|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda want at the end of 1Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) To be reunited with old friends.
(b) Peace from the world to be with her family.
(c) A salon, a footman, and a horse.
(d) A child.
2. In the second act, what do we learn about the hat incident?
(a) That Hedda was jealous of the hat.
(b) That Julle is still offended.
(c) That Hedda is sorry she said anything.
(d) Hedda only pretended she thought the hat belonged to the maid.
3. How does Hedda feel about the house she lives in?
(a) She loves the way the house has been furnished.
(b) She thinks the house will be good for raising a family.
(c) She thinks it smells of old ladies and death.
(d) She thinks the house is plain and depressing.
4. Who does Tesman invite over to their house for evening in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(c) Mrs Elvsted.
(d) Ejlert Lovborg.
5. What does Hedda dream of convincing Tesman to do?
(a) Go into politics.
(b) Move to the country.
(c) Get his book published.
(d) Become more fashionable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
2. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
3. How does Hedda feel about the possibility of motherhood?
4. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
5. What does Hedda confess to Brack regarding her feelings toward Tesman?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)