|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dave suspect his assailant is?
(a) Eddie Keats.
(c) A hired mobster hit man.
(d) He has no idea.
2. How does Dave's employment end with the police department?
(a) He retires after 35 years of service.
(b) He is laid off with a reduction in force.
(c) He is indicted for graft.
(d) With a violent shootout.
3. Of what origin do the adult females seem to be?
4. Who is Minos Dautrieve?
(a) Robin's pimp.
(b) A drug enforcement agency agent.
(c) Annie's supervisor.
(d) The police chief.
5. What does Bubba say about Dave's beating?
(a) He is not surprised given who is involved with the plane crash.
(b) He says he had to order the beating or he would have been beaten also.
(c) He says Dave deserves the beating for not minding his own business.
(d) He had nothing to do with it.
6. Upon whom does Dave reflect while at church?
(a) A local leader of organized crime and shady business.
(b) The gift from God of a daughter.
(c) The way to find out more about their new daughter.
(d) The quirkiness of fate.
7. How many men are in the car?
8. Where do Dave and Annie take the girl?
(a) To the Social services.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To their best friend.
9. For whom does Keats occasionally work?
(d) The DEA.
10. What happens as Toots forces Dave's face into the ground?
(a) Batist hits the man from behind.
(b) Dave manages to flip the man over into the water.
(c) Dave breaks a couple teeth.
(d) Another man tells Dave to mind his own business.
11. What does Dautrieve tell Dave about Eddie Keats?
(a) That Keats served ten years for a brutal beating of his girlfriend.
(b) That Keats is related to one of the most influential mafia bosses in the area.
(c) That Keats owns a few rundown bars.
(d) That Keats has served time twice for attempted murder.
12. What do the Coast Guard divers find on the plane?
(a) Child's luggage.
(b) A doll.
(c) A birth certificate.
(d) Children's books.
13. What do Dave and Annie explain to their new daughter?
(a) That her mother will be gone for a while.
(b) That she will be put up for adoption.
(c) That her father will be coming for her soon.
(d) That her mother has died.
14. How do Bubba and Dave deal with their respective professional activities?
(a) Compartmentalize them.
(b) Agree to disagree.
(c) Ignore them.
(d) Discuss them openly.
15. What does Dave do when he returns home?
(a) Meets with Dautrieve.
(b) Meets with his New Orleans detective friend.
(c) Plays with Alafair.
(d) Fights with Annie.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Dave rail against law enforcement?
2. Where are Dave and Annie at the opening of the novel?
3. How is Robin punished?
4. About what does Dave question Robin?
5. From where is Annie?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)