|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bubba say about Dave's beating?
(a) He says Dave deserves the beating for not minding his own business.
(b) He says he had to order the beating or he would have been beaten also.
(c) He had nothing to do with it.
(d) He is not surprised given who is involved with the plane crash.
2. In what does Bubba usually not engage?
(a) Horse racing.
(b) Leisurely activities.
(c) Contract murder.
3. Where does Dave go after talking with Batist?
(a) To see his detective friend.
(b) To take Annie and Alafair to his mother's house in Tupelo.
(c) To talk with a DEA agent.
(d) To help a stranger with his boat.
4. Who does Dave suspect his assailant is?
(b) Eddie Keats.
(c) A hired mobster hit man.
(d) He has no idea.
5. What does Dave conclude about the local sheriff?
(a) He has no intention of doing anything about the beating.
(b) He does not believe Dave.
(c) He is taking bribes.
(d) He is in with Toots.
6. How does Dave's employment end with the police department?
(a) He retires after 35 years of service.
(b) He is indicted for graft.
(c) With a violent shootout.
(d) He is laid off with a reduction in force.
7. In what war did Dave serve?
(b) Desert Storm.
8. What does Annie do as Dave moves the boat?
(a) Waves a flag to greet the plane's occupants.
(b) Gets out the first aid kit.
(c) Calls the Coast Guard.
(d) Gets a gaffing hook to grab the package.
9. From whom does Dave obtain assistance?
(a) An old friend of Annie's.
(b) Dave's former nannie.
(c) The child welfare.
(d) A Spanish-speaking acquaintance.
10. What does their new daughter do at the church?
(a) Talks to a nun.
(b) Lights a candle.
(c) Talks to a priest.
(d) Plays the organ.
11. Upon whom does Dave reflect while at church?
(a) The quirkiness of fate.
(b) The gift from God of a daughter.
(c) A local leader of organized crime and shady business.
(d) The way to find out more about their new daughter.
12. What do the Coast Guard divers find on the plane?
(a) A doll.
(b) Children's books.
(c) Child's luggage.
(d) A birth certificate.
13. How long have Dave and Annie been married?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 1 year.
14. Who is Monroe?
(a) A government official.
(b) Annie's brother-in-law.
(c) Dave's brother.
(d) The neighbor.
15. To whom does Dave hand the girl?
(a) One of the Coast Guard members.
(b) One of the female passengers.
(d) One of the male passengers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave surmise about the occupants of the plane?
2. What does Dautrieve suggest to Dave?
3. Who did Claudette once date?
4. For what does Dave rail against law enforcement?
5. What happens as Toots forces Dave's face into the ground?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)