|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
(a) Skeptical and cautious.
(b) Proud, sure, and boastful.
(c) Fearful, thwarted, and rancorous.
(d) Protective, worried, and adoring.
2. What item in Hedda and Tesman's house has been moved out of view in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) The bouquet of flowers.
(b) The picture of Rina.
(c) Hedda's piano.
(d) The pistols.
3. What does Lovborg say about his recently published book?
(a) He is excited it is a success.
(b) It is his great masterpiece.
(c) There is nothing much in it, that he wrote a book everyone would agree with.
(d) It is important to him that it sells well.
4. What does Hedda do when Brack arrives in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Wishes Tesman were at home so she wouldn't have to be alone with Brack.
(b) Expresses her pleasure at being alone with Brack.
(c) ShootS at him with her pistol.
(d) HideS Tesman's manuscript.
5. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
(a) Falls in love with Diana, a red headed singer.
(b) Leaves the Elvsted household to return to town.
(c) Applies for a professorship.
(d) Inherits a fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tesman and Brack first invite Lovborg to Brack's party, what does Lovborg do?
2. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
3. What role did Ejlert Lovborg play in the Elvsted household prior to the happenings in the play Hedda Gabler?
4. When Hedda and Brack are discussing a trip in a compartment on a train, what are they really discussing?
5. What does Hedda want at the end of 1Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)