|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as dim-witted?
(b) The sheriff.
2. What does Dave learn about Keats from Dautrieve?
(a) Where to find him.
(b) That Keats has been murdered in a hit-style execution.
(c) His connections to the underworld.
(d) That his mother lives down the street from Dave.
3. Where are Dave and Annie at the opening of the novel?
(a) Off Southwest pass in New Iberia, Louisiana.
(b) In the Gulf off Tampa Bay.
(c) In Galveston, Texas.
(d) In the Southwest United States near the Mexican border.
4. What does Alafair say about her upbringing?
(a) It is brutal growing up in war-torn Central America.
(b) It was priviledged compared to most children in her country.
(c) It is poor but her mother loved her.
(d) She does not remember much.
5. Where does Dave go after talking with Batist?
(a) To take Annie and Alafair to his mother's house in Tupelo.
(b) To see his detective friend.
(c) To talk with a DEA agent.
(d) To help a stranger with his boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dave rough up Jerry?
2. What does Romero tell Dave as Romero is dying?
3. In what does Bubba usually not engage?
4. What do Dave and the police do?
5. What are Dave and Annie doing?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)