|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Heidi meet at the dance?
2. What is Heidi attending when the play resumes in Act I, Scene 2?
(a) A movie.
(b) A dance.
(c) A march on Washington.
(d) An art history lecture.
3. What is wrong with Heidi and Scoop's relationship?
(a) Scoop travels.
(b) Heidi is very career oriented.
(c) Heidi's life revolves around waiting for his phone calls.
(d) Scoop wants to move in together and Heidi is not ready.
4. In this prologue, what is Heidi's topic addressing?
(a) Great women of art.
(c) The Middle Ages.
(d) Great literature of the 20th century.
5. What does Heidi's friend do during the "Ladies' Choice?"
(a) She dances with Heidi.
(b) She takes a smoke break.
(c) She goes to the restroom.
(d) She asked a boy to dance.
6. What is one wish that Heidi shares with the women's group meeting in the church basement?
(a) That Susan would have kept quiet.
(b) Heidi wishes she did not come to the meeting.
(c) The group could be friends forever.
(d) The next generation of women will feel more worthwhile.
7. Who does Heidi consider the greatest artist of the 17th century?
(a) Sofonishba Anguissola.
(b) Lily Martin Spencer.
(c) Grandma Moses.
(d) Clara Peters.
8. What is Scoop's prediction?
(a) That Heidi will be a university dean.
(b) He will remember that he thought he could fall in love with her.
(c) That he will be president.
(d) That he will be an actor.
9. What is Peter's current occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Pediatrician with a thriving practice.
10. What song is playing in the background when Heidi and her friend arrive at the high school dance?
(a) "Twist and Shout."
(b) "Sixteen Candles."
(c) "The Shoop Shoop Song."
(d) "Jailhouse Rock."
11. Why does Heidi initially choose not to share her struggle with the women's group in the church basement?
(a) She does not feel like she is struggling.
(b) Heidi does not like the women in the group.
(c) She embarrasses easily.
(d) Heidi believes that her struggle is personal.
12. What does Scoop do at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Arm wrestles Peter for Heid's affection.
(b) Proposes a toast to Lisa.
(c) Dances with Lisa.
(d) Comes back in and dances with Heidi.
13. What is one characteristic that would describe Heidi?
14. What location does Act 1, Scene 4 open in?
(a) Chicago Art Institute.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Times Square.
(d) Washington, D.C.
15. What do Heidi and her new friend she meets at the high school dance do?
(a) Try out the chips and dip.
(b) Go for a smoke.
(c) Joke and pretend to be on a cruise.
(d) Go out for a beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Heidi's high school friend doing in Chicago in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What relationship is Heidi to Peter, according to Scoop?
3. What does Scoop insist on calling Heidi at his wedding?
4. What year does Act 1, Scene 3 open in?
5. What would be an accurate description of Jill?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)