|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What talents do Heidi's friend's partner possess?
(a) He is able to smoke and twist at the same time.
(b) He can bat his eyes.
(c) He can twirl a basketball on one finger.
(d) He can wink and smoke at the same time.
2. Why does Becky question Jill when Jill makes her offer?
(a) Jill has a family.
(b) Jill has said she wants to take care of herself.
(c) Jill is unemployed.
(d) Jill does not have a home.
3. What does Scoop project that Heidi wishes she had more of?
4. The opening scene in Act I, Scene 3 has what song in the background?
(c) Me and Bobby McGee.
(d) Stand by your Man.
5. What is Heidi attending when Act 1, Scene 5 opens?
(a) The wedding of Scoop and Lisa.
(b) The movies.
(c) An art exhibit.
(d) Peter's wedding.
6. What song is playing when Act 1, Scene 3 ends?
(a) Brown Sugar Blues.
(b) Beast of Burden.
(d) Can't Always Get What You Want.
7. What does Heidi tell the young man who asks her to dance?
(a) That she is too sick to dance.
(b) That she cannot leave her friend.
(c) That she dislikes him.
(d) That she would love to dance.
8. What is the first thing that Scoop does to Heidi at this dance?
(a) Tells her she needs to get a better job.
(b) Deserts her at the party.
(c) Tells her she needs to lose weight.
(d) Critiques her and tells her she has an inferiority complex.
9. When Peter complains in Act 1, Scene 4, that he doesn't see Heidi often, what reason does she give?
(a) She is working on her dissertation.
(b) She is involved in women's issues.
(c) She has a new boyfriend.
(d) She is taking care of her parents.
10. How does Scoop respond to Heidi's decision at the end of the party?
(a) Gives a high-five.
(b) Clenches his fist in conquest.
(c) Wishes her good luck and leaves.
(d) Pouts and leaves the party.
11. Where is Lisa from?
(a) San Diego.
(b) San Antonio.
(c) New York.
12. Who is Sofonisba Anguissola considered equal to?
13. What piece of advice does Heidi's friend give her at their high school dance?
(a) To not eat the cookies as they have been touched.
(b) To dance to every song that plays.
(c) To not look desperate.
(d) To not smoke in front of the teachers.
14. Why does Susan make the decision that she chooses to announce in the church basement?
(a) To see the world.
(b) Susan does not want to be lonely.
(c) To change the system.
(d) To meet new friends.
15. What has Susan been doing with her life as mentioned in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Living on a sheep ranch with Molly.
(b) Running for a political office.
(c) Attending law school.
(d) Traveling with Heidi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song ends Act 1, Scene 5?
2. What one prediction does Scoop make at the party that involves Heidi?
3. What is the purpose of the Prologue to Act I?
4. In what year does the prologue take place?
5. What relationship is Heidi to Peter, according to Scoop?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)