?"
(c) "Love Potion No. 9."
(d) "Ladies' Night."
4. What is Heidi's friend's reason for attending the dance?
(a) To have refreshments.
(b) To become popular.
(c) To smoke.
(d) To meet a boy.
5. What is wrong with Heidi and Scoop's relationship?
(a) Scoop travels.
(b) Heidi is very career oriented.
(c) Scoop wants to move in together and Heidi is not ready.
(d) Heidi's life revolves around waiting for his phone calls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Heidi's high school friend doing in Chicago in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. The opening scene in Act I, Scene 3 has what song in the background?
3. In what decade does the high school take place?
4. In the Prologue to Act I, how does Heidi, in retrospect, view herself at the high school dance?
5. What does Scoop do at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Heidi decides to leave with Scoop at the end of the evening in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Susan gives Heidi very specific instructions on behavior at the dance. What instructions does Susan give Heidi?
3. Describe Susan's reason for being at the high school dance in 1965.
4. What does Scoop possess that Heidi wishes she had more of? What does she question?
5. When Fran invites Heidi to share, what does Heidi do?
6. What is the significance of "Ladies Choice" at the dance?
7. Describe at least two of the women who are present at the consciousness-raising discussion in the church basement.
8. What news does Peter share with Heidi after she pushes him to find a girlfriend? Why is he frustrated?
9. How does Heidi react to Susan's instructions?
10. What is Heidi and her friend Debbie protesting in 1974?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)