|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scoop do that is somewhat unusual?
(a) Sniffs their food before eating.
(b) Takes off their shoes at the door.
(c) Dances solo in the middle of the floor.
(d) Assigns a grade to everything they see or hear.
2. Which of the two characters are clerking for the same Supreme Court Judge in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Susan and Scoop.
(b) Susan and Jill.
(c) Becky and Fran.
(d) Heidi and Peter.
3. What is Becky's story?
(a) Living on her own with an abusive boyfriend.
(b) Becky is a high-school drop-out.
(c) Becky struggles with weight issues.
(d) Becky is adopted.
4. What is Heidi's friend's reason for attending the dance?
(a) To smoke.
(b) To meet a boy.
(c) To have refreshments.
(d) To become popular.
5. What is Lisa's occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) A fashion designer.
(b) A college professor.
(c) A model.
(d) A children's book illustrator.
6. Who does Heidi meet at the party in Act 1, Scene 2, that turns out to be a life-long friend?
(a) Lisa Nicholson.
(b) Miles Rogers.
(c) Nick Davidson.
(d) Scoop Rosenbaum.
7. Why does Heidi initially choose not to share her struggle with the women's group in the church basement?
(a) She embarrasses easily.
(b) Heidi believes that her struggle is personal.
(c) Heidi does not like the women in the group.
(d) She does not feel like she is struggling.
8. What does Jill offer Becky?
(a) A job.
(b) Tuition money for college.
(c) To share her home with Becky.
(d) Money to live on.
9. What does Scoop do at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Comes back in and dances with Heidi.
(b) Proposes a toast to Lisa.
(c) Arm wrestles Peter for Heid's affection.
(d) Dances with Lisa.
10. What song is playing when Act 1, Scene 3 ends?
(a) Beast of Burden.
(b) Brown Sugar Blues.
(d) Can't Always Get What You Want.
11. Scoop is an editor for which newspaper?
(a) Women United.
(b) Los Angeles Times.
(c) Liberated Earth News.
(d) Brotherhood United.
12. What is one characteristic that would describe Heidi?
13. What is Heidi's reasoning for sitting a little outside of the group at the women's meeting in the church basement?
(a) Heidi feels awkward being there.
(b) Heidi thinks this discussion group is silly.
(c) Heidi has a cold and doesn't want to spread germs.
(d) Because Heidi is just visiting.
14. What does Heidi say about one of the paintings by artist that she is critical of?
(a) The color scheme is too bold.
(b) The subject is too boring.
(c) The painting has no depth.
(d) You have to wait around to see what happens.
15. What is Scoop's prediction?
(a) He will remember that he thought he could fall in love with her.
(b) That Heidi will be a university dean.
(c) That he will be an actor.
(d) That he will be president.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decade does the high school take place?
2. What is the first thing that Scoop does to Heidi at this dance?
3. What demand does Peter make of Heidi in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. In Act I, Scene I, what element is used to convey Heidi's road to feminism?
5. What are Heidi and her friend Debbie protesting in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)