|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Heidi initially choose not to share her struggle with the women's group in the church basement?
(a) Heidi does not like the women in the group.
(b) She does not feel like she is struggling.
(c) She embarrasses easily.
(d) Heidi believes that her struggle is personal.
2. In what decade does the high school take place?
(a) The 1960's.
(b) The 1950's.
(c) The 1970's.
(d) The 1980's.
3. Who does Heidi consider the greatest artist of the 17th century?
(a) Sofonishba Anguissola.
(b) Lily Martin Spencer.
(c) Clara Peters.
(d) Grandma Moses.
4. What event does Heidi mention that provides insight into her former character?
(a) Heidi's high school dance.
(b) Heidi's first love affair.
(c) Heidi's first trip to Europe.
(d) Heidi's birth.
5. What decision does Susan announce at the women's group meeting in the church basement?
(a) Susan is going on a European trip.
(b) Susan is taking a position at the Law Review.
(c) Susan has a boyfriend.
(d) Susan is getting married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Becky question Jill when Jill makes her offer?
2. Why does Susan make the decision that she chooses to announce in the church basement?
3. What does Scoop do that is somewhat unusual?
4. What does Susan tell the women's group about Heidi?
5. What does Heidi tell the young man who asks her to dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lisa do to save face at her wedding reception?
2. What is the significance of "Ladies Choice" at the dance?
3. What has Susan decided to do in Act, Scene 3 and why?
4. Describe Susan's reason for being at the high school dance in 1965.
5. Heidi criticizes the painting of Lily Martin Spencer for a particular reason. What is that reason?
6. How does Heidi approach the group at the women's consciousness rap group in the church basement?
7. What is one personality characteristic that Scoop sees in Heidi and how does he feel about this characteristic?
8. Describe the subject Heidi discusses in her class in 1989.
9. What is the purpose of this Prologue to Act 1?
10. What news does Peter share with Heidi after she pushes him to find a girlfriend? Why is he frustrated?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)