|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What location does Act 1, Scene 4 open in?
(a) Times Square.
(b) Chicago Art Institute.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Harvard University.
2. What song is playing in the background when Heidi and her friend arrive at the high school dance?
(a) "Jailhouse Rock."
(b) "Twist and Shout."
(c) "The Shoop Shoop Song."
(d) "Sixteen Candles."
3. What year does Act 1, Scene 5 open in?
4. In what city is Heidi during the Prologue?
(d) New York.
5. What is one characteristic that would describe Heidi?
Short Answer Questions
1. What other two characteristics describe Heidi?
2. What relationship is Heidi to Peter, according to Scoop?
3. What is the focus of the group of women meeting in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What is Peter's current occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
5. What statement segues into Act I, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Susan's reason for being at the high school dance in 1965.
2. What are the societal expectations at the high school dance in the mid-1960's?
3. Heidi criticizes the painting of Lily Martin Spencer for a particular reason. What is that reason?
4. What is Heidi and her friend Debbie protesting in 1974?
5. What news does Peter share with Heidi after she pushes him to find a girlfriend? Why is he frustrated?
6. Heidi has one primary belief that seems to carry her throughout the play, including Act 1, Scene 3. What is this belief?
7. What is the topic of conversation between Heidi and Scoop once Peter and Lisa head off to dance?
8. What does Scoop possess that Heidi wishes she had more of? What does she question?
9. Why do you think Heidi decides to leave with Scoop at the end of the evening in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. What has Susan decided to do in Act, Scene 3 and why?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)