|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On January 28, _________, the family went public with their story.
2. When it was over, what did Sonja do?
3. After his death, Todd received Pop's rifle, his bowling ball, and what else?
4. Todd wrote that the family learned the value of what?
5. In the spring of 2004, the family was celebrating what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Colton say his father's dying friend did not have to worry? Would you be calmed by this? Why or why not?
2. Where did Colton sit in heaven? What might this say about God?
3. How had heaven become a normal part of Colton's life?
4. How did Colton make an impact on Ali Titus?
5. What information did Colton give about his sister who his mother had miscarried? How do his parents react? Why?
6. Pop became a Christian right before he died. According to Colton's reactions up to this point, do you believe Pop would have been in heaven if he had not become a Christian? Why or why not?
7. Why might the family have decided to go public with the story?
8. Who was next to God in heaven? How does this support the Bible?
9. Why did the Burpos begin to view children differently?
10. Who is Akiane Kramarik? How is she important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Between Todd's medical problems and Colton's near death, the family's finances are depleted.
Part 1) How have these events depleted their finances? How do they deal with this debt? Why do they deal with it in this way? What does this reveal about them and about Colton?
Part 2) What is surprising about the way in which they are able to pay their bills? How might this have happened? Is it merely good luck, or is there a higher being involved? Why do you believe this? Use information from the book to support your response.
Part 3) What miracles have you witnessed in your own life? How have you explained these miracles? How have these miracles affected your own life? How were the Burpos affected by the miracles in their lives?
Essay Topic 2
On January 28, 2007, the family goes public with their story.
Part 1) Why does the family choose to go public with this story? Why does it take them so long to choose to go public? How might the publicizing of this story affect the family?
Part 2) What might the family be like now, several years after the book was published? What might they have to say about Colton's story and this book? Use the book to support your response.
Part 3) How can being in the public eye be both good and bad? What should one do to stay healthy and happy when constantly being in the public eye?
Essay Topic 3
Todd rages at God.
Part 1) When does Todd rage at God? Why does he rage at God? To what does this raging lead? What does this reveal about Todd and about God?
Part 2) How does Sonja act as Todd is raging at God? What does this reveal about her? Who is the stronger of the two, Sonja or Todd? Why?
Part 3) How might you have reacted if you were in their position? Why do you believe you would have acted like this?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)