|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda confess to Brack regarding her feelings toward Tesman?
(a) She adores him.
(b) She has never loved him.
(c) She admires him greatly and will grow to love him.
(d) She can't understand why she doesn't love him.
2. What is Lovborg going to do for Tesman?
(a) Wait until Tesman has the professorship before publishing his book.
(b) Help him with his book.
(c) Stay with Hedda so Tesman can leave for Brack's party.
(d) Recommend Tesman for another post if Lovborg is rewarded the professorship.
3. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
(a) An open window.
(b) The difficulty with servants.
(c) How long it has been since they've met.
(d) Having nothing to do.
4. What are Brack's views on his own marriage prospects?
(a) He is still waiting for the right woman to come into his life.
(b) He wishes he had proposed to Hedda while she was available.
(c) He prefers to maintain 'friendships' with married ladies.
(d) He does not care for the company of women.
5. When Tesman and Brack first invite Lovborg to Brack's party, what does Lovborg do?
(a) Cautiously agree to go.
(c) Warmly accept as a way to regain old ties.
(d) Agree to stay with Hedda when she asks him to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing that Hedda says she has an aptitude for?
2. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
3. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
4. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
5. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)