|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives after Annie is killed?
(c) The INS agents.
(d) The cops.
2. What does Dautrieve tell Dave about Eddie Keats?
(a) That Keats served ten years for a brutal beating of his girlfriend.
(b) That Keats is related to one of the most influential mafia bosses in the area.
(c) That Keats has served time twice for attempted murder.
(d) That Keats owns a few rundown bars.
3. Where are Dave and Annie at the opening of the novel?
(a) In the Southwest United States near the Mexican border.
(b) Off Southwest pass in New Iberia, Louisiana.
(c) In Galveston, Texas.
(d) In the Gulf off Tampa Bay.
4. Why do Annie and Dave go to the Catholic church?
(a) To help Alafair find closure.
(b) To adopt the girl according to church canon.
(c) To help Alice find closure.
(d) To help Susan find closure.
5. Upon whom does Dave reflect while at church?
(a) The way to find out more about their new daughter.
(b) A local leader of organized crime and shady business.
(c) The quirkiness of fate.
(d) The gift from God of a daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Dave turns his back on a man he is helping?
2. What does Bubba believe about Dave?
3. What does the DEA know about the INS' involvement in this case?
4. What do Dave and Bubba do on a street corner?
5. What are Dave and Annie doing?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)