|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerry deny?
(a) Knowing Keats is involved or anything about Romero.
(b) Talking to Toots.
(c) Giving Robin's actual name.
(d) Knowing anything would happen to Robin.
2. What do Dave and Annie claim?
(a) That they found the girl.
(b) That the girl is their daughter.
(c) That they are babysitting the girl.
(d) That the girl is their niece.
3. What does Dave conclude about the local sheriff?
(a) He is in with Toots.
(b) He does not believe Dave.
(c) He has no intention of doing anything about the beating.
(d) He is taking bribes.
4. For whom does Keats occasionally work?
(c) The DEA.
5. Why were two men who the INS arrested quickly released?
(a) They agreed to go back to their home country.
(b) They were American citizens.
(c) They were legal immigrants.
(d) They work for Bubba Rocque.
6. Where are Dave and Annie at the opening of the novel?
(a) In the Southwest United States near the Mexican border.
(b) In the Gulf off Tampa Bay.
(c) Off Southwest pass in New Iberia, Louisiana.
(d) In Galveston, Texas.
7. How long have Dave and Annie been married?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 3 years.
8. What does Alafair say about her upbringing?
(a) It was priviledged compared to most children in her country.
(b) It is poor but her mother loved her.
(c) It is brutal growing up in war-torn Central America.
(d) She does not remember much.
9. What does Dave arrange for Robin?
(a) A safe house in Colorado.
(b) A job in Florida.
(c) A safe house in Canada.
(d) The witness protection program.
10. Who does Dave ask to keep an eye on Annie and the house?
(a) The DEA.
(d) The local police.
11. What happens to the aircraft?
(a) It crashes into the water, flips over, and sinks near their location.
(b) It flies off into the West.
(c) It lands near their boat on its pontoons.
(d) It drops a package and then flies off.
12. What happens when Dave turns his back on a man he is helping?
(b) The man hits him with a bottle.
(c) The man stabs Dave.
(d) The man slips under the water and drowns.
13. What are Dave and Annie doing?
(a) In a sailing competition.
(b) Scuba diving.
(c) Collecting oysters.
(d) Fishing and shrimping.
14. For whom is Johnny Dartez working?
(a) Bubba Rocque.
(b) Rocky Martinez.
(c) Bubba Martinez.
(d) Bob Rocker.
15. What sport does Dautrieve play in college?
Short Answer Questions
1. How could Dave and Annie's relationship be characterized?
2. What does Dautrieve ask of David?
3. How many people does Monroe tell Dave were on the plane?
4. What is Annie doing on the boat when Dave spots a plane?
5. What does Dave worry about for Robin?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)