Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one prediction does Scoop make at the party that involves Heidi?
(a) That they will be president.
(b) That they will teach together.
(c) That they will have six children.
(d) Predicts that one day they will remember that they thought they could fall in love with Heid.
2. What location does Act 1, Scene 4 open in?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Times Square.
(d) Chicago Art Institute.
3. What does Scoop do at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Comes back in and dances with Heidi.
(b) Proposes a toast to Lisa.
(c) Arm wrestles Peter for Heid's affection.
(d) Dances with Lisa.
4. In Act I, Scene 2, what are Heidi's feelings toward women?
(a) She is feeling empowered by women.
(b) She is attracted to women.
(c) She is still at odds with women.
(d) She is jealous of women.
5. What is one thing that Heidi does at the high school dance that might be considered unusual, considering where she was?
(a) She tries to start The Wave.
(b) She sings karoake.
(c) She dances by herself.
(d) She sits down to read.
6. In what year does the prologue take place?
7. What is Scoop's prediction?
(a) That he will be president.
(b) That he will be an actor.
(c) That Heidi will be a university dean.
(d) He will remember that he thought he could fall in love with her.
8. What is Heidi attending when the play resumes in Act I, Scene 2?
(a) An art history lecture.
(b) A dance.
(c) A movie.
(d) A march on Washington.
9. What does Heidi teach?
(a) British literature.
(b) Art history.
(c) World civilization.
(d) Women's issues.
10. What is Heidi's profession in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Heidi is a writer.
(b) Heidi is an illustrator.
(c) Heidi is a nanny.
(d) Heidi is a college student.
11. What is Peter's current occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
(b) Pediatrician with a thriving practice.
12. Why is Peter irritated with Heidi in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Because she forgot the anniversary of their friendship.
(b) She is involved with Scoop.
(c) She is protesting the wrong issues.
(d) She hangs out with odd people.
13. What talents do Heidi's friend's partner possess?
(a) He is able to smoke and twist at the same time.
(b) He can bat his eyes.
(c) He can twirl a basketball on one finger.
(d) He can wink and smoke at the same time.
14. The opening scene in Act I, Scene 3 has what song in the background?
(b) Stand by your Man.
(d) Me and Bobby McGee.
15. In this prologue, what is Heidi's topic addressing?
(a) The Middle Ages.
(c) Great literature of the 20th century.
(d) Great women of art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Scoop give Heidi for not marrying her?
2. What does Scoop ask Heidi to do the evening of the party?
3. Who helps Heidi to "open up" to the women's group in the church basement?
4. What is wrong with Heidi and Scoop's relationship?
5. In Act I, Scene I, what element is used to convey Heidi's road to feminism?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)