|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song do Heidi and her friend dance to at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) "Born to be Wild."
(b) "Ramblin' Man."
(c) The "Shoop Shoop Song."
(d) "When a Man Loves a Woman."
2. What hotel is Heidi speaking at in Act 2, Scene 4?
(b) Ritz Carlton.
(c) Plaza Hotel
3. What are the subjects of the painting Heidi is criticizing in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) Ocean animals.
(d) Children at play.
4. What year does Act 2, Scene 3 open in?
5. What kind of talk was the audience expecting from Heidi in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Persuasive, so they would contribute monetarily.
(b) One full of school memories.
(c) Fist-pounding and lecturing.
(d) Nice and polite.
6. Where is Heidi in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) A pediatric hospital unit.
(b) Having dinner with Scoop.
(c) An interview.
(d) Visiting Peter's family.
7. How does Heidi open her presentation in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) With a comical description of a middle-aged man.
(b) With a comical description of meeting someone at a bar.
(c) With a comical description of a women who does it all.
(d) With a comical description of her friend Scoop.
8. What is the name of Scoop's magazine?
(a) Generation X.
(b) The Bomb.
(c) Lovin' Life.
9. What has Heidi done professionally since Lisa and Scoop's wedding?
(a) Heidi is dean of an art school.
(b) Published a book of essays to great reviews.
(c) Heidi becomes a museum curator.
(d) Married and divorced.
10. What does Heidi do to comfort her friend during Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Heidi gives her friend a hug.
(b) Heidi takes her friend to lunch.
(c) Heidi initiates the conversation they shared at their high school dance.
(d) Heidi gets a drink for her friend.
11. What are Heidi's feelings toward other women in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Heidi feels in constant competition with other women.
(b) Heidi feels sorry for other women.
(c) Heidi has lost patience with other women's choices.
(d) Heidi feels dislike for other women.
12. What is Heidi currently doing during Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Heidi is living with her parents.
(b) Teaching at Columbia and putting on art shows.
(c) Heidi is involved with a married man.
(d) Heidi is arguing with Peter.
13. What class is Heidi teaching in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) Art history.
(b) Communication studies.
(c) Creative writing.
(d) Gender issues.
14. How does Heidi practice her feminism in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) Heidi speaks ill of men.
(b) Heidi puts down housewives.
(c) Heidi marches in protest.
(d) Heidi watches society and paves the way for her students.
15. What does Heidi prefer that an artist do?
(a) Not paint unless she is talented.
(b) Paint landscape.
(c) Display her work in a gallery.
(d) Lose her edge in favor of paint and light.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the organization that Heidi directs in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Where has Heidi been since Lisa and Scoop's wedding?
3. What song is playing in the background as Act 2, Scene 1 opens?
4. What organization does Heidi direct during Act 2, Scene 2?
5. In Act 2, Scene 3, how does Heidi differ from her luncheon partner/friend?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)