|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What demand does Peter make of Heidi in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To move with him.
(b) To give up Scoop.
(c) To give him equal time and consideration.
(d) To stop protesting.
2. What is the first thing that Scoop does to Heidi at this dance?
(a) Deserts her at the party.
(b) Tells her she needs to lose weight.
(c) Critiques her and tells her she has an inferiority complex.
(d) Tells her she needs to get a better job.
3. Which of the following painters are specifically mentioned by Heidi in her class?
(a) Thomas Hart Benton.
(b) Sofonisba Anguissola.
(c) Grandma Moses.
4. Which of the two characters are clerking for the same Supreme Court Judge in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Susan and Scoop.
(b) Heidi and Peter.
(c) Susan and Jill.
(d) Becky and Fran.
5. Who helps Heidi to "open up" to the women's group in the church basement?
6. Why is Heidi annoyed with Peter in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He insists on insulting Scoop.
(b) He will not leave the protest.
(c) He shows up unexpectedly.
(d) He is gay and not in love with her.
7. What does Heidi say about one of the paintings by artist that she is critical of?
(a) The subject is too boring.
(b) You have to wait around to see what happens.
(c) The color scheme is too bold.
(d) The painting has no depth.
8. What has Susan been doing with her life as mentioned in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Running for a political office.
(b) Attending law school.
(c) Living on a sheep ranch with Molly.
(d) Traveling with Heidi.
9. What is Heidi attending when Act 1, Scene 5 opens?
(a) The wedding of Scoop and Lisa.
(b) The movies.
(c) Peter's wedding.
(d) An art exhibit.
10. Where is Lisa from?
(a) San Diego.
(b) San Antonio.
(c) New York.
11. What would be an accurate description of Jill?
(a) 40-year-old suburban housewife.
(b) 20-something college student.
(c) 50-something college professor.
(d) 30-something lawyer.
12. What is Heidi's profession in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Heidi is a nanny.
(b) Heidi is a writer.
(c) Heidi is a college student.
(d) Heidi is an illustrator.
13. When Heidi arrives at the dance in Act 1, Scene 2, who is singing?
(a) Aretha Franklin.
(b) The Supremes.
(c) Janis Joplin.
(d) Pat Benatar.
14. What reason does Scoop give Heidi for not marrying her?
(a) Heidi is too passive.
(b) He loves Lisa.
(c) He and Heidi would be competing for self-fulfillment.
(d) Lisa is good for him.
15. What does Heidi decide to do with the advice her friends gives her at the high school dance?
(a) Heidi ignores the advice.
(b) Heidi decides to try it out.
(c) Heidi makes a scene.
(d) Heidi fights with her friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Prologue to Act I?
2. What song is playing in the background when Heidi and her friend arrive at the high school dance?
3. Who does Heidi meet at the party in Act 1, Scene 2, that turns out to be a life-long friend?
4. What does Heidi tell the young man who asks her to dance?
5. Who does Heidi consider the greatest artist of the 17th century?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)