|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
(a) Make arrangements for a celebration.
(b) Summon Brack to the house.
(c) Warn Mrs Elvsted's husband of her whereabouts.
(d) Invite Ejlert Lovborg over that evening.
2. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
(a) Concerned and thoughtful.
(b) Excited and bubbly.
(c) Nervous and desperate.
(d) Confident and cheery.
3. To what does Brack invite Tesman?
(a) A stag dinner.
(b) A discussion of the professorship.
(c) A party at the home of a wealthy relative.
(d) A literary gathering.
4. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
(a) No, the item belonged to Julle.
(b) Yes, they were always returning things to her.
(c) No, Hedda had left it and forgotten about it.
(d) Yes, and they dismissed her for it.
5. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
(d) Visiting relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
2. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
3. What does Lovborg want Tesman to see?
4. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
5. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)