|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
(a) She had rejected Lovborg for another man.
(b) Lovborg had asked her to marry him.
(c) She tried to shoot him with a pistol.
(d) She was a remarkable beauty, with red hair.
2. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
(a) That she lives a life of leisure.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she doesn't love her husband.
(d) That she is letting herself go.
3. What is Lovborg going to do for Tesman?
(a) Help him with his book.
(b) Recommend Tesman for another post if Lovborg is rewarded the professorship.
(c) Wait until Tesman has the professorship before publishing his book.
(d) Stay with Hedda so Tesman can leave for Brack's party.
4. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
(a) Reads a manuscript.
(b) Writes a letter.
(c) Hugs Hedda.
(d) Opens a window.
5. What does Tesman bring home with him in the second act of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A pile of books for his research.
(b) A new instrument for Hedda.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A letter from Mr Elvsted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
2. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
3. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
4. To whom does Hedda not speak in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
5. What does Lovborg want Tesman to see?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)