|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other two characteristics describe Heidi?
(a) Angry and lazy.
(b) Prickly and stubborn.
(c) Uneducated and unkind.
(d) Funny and a feminist.
2. What is the name of Heidi's friend that goes to the dance with her?
(a) Susan Johnston.
(b) Patricia Lankin.
(c) Lisa Moore.
(d) Mary Johnson.
3. Why is Heidi annoyed with Peter in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He will not leave the protest.
(b) He is gay and not in love with her.
(c) He insists on insulting Scoop.
(d) He shows up unexpectedly.
4. What is the focus of the group of women meeting in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Traffic flow in neighborhoods.
(b) Art history and gender issues.
(c) Women's consciousness-raising discussion.
(d) How to keep pigeons away from downtown.
5. What is wrong with Heidi and Scoop's relationship?
(a) Heidi's life revolves around waiting for his phone calls.
(b) Scoop travels.
(c) Heidi is very career oriented.
(d) Scoop wants to move in together and Heidi is not ready.
6. What decision does Susan announce at the women's group meeting in the church basement?
(a) Susan is going on a European trip.
(b) Susan has a boyfriend.
(c) Susan is taking a position at the Law Review.
(d) Susan is getting married.
7. Where is Lisa from?
(a) New York.
(c) San Antonio.
(d) San Diego.
8. What does Heidi tell the young man who asks her to dance?
(a) That she dislikes him.
(b) That she cannot leave her friend.
(c) That she would love to dance.
(d) That she is too sick to dance.
9. What piece of information does Peter share with Heidi in Chicago?
(a) He is gay.
(b) He is about to be married.
(c) He hates medical school.
(d) He is moving to Italy.
10. What is Heidi's friend's reason for attending the dance?
(a) To have refreshments.
(b) To become popular.
(c) To meet a boy.
(d) To smoke.
11. What is one wish that Heidi shares with the women's group meeting in the church basement?
(a) Heidi wishes she did not come to the meeting.
(b) That Susan would have kept quiet.
(c) The group could be friends forever.
(d) The next generation of women will feel more worthwhile.
12. What song is playing in the background when Heidi and her friend arrive at the high school dance?
(a) "The Shoop Shoop Song."
(b) "Twist and Shout."
(c) "Jailhouse Rock."
(d) "Sixteen Candles."
13. What is Lisa's occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) A college professor.
(b) A fashion designer.
(c) A children's book illustrator.
(d) A model.
14. What piece of advice does Heidi's friend give her at their high school dance?
(a) To dance to every song that plays.
(b) To not look desperate.
(c) To not smoke in front of the teachers.
(d) To not eat the cookies as they have been touched.
15. What are Heidi and her friend Debbie protesting in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) The policies of President Nixon.
(b) The lack of support for female politicians.
(c) The price of groceries.
(d) The Age of Napoleon exhibit includes no women artists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Heidi initially choose not to share her struggle with the women's group in the church basement?
2. Which one of the following artists does Heidi criticize?
3. Who is Sofonisba Anguissola considered equal to?
4. Why is Peter irritated with Heidi in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What does Heidi say about one of the paintings by artist that she is critical of?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)