Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Prologue to Act 1 Abstract
* The year is 1989 and Heidi Holland is reviewing for the upcoming midterm exam with her art history class.
* The subject she is covering is women's art.
* None of the women Heidi discusses are represented in the textbooks the students are using.
* Three women artists are introduced.
* Heidi criticizes Lily Martin Spencer's painting...
This section contains 1,232 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)