|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Susan make the decision that she chooses to announce in the church basement?
(a) To meet new friends.
(b) To see the world.
(c) Susan does not want to be lonely.
(d) To change the system.
2. In Act I, Scene I, what element is used to convey Heidi's road to feminism?
3. What is Heidi attending when the play resumes in Act I, Scene 2?
(a) A dance.
(b) An art history lecture.
(c) A march on Washington.
(d) A movie.
4. In what city is Heidi during the Prologue?
(b) New York.
5. In the Prologue to Act I, how does Heidi, in retrospect, view herself at the high school dance?
(a) Not as confident and as proactive as she is now.
(c) Looking for a boyfriend.
(d) Very assertive.
6. What is Heidi attending when Act 1, Scene 5 opens?
(a) An art exhibit.
(b) Peter's wedding.
(c) The movies.
(d) The wedding of Scoop and Lisa.
7. What does Scoop ask Heidi to do the evening of the party?
(a) Go on a vacation with them.
(b) Dance with them.
(c) Learn to relax.
(d) Go to bed with them.
8. How does Heidi begin her path toward feminism?
(a) Diving in with both feet.
(b) As a passive creature, waiting to see what would happen.
(c) Questioning authority.
9. Who encourages Heidi to join in and not just be a visitor?
10. Who does Heidi meet at the party in Act 1, Scene 2, that turns out to be a life-long friend?
(a) Nick Davidson.
(b) Miles Rogers.
(c) Scoop Rosenbaum.
(d) Lisa Nicholson.
11. What are the names of the other two women working with Jill to set up for the group meeting in the church basement in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Scoop and Jim.
(b) Fran and Becky.
(c) Amy and Sophie.
(d) Debbie and Jennifer.
12. Which of the following painters are specifically mentioned by Heidi in her class?
(a) Grandma Moses.
(b) Sofonisba Anguissola.
(d) Thomas Hart Benton.
13. Why does Becky question Jill when Jill makes her offer?
(a) Jill is unemployed.
(b) Jill does not have a home.
(c) Jill has said she wants to take care of herself.
(d) Jill has a family.
14. What is the purpose of the Prologue to Act I?
(a) To show how Heidi has regressed in her views.
(b) To discuss Susan.
(c) To introduce all of the characters.
(d) To introduce the reader to Heidi on her own turf.
15. What does Debbie not allow Peter to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Hang out with Heidi.
(b) March on the curator's office.
(c) Date Heidi.
(d) Leave without saying good-bye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Heidi and Scoop's relationship?
2. What are Heidi and her friend Debbie protesting in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What primary thing do Heidi and her friend she meets at the high school dance have in common?
4. What kind of cultural influences dominate the high school dance?
5. What song ends Act 1, Scene 5?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)