|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Heidi and Scoop's relationship?
(a) Heidi is very career oriented.
(b) Scoop wants to move in together and Heidi is not ready.
(c) Heidi's life revolves around waiting for his phone calls.
(d) Scoop travels.
2. What song is playing in the background when Heidi and her friend arrive at the high school dance?
(a) "Twist and Shout."
(b) "Jailhouse Rock."
(c) "The Shoop Shoop Song."
(d) "Sixteen Candles."
3. In Act I, Scene I, what element is used to convey Heidi's road to feminism?
4. What does Debbie not allow Peter to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Leave without saying good-bye.
(b) March on the curator's office.
(c) Date Heidi.
(d) Hang out with Heidi.
5. What does Scoop do to Heidi at the party?
(a) Embarrasses Heidi.
(b) Asks Heidi to go for coffee.
(c) Scolds Heidi for not speaking up for herself.
(d) Leaves Heidi without saying good-bye.
6. When Peter complains in Act 1, Scene 4, that he doesn't see Heidi often, what reason does she give?
(a) She is involved in women's issues.
(b) She has a new boyfriend.
(c) She is taking care of her parents.
(d) She is working on her dissertation.
7. What does Scoop do that is somewhat unusual?
(a) Dances solo in the middle of the floor.
(b) Takes off their shoes at the door.
(c) Assigns a grade to everything they see or hear.
(d) Sniffs their food before eating.
8. Which one of the following artists does Heidi criticize?
(a) Clara Peters.
(b) Zona Rosa.
(c) Daniel Pollera.
(d) Lily Martin Spencer.
9. Why does Becky question Jill when Jill makes her offer?
(a) Jill does not have a home.
(b) Jill is unemployed.
(c) Jill has said she wants to take care of herself.
(d) Jill has a family.
10. What reason does Scoop give Heidi for not marrying her?
(a) Heidi is too passive.
(b) He loves Lisa.
(c) He and Heidi would be competing for self-fulfillment.
(d) Lisa is good for him.
11. Why does Susan make the decision that she chooses to announce in the church basement?
(a) To change the system.
(b) To meet new friends.
(c) Susan does not want to be lonely.
(d) To see the world.
12. Who does Heidi meet at the dance?
13. What is the name of the boy who approaches Heidi for a dance?
14. In the Prologue to Act I, how does Heidi, in retrospect, view herself at the high school dance?
(a) Very assertive.
(c) Not as confident and as proactive as she is now.
(d) Looking for a boyfriend.
15. Which of the following painters are specifically mentioned by Heidi in her class?
(a) Sofonisba Anguissola.
(c) Thomas Hart Benton.
(d) Grandma Moses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song ends Act 1, Scene 5?
2. What does Heidi invite Peter and his friend to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Three years after the high school dance, who is Heidi campaigning for?
4. What is the name of Heidi's friend that goes to the dance with her?
5. What year does Act 1, Scene 5 open in?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)