|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song ends Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) "Bohemian Rhapsody."
(b) "You Send Me."
(c) "You are So Beautiful."
(d) "You're So Vain."
2. What location does Act 1, Scene 4 open in?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Times Square.
(c) Chicago Art Institute.
(d) Washington, D.C.
3. What does Scoop insist on calling Heidi at his wedding?
4. What statement segues into Act I, Scene 1?
(a) "Hang onto your friend, nothing lasts forever."
(b) "What more could women want?"
(c) "You've come a long way, baby."
(d) "You hang around waiting to see what might happen."
5. What is the purpose of the Prologue to Act I?
(a) To introduce all of the characters.
(b) To discuss Susan.
(c) To show how Heidi has regressed in her views.
(d) To introduce the reader to Heidi on her own turf.
6. What does Jill offer Becky?
(a) Tuition money for college.
(b) A job.
(c) Money to live on.
(d) To share her home with Becky.
7. Who encourages Heidi to join in and not just be a visitor?
8. What does Heidi say about one of the paintings by artist that she is critical of?
(a) The color scheme is too bold.
(b) You have to wait around to see what happens.
(c) The painting has no depth.
(d) The subject is too boring.
9. Who helps Heidi to "open up" to the women's group in the church basement?
10. When Heidi arrives at the dance in Act 1, Scene 2, who is singing?
(a) Janis Joplin.
(b) Pat Benatar.
(c) The Supremes.
(d) Aretha Franklin.
11. What is Becky's story?
(a) Becky is a high-school drop-out.
(b) Living on her own with an abusive boyfriend.
(c) Becky struggles with weight issues.
(d) Becky is adopted.
12. Which of the two characters are clerking for the same Supreme Court Judge in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Susan and Jill.
(b) Heidi and Peter.
(c) Susan and Scoop.
(d) Becky and Fran.
13. What is Heidi's friend's reason for attending the dance?
(a) To meet a boy.
(b) To have refreshments.
(c) To smoke.
(d) To become popular.
14. Why does Heidi initially choose not to share her struggle with the women's group in the church basement?
(a) Heidi does not like the women in the group.
(b) Heidi believes that her struggle is personal.
(c) She embarrasses easily.
(d) She does not feel like she is struggling.
15. What song is playing when Heidi and her new friend she meets at the high school dance actually dance?
(a) "Dancing in the Streets."
(c) "The Shoop Shoop Song."
(d) "When a Man Loves a Woman."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives and begins to make fun of Heidi's and Debbie's protest?
2. What are the names of the other two women working with Jill to set up for the group meeting in the church basement in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What do Heidi and her new friend she meets at the high school dance do?
4. Who is Sofonisba Anguissola considered equal to?
5. In Act I, Scene 2, what are Heidi's feelings toward women?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)