Prologue to Act 1
• The year is 1989 and Heidi Holland is reviewing for the upcoming midterm exam with her art history class.
• The subject she is covering is women's art.
• None of the women Heidi discusses are represented in the textbooks the students are using.
• Three women artists are introduced.
• Heidi criticizes Lily Martin Spencer's painting.
• Heidi feels the Spencer painting is like attending a high school dance where you stand around waiting to see what will happen.
Act 1, Scene 1
• Heidi and her friend Susan attend the high school dance in 1965.
• The Shoop Shoop Song is playing.
• Susan gives Heidi advice.
• Susan asks a guy to dance during Ladies Choice and leaves Heidi.
• Heidi meets Peter and they become fast friends.
Act 1, Scene 2
• It is 3 years later and Heidi is a college student.
• At another dance, Heidi meets Scoop Rosenbaum.
• Scoop grades everything and everybody.
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)