|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boy who approaches Heidi for a dance?
2. What is Peter's current occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Pediatrician with a thriving practice.
3. In Act I, Scene 2, what are Heidi's feelings toward women?
(a) She is jealous of women.
(b) She is attracted to women.
(c) She is still at odds with women.
(d) She is feeling empowered by women.
4. What is Heidi's reasoning for sitting a little outside of the group at the women's meeting in the church basement?
(a) Heidi has a cold and doesn't want to spread germs.
(b) Heidi thinks this discussion group is silly.
(c) Because Heidi is just visiting.
(d) Heidi feels awkward being there.
5. What song is playing when Act 1, Scene 3 ends?
(a) Beast of Burden.
(b) Brown Sugar Blues.
(d) Can't Always Get What You Want.
6. What song ends Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) "You're So Vain."
(b) "Bohemian Rhapsody."
(c) "You Send Me."
(d) "You are So Beautiful."
7. In Act I, Scene I, what element is used to convey Heidi's road to feminism?
8. What is Scoop's prediction?
(a) He will remember that he thought he could fall in love with her.
(b) That he will be an actor.
(c) That Heidi will be a university dean.
(d) That he will be president.
9. What does Scoop ask Heidi to do the evening of the party?
(a) Go to bed with them.
(b) Learn to relax.
(c) Go on a vacation with them.
(d) Dance with them.
10. What does Heidi say about one of the paintings by artist that she is critical of?
(a) The color scheme is too bold.
(b) The painting has no depth.
(c) You have to wait around to see what happens.
(d) The subject is too boring.
11. Who does Heidi defend in Act 1, Scene 5?
12. What does Heidi decide to do with the advice her friends gives her at the high school dance?
(a) Heidi fights with her friend.
(b) Heidi makes a scene.
(c) Heidi decides to try it out.
(d) Heidi ignores the advice.
13. Who helps Heidi to "open up" to the women's group in the church basement?
14. What does Heidi do to try to get away from Scoop at this dance?
(a) Says she is late for class.
(b) Says she is due at her mother's house.
(c) Hides in the bathroom.
(d) Gives a fake name.
15. What is Becky's story?
(a) Becky struggles with weight issues.
(b) Becky is adopted.
(c) Becky is a high-school drop-out.
(d) Living on her own with an abusive boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scoop project that Heidi wishes she had more of?
2. How does Heidi begin her path toward feminism?
3. What decision does Susan announce at the women's group meeting in the church basement?
4. Which of the two characters are clerking for the same Supreme Court Judge in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What song is the dance for "Ladies' Choice?"
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)