|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song do Heidi and her friend dance to at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) "Born to be Wild."
(b) "Ramblin' Man."
(c) "When a Man Loves a Woman."
(d) The "Shoop Shoop Song."
2. Where is Heidi speaking at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Peter's medical association.
(b) Luncheon for her high school alumni association.
(c) Feminist group meeting.
(d) Scoop's staff.
3. What organization does Heidi direct during Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Feminism Lives.
(b) Women for a Change.
(c) Women's Art.
(d) Women in Action.
4. What happens during the TV interview in Scene 2?
(a) Scoop shares confidential information.
(b) Scoop and Peter take over and steal the show.
(c) Heidi runs the interview.
(d) Peter announces he is gay.
5. What does Scoop try to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Tries unsuccessfully to talk to Peter.
(b) Chase Heidi out the door.
(c) Tries to ask April out for lunch.
(d) Invite the two to have lunch with him.
6. Why does Heidi think the artist is "copping out" in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) By refusing to paint real women.
(b) By posing men above women.
(c) For drawing the head in traditional male portraiture.
(d) By painting farm scenes.
7. What does Heidi like from the same artist that she criticizes in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) The use of light and color.
(c) The children in the painting.
(d) The use of black and red in the painting.
8. What does Heidi say about feminism during this presentation?
(a) That it is a lost cause.
(b) That feminism is for social equality.
(c) The point of feminism is that no woman should ever feel stranded.
(d) That men should participate in the journey.
9. What hotel is Heidi speaking at in Act 2, Scene 4?
(b) Plaza Hotel
(d) Ritz Carlton.
10. How does Heidi differentiate the paintings in the prologue of Act 2 as uniquely female?
(a) Women slightly removed, yet watching closely.
(b) Edges are jagged.
(c) The colors are softer.
(d) The primary characters are female in the paintings.
11. In the Prologue to Act 2, what is Heidi critical of in terms of feminism?
(a) Men who are chauvenist.
(b) Women who are subservient.
(c) Women who forgot the feminist journey.
(d) Feminism that thinks like and values patriarchial views.
12. What is the name of Scoop's magazine?
(b) Generation X.
(c) The Bomb.
(d) Lovin' Life.
13. What hurts Heidi the most in regard to Peter and this interview situation in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Peter was more interested in male competition than hearing her voice.
(b) That Peter stuck up for Scoop.
(c) Peter focuses the interview just on him.
(d) That Peter flirted with April.
14. What decision does Heidi make regarding the new show?
(a) Heidi says she wants to be the producer.
(b) Heidi says she'll move from New York to appear on the show.
(c) Heidi agrees to help out.
(d) Heidi wants no part of it.
15. What is Heidi doing in the prologue to Act 2?
(a) Visiting her parents.
(b) Having coffee with Susan.
(c) Visiting with Scoop and Lisa.
(d) Lecturing to her class at Columbia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heidi do to comfort her friend during Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What are the subjects of the painting Heidi is criticizing in the Prologue to Act 2?
3. What happens with Heidi's romantic relationship in Europe?
4. What are Heidi's feelings toward other women in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Who is Susan's new assistant in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)