|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Heidi doing in the prologue to Act 2?
(a) Lecturing to her class at Columbia.
(b) Visiting with Scoop and Lisa.
(c) Visiting her parents.
(d) Having coffee with Susan.
2. What hotel is Heidi speaking at in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Ritz Carlton.
(c) Plaza Hotel
3. What year does Act 2, Scene 4 take place in?
4. Who is Susan's new assistant in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What happens to the TV segment in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Scoop kisses Heidi.
(b) It turns into a competition between Peter and Scoop.
(c) Peter tells Scoop to leave Heidi alone.
(d) Lisa calls in and tells Scoop to pack up.
6. What song do Heidi and her friend dance to at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) "When a Man Loves a Woman."
(b) "Born to be Wild."
(c) "Ramblin' Man."
(d) The "Shoop Shoop Song."
7. What decision does Heidi make regarding the new show?
(a) Heidi wants no part of it.
(b) Heidi says she wants to be the producer.
(c) Heidi says she'll move from New York to appear on the show.
(d) Heidi agrees to help out.
8. What does Heidi do to comfort her friend during Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Heidi takes her friend to lunch.
(b) Heidi initiates the conversation they shared at their high school dance.
(c) Heidi gets a drink for her friend.
(d) Heidi gives her friend a hug.
9. What does Scoop try to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Invite the two to have lunch with him.
(b) Tries unsuccessfully to talk to Peter.
(c) Chase Heidi out the door.
(d) Tries to ask April out for lunch.
10. What event is taking place in Act 2, Scene 1, that brings the friends back together?
(a) Peter's graduation from medical school.
(b) Lisa's baby shower.
(c) Heidi's graduation from graduate school.
(d) Susan's wedding.
11. What is Heidi currently doing during Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Heidi is involved with a married man.
(b) Heidi is arguing with Peter.
(c) Heidi is living with her parents.
(d) Teaching at Columbia and putting on art shows.
12. What does Heidi say about feminism during this presentation?
(a) That feminism is for social equality.
(b) That it is a lost cause.
(c) That men should participate in the journey.
(d) The point of feminism is that no woman should ever feel stranded.
13. How is Heidi feeling toward both men at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
14. How does Heidi differentiate the paintings in the prologue of Act 2 as uniquely female?
(a) The primary characters are female in the paintings.
(b) Edges are jagged.
(c) The colors are softer.
(d) Women slightly removed, yet watching closely.
15. What class is Heidi teaching in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) Communication studies.
(b) Art history.
(c) Creative writing.
(d) Gender issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after Act 2, Scene 1 is Heidi finally on the news program?
2. What hurts Heidi the most in regard to Peter and this interview situation in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. In the Prologue to Act 2, what is Heidi critical of in terms of feminism?
4. What does Heidi prefer that an artist do?
5. What year and season does Act 2, Scene 5 open with?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)