|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement segues into Act I, Scene 1?
(a) "You hang around waiting to see what might happen."
(b) "What more could women want?"
(c) "Hang onto your friend, nothing lasts forever."
(d) "You've come a long way, baby."
2. What are Heidi and her friend Debbie protesting in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) The price of groceries.
(b) The Age of Napoleon exhibit includes no women artists.
(c) The policies of President Nixon.
(d) The lack of support for female politicians.
3. What talents do Heidi's friend's partner possess?
(a) He can bat his eyes.
(b) He is able to smoke and twist at the same time.
(c) He can wink and smoke at the same time.
(d) He can twirl a basketball on one finger.
4. What is Scoop's prediction?
(a) That he will be president.
(b) That Heidi will be a university dean.
(c) That he will be an actor.
(d) He will remember that he thought he could fall in love with her.
5. What is Lisa's occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) A college professor.
(b) A model.
(c) A children's book illustrator.
(d) A fashion designer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Prologue to Act I?
2. What song is playing when Act 1, Scene 3 ends?
3. Who arrives and begins to make fun of Heidi's and Debbie's protest?
4. Why does Heidi initially choose not to share her struggle with the women's group in the church basement?
5. Who encourages Heidi to join in and not just be a visitor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the topic of conversation between Heidi and Scoop once Peter and Lisa head off to dance?
2. What news does Peter share with Heidi after she pushes him to find a girlfriend? Why is he frustrated?
3. What is the purpose of this Prologue to Act 1?
4. What is one of Scoop's most unusual personality characteristics?
5. Susan gives Heidi very specific instructions on behavior at the dance. What instructions does Susan give Heidi?
6. What is the background of Lisa, Scoop's new wife?
7. How does Heidi react to Susan's instructions?
8. What is one personality characteristic that Scoop sees in Heidi and how does he feel about this characteristic?
9. What are the societal expectations at the high school dance in the mid-1960's?
10. What reason does Scoop give for marrying Lisa rather than Heidi?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)