|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease is discussed in Act 2, Scene 5?
(d) Heart disease.
2. What is Susan's next career move in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Executive vice president for a production company in Los Angeles.
(b) Reality TV star.
(c) Attorney general for the state.
(d) State judge.
3. Who is Lisa' sister?
4. What song is playing in the background as Act 2, Scene 1 opens?
(a) "Every Breath You Take."
(c) "Sail Away."
(d) "Bette Davis Eyes."
5. What does Heidi like from the same artist that she criticizes in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) The use of light and color.
(c) The children in the painting.
(d) The use of black and red in the painting.
6. What is the topic of the new show that Susan and Denise are developing in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Successful women artists.
(b) Successful women attorneys.
(c) Single women and whether they regret their choices.
(d) Starting your own business.
7. What happens with Heidi's romantic relationship in Europe?
(a) He follows her to the United States.
(b) She is engaged, but the engagement is broken.
(c) They move in together.
(d) Heidi becomes pregnant.
8. What year does Act 2, Scene 3 open in?
9. What does Heidi say about feminism during this presentation?
(a) That it is a lost cause.
(b) The point of feminism is that no woman should ever feel stranded.
(c) That feminism is for social equality.
(d) That men should participate in the journey.
10. Who is left alone on the set as Act 2, Scene 2 is ending?
11. What is the purpose of the organization that Heidi directs in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Recognizing American women artists.
(b) Feeding the poor.
(c) Finding homes for battered women.
(d) Scholarships for young women.
12. What event is taking place in Act 2, Scene 1, that brings the friends back together?
(a) Heidi's graduation from graduate school.
(b) Lisa's baby shower.
(c) Peter's graduation from medical school.
(d) Susan's wedding.
13. Why is Heidi late to the event in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Heidi attends John Lennon's memorial service in Central Park.
(b) Heidi's sister just had a baby.
(c) Heidi had a tryst with Scoop.
(d) Heidi had a blind date.
14. How does Heidi differentiate the paintings in the prologue of Act 2 as uniquely female?
(a) Edges are jagged.
(b) Women slightly removed, yet watching closely.
(c) The primary characters are female in the paintings.
(d) The colors are softer.
15. What is Heidi doing in the prologue to Act 2?
(a) Lecturing to her class at Columbia.
(b) Having coffee with Susan.
(c) Visiting her parents.
(d) Visiting with Scoop and Lisa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Heidi make regarding the new show?
2. Who is Susan's new assistant in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What kind of talk does Heidi deliver instead in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. How does Heidi open her presentation in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Where is Heidi speaking at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)