|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of Heidi's speech during Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) "Women, where are we going?"
(b) "Women, what about our past?"
(c) "Women, are we doing any good?"
(d) "Women, when are we giving up?
2. What hurts Heidi the most in regard to Peter and this interview situation in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) That Peter stuck up for Scoop.
(b) Peter was more interested in male competition than hearing her voice.
(c) That Peter flirted with April.
(d) Peter focuses the interview just on him.
3. What kind of talk was the audience expecting from Heidi in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) One full of school memories.
(b) Nice and polite.
(c) Fist-pounding and lecturing.
(d) Persuasive, so they would contribute monetarily.
4. What appears to be Heidi's emotional state in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What is the topic of the new show that Susan and Denise are developing in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Starting your own business.
(b) Successful women attorneys.
(c) Successful women artists.
(d) Single women and whether they regret their choices.
6. What admission does Heidi make at the end of her presentation in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) That she is in love with a married man.
(b) That she is tired of pretending to be happy.
(c) That women have made a huge mistake.
(d) That she feels stranded.
7. How many years after Act 2, Scene 1 is Heidi finally on the news program?
8. In the Prologue to Act 2, what is Heidi critical of in terms of feminism?
(a) Women who are subservient.
(b) Men who are chauvenist.
(c) Women who forgot the feminist journey.
(d) Feminism that thinks like and values patriarchial views.
9. What year does Act 2, Scene 4 take place in?
10. What song do Heidi and her friend dance to at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) "When a Man Loves a Woman."
(b) The "Shoop Shoop Song."
(c) "Ramblin' Man."
(d) "Born to be Wild."
11. What is Heidi doing in the prologue to Act 2?
(a) Visiting her parents.
(b) Having coffee with Susan.
(c) Visiting with Scoop and Lisa.
(d) Lecturing to her class at Columbia.
12. What is the name of the morning show that Heidi appears on?
(a) "AM San Diego."
(b) "Hello, New York."
(c) "Good morning, Chicago."
(d) "Early Show New York."
13. What is Heidi's primary reason for leaving New York in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Heidi is tired of her friends and wants to move on.
(b) Heidi is tired of traffic.
(c) Heidi is following a boyfriend who is moving.
(d) No romantic interest and no reason to stay.
14. What is Heidi's friend's reaction to her moving?
(a) Heidi's friend is happy for her.
(b) Heidi's friend tries to go with her.
(c) Heidi's friend is hurt and angry.
(d) Heidi's friend takes her out for dinner.
15. What class is Heidi teaching in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) Creative writing.
(b) Communication studies.
(c) Gender issues.
(d) Art history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lisa's sister's occupation?
2. What title did Peter Petrone receive in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. In Act 2, Scene 3, how does Heidi differ from her luncheon partner/friend?
4. Who is left alone on the set as Act 2, Scene 2 is ending?
5. What year and season does Act 2, Scene 5 open with?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)