|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boy who approaches Heidi for a dance?
2. What song is the dance for "Ladies' Choice?"
(b) "Love Potion No. 9."
(d) "Ladies' Night."
3. What does Scoop insist on calling Heidi at his wedding?
4. What statement segues into Act I, Scene 1?
(a) "You've come a long way, baby."
(b) "Hang onto your friend, nothing lasts forever."
(c) "What more could women want?"
(d) "You hang around waiting to see what might happen."
5. What is Heidi's reasoning for sitting a little outside of the group at the women's meeting in the church basement?
(a) Heidi thinks this discussion group is silly.
(b) Because Heidi is just visiting.
(c) Heidi feels awkward being there.
(d) Heidi has a cold and doesn't want to spread germs.
6. In what decade does the high school take place?
(a) The 1980's.
(b) The 1970's.
(c) The 1960's.
(d) The 1950's.
7. What is Becky's story?
(a) Becky is adopted.
(b) Becky is a high-school drop-out.
(c) Living on her own with an abusive boyfriend.
(d) Becky struggles with weight issues.
8. Three years after the high school dance, who is Heidi campaigning for?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Eugene McCarthy.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Bill Clinton.
9. What is Heidi attending when Act 1, Scene 5 opens?
(a) Peter's wedding.
(b) An art exhibit.
(c) The wedding of Scoop and Lisa.
(d) The movies.
10. Where is Lisa from?
(a) San Antonio.
(c) New York.
(d) San Diego.
11. What is the name of Heidi's friend that goes to the dance with her?
(a) Lisa Moore.
(b) Patricia Lankin.
(c) Susan Johnston.
(d) Mary Johnson.
12. What is one wish that Heidi shares with the women's group meeting in the church basement?
(a) The next generation of women will feel more worthwhile.
(b) The group could be friends forever.
(c) That Susan would have kept quiet.
(d) Heidi wishes she did not come to the meeting.
13. In what city is Heidi during the Prologue?
(c) New York.
14. What piece of advice does Heidi's friend give her at their high school dance?
(a) To not smoke in front of the teachers.
(b) To not look desperate.
(c) To dance to every song that plays.
(d) To not eat the cookies as they have been touched.
15. Who does Heidi consider the greatest artist of the 17th century?
(a) Clara Peters.
(b) Grandma Moses.
(c) Lily Martin Spencer.
(d) Sofonishba Anguissola.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heidi decide to do at the end of the party?
2. What is the focus of the group of women meeting in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. In Act I, Scene 2, what are Heidi's feelings toward women?
4. What do Heidi and her new friend she meets at the high school dance do?
5. Why does Heidi initially choose not to share her struggle with the women's group in the church basement?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)