|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Becky's story?
(a) Living on her own with an abusive boyfriend.
(b) Becky is adopted.
(c) Becky struggles with weight issues.
(d) Becky is a high-school drop-out.
2. What one prediction does Scoop make at the party that involves Heidi?
(a) That they will teach together.
(b) That they will have six children.
(c) That they will be president.
(d) Predicts that one day they will remember that they thought they could fall in love with Heid.
3. What is wrong with Heidi and Scoop's relationship?
(a) Heidi's life revolves around waiting for his phone calls.
(b) Heidi is very career oriented.
(c) Scoop wants to move in together and Heidi is not ready.
(d) Scoop travels.
4. What is the purpose of the Prologue to Act I?
(a) To show how Heidi has regressed in her views.
(b) To introduce the reader to Heidi on her own turf.
(c) To introduce all of the characters.
(d) To discuss Susan.
5. What relationship is Heidi to Peter, according to Scoop?
(a) Peter's sister.
(b) Peter's fiance.
(c) Peter's niece.
(d) Peter's sister-in-law.
6. What is the focus of the group of women meeting in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Art history and gender issues.
(b) How to keep pigeons away from downtown.
(c) Women's consciousness-raising discussion.
(d) Traffic flow in neighborhoods.
7. What are the names of the other two women working with Jill to set up for the group meeting in the church basement in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Fran and Becky.
(b) Scoop and Jim.
(c) Amy and Sophie.
(d) Debbie and Jennifer.
8. What has Susan been doing with her life as mentioned in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Running for a political office.
(b) Traveling with Heidi.
(c) Attending law school.
(d) Living on a sheep ranch with Molly.
9. How does Scoop respond to Heidi's decision at the end of the party?
(a) Pouts and leaves the party.
(b) Clenches his fist in conquest.
(c) Wishes her good luck and leaves.
(d) Gives a high-five.
10. Who is Sofonisba Anguissola considered equal to?
11. What is Lisa's occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) A fashion designer.
(b) A college professor.
(c) A children's book illustrator.
(d) A model.
12. What is the first thing that Scoop does to Heidi at this dance?
(a) Tells her she needs to lose weight.
(b) Deserts her at the party.
(c) Critiques her and tells her she has an inferiority complex.
(d) Tells her she needs to get a better job.
13. What statement segues into Act I, Scene 1?
(a) "You've come a long way, baby."
(b) "What more could women want?"
(c) "Hang onto your friend, nothing lasts forever."
(d) "You hang around waiting to see what might happen."
14. What does Heidi do to try to get away from Scoop at this dance?
(a) Says she is late for class.
(b) Hides in the bathroom.
(c) Says she is due at her mother's house.
(d) Gives a fake name.
15. What reason does Scoop give Heidi for not marrying her?
(a) Lisa is good for him.
(b) He loves Lisa.
(c) He and Heidi would be competing for self-fulfillment.
(d) Heidi is too passive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan tell the women's group about Heidi?
2. Three years after the high school dance, who is Heidi campaigning for?
3. What is Peter's current occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
4. What song is the dance for "Ladies' Choice?"
5. In the Prologue to Act I, how does Heidi, in retrospect, view herself at the high school dance?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)