|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song do Heidi and her friend dance to at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) "Ramblin' Man."
(b) "When a Man Loves a Woman."
(c) The "Shoop Shoop Song."
(d) "Born to be Wild."
2. What are Susan's feelings regarding the women's movement in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Susan wants to punish men.
(b) Susan views it as outdated.
(c) Susan wants to protest.
(d) Susan wishes women took it more seriously.
3. Why does Heidi think the artist is "copping out" in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) By posing men above women.
(b) By refusing to paint real women.
(c) By painting farm scenes.
(d) For drawing the head in traditional male portraiture.
4. What kind of talk does Heidi deliver instead in Act 2, Scene 4?
(c) Painfully honest, and at times humorous.
5. How does Heidi hope to escape loneliness?
(a) By getting a dog.
(b) Through solidaritiy with other women.
(c) Through her relationship with Scoop.
(d) Through her relationship with Peter.
6. Who is Susan's new assistant in Act 2, Scene 3?
7. Where is Heidi speaking at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Feminist group meeting.
(b) Peter's medical association.
(c) Scoop's staff.
(d) Luncheon for her high school alumni association.
8. What is Susan's next career move in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Executive vice president for a production company in Los Angeles.
(b) State judge.
(c) Reality TV star.
(d) Attorney general for the state.
9. What organization does Heidi direct during Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Women in Action.
(b) Women's Art.
(c) Women for a Change.
(d) Feminism Lives.
10. Who are the other two guests who join Heidi on the show in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Susan and Molly.
(b) Lisa and Jill.
(c) Scoop and Peter.
(d) Becky and Susan.
11. What title did Peter Petrone receive in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Most eligible bachelor.
(b) Best pediatrician in New York under the age of 40.
(c) Most handsome doctor in New York.
(d) Most improved medical student.
12. What admission does Heidi make at the end of her presentation in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) That she feels stranded.
(b) That she is in love with a married man.
(c) That she is tired of pretending to be happy.
(d) That women have made a huge mistake.
13. What year does Act 2, Scene 4 take place in?
14. What does Heidi like from the same artist that she criticizes in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) The use of black and red in the painting.
(c) The use of light and color.
(d) The children in the painting.
15. How does Heidi practice her feminism in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) Heidi watches society and paves the way for her students.
(b) Heidi puts down housewives.
(c) Heidi speaks ill of men.
(d) Heidi marches in protest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year and season does Act 2, Scene 5 open with?
2. What kind of talk was the audience expecting from Heidi in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. What is Heidi doing in the prologue to Act 2?
4. Where does Heidi compare herself to other women?
5. In Act 2, Scene 3, how does Heidi differ from her luncheon partner/friend?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)