Prologue to Act 1
* The year is 1989 and Heidi Holland is reviewing for the upcoming midterm exam with her art history class.
* The subject she is covering is women's art.
* None of the women Heidi discusses are represented in the textbooks the students are using.
* Three women artists are introduced.
* Heidi criticizes Lily Martin Spencer's painting.
* Heidi feels the Spencer painting is like attending a high school dance where you stand around waiting to see what will happen.
Act 1, Scene 1
* Heidi and her friend Susan attend the high school dance in 1965.
* The Shoop Shoop Song is playing.
* Susan gives Heidi advice.
* Susan asks a guy to dance during Ladies Choice and leaves Heidi.
* Heidi meets Peter and they become fast friends.
Act 1, Scene 2
* It is 3 years later and Heidi is a college student.
* At another dance, Heidi meets Scoop Rosenbaum.
* Scoop grades everything and everybody.
* Scoop knows about Heidi...
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)