|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tesman tell Brack about Tesman and Hedda's trip?
(a) They spent every moment together.
(b) It was long and difficult.
(c) They missed their home terribly.
(d) Hedda had a very good time.
2. Which of the following best compares the nature of Tesman's book to the nature of Lovborg's book?
(a) The truth to the fanciful.
(b) The mundane to the visionary.
(c) The scholarly to the chaotic.
(d) The useful to the superfluous.
3. To whom does Hedda not speak in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
4. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
(b) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
(c) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
(d) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
5. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
(a) She plans on returning every day to visit.
(b) She plans never to return.
(c) She is afraid she'll be too busy to come often.
(d) She will return to spend the winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
2. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
3. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
4. What is the one thing that Hedda says she has an aptitude for?
5. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)