|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dave ask for assistance?
(a) To hold a family conversation.
(b) To spirit his new daughter out of the country.
(c) To learn how to adopt this new daughter legally.
(d) To learn Spanish.
2. What happens to Jerry years earlier?
(a) He was shot by a burglar.
(b) He disappears for years.
(c) He immigrated from Russia.
(d) He is arrested.
3. How is Robin punished?
(a) She is docked her pay for a week.
(b) Her fingers are broken.
(c) She is punched in the face.
(d) She is fired.
4. Of what does the tattoo remind Dave?
(a) Something from his wartime days.
(c) A picture he saw in a police blotter.
(d) A tattoo he saw on an NBC special.
5. How does Dave's employment end with the police department?
(a) He retires after 35 years of service.
(b) He is laid off with a reduction in force.
(c) He is indicted for graft.
(d) With a violent shootout.
6. Why does Dave rough up Jerry?
(a) Because Dave dislikes Jerry.
(b) Dave thinks Jerry is responsible for Robin's being hurt.
(c) To get information.
(d) To intimidate Jerry into keeping quiet.
7. Where are Dave and Annie at the opening of the novel?
(a) Off Southwest pass in New Iberia, Louisiana.
(b) In the Gulf off Tampa Bay.
(c) In Galveston, Texas.
(d) In the Southwest United States near the Mexican border.
8. What is parked down the street from Dave and Annie's house?
(a) A white van.
(b) A silver Eldorado.
(c) A white Corvette.
(d) A black Corvette.
9. What sport does Dautrieve play in college?
10. For whom does Keats occasionally work?
(d) The DEA.
11. How many passengers are in the plane?
12. What happens when Dave turns his back on a man he is helping?
(a) The man hits him with a bottle.
(c) The man stabs Dave.
(d) The man slips under the water and drowns.
13. How do Bubba and Dave deal with their respective professional activities?
(a) Agree to disagree.
(b) Compartmentalize them.
(c) Ignore them.
(d) Discuss them openly.
14. What does Dave think causes the plane to crash?
(a) Pilot error.
(b) The pilot dies of a heart attack.
(c) They ran out of fuel.
(d) An explosion.
15. What does Jerry deny?
(a) Giving Robin's actual name.
(b) Talking to Toots.
(c) Knowing Keats is involved or anything about Romero.
(d) Knowing anything would happen to Robin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dautrieve suggest to Dave?
2. What does Dave do when he returns home?
3. To whom does Dave hand the girl?
4. What does Dave worry about for Robin?
5. What is the tattoo on one man's chest?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)