|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
(a) Leaves the Elvsted household to return to town.
(b) Falls in love with Diana, a red headed singer.
(c) Applies for a professorship.
(d) Inherits a fortune.
2. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
(a) It is disputed by the academic community.
(b) It becomes the most popular novel of the time.
(c) It is very well received and called 'a sensation'.
(d) It is ridiculed.
3. What is Brack's reaction when he realizes that Tesman is not at home and that he is alone with Hedda?
(a) Brack apologizes for the intrusion and withdraws.
(b) Brack is uncomfortable and makes awkward conversation.
(c) Brack is pleased and says he would have come earlier.
(d) Brack tells Hedda a secret.
4. Which of the following best compares the nature of Tesman's book to the nature of Lovborg's book?
(a) The truth to the fanciful.
(b) The scholarly to the chaotic.
(c) The mundane to the visionary.
(d) The useful to the superfluous.
5. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) A piano.
(b) A violin.
(c) A harp.
(d) A flute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
2. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
3. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
4. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
5. To what does Brack invite Tesman?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)