|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
(a) Because she knows Hedda is unhappy.
(b) Because she has just left her husband.
(c) Because her husband is unfaithful.
(d) Because her husband is an old flame of Hedda's.
2. What role did Ejlert Lovborg play in the Elvsted household prior to the happenings in the play Hedda Gabler?
(a) He was a distant relation.
(b) He was the protege of Mr Elvsted.
(c) He was a close friend of Mr Elvsted.
(d) He tutored the children.
3. Who embroidered Tesman's slippers?
(b) His Aunt Rina.
4. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
(a) She had rejected Lovborg for another man.
(b) She tried to shoot him with a pistol.
(c) Lovborg had asked her to marry him.
(d) She was a remarkable beauty, with red hair.
5. What does Mrs Elvsted tell Hedda that Lovborg has done for her specifically because he knew she wanted it?
(a) Seperates her from her husband.
(b) Gives up his dissolute ways.
(c) Writes a book.
(d) Returns to town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
2. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
3. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
4. What are Brack's views on his own marriage prospects?
5. What does Hedda want at the end of 1Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)