|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Heidi's profession in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Heidi is a writer.
(b) Heidi is an illustrator.
(c) Heidi is a college student.
(d) Heidi is a nanny.
2. What demand does Peter make of Heidi in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To give up Scoop.
(b) To move with him.
(c) To give him equal time and consideration.
(d) To stop protesting.
3. Who helps Heidi to "open up" to the women's group in the church basement?
4. What talents do Heidi's friend's partner possess?
(a) He is able to smoke and twist at the same time.
(b) He can bat his eyes.
(c) He can wink and smoke at the same time.
(d) He can twirl a basketball on one finger.
5. What relationship is Heidi to Peter, according to Scoop?
(a) Peter's niece.
(b) Peter's sister.
(c) Peter's fiance.
(d) Peter's sister-in-law.
6. Who encourages Heidi to join in and not just be a visitor?
7. What does Debbie not allow Peter to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Leave without saying good-bye.
(b) Date Heidi.
(c) Hang out with Heidi.
(d) March on the curator's office.
8. What does Susan tell the women's group about Heidi?
(a) Heidi's poor relationship with her parents.
(b) That Heidi is shy.
(c) That Heidi is a professor.
(d) Heidi's unsatisfactory relationship with Scoop.
9. What is wrong with Heidi and Scoop's relationship?
(a) Scoop wants to move in together and Heidi is not ready.
(b) Heidi is very career oriented.
(c) Heidi's life revolves around waiting for his phone calls.
(d) Scoop travels.
10. Scoop is an editor for which newspaper?
(a) Los Angeles Times.
(b) Women United.
(c) Brotherhood United.
(d) Liberated Earth News.
11. What piece of information does Peter share with Heidi in Chicago?
(a) He is about to be married.
(b) He is moving to Italy.
(c) He hates medical school.
(d) He is gay.
12. How does Heidi begin her path toward feminism?
(a) Questioning authority.
(c) As a passive creature, waiting to see what would happen.
(d) Diving in with both feet.
13. What is the name of the boy who approaches Heidi for a dance?
14. What is Heidi's high school friend doing in Chicago in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Completing a medical internship.
(b) Attending a conference.
(d) Attending graduate school in business.
15. Why is Heidi annoyed with Peter in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He will not leave the protest.
(b) He shows up unexpectedly.
(c) He is gay and not in love with her.
(d) He insists on insulting Scoop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is in the background during Act I, Scene 2?
2. What has Susan been doing with her life as mentioned in Act 1, Scene 5?
3. Why is Peter irritated with Heidi in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What is the purpose of the Prologue to Act I?
5. What is Lisa's occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)