Short Essay Questions Key
1. Describe the subject Heidi discusses in her class in 1989.
Heidi is discussing the great art of women and how they are not mentioned in art history textbooks.
2. Heidi criticizes the painting of Lily Martin Spencer for a particular reason. What is that reason?
Heidi says the painting reminds her of a high school dance where you hang around waiting to see what will happen.
3. Describe Heidi's personality.
Heidi is funny, confident and an articulate feminist.
4. Heidi discloses information about herself when mentioning her high school dance. What is that piece of information?
Heidi is revealing that she was not always so confident and proactive in her life. She began her feminist journey as a passive participant, waiting to see what might happen in her life.
5. What is the purpose of this Prologue to Act 1?
The purpose is to introduce the reader to Heidi Holland. The reader is actually starting with the end of the story. By seeing the "end" result of Heidi, the stage is set to look back and to follow her journey through feminism from high school, or more specifically, from the high school dance.
This section contains 2,668 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)