|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement segues into Act I, Scene 1?
(a) "You hang around waiting to see what might happen."
(b) "You've come a long way, baby."
(c) "What more could women want?"
(d) "Hang onto your friend, nothing lasts forever."
2. When Peter complains in Act 1, Scene 4, that he doesn't see Heidi often, what reason does she give?
(a) She is taking care of her parents.
(b) She is working on her dissertation.
(c) She is involved in women's issues.
(d) She has a new boyfriend.
3. What does Heidi teach?
(a) British literature.
(b) World civilization.
(c) Art history.
(d) Women's issues.
4. What does Heidi decide to do with the advice her friends gives her at the high school dance?
(a) Heidi fights with her friend.
(b) Heidi ignores the advice.
(c) Heidi makes a scene.
(d) Heidi decides to try it out.
5. Scoop is an editor for which newspaper?
(a) Los Angeles Times.
(b) Women United.
(c) Liberated Earth News.
(d) Brotherhood United.
6. What piece of advice does Heidi's friend give her at their high school dance?
(a) To not eat the cookies as they have been touched.
(b) To dance to every song that plays.
(c) To not smoke in front of the teachers.
(d) To not look desperate.
7. What has Susan been doing with her life as mentioned in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Living on a sheep ranch with Molly.
(b) Attending law school.
(c) Traveling with Heidi.
(d) Running for a political office.
8. What other two characteristics describe Heidi?
(a) Uneducated and unkind.
(b) Funny and a feminist.
(c) Angry and lazy.
(d) Prickly and stubborn.
9. In what decade does the high school take place?
(a) The 1960's.
(b) The 1950's.
(c) The 1970's.
(d) The 1980's.
10. Which of the following painters are specifically mentioned by Heidi in her class?
(b) Sofonisba Anguissola.
(c) Thomas Hart Benton.
(d) Grandma Moses.
11. What does Heidi do to try to get away from Scoop at this dance?
(a) Gives a fake name.
(b) Hides in the bathroom.
(c) Says she is due at her mother's house.
(d) Says she is late for class.
12. What is the focus of the group of women meeting in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Traffic flow in neighborhoods.
(b) Art history and gender issues.
(c) Women's consciousness-raising discussion.
(d) How to keep pigeons away from downtown.
13. In this prologue, what is Heidi's topic addressing?
(a) Great women of art.
(c) Great literature of the 20th century.
(d) The Middle Ages.
14. What song is playing when Heidi and her new friend she meets at the high school dance actually dance?
(a) "Dancing in the Streets."
(c) "The Shoop Shoop Song."
(d) "When a Man Loves a Woman."
15. What does Scoop ask Heidi to do the evening of the party?
(a) Learn to relax.
(b) Go on a vacation with them.
(c) Dance with them.
(d) Go to bed with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one wish that Heidi shares with the women's group meeting in the church basement?
2. What is the name of the boy who approaches Heidi for a dance?
3. What is Becky's story?
4. How does Scoop respond to Heidi's decision at the end of the party?
5. What song is playing when Act 1, Scene 3 ends?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)