Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one prediction does Scoop make at the party that involves Heidi?
(a) That they will be president.
(b) That they will teach together.
(c) That they will have six children.
(d) Predicts that one day they will remember that they thought they could fall in love with Heid.
2. What location does Act 1, Scene 4 open in?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Times Square.
(d) Chicago Art Institute.
3. What does Scoop do at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Comes back in and dances with Heidi.
(b) Proposes a toast to Lisa.
(c) Arm wrestles Peter for Heid's affection.
(d) Dances with Lisa.
4. In Act I, Scene 2, what are Heidi's feelings toward women?
(a) She is feeling empowered by women.
(b) She is attracted to women.
(c) She is still at odds with women.
(d) She is jealous of women.
5. What is one thing that Heidi does at the high school dance that might be considered unusual, considering where she was?
(a) She tries to start The Wave.
(b) She sings karoake.
(c) She dances by herself.
(d) She sits down to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the prologue take place?
2. What is Scoop's prediction?
3. What is Heidi attending when the play resumes in Act I, Scene 2?
4. What does Heidi teach?
5. What is Heidi's profession in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of Scoop's most unusual personality characteristics?
2. Heidi, Scoop and Peter are invited to Susan's morning news show two years later. What is the topic of discussion?
3. What are the societal expectations at the high school dance in the mid-1960's?
4. What is Heidi's view of her role in feminism?
5. What is Heidi's preference for an artist to do?
6. How does Heidi approach the group at the women's consciousness rap group in the church basement?
7. Heidi has one primary belief that seems to carry her throughout the play, including Act 1, Scene 3. What is this belief?
8. Heidi discloses information about herself when mentioning her high school dance. What is that piece of information?
9. What is Heidi so critical of in the painting she is discussing in the Prologue to Act 2?
10. Scoop stops by to visit. What is the primary reason for his visiting Heidi during Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)