|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Heidi defend in Act 1, Scene 5?
2. Who encourages Heidi to join in and not just be a visitor?
3. What is one wish that Heidi shares with the women's group meeting in the church basement?
(a) That Susan would have kept quiet.
(b) The group could be friends forever.
(c) Heidi wishes she did not come to the meeting.
(d) The next generation of women will feel more worthwhile.
4. What is Heidi's profession in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Heidi is an illustrator.
(b) Heidi is a nanny.
(c) Heidi is a college student.
(d) Heidi is a writer.
5. What decision does Susan announce at the women's group meeting in the church basement?
(a) Susan is going on a European trip.
(b) Susan is getting married.
(c) Susan is taking a position at the Law Review.
(d) Susan has a boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is the dance for "Ladies' Choice?"
2. What does Scoop insist on calling Heidi at his wedding?
3. What does Heidi decide to do at the end of the party?
4. What piece of information does Peter share with Heidi in Chicago?
5. Why does Susan make the decision that she chooses to announce in the church basement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Heidi criticizes the painting of Lily Martin Spencer for a particular reason. What is that reason?
2. Why do you think Heidi decides to leave with Scoop at the end of the evening in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What has Susan decided to do in Act, Scene 3 and why?
4. What is one of Scoop's most unusual personality characteristics?
5. What is the significance of "Ladies Choice" at the dance?
6. Describe Heidi's personality.
7. What does Lisa do to save face at her wedding reception?
8. What are the societal expectations at the high school dance in the mid-1960's?
9. What is Becky's story in Act 1, Scene 3?
10. Describe the subject Heidi discusses in her class in 1989.
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)