|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue to Act I, how does Heidi, in retrospect, view herself at the high school dance?
(b) Very assertive.
(c) Looking for a boyfriend.
(d) Not as confident and as proactive as she is now.
2. What song is in the background during Act I, Scene 2?
(a) "Isn't She Lovely?"
(b) "Take a Piece of My Heart."
(c) "The Macarena."
(d) "My Girl."
3. In this prologue, what is Heidi's topic addressing?
(a) The Middle Ages.
(c) Great women of art.
(d) Great literature of the 20th century.
4. What talents do Heidi's friend's partner possess?
(a) He can wink and smoke at the same time.
(b) He is able to smoke and twist at the same time.
(c) He can twirl a basketball on one finger.
(d) He can bat his eyes.
5. What is Scoop's prediction?
(a) That he will be an actor.
(b) That Heidi will be a university dean.
(c) He will remember that he thought he could fall in love with her.
(d) That he will be president.
6. What is one thing that Heidi does at the high school dance that might be considered unusual, considering where she was?
(a) She tries to start The Wave.
(b) She sits down to read.
(c) She dances by herself.
(d) She sings karoake.
7. What does Heidi say about one of the paintings by artist that she is critical of?
(a) You have to wait around to see what happens.
(b) The color scheme is too bold.
(c) The painting has no depth.
(d) The subject is too boring.
8. In what year does the prologue take place?
9. Three years after the high school dance, who is Heidi campaigning for?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) Eugene McCarthy.
(d) George Bush.
10. Who is Sofonisba Anguissola considered equal to?
11. What is the focus of the group of women meeting in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) How to keep pigeons away from downtown.
(b) Traffic flow in neighborhoods.
(c) Women's consciousness-raising discussion.
(d) Art history and gender issues.
12. What has Susan been doing with her life as mentioned in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Attending law school.
(b) Traveling with Heidi.
(c) Running for a political office.
(d) Living on a sheep ranch with Molly.
13. What is Peter's current occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
(c) Pediatrician with a thriving practice.
14. What does Debbie not allow Peter to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Date Heidi.
(b) March on the curator's office.
(c) Hang out with Heidi.
(d) Leave without saying good-bye.
15. What decision does Susan announce at the women's group meeting in the church basement?
(a) Susan is taking a position at the Law Review.
(b) Susan is going on a European trip.
(c) Susan has a boyfriend.
(d) Susan is getting married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Becky question Jill when Jill makes her offer?
2. Who does Heidi meet at the party in Act 1, Scene 2, that turns out to be a life-long friend?
3. What primary thing do Heidi and her friend she meets at the high school dance have in common?
4. What statement segues into Act I, Scene 1?
5. Why is Peter irritated with Heidi in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)