|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Melancon?
(a) The girl's uncle.
(b) The man with the snake tattoo.
(c) The man with the Dragon tattoo.
(d) The pilot of the plane.
2. How do Bubba and Dave deal with their respective professional activities?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Agree to disagree.
(c) Discuss them openly.
(d) Compartmentalize them.
3. What happens as Toots forces Dave's face into the ground?
(a) Another man tells Dave to mind his own business.
(b) Batist hits the man from behind.
(c) Dave breaks a couple teeth.
(d) Dave manages to flip the man over into the water.
4. What do the Coast Guard divers find on the plane?
(a) A birth certificate.
(b) Children's books.
(c) A doll.
(d) Child's luggage.
5. What does Dautrieve ask of David?
(a) To take him on a fishing trip.
(b) To call on him.
(c) To conduct surveillance on an abandoned tenement.
(d) To meet him in New Orleans.
6. What does Dave surmise about the occupants of the plane?
(a) None are older than about 25.
(b) They are all related.
(c) They are very wealthy.
(d) They must be illegal immigrants.
7. What does Annie beg of Dave?
(a) To take her and Alafair out of the country for a while.
(b) To leave the situation alone.
(c) To re-join the police force so he can legally pursue the men.
(d) To go to the FBI.
8. What language does the girl speak?
(b) English and Spanish.
(c) German and a smathering of English.
(d) English and a smathering of German.
9. What does the DEA know about the INS' involvement in this case?
(a) That the INS has been watching these people for months.
(b) That the INS suspects a ring of immigrant smugglers.
(d) That the INS had an agent on board the plane that crashes.
10. Why does Dave rough up Jerry?
(a) To get information.
(b) Because Dave dislikes Jerry.
(c) Dave thinks Jerry is responsible for Robin's being hurt.
(d) To intimidate Jerry into keeping quiet.
11. Why does Dave ask for assistance?
(a) To learn Spanish.
(b) To learn how to adopt this new daughter legally.
(c) To spirit his new daughter out of the country.
(d) To hold a family conversation.
12. How many people does Monroe tell Dave were on the plane?
13. What is the tattoo on one man's chest?
(a) A green and red snake.
(b) A rattlesnake.
(c) A green and red dragon.
(d) A grey whale.
14. Where are Dave and Annie at the opening of the novel?
(a) Off Southwest pass in New Iberia, Louisiana.
(b) In the Southwest United States near the Mexican border.
(c) In the Gulf off Tampa Bay.
(d) In Galveston, Texas.
15. From where is Annie?
(d) North Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave think causes the plane to crash?
2. What does Dautrieve think Dave's best course of action is?
3. How does Dave seem to feel among the underworld elements of his city?
4. What does Annie tell Dave to do?
5. What does Dautrieve tell Dave about Eddie Keats?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)