|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of the new show that Susan and Denise are developing in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Single women and whether they regret their choices.
(b) Starting your own business.
(c) Successful women attorneys.
(d) Successful women artists.
2. Who is Lisa' sister?
3. What happens with Heidi's romantic relationship in Europe?
(a) She is engaged, but the engagement is broken.
(b) He follows her to the United States.
(c) Heidi becomes pregnant.
(d) They move in together.
4. What is Heidi's lunch partner constantly doing during lunch in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Criticizing Heidi.
(b) Working the room.
(c) Talking about their new lover.
(d) Complaining about their life.
5. Based on her friend's reaction at the end of Act 2, Scene 5, what does Heidi decide to do?
(a) Move to Hawaii.
(b) Take her friend with her.
(c) Postpone leaving indefinitely.
(d) Retire in New York.
6. What year does Act 2, Scene 1 open in ?
7. What does Heidi like from the same artist that she criticizes in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) The use of black and red in the painting.
(c) The use of light and color.
(d) The children in the painting.
8. What is the emotional status of Heidi's friend in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Anxious about working in the medical field.
(b) Postive and upbeat.
(c) Melancholy - just ended a relationship.
(d) Excited about working in a hospital.
9. In the Prologue to Act 2, what is Heidi critical of in terms of feminism?
(a) Women who forgot the feminist journey.
(b) Women who are subservient.
(c) Feminism that thinks like and values patriarchial views.
(d) Men who are chauvenist.
10. How does Heidi hope to escape loneliness?
(a) Through solidaritiy with other women.
(b) Through her relationship with Scoop.
(c) By getting a dog.
(d) Through her relationship with Peter.
11. What does this Prologue to Act 2 foreshadow?
(a) Heidi's marriage.
(b) Heidi's job change.
(c) Heidi ending her relationship with Scoop.
(d) Conclusions Heidi comes to on her journey in the 1980's.
12. What are Susan's feelings regarding the women's movement in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Susan views it as outdated.
(b) Susan wants to protest.
(c) Susan wishes women took it more seriously.
(d) Susan wants to punish men.
13. What does Heidi do to comfort her friend during Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Heidi gives her friend a hug.
(b) Heidi initiates the conversation they shared at their high school dance.
(c) Heidi gets a drink for her friend.
(d) Heidi takes her friend to lunch.
14. What is the name of Scoop's magazine?
(a) Generation X.
(b) The Bomb.
(c) Lovin' Life.
15. Who does Heidi come to tell good-bye in Act 2, Scene 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Heidi's friend's reaction to her moving?
2. How does Heidi open her presentation in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. Where is Heidi speaking at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What class is Heidi teaching in the Prologue to Act 2?
5. How does Heidi differentiate the paintings in the prologue of Act 2 as uniquely female?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)