|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
(a) She tried to shoot him with a pistol.
(b) She had rejected Lovborg for another man.
(c) She was a remarkable beauty, with red hair.
(d) Lovborg had asked her to marry him.
2. What does Hedda want at the end of 1Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A salon, a footman, and a horse.
(b) To be reunited with old friends.
(c) A child.
(d) Peace from the world to be with her family.
3. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
(a) Writes a letter.
(b) Opens a window.
(c) Hugs Hedda.
(d) Reads a manuscript.
4. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
(a) Making sense of confusing information.
(b) Seeing the influence of small actions.
(c) Foreseeing the direction society will take.
(d) Collecting and arranging.
5. When Tesman and Brack first invite Lovborg to Brack's party, what does Lovborg do?
(a) Cautiously agree to go.
(c) Agree to stay with Hedda when she asks him to.
(d) Warmly accept as a way to regain old ties.
Short Answer Questions
1. From their conversation, what can one infer about Brack and Hedda in Act 2?
2. What does Tesman thank Brack for when Brack arrives at the house for the first time in Act 1?
3. How does Hedda feel about the house she lives in?
4. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
5. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)