|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) To help him with his work.
(b) To be less distant with Julle.
(c) To try and get out in society.
(d) To show her affection towards him.
2. Why are people concerned about Rina?
(a) She is about to have a child.
(b) She is missing.
(c) She is elderly and bedridden.
(d) She recently offended an important man.
3. How does Hedda feel about the house she lives in?
(a) She loves the way the house has been furnished.
(b) She thinks it smells of old ladies and death.
(c) She thinks the house will be good for raising a family.
(d) She thinks the house is plain and depressing.
4. What does Hedda tell Brack about her trip with Tesman?
(a) She liked the people she met abroad.
(b) She missed her wonderful home.
(c) She was very bored with only Tesman for company.
(d) She wishes she never had to return home.
5. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
(a) She plans on returning every day to visit.
(b) She is afraid she'll be too busy to come often.
(c) She will return to spend the winter.
(d) She plans never to return.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
2. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
3. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
4. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
5. What does Hedda confess to Brack regarding her feelings toward Tesman?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)