|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Heidi's feelings toward other women in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Heidi feels dislike for other women.
(b) Heidi feels sorry for other women.
(c) Heidi feels in constant competition with other women.
(d) Heidi has lost patience with other women's choices.
2. What happens with Heidi's romantic relationship in Europe?
(a) She is engaged, but the engagement is broken.
(b) Heidi becomes pregnant.
(c) They move in together.
(d) He follows her to the United States.
3. What class is Heidi teaching in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) Creative writing.
(b) Art history.
(c) Communication studies.
(d) Gender issues.
4. What is Heidi doing in the prologue to Act 2?
(a) Visiting her parents.
(b) Lecturing to her class at Columbia.
(c) Having coffee with Susan.
(d) Visiting with Scoop and Lisa.
5. Who is Susan's new assistant in Act 2, Scene 3?
6. How does Heidi differentiate the paintings in the prologue of Act 2 as uniquely female?
(a) The primary characters are female in the paintings.
(b) Women slightly removed, yet watching closely.
(c) Edges are jagged.
(d) The colors are softer.
7. What is Lisa's sister's occupation?
(a) Career student.
(b) Production assistant on a morning show.
(c) Radio announcer.
8. What does Heidi prefer that an artist do?
(a) Lose her edge in favor of paint and light.
(b) Not paint unless she is talented.
(c) Paint landscape.
(d) Display her work in a gallery.
9. What is the name of Scoop's magazine?
(a) The Bomb.
(b) Lovin' Life.
(d) Generation X.
10. Who else has been invited to this lunch with Heidi and her friend in Act 2, Scene 3?
11. What does this Prologue to Act 2 foreshadow?
(a) Heidi ending her relationship with Scoop.
(b) Heidi's job change.
(c) Conclusions Heidi comes to on her journey in the 1980's.
(d) Heidi's marriage.
12. What is Susan's next career move in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Reality TV star.
(b) Executive vice president for a production company in Los Angeles.
(c) Attorney general for the state.
(d) State judge.
13. What does Scoop try to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Tries unsuccessfully to talk to Peter.
(b) Invite the two to have lunch with him.
(c) Chase Heidi out the door.
(d) Tries to ask April out for lunch.
14. In Act 2, Scene 3, how does Heidi differ from her luncheon partner/friend?
(a) Heidi changes apartments frequently.
(b) Heidi is not happy in her occupation.
(c) Heidi rejects what does not feel honest to her.
(d) Heidi is very assertive toward the opposite sex.
15. What does Heidi like from the same artist that she criticizes in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) The use of black and red in the painting.
(b) The use of light and color.
(c) The children in the painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Heidi late to the event in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What hurts Heidi the most in regard to Peter and this interview situation in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Heidi say about feminism during this presentation?
4. What song is playing in the background as Act 2, Scene 1 opens?
5. What is the agenda of this lunch between Heidi and her friend in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)