|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Prologue to Act I?
(a) To discuss Susan.
(b) To show how Heidi has regressed in her views.
(c) To introduce all of the characters.
(d) To introduce the reader to Heidi on her own turf.
2. What does Scoop ask Heidi to do the evening of the party?
(a) Go to bed with them.
(b) Go on a vacation with them.
(c) Dance with them.
(d) Learn to relax.
3. What year does Act 1, Scene 3 open in?
4. Why is Peter irritated with Heidi in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She is protesting the wrong issues.
(b) Because she forgot the anniversary of their friendship.
(c) She hangs out with odd people.
(d) She is involved with Scoop.
5. What is the name of the boy who approaches Heidi for a dance?
6. What does Scoop do at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Proposes a toast to Lisa.
(b) Comes back in and dances with Heidi.
(c) Dances with Lisa.
(d) Arm wrestles Peter for Heid's affection.
7. What relationship is Heidi to Peter, according to Scoop?
(a) Peter's sister-in-law.
(b) Peter's niece.
(c) Peter's sister.
(d) Peter's fiance.
8. What would be an accurate description of Jill?
(a) 30-something lawyer.
(b) 50-something college professor.
(c) 20-something college student.
(d) 40-year-old suburban housewife.
9. What is Heidi's reasoning for sitting a little outside of the group at the women's meeting in the church basement?
(a) Heidi thinks this discussion group is silly.
(b) Heidi has a cold and doesn't want to spread germs.
(c) Because Heidi is just visiting.
(d) Heidi feels awkward being there.
10. Who does Heidi consider the greatest artist of the 17th century?
(a) Clara Peters.
(b) Lily Martin Spencer.
(c) Grandma Moses.
(d) Sofonishba Anguissola.
11. What song is in the background during Act I, Scene 2?
(a) "Isn't She Lovely?"
(b) "The Macarena."
(c) "My Girl."
(d) "Take a Piece of My Heart."
12. What is Heidi's class reviewing for?
(a) Mid-term exam.
(b) A comprehensive final exam.
(c) The ACT.
(d) The GRE.
13. Which of the two characters are clerking for the same Supreme Court Judge in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Susan and Scoop.
(b) Susan and Jill.
(c) Becky and Fran.
(d) Heidi and Peter.
14. What is Becky's story?
(a) Living on her own with an abusive boyfriend.
(b) Becky is a high-school drop-out.
(c) Becky struggles with weight issues.
(d) Becky is adopted.
15. What does Heidi tell the young man who asks her to dance?
(a) That she dislikes him.
(b) That she cannot leave her friend.
(c) That she is too sick to dance.
(d) That she would love to dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lisa's occupation in Act 1, Scene 5?
2. In what decade does the high school take place?
3. What demand does Peter make of Heidi in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. In what year does the prologue take place?
5. Who encourages Heidi to join in and not just be a visitor?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)