|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song is playing in the background as Act 2, Scene 1 opens?
(a) "Sail Away."
(c) "Every Breath You Take."
(d) "Bette Davis Eyes."
2. Who is Heidi meeting for lunch in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What is the name of Scoop's magazine?
(b) The Bomb.
(c) Lovin' Life.
(d) Generation X.
4. In the Prologue to Act 2, what is Heidi critical of in terms of feminism?
(a) Feminism that thinks like and values patriarchial views.
(b) Women who forgot the feminist journey.
(c) Men who are chauvenist.
(d) Women who are subservient.
5. What is Heidi's lunch partner constantly doing during lunch in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Working the room.
(b) Complaining about their life.
(c) Criticizing Heidi.
(d) Talking about their new lover.
6. What are the subjects of the painting Heidi is criticizing in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) Ocean animals.
(d) Children at play.
7. What happens with Heidi's romantic relationship in Europe?
(a) She is engaged, but the engagement is broken.
(b) Heidi becomes pregnant.
(c) He follows her to the United States.
(d) They move in together.
8. What is Heidi's primary reason for leaving New York in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Heidi is following a boyfriend who is moving.
(b) No romantic interest and no reason to stay.
(c) Heidi is tired of traffic.
(d) Heidi is tired of her friends and wants to move on.
9. What are Heidi's feelings toward other women in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Heidi feels in constant competition with other women.
(b) Heidi feels sorry for other women.
(c) Heidi feels dislike for other women.
(d) Heidi has lost patience with other women's choices.
10. How is Heidi feeling toward both men at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
11. What year does Act 2, Scene 1 open in ?
12. What symbolizes Heidi's discontent with the direction of feminism in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) Heidi's reaction to Peter's lifestyle.
(b) Heidi's reaction to Scoop's discussion of Lisa.
(c) Criticism of the painter who fell back on traditional lines when drawing the head.
(d) Heidi's reaction to Susan's new job.
13. What is the emotional status of Heidi's friend in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Melancholy - just ended a relationship.
(b) Anxious about working in the medical field.
(c) Excited about working in a hospital.
(d) Postive and upbeat.
14. What is Lisa's sister's occupation?
(b) Production assistant on a morning show.
(c) Career student.
(d) Radio announcer.
15. What does Scoop try to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Chase Heidi out the door.
(b) Invite the two to have lunch with him.
(c) Tries unsuccessfully to talk to Peter.
(d) Tries to ask April out for lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on her friend's reaction at the end of Act 2, Scene 5, what does Heidi decide to do?
2. How does Heidi differentiate the paintings in the prologue of Act 2 as uniquely female?
3. Who is Lisa' sister?
4. What hurts Heidi the most in regard to Peter and this interview situation in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. How many years after Act 2, Scene 1 is Heidi finally on the news program?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)