|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who encourages Heidi to join in and not just be a visitor?
2. What is the focus of the group of women meeting in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Women's consciousness-raising discussion.
(b) Traffic flow in neighborhoods.
(c) How to keep pigeons away from downtown.
(d) Art history and gender issues.
3. What has Susan been doing with her life as mentioned in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Traveling with Heidi.
(b) Attending law school.
(c) Living on a sheep ranch with Molly.
(d) Running for a political office.
4. What is Heidi attending when the play resumes in Act I, Scene 2?
(a) A movie.
(b) An art history lecture.
(c) A dance.
(d) A march on Washington.
5. What is Becky's story?
(a) Becky is a high-school drop-out.
(b) Living on her own with an abusive boyfriend.
(c) Becky struggles with weight issues.
(d) Becky is adopted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Susan make the decision that she chooses to announce in the church basement?
2. What is one thing that Heidi does at the high school dance that might be considered unusual, considering where she was?
3. In what year does the prologue take place?
4. What does Heidi teach?
5. What is the name of Heidi's friend that goes to the dance with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Heidi discloses information about herself when mentioning her high school dance. What is that piece of information?
2. How does Heidi react to Susan's instructions?
3. Describe at least two of the women who are present at the consciousness-raising discussion in the church basement.
4. What is Heidi and her friend Debbie protesting in 1974?
5. Heidi, Scoop and Peter are invited to Susan's morning news show two years later. What is the topic of discussion?
6. What is Peter's emotional state when Heidi comes to tell him good-bye in the AIDS ward during Act 2, Scene 5?
7. What happens when Lisa goes to take Scoop's phone call during her baby shower?
8. Describe Heidi's personality.
9. Susan gives Heidi very specific instructions on behavior at the dance. What instructions does Susan give Heidi?
10. What is the topic of conversation between Heidi and Scoop once Peter and Lisa head off to dance?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)