|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
(a) Passionate and unwise.
(b) Comfortable and satisfactory.
(c) Loveless and convenient.
(d) Abusive and horrible.
2. When Tesman and Brack first invite Lovborg to Brack's party, what does Lovborg do?
(a) Agree to stay with Hedda when she asks him to.
(b) Cautiously agree to go.
(c) Warmly accept as a way to regain old ties.
3. What does Lovborg want Tesman to see?
(a) That he is a potential candidate for the professorship.
(b) The manuscript to his next book.
(c) Evidence of his reformed ways.
(d) That he is a better writer than Tesman.
4. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
(a) Bossy and callous.
(b) Tolerant and accepting.
(c) Afectionate and doting.
(d) Intimidated and reverent.
5. What is Lovborg going to do for Tesman?
(a) Stay with Hedda so Tesman can leave for Brack's party.
(b) Recommend Tesman for another post if Lovborg is rewarded the professorship.
(c) Wait until Tesman has the professorship before publishing his book.
(d) Help him with his book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
2. Why is the professorship so important to Tesman?
3. What are Brack's views on his own marriage prospects?
4. What is the one thing that Hedda says she has an aptitude for?
5. From their conversation, what can one infer about Brack and Hedda in Act 2?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)