|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song is playing when Heidi and her new friend she meets at the high school dance actually dance?
(a) "When a Man Loves a Woman."
(c) "The Shoop Shoop Song."
(d) "Dancing in the Streets."
2. What song is playing in the background when Heidi and her friend arrive at the high school dance?
(a) "Twist and Shout."
(b) "The Shoop Shoop Song."
(c) "Sixteen Candles."
(d) "Jailhouse Rock."
3. What is the name of the boy who approaches Heidi for a dance?
4. What one prediction does Scoop make at the party that involves Heidi?
(a) That they will have six children.
(b) That they will teach together.
(c) That they will be president.
(d) Predicts that one day they will remember that they thought they could fall in love with Heid.
5. What relationship is Heidi to Peter, according to Scoop?
(a) Peter's sister-in-law.
(b) Peter's fiance.
(c) Peter's sister.
(d) Peter's niece.
6. What primary thing do Heidi and her friend she meets at the high school dance have in common?
(a) They both smoke.
(b) Neither one of them fits into the cultural norms of the dance.
(c) They both like to dance.
(d) They both like "The Shoop Shoop Song."
7. Who does Heidi defend in Act 1, Scene 5?
8. What is the first thing that Scoop does to Heidi at this dance?
(a) Critiques her and tells her she has an inferiority complex.
(b) Deserts her at the party.
(c) Tells her she needs to lose weight.
(d) Tells her she needs to get a better job.
9. What does Heidi tell the young man who asks her to dance?
(a) That she would love to dance.
(b) That she dislikes him.
(c) That she cannot leave her friend.
(d) That she is too sick to dance.
10. Three years after the high school dance, who is Heidi campaigning for?
(a) George Bush.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Eugene McCarthy.
(d) Bill Clinton.
11. What is the focus of the group of women meeting in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) How to keep pigeons away from downtown.
(b) Traffic flow in neighborhoods.
(c) Art history and gender issues.
(d) Women's consciousness-raising discussion.
12. Who arrives and begins to make fun of Heidi's and Debbie's protest?
13. Who is Sofonisba Anguissola considered equal to?
14. What does Heidi invite Peter and his friend to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Go to the movies.
(b) March on the curator's office.
(c) Join her for dinner.
(d) Take a trip to Boston with her.
15. Which one of the following artists does Heidi criticize?
(a) Clara Peters.
(b) Daniel Pollera.
(c) Lily Martin Spencer.
(d) Zona Rosa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Heidi's friend's reason for attending the dance?
2. What kind of cultural influences dominate the high school dance?
3. What song is playing when Act 1, Scene 3 ends?
4. In what decade does the high school take place?
5. What reason does Scoop give Heidi for not marrying her?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)