|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hotel is Heidi speaking at in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Ritz Carlton.
(d) Plaza Hotel
2. How does Heidi practice her feminism in the Prologue to Act 2?
(a) Heidi speaks ill of men.
(b) Heidi marches in protest.
(c) Heidi watches society and paves the way for her students.
(d) Heidi puts down housewives.
3. What does Heidi say about feminism during this presentation?
(a) That men should participate in the journey.
(b) That it is a lost cause.
(c) The point of feminism is that no woman should ever feel stranded.
(d) That feminism is for social equality.
4. What event is taking place in Act 2, Scene 1, that brings the friends back together?
(a) Susan's wedding.
(b) Peter's graduation from medical school.
(c) Heidi's graduation from graduate school.
(d) Lisa's baby shower.
5. What kind of talk was the audience expecting from Heidi in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Nice and polite.
(b) One full of school memories.
(c) Persuasive, so they would contribute monetarily.
(d) Fist-pounding and lecturing.
6. What is the topic of Heidi's speech during Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) "Women, where are we going?"
(b) "Women, what about our past?"
(c) "Women, are we doing any good?"
(d) "Women, when are we giving up?
7. What song is playing in the background as Act 2, Scene 1 opens?
(a) "Sail Away."
(b) "Every Breath You Take."
(d) "Bette Davis Eyes."
8. How many years after Act 2, Scene 1 is Heidi finally on the news program?
9. Where does Heidi compare herself to other women?
(a) At her exercise class.
(b) At her music class.
(c) At her art class.
(d) At her writing class.
10. Based on her friend's reaction at the end of Act 2, Scene 5, what does Heidi decide to do?
(a) Take her friend with her.
(b) Retire in New York.
(c) Postpone leaving indefinitely.
(d) Move to Hawaii.
11. How is Heidi feeling toward both men at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
12. What are Heidi's feelings toward other women in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Heidi feels dislike for other women.
(b) Heidi feels sorry for other women.
(c) Heidi has lost patience with other women's choices.
(d) Heidi feels in constant competition with other women.
13. Who is Susan's new assistant in Act 2, Scene 3?
14. What song do Heidi and her friend dance to at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) The "Shoop Shoop Song."
(b) "Born to be Wild."
(c) "When a Man Loves a Woman."
(d) "Ramblin' Man."
15. Where has Heidi been since Lisa and Scoop's wedding?
(a) Traveling the world.
(b) In Europe.
(c) In Central America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the morning show that Heidi appears on?
2. Why does Heidi think the artist is "copping out" in the Prologue to Act 2?
3. What happens with Heidi's romantic relationship in Europe?
4. What is the name of Scoop's magazine?
5. What are the subjects of the painting Heidi is criticizing in the Prologue to Act 2?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)