Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport does Dautrieve play in college?
2. What does Batist want when he calls Dave?
(b) To borrow some money.
(c) The next week off.
(d) The upcoming weekend off.
3. What does Dave do when he returns home?
(a) Meets with Dautrieve.
(b) Fights with Annie.
(c) Plays with Alafair.
(d) Meets with his New Orleans detective friend.
4. For what does Dave rail against law enforcement?
(a) For their secrecy.
(b) For being restrained by the law itself.
(c) For their uneven enforcement of laws.
(d) For their slow time in responding.
5. What does Dave think causes the plane to crash?
(a) The pilot dies of a heart attack.
(b) Pilot error.
(c) They ran out of fuel.
(d) An explosion.
6. Where are Dave and Annie at the opening of the novel?
(a) In the Gulf off Tampa Bay.
(b) In the Southwest United States near the Mexican border.
(c) Off Southwest pass in New Iberia, Louisiana.
(d) In Galveston, Texas.
7. What does Dautrieve think Dave's best course of action is?
(a) Finding who planted the explosions on the plane.
(b) Moving to another state with their new adopted daughter.
(c) Following the money trail.
8. What does David do when he sees the car?
(a) Approaches the car.
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Gets his gun.
(d) Leaves out the back door.
9. Why does Dave rough up Jerry?
(a) Dave thinks Jerry is responsible for Robin's being hurt.
(b) To intimidate Jerry into keeping quiet.
(c) Because Dave dislikes Jerry.
(d) To get information.
10. What does Dave decide to do?
(a) Ignore the whole situation.
(b) Follow the men.
(c) Investigate further.
(d) Call the police.
11. What are Dave and Annie doing?
(a) In a sailing competition.
(b) Collecting oysters.
(c) Scuba diving.
(d) Fishing and shrimping.
12. Why is Dave admitted to the hospital?
(a) He is not admitted, just treated.
(b) To do a CAT scan on his head.
(c) To recover from his beating.
(d) To observe him for internal injuries.
13. Who is Alafair?
(a) A dog Dave used to have.
(b) Dave's grandmother's maiden name.
(c) The name Dave and Annie name their new daughter.
(d) Dave's great aunt.
14. What does Jerry deny?
(a) Talking to Toots.
(b) Giving Robin's actual name.
(c) Knowing anything would happen to Robin.
(d) Knowing Keats is involved or anything about Romero.
15. What does Dautrieve tell Dave about Eddie Keats?
(a) That Keats has served time twice for attempted murder.
(b) That Keats is related to one of the most influential mafia bosses in the area.
(c) That Keats owns a few rundown bars.
(d) That Keats served ten years for a brutal beating of his girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were two men who the INS arrested quickly released?
2. Who did Claudette once date?
3. How do Bubba and Dave deal with their respective professional activities?
4. How does Dave seem to feel among the underworld elements of his city?
5. What do the Coast Guard divers find on the plane?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)