|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Susan been doing with her life as mentioned in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Living on a sheep ranch with Molly.
(b) Running for a political office.
(c) Traveling with Heidi.
(d) Attending law school.
2. Why does Becky question Jill when Jill makes her offer?
(a) Jill has a family.
(b) Jill is unemployed.
(c) Jill has said she wants to take care of herself.
(d) Jill does not have a home.
3. What does Susan tell the women's group about Heidi?
(a) That Heidi is a professor.
(b) That Heidi is shy.
(c) Heidi's poor relationship with her parents.
(d) Heidi's unsatisfactory relationship with Scoop.
4. What other two characteristics describe Heidi?
(a) Uneducated and unkind.
(b) Angry and lazy.
(c) Prickly and stubborn.
(d) Funny and a feminist.
5. What is Lisa's occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) A college professor.
(b) A fashion designer.
(c) A children's book illustrator.
(d) A model.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Act 1, Scene 5 open in?
2. What does Scoop insist on calling Heidi at his wedding?
3. Who does Heidi consider the greatest artist of the 17th century?
4. What decision does Susan announce at the women's group meeting in the church basement?
5. What song ends Act 1, Scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the topic of conversation between Heidi and Scoop once Peter and Lisa head off to dance?
2. Describe the subject Heidi discusses in her class in 1989.
3. By reading the Prologue, what facts do we learn about Heidi and the play in general?
4. Scoop Rosenbaum takes a sweeping view of Heidi's personality characteristics. Overall, what are Scoop's feelings towards Heidi? What does he admire?
5. Describe Heidi's personality.
6. Heidi criticizes the painting of Lily Martin Spencer for a particular reason. What is that reason?
7. What is one of Scoop's most unusual personality characteristics?
8. What is Heidi doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
9. Why do you think Heidi decides to leave with Scoop at the end of the evening in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. What is the background of Lisa, Scoop's new wife?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)