|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
(a) She is very recently arrived.
(b) She has always lived here.
(c) Her whole family recently moved into town from the country.
(d) She moved to town some years ago.
2. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
(a) Nervous and desperate.
(b) Concerned and thoughtful.
(c) Confident and cheery.
(d) Excited and bubbly.
3. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
(a) Loveless and convenient.
(b) Passionate and unwise.
(c) Abusive and horrible.
(d) Comfortable and satisfactory.
4. What does Lovborg want Tesman to see?
(a) The manuscript to his next book.
(b) That he is a potential candidate for the professorship.
(c) Evidence of his reformed ways.
(d) That he is a better writer than Tesman.
5. Why is the professorship so important to Tesman?
(a) He wants to make Hedda and Julle proud of him.
(b) He based his marriage and finances on the prospects of the job.
(c) So he will finally outshine Lovborg.
(d) He desperately wants some academic recognition.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, who are the two people expected to be visiting the Tesman home in the evening?
2. Who does Tesman invite over to their house for evening in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
3. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
4. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
5. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)