|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brack's reaction when he realizes that Tesman is not at home and that he is alone with Hedda?
(a) Brack apologizes for the intrusion and withdraws.
(b) Brack is pleased and says he would have come earlier.
(c) Brack tells Hedda a secret.
(d) Brack is uncomfortable and makes awkward conversation.
2. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
(a) She is afraid she'll be too busy to come often.
(b) She plans on returning every day to visit.
(c) She plans never to return.
(d) She will return to spend the winter.
3. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
(a) A suitcase full of notes and research.
(b) His pistols.
(c) Some money he's saved.
(d) Some personal letters he doesn't want Hedda to see.
4. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
(a) Excited and bubbly.
(b) Concerned and thoughtful.
(c) Confident and cheery.
(d) Nervous and desperate.
5. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
(a) That she doesn't love her husband.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she is letting herself go.
(d) That she lives a life of leisure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of friends were Mrs Elvsted and Hedda in school?
2. What does Tesman bring home with him in the second act of HEDDA GABLER?
3. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
4. Which of the following best compares the nature of Tesman's book to the nature of Lovborg's book?
5. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)