|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing that Hedda says she has an aptitude for?
(a) To be a wife.
(b) To bore herself.
(c) Light conversation.
(d) To dance and be merry.
2. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
(a) Merchant and importer.
(b) Tesman does not work.
(d) Academic researcher and aspiring professor.
3. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
(b) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
(c) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
(d) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
4. Who does Tesman invite over to their house for evening in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Ejlert Lovborg.
(b) Mrs Elvsted.
5. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
(a) Lovborg had asked her to marry him.
(b) She had rejected Lovborg for another man.
(c) She tried to shoot him with a pistol.
(d) She was a remarkable beauty, with red hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
2. What is Brack's reaction when he realizes that Tesman is not at home and that he is alone with Hedda?
3. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
4. What does Mrs Elvsted ask of Tesman in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
5. What does Tesman thank Brack for when Brack arrives at the house for the first time in Act 1?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)