|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jerry years earlier?
(a) He was shot by a burglar.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He disappears for years.
(d) He immigrated from Russia.
2. Why does Jerry rat on Robin?
(a) He suspects she is partly responsible for his brother's death.
(b) He is tortured.
(c) For money.
(d) She rejects his advances.
3. How could Dave and Annie's relationship be characterized?
(c) Friendly but not real intimate.
4. What does Dave arrange for Robin?
(a) A safe house in Colorado.
(b) A safe house in Canada.
(c) A job in Florida.
(d) The witness protection program.
5. In what war did Dave serve?
(b) Desert Storm.
6. Why do Annie and Dave go to the Catholic church?
(a) To adopt the girl according to church canon.
(b) To help Alafair find closure.
(c) To help Alice find closure.
(d) To help Susan find closure.
7. Who is Monroe?
(a) Dave's brother.
(b) A government official.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) Annie's brother-in-law.
8. How many passengers are in the plane?
9. What does Dave spy in the plane?
(a) A young girl.
(b) An AK-47.
(c) A M-16.
(d) A bale of marijuana.
10. What is the man's name?
11. What does Dautrieve suggest to Dave?
(a) That Dave and Annie are hiding something.
(b) That Dave is in over his head.
(c) That the DEA and Immigration and Naturalization Service are aware of the plane crash.
(d) That the DEA has a stoolie.
12. Who is Alafair?
(a) A dog Dave used to have.
(b) The name Dave and Annie name their new daughter.
(c) Dave's great aunt.
(d) Dave's grandmother's maiden name.
13. What does David do when he sees the car?
(a) Leaves out the back door.
(b) Gets his gun.
(c) Calls the police.
(d) Approaches the car.
14. What happens to the aircraft?
(a) It crashes into the water, flips over, and sinks near their location.
(b) It drops a package and then flies off.
(c) It lands near their boat on its pontoons.
(d) It flies off into the West.
15. From whom does Dave obtain assistance?
(a) A Spanish-speaking acquaintance.
(b) Dave's former nannie.
(c) An old friend of Annie's.
(d) The child welfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave seem to feel among the underworld elements of his city?
2. How does Dave's employment end with the police department?
3. Where are Dave and Annie at the opening of the novel?
4. What does Batist want when he calls Dave?
5. From where is Annie?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)