|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Heidi's friend that goes to the dance with her?
(a) Lisa Moore.
(b) Susan Johnston.
(c) Patricia Lankin.
(d) Mary Johnson.
2. What does Susan tell the women's group about Heidi?
(a) That Heidi is shy.
(b) Heidi's poor relationship with her parents.
(c) Heidi's unsatisfactory relationship with Scoop.
(d) That Heidi is a professor.
3. In what city is Heidi during the Prologue?
(a) New York.
4. In Act I, Scene I, what element is used to convey Heidi's road to feminism?
5. What piece of information does Peter share with Heidi in Chicago?
(a) He is moving to Italy.
(b) He is gay.
(c) He is about to be married.
(d) He hates medical school.
6. What does Heidi say about one of the paintings by artist that she is critical of?
(a) You have to wait around to see what happens.
(b) The subject is too boring.
(c) The painting has no depth.
(d) The color scheme is too bold.
7. Why does Heidi initially choose not to share her struggle with the women's group in the church basement?
(a) Heidi does not like the women in the group.
(b) Heidi believes that her struggle is personal.
(c) She does not feel like she is struggling.
(d) She embarrasses easily.
8. In this prologue, what is Heidi's topic addressing?
(a) Great literature of the 20th century.
(b) Great women of art.
(d) The Middle Ages.
9. What other two characteristics describe Heidi?
(a) Uneducated and unkind.
(b) Prickly and stubborn.
(c) Angry and lazy.
(d) Funny and a feminist.
10. What is Heidi's profession in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Heidi is a nanny.
(b) Heidi is a college student.
(c) Heidi is an illustrator.
(d) Heidi is a writer.
11. What are the names of the other two women working with Jill to set up for the group meeting in the church basement in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Debbie and Jennifer.
(b) Fran and Becky.
(c) Scoop and Jim.
(d) Amy and Sophie.
12. Who does Heidi meet at the party in Act 1, Scene 2, that turns out to be a life-long friend?
(a) Scoop Rosenbaum.
(b) Nick Davidson.
(c) Miles Rogers.
(d) Lisa Nicholson.
13. What does Heidi's friend do during the "Ladies' Choice?"
(a) She asked a boy to dance.
(b) She takes a smoke break.
(c) She dances with Heidi.
(d) She goes to the restroom.
14. In what decade does the high school take place?
(a) The 1950's.
(b) The 1970's.
(c) The 1960's.
(d) The 1980's.
15. What is Heidi's high school friend doing in Chicago in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Attending a conference.
(b) Completing a medical internship.
(c) Attending graduate school in business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is in the background during Act I, Scene 2?
2. What talents do Heidi's friend's partner possess?
3. What is the name of the boy who approaches Heidi for a dance?
4. What song is the dance for "Ladies' Choice?"
5. What does Heidi teach?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)