|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does their new daughter do at the church?
(a) Talks to a nun.
(b) Talks to a priest.
(c) Lights a candle.
(d) Plays the organ.
2. Where does Dave go after talking with Batist?
(a) To see his detective friend.
(b) To help a stranger with his boat.
(c) To take Annie and Alafair to his mother's house in Tupelo.
(d) To talk with a DEA agent.
3. What does Jerry deny?
(a) Knowing anything would happen to Robin.
(b) Giving Robin's actual name.
(c) Talking to Toots.
(d) Knowing Keats is involved or anything about Romero.
4. In what war did Dave serve?
(a) Desert Storm.
5. What does Dave arrange for Robin?
(a) The witness protection program.
(b) A safe house in Canada.
(c) A safe house in Colorado.
(d) A job in Florida.
6. How does Dave seem to feel among the underworld elements of his city?
7. What does Dave spy in the plane?
(a) A bale of marijuana.
(b) A young girl.
(c) An AK-47.
(d) A M-16.
8. About what does Dave question Robin?
(a) Where she gets her drugs.
(b) The identity of the man found dead on the plane.
(c) Why she is no longer speaking to Annie.
(d) If Jerry is treating her well.
9. To whom does Dave hand the girl?
(b) One of the male passengers.
(c) One of the female passengers.
(d) One of the Coast Guard members.
10. Who is Alafair?
(a) Dave's grandmother's maiden name.
(b) The name Dave and Annie name their new daughter.
(c) Dave's great aunt.
(d) A dog Dave used to have.
11. Who is Jerry Falgout?
(a) Annie's brother.
(b) One of the men in the vehicle that was parked down the street.
(c) Dave's friend on the police force.
(d) The barkeeper.
12. What does the DEA know about the INS' involvement in this case?
(b) That the INS has been watching these people for months.
(c) That the INS suspects a ring of immigrant smugglers.
(d) That the INS had an agent on board the plane that crashes.
13. What happens to the aircraft?
(a) It drops a package and then flies off.
(b) It lands near their boat on its pontoons.
(c) It crashes into the water, flips over, and sinks near their location.
(d) It flies off into the West.
14. What does Alafair say about her upbringing?
(a) It is brutal growing up in war-torn Central America.
(b) It was priviledged compared to most children in her country.
(c) She does not remember much.
(d) It is poor but her mother loved her.
15. What is the tattoo on one man's chest?
(a) A green and red snake.
(b) A grey whale.
(c) A green and red dragon.
(d) A rattlesnake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Toots forces Dave's face into the ground?
2. How could Dave and Annie's relationship be characterized?
3. What happens to Jerry years earlier?
4. From whom does Dave obtain assistance?
5. From where is Annie?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)