|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
(a) Spending the summer in the country.
(b) The funeral of Hedda's father.
(c) Their honeymoon.
(d) Visiting a relative that is unwell.
2. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
(a) Tesman was gone too long on his travels.
(b) There are doubts about Tesman's character.
(c) Lovborg is also being considered for the post.
(d) The subject of Tesman's book is irrevelant to the post.
3. What role did Ejlert Lovborg play in the Elvsted household prior to the happenings in the play Hedda Gabler?
(a) He tutored the children.
(b) He was the protege of Mr Elvsted.
(c) He was a close friend of Mr Elvsted.
(d) He was a distant relation.
4. In Act 2, why does Julle send word she will not be visiting Hedda and Tesman that evening?
(a) She is still ofended about the hat.
(b) Rina is getting worse.
(c) She does not feel welcome.
(d) She has another social engagement.
5. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Respect and fear.
(b) Concern and honesty.
(c) Jealousy and disdain.
(d) Kindness and friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tesman and Brack first invite Lovborg to Brack's party, what does Lovborg do?
2. How does Hedda feel about the possibility of motherhood?
3. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
4. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
5. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)