|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event is taking place in Act 2, Scene 1, that brings the friends back together?
(a) Heidi's graduation from graduate school.
(b) Susan's wedding.
(c) Peter's graduation from medical school.
(d) Lisa's baby shower.
2. What is the name of Scoop's magazine?
(a) The Bomb.
(c) Lovin' Life.
(d) Generation X.
3. What appears to be Heidi's emotional state in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What song is playing in the background as Act 2, Scene 1 opens?
(a) "Every Breath You Take."
(b) "Bette Davis Eyes."
(d) "Sail Away."
5. Who is left alone on the set as Act 2, Scene 2 is ending?
6. What year does Act 2, Scene 3 open in?
7. What is the emotional status of Heidi's friend in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Excited about working in a hospital.
(b) Postive and upbeat.
(c) Anxious about working in the medical field.
(d) Melancholy - just ended a relationship.
8. What are Heidi's feelings toward other women in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Heidi feels sorry for other women.
(b) Heidi feels dislike for other women.
(c) Heidi has lost patience with other women's choices.
(d) Heidi feels in constant competition with other women.
9. What are Susan's feelings regarding the women's movement in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Susan wants to protest.
(b) Susan views it as outdated.
(c) Susan wants to punish men.
(d) Susan wishes women took it more seriously.
10. Who is Heidi meeting for lunch in Act 2, Scene 3?
11. In Act 2, Scene 3, how does Heidi differ from her luncheon partner/friend?
(a) Heidi rejects what does not feel honest to her.
(b) Heidi is not happy in her occupation.
(c) Heidi changes apartments frequently.
(d) Heidi is very assertive toward the opposite sex.
12. How does Heidi differentiate the paintings in the prologue of Act 2 as uniquely female?
(a) Edges are jagged.
(b) The colors are softer.
(c) Women slightly removed, yet watching closely.
(d) The primary characters are female in the paintings.
13. Where is Heidi in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Visiting Peter's family.
(b) An interview.
(c) Having dinner with Scoop.
(d) A pediatric hospital unit.
14. What does Heidi prefer that an artist do?
(a) Lose her edge in favor of paint and light.
(b) Display her work in a gallery.
(c) Not paint unless she is talented.
(d) Paint landscape.
15. Who else has been invited to this lunch with Heidi and her friend in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Heidi currently doing during Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What happens with Heidi's romantic relationship in Europe?
3. What does this Prologue to Act 2 foreshadow?
4. Who is Susan's new assistant in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What is the agenda of this lunch between Heidi and her friend in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)