|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Heidi consider the greatest artist of the 17th century?
(a) Clara Peters.
(b) Sofonishba Anguissola.
(c) Lily Martin Spencer.
(d) Grandma Moses.
2. Why does Becky question Jill when Jill makes her offer?
(a) Jill is unemployed.
(b) Jill has said she wants to take care of herself.
(c) Jill does not have a home.
(d) Jill has a family.
3. What piece of advice does Heidi's friend give her at their high school dance?
(a) To not eat the cookies as they have been touched.
(b) To not smoke in front of the teachers.
(c) To not look desperate.
(d) To dance to every song that plays.
4. Which one of the following artists does Heidi criticize?
(a) Zona Rosa.
(b) Clara Peters.
(c) Lily Martin Spencer.
(d) Daniel Pollera.
5. What is Peter's current occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
(c) Pediatrician with a thriving practice.
6. What demand does Peter make of Heidi in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To give him equal time and consideration.
(b) To move with him.
(c) To stop protesting.
(d) To give up Scoop.
7. What is Lisa's occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) A fashion designer.
(b) A college professor.
(c) A model.
(d) A children's book illustrator.
8. What relationship is Heidi to Peter, according to Scoop?
(a) Peter's fiance.
(b) Peter's sister-in-law.
(c) Peter's sister.
(d) Peter's niece.
9. What song is in the background during Act I, Scene 2?
(a) "My Girl."
(b) "Take a Piece of My Heart."
(c) "The Macarena."
(d) "Isn't She Lovely?"
10. What does Heidi teach?
(a) Women's issues.
(b) Art history.
(c) British literature.
(d) World civilization.
11. What does Heidi say about one of the paintings by artist that she is critical of?
(a) You have to wait around to see what happens.
(b) The color scheme is too bold.
(c) The subject is too boring.
(d) The painting has no depth.
12. In Act I, Scene I, what element is used to convey Heidi's road to feminism?
13. Who is Sofonisba Anguissola considered equal to?
14. What does Heidi do to try to get away from Scoop at this dance?
(a) Hides in the bathroom.
(b) Gives a fake name.
(c) Says she is late for class.
(d) Says she is due at her mother's house.
15. What talents do Heidi's friend's partner possess?
(a) He can wink and smoke at the same time.
(b) He can bat his eyes.
(c) He can twirl a basketball on one finger.
(d) He is able to smoke and twist at the same time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heidi begin her path toward feminism?
2. Which of the following painters are specifically mentioned by Heidi in her class?
3. How does Scoop respond to Heidi's decision at the end of the party?
4. Who helps Heidi to "open up" to the women's group in the church basement?
5. What primary thing do Heidi and her friend she meets at the high school dance have in common?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)