|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Dave and Annie at the opening of the novel?
(a) In Galveston, Texas.
(b) Off Southwest pass in New Iberia, Louisiana.
(c) In the Gulf off Tampa Bay.
(d) In the Southwest United States near the Mexican border.
2. From where is Annie?
(b) North Dakota.
3. What does Dave think causes the plane to crash?
(a) Pilot error.
(b) They ran out of fuel.
(c) An explosion.
(d) The pilot dies of a heart attack.
4. For whom is Johnny Dartez working?
(a) Rocky Martinez.
(b) Bob Rocker.
(c) Bubba Martinez.
(d) Bubba Rocque.
5. What is parked down the street from Dave and Annie's house?
(a) A silver Eldorado.
(b) A white van.
(c) A white Corvette.
(d) A black Corvette.
6. Who is Monroe?
(a) Annie's brother-in-law.
(b) Dave's brother.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) A government official.
7. What language does the girl speak?
(b) German and a smathering of English.
(c) English and a smathering of German.
(d) English and Spanish.
8. What do Dave and Annie claim?
(a) That the girl is their niece.
(b) That the girl is their daughter.
(c) That they are babysitting the girl.
(d) That they found the girl.
9. Why does Dave rough up Jerry?
(a) Dave thinks Jerry is responsible for Robin's being hurt.
(b) Because Dave dislikes Jerry.
(c) To intimidate Jerry into keeping quiet.
(d) To get information.
10. What is Annie doing on the boat when Dave spots a plane?
(a) Changing the oil on the engine.
(b) Cooking breakfast.
(c) Reeling in a fish.
(d) Making lunch.
11. What does their new daughter do at the church?
(a) Plays the organ.
(b) Talks to a priest.
(c) Lights a candle.
(d) Talks to a nun.
12. Why does Dave ask for assistance?
(a) To spirit his new daughter out of the country.
(b) To learn Spanish.
(c) To hold a family conversation.
(d) To learn how to adopt this new daughter legally.
13. What does Bubba say about Dave's beating?
(a) He says he had to order the beating or he would have been beaten also.
(b) He is not surprised given who is involved with the plane crash.
(c) He says Dave deserves the beating for not minding his own business.
(d) He had nothing to do with it.
14. What do the Coast Guard divers find on the plane?
(a) A birth certificate.
(b) Child's luggage.
(c) Children's books.
(d) A doll.
15. Where does Dave go after talking with Batist?
(a) To take Annie and Alafair to his mother's house in Tupelo.
(b) To help a stranger with his boat.
(c) To see his detective friend.
(d) To talk with a DEA agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has a man run a boat aground?
2. What does Dave arrange for Robin?
3. What is the tattoo on one man's chest?
4. What does Annie tell Dave to do?
5. What does Batist want when he calls Dave?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)