|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the morning show that Heidi appears on?
(a) "AM San Diego."
(b) "Early Show New York."
(c) "Hello, New York."
(d) "Good morning, Chicago."
2. What symbolizes Heidi's discontent with the direction of feminism in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) Heidi's reaction to Scoop's discussion of Lisa.
(b) Criticism of the painter who fell back on traditional lines when drawing the head.
(c) Heidi's reaction to Susan's new job.
(d) Heidi's reaction to Peter's lifestyle.
3. What is Lisa's sister's occupation?
(a) Radio announcer.
(c) Production assistant on a morning show.
(d) Career student.
4. What title did Peter Petrone receive in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Most handsome doctor in New York.
(b) Most improved medical student.
(c) Most eligible bachelor.
(d) Best pediatrician in New York under the age of 40.
5. How does Heidi differentiate the paintings in the prologue of Act 2 as uniquely female?
(a) Edges are jagged.
(b) The colors are softer.
(c) The primary characters are female in the paintings.
(d) Women slightly removed, yet watching closely.
6. What year does Act 2, Scene 1 open in ?
7. What are Heidi's feelings toward other women in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Heidi feels sorry for other women.
(b) Heidi has lost patience with other women's choices.
(c) Heidi feels in constant competition with other women.
(d) Heidi feels dislike for other women.
8. Where is Heidi in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) A pediatric hospital unit.
(b) Having dinner with Scoop.
(c) An interview.
(d) Visiting Peter's family.
9. What is the name of Scoop's magazine?
(a) The Bomb.
(b) Lovin' Life.
(c) Generation X.
10. What does this Prologue to Act 2 foreshadow?
(a) Heidi ending her relationship with Scoop.
(b) Heidi's job change.
(c) Conclusions Heidi comes to on her journey in the 1980's.
(d) Heidi's marriage.
11. What is Heidi's friend's reaction to her moving?
(a) Heidi's friend takes her out for dinner.
(b) Heidi's friend is happy for her.
(c) Heidi's friend is hurt and angry.
(d) Heidi's friend tries to go with her.
12. What are the subjects of the painting Heidi is criticizing in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) Children at play.
(d) Ocean animals.
13. What is Heidi's lunch partner constantly doing during lunch in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Talking about their new lover.
(b) Working the room.
(c) Criticizing Heidi.
(d) Complaining about their life.
14. What are Susan's feelings regarding the women's movement in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Susan views it as outdated.
(b) Susan wants to protest.
(c) Susan wishes women took it more seriously.
(d) Susan wants to punish men.
15. How does Heidi practice her feminism in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) Heidi puts down housewives.
(b) Heidi speaks ill of men.
(c) Heidi watches society and paves the way for her students.
(d) Heidi marches in protest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization does Heidi direct during Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Heidi do to comfort her friend during Act 2, Scene 5?
3. What is Heidi's primary reason for leaving New York in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What is the purpose of the organization that Heidi directs in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. In Act 2, Scene 3, how does Heidi differ from her luncheon partner/friend?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)