|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Heidi meet at the dance?
2. In what decade does the high school take place?
(a) The 1950's.
(b) The 1960's.
(c) The 1980's.
(d) The 1970's.
3. What event does Heidi mention that provides insight into her former character?
(a) Heidi's first trip to Europe.
(b) Heidi's first love affair.
(c) Heidi's birth.
(d) Heidi's high school dance.
4. The opening scene in Act I, Scene 3 has what song in the background?
(c) Stand by your Man.
(d) Me and Bobby McGee.
5. Where is Lisa from?
(a) San Diego.
(b) San Antonio.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scoop do at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
2. Why does Heidi initially choose not to share her struggle with the women's group in the church basement?
3. Scoop is an editor for which newspaper?
4. What statement segues into Act I, Scene 1?
5. What does Scoop project that Heidi wishes she had more of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Heidi react to Susan's instructions?
2. What is the topic of conversation between Heidi and Scoop once Peter and Lisa head off to dance?
3. When Fran invites Heidi to share, what does Heidi do?
4. Heidi discloses information about herself when mentioning her high school dance. What is that piece of information?
5. What is one of Scoop's most unusual personality characteristics?
6. Why does Heidi's old friend Peter show up at the protest?
7. Describe Heidi's personality.
8. What news does Peter share with Heidi after she pushes him to find a girlfriend? Why is he frustrated?
9. What has Susan decided to do in Act, Scene 3 and why?
10. What is one personality characteristic that Scoop sees in Heidi and how does he feel about this characteristic?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)