|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Debbie not allow Peter to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Hang out with Heidi.
(b) March on the curator's office.
(c) Date Heidi.
(d) Leave without saying good-bye.
2. What is the name of Heidi's friend that goes to the dance with her?
(a) Lisa Moore.
(b) Patricia Lankin.
(c) Mary Johnson.
(d) Susan Johnston.
3. Why is Heidi annoyed with Peter in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He shows up unexpectedly.
(b) He will not leave the protest.
(c) He insists on insulting Scoop.
(d) He is gay and not in love with her.
4. What is Becky's story?
(a) Becky struggles with weight issues.
(b) Becky is adopted.
(c) Becky is a high-school drop-out.
(d) Living on her own with an abusive boyfriend.
5. In this prologue, what is Heidi's topic addressing?
(a) Great women of art.
(b) Great literature of the 20th century.
(c) The Middle Ages.
6. What is one characteristic that would describe Heidi?
7. What does Jill offer Becky?
(a) To share her home with Becky.
(b) Tuition money for college.
(c) A job.
(d) Money to live on.
8. In Act I, Scene 2, what are Heidi's feelings toward women?
(a) She is attracted to women.
(b) She is still at odds with women.
(c) She is feeling empowered by women.
(d) She is jealous of women.
9. Why does Susan make the decision that she chooses to announce in the church basement?
(a) To change the system.
(b) To see the world.
(c) Susan does not want to be lonely.
(d) To meet new friends.
10. What do Heidi and her new friend she meets at the high school dance do?
(a) Try out the chips and dip.
(b) Go out for a beer.
(c) Go for a smoke.
(d) Joke and pretend to be on a cruise.
11. Who does Heidi meet at the party in Act 1, Scene 2, that turns out to be a life-long friend?
(a) Scoop Rosenbaum.
(b) Miles Rogers.
(c) Lisa Nicholson.
(d) Nick Davidson.
12. What is Heidi's class reviewing for?
(a) A comprehensive final exam.
(b) Mid-term exam.
(c) The ACT.
(d) The GRE.
13. What is Lisa's occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) A children's book illustrator.
(b) A model.
(c) A fashion designer.
(d) A college professor.
14. What is the first thing that Scoop does to Heidi at this dance?
(a) Tells her she needs to lose weight.
(b) Tells her she needs to get a better job.
(c) Deserts her at the party.
(d) Critiques her and tells her she has an inferiority complex.
15. Who does Heidi consider the greatest artist of the 17th century?
(a) Clara Peters.
(b) Lily Martin Spencer.
(c) Sofonishba Anguissola.
(d) Grandma Moses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship is Heidi to Peter, according to Scoop?
2. What does Heidi say about one of the paintings by artist that she is critical of?
3. What demand does Peter make of Heidi in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What song is playing when Heidi and her new friend she meets at the high school dance actually dance?
5. Why is Peter irritated with Heidi in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)