|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan tell the women's group about Heidi?
(a) Heidi's unsatisfactory relationship with Scoop.
(b) Heidi's poor relationship with her parents.
(c) That Heidi is shy.
(d) That Heidi is a professor.
2. What does Heidi decide to do at the end of the party?
(a) Go club-hopping.
(b) Leave with Scoop.
(c) Go home by herself.
(d) Go see Susan.
3. What is the focus of the group of women meeting in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) How to keep pigeons away from downtown.
(b) Women's consciousness-raising discussion.
(c) Art history and gender issues.
(d) Traffic flow in neighborhoods.
4. What does Jill offer Becky?
(a) To share her home with Becky.
(b) Money to live on.
(c) A job.
(d) Tuition money for college.
5. Three years after the high school dance, who is Heidi campaigning for?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Eugene McCarthy.
(d) Bill Clinton.
6. What talents do Heidi's friend's partner possess?
(a) He can wink and smoke at the same time.
(b) He can bat his eyes.
(c) He can twirl a basketball on one finger.
(d) He is able to smoke and twist at the same time.
7. What is Heidi attending when Act 1, Scene 5 opens?
(a) The movies.
(b) Peter's wedding.
(c) The wedding of Scoop and Lisa.
(d) An art exhibit.
8. Who arrives and begins to make fun of Heidi's and Debbie's protest?
9. What location does Act 1, Scene 4 open in?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Times Square.
(d) Chicago Art Institute.
10. What does Scoop do to Heidi at the party?
(a) Leaves Heidi without saying good-bye.
(b) Asks Heidi to go for coffee.
(c) Embarrasses Heidi.
(d) Scolds Heidi for not speaking up for herself.
11. What do Heidi and her new friend she meets at the high school dance do?
(a) Joke and pretend to be on a cruise.
(b) Go out for a beer.
(c) Try out the chips and dip.
(d) Go for a smoke.
12. What does Heidi teach?
(a) British literature.
(b) World civilization.
(c) Art history.
(d) Women's issues.
13. What song is playing in the background when Heidi and her friend arrive at the high school dance?
(a) "Sixteen Candles."
(b) "Jailhouse Rock."
(c) "Twist and Shout."
(d) "The Shoop Shoop Song."
14. What has Susan been doing with her life as mentioned in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Running for a political office.
(b) Traveling with Heidi.
(c) Attending law school.
(d) Living on a sheep ranch with Molly.
15. What is Scoop's prediction?
(a) That Heidi will be a university dean.
(b) That he will be an actor.
(c) That he will be president.
(d) He will remember that he thought he could fall in love with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one wish that Heidi shares with the women's group meeting in the church basement?
2. What is Becky's story?
3. What are the names of the other two women working with Jill to set up for the group meeting in the church basement in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What is Lisa's occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
5. When Peter complains in Act 1, Scene 4, that he doesn't see Heidi often, what reason does she give?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)