|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
(a) Hedda needed everything unpacked and put away in a particular manner.
(b) They were celebrating the return to their new home.
(c) Julle was ill.
(d) Berte was was having a party next door.
2. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
(a) She moved to town some years ago.
(b) She has always lived here.
(c) She is very recently arrived.
(d) Her whole family recently moved into town from the country.
3. How does Hedda feel about the house she lives in?
(a) She thinks the house will be good for raising a family.
(b) She thinks it smells of old ladies and death.
(c) She thinks the house is plain and depressing.
(d) She loves the way the house has been furnished.
4. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
(a) There are doubts about Tesman's character.
(b) Tesman was gone too long on his travels.
(c) The subject of Tesman's book is irrevelant to the post.
(d) Lovborg is also being considered for the post.
5. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
(a) Happy to be home.
(b) Tired and overwhelmed.
(c) Angry and tense.
(d) Resigned and content.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
2. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
3. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
4. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
5. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)