|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Later, they received an e-mail telling them about a young girl named Akiane Kramarik from Idaho. She began to have "visions" of heaven when she was ________ years old.
2. The family continued playing what game?
3. Todd wrote that the family learned the value of what?
4. Colton was full of what?
5. He mentioned dragons, and it made Todd think of a passage in what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Colton so upset by Satan?
2. What did Colton know about his father becoming a pastor? Why is this important?
3. How did Colton make an impact on Ali Titus?
4. Why did Colton not recognize Pop? Why did he later recognize him? What might this say about heaven?
5. Who is Akiane Kramarik? How is she important?
6. What did Colton say about the Battle of Armageddon?
7. How had heaven become a normal part of Colton's life?
8. Whywas Colton's comment about Pop important?
9. Why did Colton say his father's dying friend did not have to worry? Would you be calmed by this? Why or why not?
10. Who was next to God in heaven? How does this support the Bible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton panics at a funeral.
Part 1) Describe Colton's behavior at a funeral after his trip to heaven. Why might he act this way? What does this say about God and heaven?
Part 2) How might this part of the book affect a non-believer? Why? How does it affect your beliefs about heaven and who goes to heaven?
Part 3) What other details of Colton's story tell what one must do to get to heaven? What does this say about those of other faiths? Do you agree with this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Four months after the surgery, the family realizes something is unusual about Colton.
Part 1) What do they realize is unusual about him? How do they discover this? Why had they not noticed before?
Part 2) What might have been possible, logical explanations for his experiences? Is it possible that all of this took place in Colton's mind? Why or why not?
Part 3) What might be the reason for Colton's experience, when others have either died on the operating table momentarily and lived, yet did not experience anything remotely similar to what Colton experienced?
Essay Topic 3
Before being diagnosed with appendicitis, Colton is misdiagnosed.
Part 1) How is Colton's appendicitis first diagnosed? How is it misdiagnosed again? What leads to the wrong diagnoses? How do they affect Colton and his family? How different would this story be if Colton's appendicitis had been diagnosed correctly the first time?
Part 2) If given the chance, would the Burpo family go back and change the events of this story so that Colton was diagnosed correctly the first time? Why or why not?
Part 3) When you have suffered from set-backs, illness, or challenges that led to positive outcomes, would you have to change the past so those challenges never occurred? Why or why not?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)