|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Heidi's friend's reaction to her moving?
(a) Heidi's friend tries to go with her.
(b) Heidi's friend takes her out for dinner.
(c) Heidi's friend is hurt and angry.
(d) Heidi's friend is happy for her.
2. What does Heidi like from the same artist that she criticizes in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) The use of black and red in the painting.
(c) The use of light and color.
(d) The children in the painting.
3. What happens to the TV segment in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Lisa calls in and tells Scoop to pack up.
(b) It turns into a competition between Peter and Scoop.
(c) Scoop kisses Heidi.
(d) Peter tells Scoop to leave Heidi alone.
4. What disease is discussed in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Heart disease.
5. How does Heidi differentiate the paintings in the prologue of Act 2 as uniquely female?
(a) The colors are softer.
(b) The primary characters are female in the paintings.
(c) Women slightly removed, yet watching closely.
(d) Edges are jagged.
6. What hotel is Heidi speaking at in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Ritz Carlton.
(b) Plaza Hotel
7. What is the topic of Heidi's speech during Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) "Women, when are we giving up?
(b) "Women, where are we going?"
(c) "Women, are we doing any good?"
(d) "Women, what about our past?"
8. What does this Prologue to Act 2 foreshadow?
(a) Heidi's marriage.
(b) Heidi ending her relationship with Scoop.
(c) Heidi's job change.
(d) Conclusions Heidi comes to on her journey in the 1980's.
9. Based on her friend's reaction at the end of Act 2, Scene 5, what does Heidi decide to do?
(a) Postpone leaving indefinitely.
(b) Move to Hawaii.
(c) Take her friend with her.
(d) Retire in New York.
10. What song do Heidi and her friend dance to at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) The "Shoop Shoop Song."
(b) "Ramblin' Man."
(c) "Born to be Wild."
(d) "When a Man Loves a Woman."
11. What is the name of the morning show that Heidi appears on?
(a) "AM San Diego."
(b) "Hello, New York."
(c) "Early Show New York."
(d) "Good morning, Chicago."
12. What does Heidi do to comfort her friend during Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Heidi gets a drink for her friend.
(b) Heidi initiates the conversation they shared at their high school dance.
(c) Heidi takes her friend to lunch.
(d) Heidi gives her friend a hug.
13. How does Heidi practice her feminism in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) Heidi speaks ill of men.
(b) Heidi watches society and paves the way for her students.
(c) Heidi marches in protest.
(d) Heidi puts down housewives.
14. What is Heidi's primary reason for leaving New York in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Heidi is following a boyfriend who is moving.
(b) Heidi is tired of her friends and wants to move on.
(c) No romantic interest and no reason to stay.
(d) Heidi is tired of traffic.
15. What song is playing in the background as Act 2, Scene 1 opens?
(a) "Sail Away."
(b) "Bette Davis Eyes."
(c) "Every Breath You Take."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Heidi currently doing during Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What happens with Heidi's romantic relationship in Europe?
3. What kind of talk was the audience expecting from Heidi in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What are Heidi's feelings toward other women in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Where has Heidi been since Lisa and Scoop's wedding?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)