Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Prologue to Act 1
1. Describe the subject Heidi discusses in her class in 1989.
2. Heidi criticizes the painting of Lily Martin Spencer for a particular reason. What is that reason?
3. Describe Heidi's personality.
4. Heidi discloses information about herself when mentioning her high school dance. What is that piece of information?
5. What is the purpose of this Prologue to Act 1?
6. By reading the Prologue, what facts do we learn about Heidi and the play in general?
This section contains 949 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)