|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heidi decide to do at the end of the party?
(a) Go see Susan.
(b) Go club-hopping.
(c) Go home by herself.
(d) Leave with Scoop.
2. What does Heidi decide to do with the advice her friends gives her at the high school dance?
(a) Heidi ignores the advice.
(b) Heidi makes a scene.
(c) Heidi decides to try it out.
(d) Heidi fights with her friend.
3. What song is in the background during Act I, Scene 2?
(a) "Isn't She Lovely?"
(b) "My Girl."
(c) "Take a Piece of My Heart."
(d) "The Macarena."
4. In what city is Heidi during the Prologue?
(d) New York.
5. What is Heidi's profession in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Heidi is a college student.
(b) Heidi is a writer.
(c) Heidi is a nanny.
(d) Heidi is an illustrator.
6. Why does Heidi initially choose not to share her struggle with the women's group in the church basement?
(a) Heidi does not like the women in the group.
(b) She does not feel like she is struggling.
(c) Heidi believes that her struggle is personal.
(d) She embarrasses easily.
7. What does Scoop project that Heidi wishes she had more of?
8. Why is Heidi annoyed with Peter in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He is gay and not in love with her.
(b) He insists on insulting Scoop.
(c) He will not leave the protest.
(d) He shows up unexpectedly.
9. When Heidi arrives at the dance in Act 1, Scene 2, who is singing?
(a) Janis Joplin.
(b) Aretha Franklin.
(c) Pat Benatar.
(d) The Supremes.
10. Who does Heidi meet at the dance?
11. What is Scoop's prediction?
(a) That he will be an actor.
(b) That Heidi will be a university dean.
(c) He will remember that he thought he could fall in love with her.
(d) That he will be president.
12. What does Debbie not allow Peter to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Hang out with Heidi.
(b) Leave without saying good-bye.
(c) Date Heidi.
(d) March on the curator's office.
13. What does Heidi's friend do during the "Ladies' Choice?"
(a) She goes to the restroom.
(b) She dances with Heidi.
(c) She asked a boy to dance.
(d) She takes a smoke break.
14. How does Scoop respond to Heidi's decision at the end of the party?
(a) Pouts and leaves the party.
(b) Clenches his fist in conquest.
(c) Gives a high-five.
(d) Wishes her good luck and leaves.
15. In the Prologue to Act I, how does Heidi, in retrospect, view herself at the high school dance?
(a) Looking for a boyfriend.
(b) Not as confident and as proactive as she is now.
(c) Very assertive.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I, Scene 2, what are Heidi's feelings toward women?
2. Which one of the following artists does Heidi criticize?
3. What relationship is Heidi to Peter, according to Scoop?
4. What does Susan tell the women's group about Heidi?
5. What is wrong with Heidi and Scoop's relationship?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)