|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Nephew and aunt.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Close friends.
2. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
(a) She was the beautiful daughter of a poor family.
(b) She was a school teacher.
(c) She was the popular daughter of a general.
(d) She was the heiress to a large fortune.
3. To whom does Hedda not speak in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
4. To what does Brack invite Tesman?
(a) A literary gathering.
(b) A party at the home of a wealthy relative.
(c) A discussion of the professorship.
(d) A stag dinner.
5. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
(a) His favorite slippers.
(b) A hat.
(c) An unexplained package.
(d) A suitcase of documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
2. What does Mrs Elvsted tell Hedda that Lovborg has done for her specifically because he knew she wanted it?
3. What are Brack's views on his own marriage prospects?
4. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
5. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)