|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Heidi make regarding the new show?
(a) Heidi wants no part of it.
(b) Heidi says she'll move from New York to appear on the show.
(c) Heidi agrees to help out.
(d) Heidi says she wants to be the producer.
2. Who does Heidi come to tell good-bye in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. What kind of talk does Heidi deliver instead in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Painfully honest, and at times humorous.
4. In the Prologue to Act 2, what is Heidi critical of in terms of feminism?
(a) Women who are subservient.
(b) Women who forgot the feminist journey.
(c) Men who are chauvenist.
(d) Feminism that thinks like and values patriarchial views.
5. What year and season does Act 2, Scene 5 open with?
(a) New Year's Day, 1992.
(b) Thanksgiving, 1986.
(c) Christmas Eve, 1987.
(d) Valentine's Day, 1987.
6. What is the topic of Heidi's speech during Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) "Women, where are we going?"
(b) "Women, are we doing any good?"
(c) "Women, what about our past?"
(d) "Women, when are we giving up?
7. Where is Heidi speaking at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Feminist group meeting.
(b) Peter's medical association.
(c) Scoop's staff.
(d) Luncheon for her high school alumni association.
8. How does Scoop portray himself on the news program in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) As the quintessential family man.
(b) As a lazy bum.
(c) As a hard-working professional.
(d) As a ladies' man.
9. What does Heidi say about feminism during this presentation?
(a) The point of feminism is that no woman should ever feel stranded.
(b) That it is a lost cause.
(c) That feminism is for social equality.
(d) That men should participate in the journey.
10. What are the subjects of the painting Heidi is criticizing in the Prologue to Act 2?
(c) Ocean animals.
(d) Children at play.
11. What is the emotional status of Heidi's friend in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Melancholy - just ended a relationship.
(b) Anxious about working in the medical field.
(c) Postive and upbeat.
(d) Excited about working in a hospital.
12. What title did Peter Petrone receive in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Most improved medical student.
(b) Most handsome doctor in New York.
(c) Most eligible bachelor.
(d) Best pediatrician in New York under the age of 40.
13. What song is playing in the background as Act 2, Scene 1 opens?
(a) "Bette Davis Eyes."
(b) "Every Breath You Take."
(d) "Sail Away."
14. What is the name of Scoop's magazine?
(a) The Bomb.
(c) Lovin' Life.
(d) Generation X.
15. What does Heidi like from the same artist that she criticizes in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) The use of black and red in the painting.
(b) The children in the painting.
(c) The use of light and color.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else is Heidi discontented with in the Prologue to Act 2?
2. What is Heidi currently doing during Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What hotel is Heidi speaking at in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What does Heidi prefer that an artist do?
5. What year does Act 2, Scene 3 open in?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)