|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Heidi been since Lisa and Scoop's wedding?
(b) Traveling the world.
(c) In Central America.
(d) In Europe.
2. What title did Peter Petrone receive in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Most improved medical student.
(b) Best pediatrician in New York under the age of 40.
(c) Most handsome doctor in New York.
(d) Most eligible bachelor.
3. What is Susan's next career move in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) State judge.
(b) Reality TV star.
(c) Attorney general for the state.
(d) Executive vice president for a production company in Los Angeles.
4. What admission does Heidi make at the end of her presentation in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) That she is tired of pretending to be happy.
(b) That she is in love with a married man.
(c) That she feels stranded.
(d) That women have made a huge mistake.
5. What does Heidi like from the same artist that she criticizes in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) The children in the painting.
(b) The use of light and color.
(d) The use of black and red in the painting.
6. What event is taking place in Act 2, Scene 1, that brings the friends back together?
(a) Heidi's graduation from graduate school.
(b) Susan's wedding.
(c) Peter's graduation from medical school.
(d) Lisa's baby shower.
7. What symbolizes Heidi's discontent with the direction of feminism in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) Heidi's reaction to Susan's new job.
(b) Heidi's reaction to Scoop's discussion of Lisa.
(c) Criticism of the painter who fell back on traditional lines when drawing the head.
(d) Heidi's reaction to Peter's lifestyle.
8. What are Heidi's feelings toward other women in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Heidi has lost patience with other women's choices.
(b) Heidi feels sorry for other women.
(c) Heidi feels in constant competition with other women.
(d) Heidi feels dislike for other women.
9. What is the agenda of this lunch between Heidi and her friend in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) To ask Heidi to move to California.
(b) To ask Heidi to talk to Scoop.
(c) To ask Heidi to be a consultant for Susan's new show.
(d) To ask Heidi to consider a blind date.
10. What is Heidi's lunch partner constantly doing during lunch in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Talking about their new lover.
(b) Criticizing Heidi.
(c) Working the room.
(d) Complaining about their life.
11. How is Heidi feeling toward both men at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
12. What is Heidi currently doing during Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Teaching at Columbia and putting on art shows.
(b) Heidi is arguing with Peter.
(c) Heidi is living with her parents.
(d) Heidi is involved with a married man.
13. Why is Heidi late to the event in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Heidi attends John Lennon's memorial service in Central Park.
(b) Heidi had a blind date.
(c) Heidi had a tryst with Scoop.
(d) Heidi's sister just had a baby.
14. What is the name of Scoop's magazine?
(b) Lovin' Life.
(c) The Bomb.
(d) Generation X.
15. How does Scoop portray himself on the news program in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) As a ladies' man.
(b) As a lazy bum.
(c) As the quintessential family man.
(d) As a hard-working professional.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else is Heidi discontented with in the Prologue to Act 2?
2. What year does Act 2, Scene 1 open in ?
3. Where is Heidi going in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. Who is Lisa' sister?
5. How many years after Act 2, Scene 1 is Heidi finally on the news program?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)