|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scoop ask Heidi to do the evening of the party?
(a) Dance with them.
(b) Learn to relax.
(c) Go on a vacation with them.
(d) Go to bed with them.
2. The opening scene in Act I, Scene 3 has what song in the background?
(a) Me and Bobby McGee.
(b) Stand by your Man.
3. In what year does the prologue take place?
4. What is Heidi's friend's reason for attending the dance?
(a) To have refreshments.
(b) To smoke.
(c) To become popular.
(d) To meet a boy.
5. What is the focus of the group of women meeting in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Art history and gender issues.
(b) How to keep pigeons away from downtown.
(c) Women's consciousness-raising discussion.
(d) Traffic flow in neighborhoods.
6. When Peter complains in Act 1, Scene 4, that he doesn't see Heidi often, what reason does she give?
(a) She is taking care of her parents.
(b) She is involved in women's issues.
(c) She has a new boyfriend.
(d) She is working on her dissertation.
7. What are the names of the other two women working with Jill to set up for the group meeting in the church basement in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Amy and Sophie.
(b) Scoop and Jim.
(c) Fran and Becky.
(d) Debbie and Jennifer.
8. What year does Act 1, Scene 3 open in?
9. What does Scoop do to Heidi at the party?
(a) Asks Heidi to go for coffee.
(b) Leaves Heidi without saying good-bye.
(c) Embarrasses Heidi.
(d) Scolds Heidi for not speaking up for herself.
10. What demand does Peter make of Heidi in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To give up Scoop.
(b) To give him equal time and consideration.
(c) To stop protesting.
(d) To move with him.
11. What is Heidi attending when the play resumes in Act I, Scene 2?
(a) A march on Washington.
(b) A movie.
(c) An art history lecture.
(d) A dance.
12. Which of the two characters are clerking for the same Supreme Court Judge in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Heidi and Peter.
(b) Susan and Jill.
(c) Susan and Scoop.
(d) Becky and Fran.
13. What do Heidi and her new friend she meets at the high school dance do?
(a) Go out for a beer.
(b) Try out the chips and dip.
(c) Go for a smoke.
(d) Joke and pretend to be on a cruise.
14. Which of the following painters are specifically mentioned by Heidi in her class?
(a) Grandma Moses.
(b) Sofonisba Anguissola.
(c) Thomas Hart Benton.
15. What kind of cultural influences dominate the high school dance?
(a) To be assertive.
(b) To be independent.
(c) To be aggressive.
(d) To attract and keep a boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is playing when Act 1, Scene 3 ends?
2. What is the name of the boy who approaches Heidi for a dance?
3. What is Heidi's class reviewing for?
4. What does Scoop do at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
5. What piece of information does Peter share with Heidi in Chicago?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)