|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave surmise about the occupants of the plane?
(a) They are all related.
(b) They must be illegal immigrants.
(c) They are very wealthy.
(d) None are older than about 25.
2. How many passengers are in the plane?
3. Where does Dave go after talking with Batist?
(a) To see his detective friend.
(b) To talk with a DEA agent.
(c) To take Annie and Alafair to his mother's house in Tupelo.
(d) To help a stranger with his boat.
4. What does Dave think causes the plane to crash?
(a) Pilot error.
(b) An explosion.
(c) The pilot dies of a heart attack.
(d) They ran out of fuel.
5. Who did Claudette once date?
(a) No one Dave knows.
(b) Dave's brother.
(c) Dave's cousin.
6. What do Dave and Annie claim?
(a) That the girl is their niece.
(b) That the girl is their daughter.
(c) That they found the girl.
(d) That they are babysitting the girl.
7. What happens to the aircraft?
(a) It drops a package and then flies off.
(b) It flies off into the West.
(c) It lands near their boat on its pontoons.
(d) It crashes into the water, flips over, and sinks near their location.
8. Of what heritage is Dave's father?
9. Who is Eddie Keats?
(a) Probably one of the men watching Dave's house.
(b) Dautrieve's partner.
(c) An INS agent.
(d) A New Orleans detective.
10. Who is Robin Gaddis?
(a) Annie's best friend.
(b) Jerry's wife.
(c) An undercover police woman.
(d) A stripper for the bar.
11. What does Annie tell Dave to do?
(a) Follow the men.
(b) Call his buddy on the police force.
(c) Threaten the men.
(d) Take no further interest in the situation.
12. To whom does Dave hand the girl?
(a) One of the female passengers.
(b) One of the Coast Guard members.
(c) One of the male passengers.
13. What is the tattoo on one man's chest?
(a) A green and red dragon.
(b) A grey whale.
(c) A green and red snake.
(d) A rattlesnake.
14. Upon whom does Dave reflect while at church?
(a) The quirkiness of fate.
(b) The gift from God of a daughter.
(c) A local leader of organized crime and shady business.
(d) The way to find out more about their new daughter.
15. From whom does Dave obtain assistance?
(a) Dave's former nannie.
(b) A Spanish-speaking acquaintance.
(c) An old friend of Annie's.
(d) The child welfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man's name?
2. How does Dave seem to feel among the underworld elements of his city?
3. How many men are in the car?
4. How might Dave and Bubba's relationship be characterized?
5. What does Alafair say about her upbringing?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)