|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is Johnny Dartez working?
(a) Bob Rocker.
(b) Rocky Martinez.
(c) Bubba Rocque.
(d) Bubba Martinez.
2. With what police department did Dave used to work?
(b) Baton Rouge.
(c) New Orleans.
3. Who is Eddie Keats?
(a) Probably one of the men watching Dave's house.
(b) An INS agent.
(c) A New Orleans detective.
(d) Dautrieve's partner.
4. How is Robin punished?
(a) She is docked her pay for a week.
(b) She is fired.
(c) She is punched in the face.
(d) Her fingers are broken.
5. Why were two men who the INS arrested quickly released?
(a) They were American citizens.
(b) They work for Bubba Rocque.
(c) They were legal immigrants.
(d) They agreed to go back to their home country.
6. What are Dave and Annie doing?
(a) Scuba diving.
(b) Fishing and shrimping.
(c) In a sailing competition.
(d) Collecting oysters.
7. Where are Dave and Annie at the opening of the novel?
(a) In the Southwest United States near the Mexican border.
(b) Off Southwest pass in New Iberia, Louisiana.
(c) In the Gulf off Tampa Bay.
(d) In Galveston, Texas.
8. What does Dave conclude about the local sheriff?
(a) He is taking bribes.
(b) He does not believe Dave.
(c) He is in with Toots.
(d) He has no intention of doing anything about the beating.
9. How does Dave seem to feel among the underworld elements of his city?
10. Where does Dave go after talking with Batist?
(a) To see his detective friend.
(b) To talk with a DEA agent.
(c) To take Annie and Alafair to his mother's house in Tupelo.
(d) To help a stranger with his boat.
11. Of what heritage is Dave's father?
12. Who does Dave suspect his assailant is?
(a) He has no idea.
(c) A hired mobster hit man.
(d) Eddie Keats.
13. In what does Bubba usually not engage?
(a) Contract murder.
(c) Horse racing.
(d) Leisurely activities.
14. From whom does Dave obtain assistance?
(a) A Spanish-speaking acquaintance.
(b) The child welfare.
(c) An old friend of Annie's.
(d) Dave's former nannie.
15. What does Dave do when he returns home?
(a) Meets with Dautrieve.
(b) Fights with Annie.
(c) Plays with Alafair.
(d) Meets with his New Orleans detective friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alafair say about her upbringing?
2. How could Dave and Annie's relationship be characterized?
3. What does Dautrieve ask of David?
4. Who is Robin Gaddis?
5. Who is Minos Dautrieve?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)