|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
(a) Rina owes Berte money.
(c) Berte is Rina's poor relative from the country.
(d) Berte nursed Rina for several years.
2. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
(a) Professional and competent.
(b) Loving and kind.
(c) Relaxed and lazy.
(d) Particular and demanding.
3. When did Lovborg write his book?
(a) In his "good days" before he started drinking.
(b) When he was unter the tutelage of Mr Elvsted.
(c) Within the year prior to the happenings in Hedda Gabler.
(d) During a long solitary vacation.
4. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
(b) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
(c) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
(d) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
5. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Concern and honesty.
(b) Jealousy and disdain.
(c) Respect and fear.
(d) Kindness and friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lovborg say about his recently published book?
2. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
3. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
4. What does Tesman bring home with him in the second act of HEDDA GABLER?
5. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)