|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Heidi doing in the prologue to Act 2?
(a) Lecturing to her class at Columbia.
(b) Visiting her parents.
(c) Having coffee with Susan.
(d) Visiting with Scoop and Lisa.
2. Who are the other two guests who join Heidi on the show in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Becky and Susan.
(b) Lisa and Jill.
(c) Scoop and Peter.
(d) Susan and Molly.
3. What appears to be Heidi's emotional state in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. How does Scoop portray himself on the news program in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) As a ladies' man.
(b) As a lazy bum.
(c) As a hard-working professional.
(d) As the quintessential family man.
5. What year does Act 2, Scene 3 open in?
6. How does Heidi hope to escape loneliness?
(a) Through her relationship with Scoop.
(b) By getting a dog.
(c) Through her relationship with Peter.
(d) Through solidaritiy with other women.
7. In Act 2, Scene 3, how does Heidi differ from her luncheon partner/friend?
(a) Heidi is very assertive toward the opposite sex.
(b) Heidi rejects what does not feel honest to her.
(c) Heidi changes apartments frequently.
(d) Heidi is not happy in her occupation.
8. What is Lisa's sister's occupation?
(a) Career student.
(b) Radio announcer.
(c) Production assistant on a morning show.
9. Where has Heidi been since Lisa and Scoop's wedding?
(b) Traveling the world.
(c) In Central America.
(d) In Europe.
10. Who else has been invited to this lunch with Heidi and her friend in Act 2, Scene 3?
11. What is the name of Scoop's magazine?
(a) Lovin' Life.
(b) Generation X.
(c) The Bomb.
12. What are the subjects of the painting Heidi is criticizing in the Prologue to Act 2?
(b) Ocean animals.
(d) Children at play.
13. What is the emotional status of Heidi's friend in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Excited about working in a hospital.
(b) Anxious about working in the medical field.
(c) Melancholy - just ended a relationship.
(d) Postive and upbeat.
14. What hotel is Heidi speaking at in Act 2, Scene 4?
(c) Plaza Hotel
(d) Ritz Carlton.
15. Why is Heidi late to the event in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Heidi had a blind date.
(b) Heidi had a tryst with Scoop.
(c) Heidi's sister just had a baby.
(d) Heidi attends John Lennon's memorial service in Central Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Heidi think the artist is "copping out" in the Prologue to Act 2?
2. What is the agenda of this lunch between Heidi and her friend in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What happens with Heidi's romantic relationship in Europe?
4. What happens during the TV interview in Scene 2?
5. What kind of talk was the audience expecting from Heidi in Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)