|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song is playing when Act 1, Scene 3 ends?
(b) Can't Always Get What You Want.
(c) Brown Sugar Blues.
(d) Beast of Burden.
2. What does Debbie not allow Peter to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Hang out with Heidi.
(b) March on the curator's office.
(c) Date Heidi.
(d) Leave without saying good-bye.
3. Who helps Heidi to "open up" to the women's group in the church basement?
4. How does Heidi begin her path toward feminism?
(a) Questioning authority.
(b) Diving in with both feet.
(c) As a passive creature, waiting to see what would happen.
5. What does Heidi invite Peter and his friend to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Take a trip to Boston with her.
(b) Join her for dinner.
(c) March on the curator's office.
(d) Go to the movies.
6. What is Heidi attending when Act 1, Scene 5 opens?
(a) Peter's wedding.
(b) An art exhibit.
(c) The movies.
(d) The wedding of Scoop and Lisa.
7. When Heidi arrives at the dance in Act 1, Scene 2, who is singing?
(a) Pat Benatar.
(b) Aretha Franklin.
(c) Janis Joplin.
(d) The Supremes.
8. The opening scene in Act I, Scene 3 has what song in the background?
(c) Stand by your Man.
(d) Me and Bobby McGee.
9. What kind of cultural influences dominate the high school dance?
(a) To be aggressive.
(b) To be assertive.
(c) To attract and keep a boy.
(d) To be independent.
10. What is Heidi's reasoning for sitting a little outside of the group at the women's meeting in the church basement?
(a) Because Heidi is just visiting.
(b) Heidi thinks this discussion group is silly.
(c) Heidi feels awkward being there.
(d) Heidi has a cold and doesn't want to spread germs.
11. What does Jill offer Becky?
(a) Tuition money for college.
(b) Money to live on.
(c) A job.
(d) To share her home with Becky.
12. What is the name of Heidi's friend that goes to the dance with her?
(a) Susan Johnston.
(b) Patricia Lankin.
(c) Mary Johnson.
(d) Lisa Moore.
13. What is one wish that Heidi shares with the women's group meeting in the church basement?
(a) Heidi wishes she did not come to the meeting.
(b) That Susan would have kept quiet.
(c) The group could be friends forever.
(d) The next generation of women will feel more worthwhile.
14. What is Lisa's occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) A fashion designer.
(b) A model.
(c) A children's book illustrator.
(d) A college professor.
15. What is wrong with Heidi and Scoop's relationship?
(a) Scoop wants to move in together and Heidi is not ready.
(b) Scoop travels.
(c) Heidi's life revolves around waiting for his phone calls.
(d) Heidi is very career oriented.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heidi decide to do with the advice her friends gives her at the high school dance?
2. What does Scoop ask Heidi to do the evening of the party?
3. In what year does the prologue take place?
4. What has Susan been doing with her life as mentioned in Act 1, Scene 5?
5. What reason does Scoop give Heidi for not marrying her?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)