|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Heidi's feelings toward other women in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Heidi feels sorry for other women.
(b) Heidi feels in constant competition with other women.
(c) Heidi feels dislike for other women.
(d) Heidi has lost patience with other women's choices.
2. Who is Susan's new assistant in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What does this Prologue to Act 2 foreshadow?
(a) Heidi's marriage.
(b) Conclusions Heidi comes to on her journey in the 1980's.
(c) Heidi ending her relationship with Scoop.
(d) Heidi's job change.
4. What year does Act 2, Scene 1 open in ?
5. What does Scoop try to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Tries unsuccessfully to talk to Peter.
(b) Invite the two to have lunch with him.
(c) Chase Heidi out the door.
(d) Tries to ask April out for lunch.
6. What year and season does Act 2, Scene 5 open with?
(a) Christmas Eve, 1987.
(b) Thanksgiving, 1986.
(c) New Year's Day, 1992.
(d) Valentine's Day, 1987.
7. What year does Act 2, Scene 3 open in?
8. How is Heidi feeling toward both men at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
9. How many years after Act 2, Scene 1 is Heidi finally on the news program?
10. What appears to be Heidi's emotional state in Act 2, Scene 3?
11. What is the purpose of the organization that Heidi directs in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Feeding the poor.
(b) Scholarships for young women.
(c) Recognizing American women artists.
(d) Finding homes for battered women.
12. What song is playing in the background as Act 2, Scene 1 opens?
(a) "Every Breath You Take."
(c) "Sail Away."
(d) "Bette Davis Eyes."
13. How does Heidi hope to escape loneliness?
(a) Through her relationship with Peter.
(b) Through solidaritiy with other women.
(c) Through her relationship with Scoop.
(d) By getting a dog.
14. What has Heidi done professionally since Lisa and Scoop's wedding?
(a) Heidi is dean of an art school.
(b) Heidi becomes a museum curator.
(c) Married and divorced.
(d) Published a book of essays to great reviews.
15. What is Heidi's primary reason for leaving New York in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Heidi is following a boyfriend who is moving.
(b) No romantic interest and no reason to stay.
(c) Heidi is tired of her friends and wants to move on.
(d) Heidi is tired of traffic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the agenda of this lunch between Heidi and her friend in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What year does Act 2, Scene 4 take place in?
3. How does Heidi differentiate the paintings in the prologue of Act 2 as uniquely female?
4. Based on her friend's reaction at the end of Act 2, Scene 5, what does Heidi decide to do?
5. Where does Heidi compare herself to other women?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)