|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Susan been doing with her life as mentioned in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Living on a sheep ranch with Molly.
(b) Traveling with Heidi.
(c) Running for a political office.
(d) Attending law school.
2. What does Scoop project that Heidi wishes she had more of?
3. What population is specifically NOT mentioned in any of Heidi's art history textbooks?
(a) Artists of the Renaissance.
(b) Male artists before the 15th century.
(c) Women artists.
(d) Pioneer artists.
4. What does Scoop do to Heidi at the party?
(a) Scolds Heidi for not speaking up for herself.
(b) Leaves Heidi without saying good-bye.
(c) Embarrasses Heidi.
(d) Asks Heidi to go for coffee.
5. In what year does the prologue take place?
6. What song ends Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) "Bohemian Rhapsody."
(b) "You Send Me."
(c) "You're So Vain."
(d) "You are So Beautiful."
7. What does Heidi decide to do with the advice her friends gives her at the high school dance?
(a) Heidi decides to try it out.
(b) Heidi ignores the advice.
(c) Heidi makes a scene.
(d) Heidi fights with her friend.
8. What decision does Susan announce at the women's group meeting in the church basement?
(a) Susan has a boyfriend.
(b) Susan is taking a position at the Law Review.
(c) Susan is going on a European trip.
(d) Susan is getting married.
9. What year does Act 1, Scene 3 open in?
10. What piece of information does Peter share with Heidi in Chicago?
(a) He hates medical school.
(b) He is about to be married.
(c) He is gay.
(d) He is moving to Italy.
11. Why is Heidi annoyed with Peter in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He insists on insulting Scoop.
(b) He shows up unexpectedly.
(c) He is gay and not in love with her.
(d) He will not leave the protest.
12. What is wrong with Heidi and Scoop's relationship?
(a) Scoop travels.
(b) Scoop wants to move in together and Heidi is not ready.
(c) Heidi's life revolves around waiting for his phone calls.
(d) Heidi is very career oriented.
13. Which of the following painters are specifically mentioned by Heidi in her class?
(a) Sofonisba Anguissola.
(b) Grandma Moses.
(c) Thomas Hart Benton.
14. What reason does Scoop give Heidi for not marrying her?
(a) He and Heidi would be competing for self-fulfillment.
(b) Heidi is too passive.
(c) He loves Lisa.
(d) Lisa is good for him.
15. Why does Becky question Jill when Jill makes her offer?
(a) Jill does not have a home.
(b) Jill has a family.
(c) Jill has said she wants to take care of herself.
(d) Jill is unemployed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cultural influences dominate the high school dance?
2. What does Susan tell the women's group about Heidi?
3. What is Heidi's high school friend doing in Chicago in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. In what decade does the high school take place?
5. Scoop is an editor for which newspaper?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)