|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did they feel about this miracle?
2. When it was over, what did Sonja do?
3. How did Colton feel about the film?
4. Why did Todd often visit Pop?
5. How did Colton react when Todd asked what Satan looked like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Sonja and the children's prayer important?
2. Why did Colton say his father's dying friend did not have to worry? Would you be calmed by this? Why or why not?
3. For what did Sonja ask the children to pray? Why might she do this?
4. Why might Colton have liked "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe?"
5. How did Colton make an impact on Ali Titus?
6. Where did Colton sit in heaven? What might this say about God?
7. Why did the Burpos wait so long to tell their story?
8. Why did the Burpos begin to view children differently?
9. How had Colton's experience in heaven made him more of a risk-taker? Is this good or bad? Why?
10. How was the story of Solomon important? Why was this important to Todd?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton wants readers to know that "heaven is for real."
Part 1) How is this purpose seen throughout the book? Might this be what God wants? Why or why not?
Part 2) Will all readers read this book and believe that heaven is for real? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you believe that heaven is for real, as seen from Colton's point of view? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Colton grows sick again.
Part 1) Why has Colton become sick again after the surgery? What do his family and doctor decide to do? How does this lead to more complications? How does this affect the mood of the book?
Part 2) How do others react to Colton's second bout of illness? What connection might this have to his getting better? How is his quick healing so surprising? What do you believe might be the explanation for his getting better so quickly?
Part 3) Do you believe that there is more to healing than the use of medicine? How much of one's ability to heal is due to one's body's abilities? How much is due to one's mental state? How much is due to prayer to various gods? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Colton knows about his father first deciding to be a pastor.
Part 1) When did Todd decide to be a pastor? What led him to this decision? How is it surprising that Colton knew about this decision and how he came to make it?
Part 2) How does this knowledge of Todd's decision to become a pastor help support the possibility that Colton went to heaven? What other proof is there in this book to support this astounding trip?
Part 3) In what ways could someone show this proof of a trip to heaven to be invalid? How can Colton's stories of heaven be proven to be nothing more than a little boy's imagination?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)