|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Heidi going in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) On a cruise.
(b) To the Midwest.
(c) To visit Scoop and Lisa.
(d) To dinner with a friend.
2. Who else has been invited to this lunch with Heidi and her friend in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Who is left alone on the set as Act 2, Scene 2 is ending?
4. What has Heidi done professionally since Lisa and Scoop's wedding?
(a) Heidi is dean of an art school.
(b) Published a book of essays to great reviews.
(c) Married and divorced.
(d) Heidi becomes a museum curator.
5. What does Scoop try to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Tries to ask April out for lunch.
(b) Tries unsuccessfully to talk to Peter.
(c) Invite the two to have lunch with him.
(d) Chase Heidi out the door.
6. What organization does Heidi direct during Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Women for a Change.
(b) Feminism Lives.
(c) Women in Action.
(d) Women's Art.
7. What hotel is Heidi speaking at in Act 2, Scene 4?
(b) Plaza Hotel
(d) Ritz Carlton.
8. What happens to the TV segment in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) It turns into a competition between Peter and Scoop.
(b) Peter tells Scoop to leave Heidi alone.
(c) Scoop kisses Heidi.
(d) Lisa calls in and tells Scoop to pack up.
9. What song is playing in the background as Act 2, Scene 1 opens?
(a) "Bette Davis Eyes."
(b) "Every Breath You Take."
(c) "Sail Away."
10. What is Heidi's lunch partner constantly doing during lunch in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Criticizing Heidi.
(b) Talking about their new lover.
(c) Complaining about their life.
(d) Working the room.
11. Where does Heidi compare herself to other women?
(a) At her exercise class.
(b) At her writing class.
(c) At her music class.
(d) At her art class.
12. How does Heidi differentiate the paintings in the prologue of Act 2 as uniquely female?
(a) Edges are jagged.
(b) Women slightly removed, yet watching closely.
(c) The primary characters are female in the paintings.
(d) The colors are softer.
13. How does Scoop portray himself on the news program in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) As a ladies' man.
(b) As a lazy bum.
(c) As a hard-working professional.
(d) As the quintessential family man.
14. What admission does Heidi make at the end of her presentation in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) That she is tired of pretending to be happy.
(b) That women have made a huge mistake.
(c) That she is in love with a married man.
(d) That she feels stranded.
15. What is Susan's next career move in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Reality TV star.
(b) Executive vice president for a production company in Los Angeles.
(c) State judge.
(d) Attorney general for the state.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Act 2, Scene 1 open in ?
2. Who are the other two guests who join Heidi on the show in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. In Act 2, Scene 3, how does Heidi differ from her luncheon partner/friend?
4. How is Heidi feeling toward both men at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What kind of talk was the audience expecting from Heidi in Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)