|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lisa from?
(a) New York.
(b) San Antonio.
(d) San Diego.
2. How does Heidi begin her path toward feminism?
(a) Diving in with both feet.
(c) Questioning authority.
(d) As a passive creature, waiting to see what would happen.
3. What is Heidi attending when Act 1, Scene 5 opens?
(a) The movies.
(b) The wedding of Scoop and Lisa.
(c) An art exhibit.
(d) Peter's wedding.
4. What does Heidi tell the young man who asks her to dance?
(a) That she is too sick to dance.
(b) That she dislikes him.
(c) That she cannot leave her friend.
(d) That she would love to dance.
5. Who encourages Heidi to join in and not just be a visitor?
Short Answer Questions
1. In this prologue, what is Heidi's topic addressing?
2. What piece of information does Peter share with Heidi in Chicago?
3. What does Scoop do to Heidi at the party?
4. Who arrives and begins to make fun of Heidi's and Debbie's protest?
5. In Act I, Scene I, what element is used to convey Heidi's road to feminism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the topic of conversation between Heidi and Scoop once Peter and Lisa head off to dance?
2. Susan gives Heidi very specific instructions on behavior at the dance. What instructions does Susan give Heidi?
3. What are the societal expectations at the high school dance in the mid-1960's?
4. What is Becky's story in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Describe Heidi's personality.
6. What is the significance of "Ladies Choice" at the dance?
7. What has Susan decided to do in Act, Scene 3 and why?
8. What is one of Scoop's most unusual personality characteristics?
9. How do Heidi and Peter meet?
10. How does Heidi approach the group at the women's consciousness rap group in the church basement?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)