|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
(a) Unimportant and temporary.
(b) Comfortable and supportive.
(c) A disappointment and boring.
(d) Exciting and adventurous.
2. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
(a) Inherits a fortune.
(b) Falls in love with Diana, a red headed singer.
(c) Applies for a professorship.
(d) Leaves the Elvsted household to return to town.
3. What item in Hedda and Tesman's house has been moved out of view in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) The picture of Rina.
(b) Hedda's piano.
(c) The bouquet of flowers.
(d) The pistols.
4. In the second act, what do we learn about the hat incident?
(a) That Hedda was jealous of the hat.
(b) Hedda only pretended she thought the hat belonged to the maid.
(c) That Julle is still offended.
(d) That Hedda is sorry she said anything.
5. What does Mrs Elvsted ask of Tesman in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) To be kind to Lovborg and keep a watchful eye on him.
(b) To continue Lovborg's work.
(c) To let her know what he thinks of Lovborg's book.
(d) To let Lovborg have the professorship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
2. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
3. When did Lovborg write his book?
4. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
5. When Tesman and Brack first invite Lovborg to Brack's party, what does Lovborg do?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)