|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dave angry with Robin?
(a) She has a friend over who is a prostitute.
(b) She takes Alafair out to where Dave does not think it safe.
(c) She cleans the room where Annie was killed.
(d) She tells Alafair to call her Auntie.
2. What does Dave do?
(a) Tells Bubba he does not care.
(b) Goes out right away to the Inlet to help Batist.
(c) Tells Alafair she can live with him.
(d) Hires Robin to work at his boat shop.
3. Why is Dave admitted to the hospital?
(a) To do a CAT scan on his head.
(b) He is not admitted, just treated.
(c) To recover from his beating.
(d) To observe him for internal injuries.
4. Who does Dave suspect his assailant is?
(b) He has no idea.
(c) Eddie Keats.
(d) A hired mobster hit man.
5. How does Dave's employment end with the police department?
(a) With a violent shootout.
(b) He retires after 35 years of service.
(c) He is indicted for graft.
(d) He is laid off with a reduction in force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave do before returning to New Iberia?
2. How might Dave and Bubba's relationship be characterized?
3. What does Dave believe?
4. Where are Dave and Annie at the opening of the novel?
5. Upon whom does Dave reflect while at church?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)