|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Heidi going in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) On a cruise.
(b) To dinner with a friend.
(c) To visit Scoop and Lisa.
(d) To the Midwest.
2. What is Heidi's friend's reaction to her moving?
(a) Heidi's friend is hurt and angry.
(b) Heidi's friend tries to go with her.
(c) Heidi's friend takes her out for dinner.
(d) Heidi's friend is happy for her.
3. Who else has been invited to this lunch with Heidi and her friend in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What is Heidi's lunch partner constantly doing during lunch in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Working the room.
(b) Criticizing Heidi.
(c) Talking about their new lover.
(d) Complaining about their life.
5. What event is taking place in Act 2, Scene 1, that brings the friends back together?
(a) Heidi's graduation from graduate school.
(b) Susan's wedding.
(c) Lisa's baby shower.
(d) Peter's graduation from medical school.
6. What does Heidi do to comfort her friend during Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Heidi initiates the conversation they shared at their high school dance.
(b) Heidi gets a drink for her friend.
(c) Heidi gives her friend a hug.
(d) Heidi takes her friend to lunch.
7. Based on her friend's reaction at the end of Act 2, Scene 5, what does Heidi decide to do?
(a) Postpone leaving indefinitely.
(b) Retire in New York.
(c) Take her friend with her.
(d) Move to Hawaii.
8. What year does Act 2, Scene 3 open in?
9. How does Scoop portray himself on the news program in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) As a lazy bum.
(b) As a hard-working professional.
(c) As a ladies' man.
(d) As the quintessential family man.
10. What hurts Heidi the most in regard to Peter and this interview situation in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) That Peter stuck up for Scoop.
(b) Peter was more interested in male competition than hearing her voice.
(c) Peter focuses the interview just on him.
(d) That Peter flirted with April.
11. What is Heidi currently doing during Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Heidi is arguing with Peter.
(b) Teaching at Columbia and putting on art shows.
(c) Heidi is involved with a married man.
(d) Heidi is living with her parents.
12. What happens with Heidi's romantic relationship in Europe?
(a) He follows her to the United States.
(b) Heidi becomes pregnant.
(c) They move in together.
(d) She is engaged, but the engagement is broken.
13. What kind of talk was the audience expecting from Heidi in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Fist-pounding and lecturing.
(b) One full of school memories.
(c) Nice and polite.
(d) Persuasive, so they would contribute monetarily.
14. What are Susan's feelings regarding the women's movement in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Susan wants to protest.
(b) Susan wishes women took it more seriously.
(c) Susan views it as outdated.
(d) Susan wants to punish men.
15. Who are the other two guests who join Heidi on the show in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Lisa and Jill.
(b) Susan and Molly.
(c) Scoop and Peter.
(d) Becky and Susan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the agenda of this lunch between Heidi and her friend in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What admission does Heidi make at the end of her presentation in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. What happens to the TV segment in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is the purpose of the organization that Heidi directs in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is the topic of the new show that Susan and Denise are developing in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)