|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing that Scoop does to Heidi at this dance?
(a) Deserts her at the party.
(b) Tells her she needs to get a better job.
(c) Critiques her and tells her she has an inferiority complex.
(d) Tells her she needs to lose weight.
2. What talents do Heidi's friend's partner possess?
(a) He can twirl a basketball on one finger.
(b) He can wink and smoke at the same time.
(c) He is able to smoke and twist at the same time.
(d) He can bat his eyes.
3. What population is specifically NOT mentioned in any of Heidi's art history textbooks?
(a) Male artists before the 15th century.
(b) Artists of the Renaissance.
(c) Women artists.
(d) Pioneer artists.
4. What does Heidi do to try to get away from Scoop at this dance?
(a) Hides in the bathroom.
(b) Gives a fake name.
(c) Says she is late for class.
(d) Says she is due at her mother's house.
5. What primary thing do Heidi and her friend she meets at the high school dance have in common?
(a) They both like "The Shoop Shoop Song."
(b) Neither one of them fits into the cultural norms of the dance.
(c) They both smoke.
(d) They both like to dance.
6. Scoop is an editor for which newspaper?
(a) Brotherhood United.
(b) Liberated Earth News.
(c) Los Angeles Times.
(d) Women United.
7. In what decade does the high school take place?
(a) The 1960's.
(b) The 1970's.
(c) The 1980's.
(d) The 1950's.
8. What does Scoop do at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Arm wrestles Peter for Heid's affection.
(b) Proposes a toast to Lisa.
(c) Comes back in and dances with Heidi.
(d) Dances with Lisa.
9. What is Peter's current occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
(c) Pediatrician with a thriving practice.
10. What do Heidi and her new friend she meets at the high school dance do?
(a) Go for a smoke.
(b) Joke and pretend to be on a cruise.
(c) Go out for a beer.
(d) Try out the chips and dip.
11. Which of the following painters are specifically mentioned by Heidi in her class?
(b) Thomas Hart Benton.
(c) Grandma Moses.
(d) Sofonisba Anguissola.
12. What piece of advice does Heidi's friend give her at their high school dance?
(a) To not eat the cookies as they have been touched.
(b) To not look desperate.
(c) To not smoke in front of the teachers.
(d) To dance to every song that plays.
13. What statement segues into Act I, Scene 1?
(a) "Hang onto your friend, nothing lasts forever."
(b) "You hang around waiting to see what might happen."
(c) "You've come a long way, baby."
(d) "What more could women want?"
14. What are Heidi and her friend Debbie protesting in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) The price of groceries.
(b) The lack of support for female politicians.
(c) The policies of President Nixon.
(d) The Age of Napoleon exhibit includes no women artists.
15. What is Heidi's high school friend doing in Chicago in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Attending graduate school in business.
(c) Attending a conference.
(d) Completing a medical internship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Heidi to "open up" to the women's group in the church basement?
2. In Act I, Scene I, what element is used to convey Heidi's road to feminism?
3. What has Susan been doing with her life as mentioned in Act 1, Scene 5?
4. What location does Act 1, Scene 4 open in?
5. What kind of cultural influences dominate the high school dance?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)