|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What primary thing do Heidi and her friend she meets at the high school dance have in common?
(a) They both like "The Shoop Shoop Song."
(b) Neither one of them fits into the cultural norms of the dance.
(c) They both smoke.
(d) They both like to dance.
2. In what decade does the high school take place?
(a) The 1980's.
(b) The 1970's.
(c) The 1960's.
(d) The 1950's.
3. What song is playing when Heidi and her new friend she meets at the high school dance actually dance?
(a) "Dancing in the Streets."
(c) "The Shoop Shoop Song."
(d) "When a Man Loves a Woman."
4. What song is the dance for "Ladies' Choice?"
(c) "Love Potion No. 9."
(d) "Ladies' Night."
5. Why is Peter irritated with Heidi in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Because she forgot the anniversary of their friendship.
(b) She hangs out with odd people.
(c) She is protesting the wrong issues.
(d) She is involved with Scoop.
6. What decision does Susan announce at the women's group meeting in the church basement?
(a) Susan has a boyfriend.
(b) Susan is going on a European trip.
(c) Susan is getting married.
(d) Susan is taking a position at the Law Review.
7. What does Debbie not allow Peter to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Hang out with Heidi.
(b) Date Heidi.
(c) Leave without saying good-bye.
(d) March on the curator's office.
8. When Peter complains in Act 1, Scene 4, that he doesn't see Heidi often, what reason does she give?
(a) She has a new boyfriend.
(b) She is involved in women's issues.
(c) She is taking care of her parents.
(d) She is working on her dissertation.
9. Who does Heidi defend in Act 1, Scene 5?
10. What is Heidi's class reviewing for?
(a) The ACT.
(b) The GRE.
(c) Mid-term exam.
(d) A comprehensive final exam.
11. What does Scoop project that Heidi wishes she had more of?
12. What other two characteristics describe Heidi?
(a) Prickly and stubborn.
(b) Uneducated and unkind.
(c) Angry and lazy.
(d) Funny and a feminist.
13. What relationship is Heidi to Peter, according to Scoop?
(a) Peter's niece.
(b) Peter's sister.
(c) Peter's fiance.
(d) Peter's sister-in-law.
14. The opening scene in Act I, Scene 3 has what song in the background?
(c) Stand by your Man.
(d) Me and Bobby McGee.
15. What is Heidi's high school friend doing in Chicago in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Attending a conference.
(b) Completing a medical internship.
(c) Attending graduate school in business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one characteristic that would describe Heidi?
2. What is Scoop's prediction?
3. What is Heidi attending when Act 1, Scene 5 opens?
4. What is Heidi's friend's reason for attending the dance?
5. What does Heidi tell the young man who asks her to dance?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)