|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jesus had told him that He had died on the cross so that humans could go do what?
2. The family had a problem with Colton. Why?
3. In early 2006, the Burpo family rented what DVD?
4. About what was the family excited?
5. During what war did this movie take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Colton not recognize Pop? Why did he later recognize him? What might this say about heaven?
2. What is the purpose of this book?
3. For what did Sonja ask the children to pray? Why might she do this?
4. Why did Colton say his father's dying friend did not have to worry? Would you be calmed by this? Why or why not?
5. How did Colton make Ali Titus cry?
6. How was the story of Solomon important? Why was this important to Todd?
7. What is the "What does Jesus look like?" game? Why do they play it?
8. Pop became a Christian right before he died. According to Colton's reactions up to this point, do you believe Pop would have been in heaven if he had not become a Christian? Why or why not?
9. Whywas Colton's comment about Pop important?
10. How were the Burpos like St. Thomas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton knows about his father first deciding to be a pastor.
Part 1) When did Todd decide to be a pastor? What led him to this decision? How is it surprising that Colton knew about this decision and how he came to make it?
Part 2) How does this knowledge of Todd's decision to become a pastor help support the possibility that Colton went to heaven? What other proof is there in this book to support this astounding trip?
Part 3) In what ways could someone show this proof of a trip to heaven to be invalid? How can Colton's stories of heaven be proven to be nothing more than a little boy's imagination?
Essay Topic 2
Colton wants readers to know that "heaven is for real."
Part 1) How is this purpose seen throughout the book? Might this be what God wants? Why or why not?
Part 2) Will all readers read this book and believe that heaven is for real? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you believe that heaven is for real, as seen from Colton's point of view? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Todd sees the shadow of death in Colton's room.
Part 1) What is the shadow of death? Why does Todd see it? How is this significant? What does this foreshadow?
Part 2) How does this vision of the shadow of death make Colton's story even more amazing?
Part 3) What other details of this story make Colton's trip to heaven and back more shocking, yet believable?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)