|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In October, Colton told his mother that he had _______ sisters.
2. As Chapter 23 opened, the family was celebrating what?
3. How was publicity important?
4. Colton said whose chair was right next to his father's?
5. Pop had died in what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Pop became a Christian right before he died. According to Colton's reactions up to this point, do you believe Pop would have been in heaven if he had not become a Christian? Why or why not?
2. How were Sonja and the children's prayer important?
3. What is the purpose of this book?
4. How were the Burpos like St. Thomas?
5. What did Colton say about the Battle of Armageddon?
6. What information did Colton give about his sister who his mother had miscarried? How do his parents react? Why?
7. Why might angels use swords? Is this necessary? Why or why not?
8. Why might Colton have liked "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe?"
9. How had heaven become a normal part of Colton's life?
10. How did Colton make an impact on Ali Titus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton chooses to not hold Rosie the Spider but later changes his mind.
Part 1) How does Colton get the chance to hold Rosie the Spider? Why does he, at first, choose not to hold her? What does this reveal about him? Why does he later change his mind and decide to hold her? What does this also reveal about him?
Part 2) What is the purpose of this story about Rosie? Is it simply to tell the events leading up to Colton's appendicitis and visions of heaven, or does it serve some other purpose?
Part 3) When have you looked past your fears and acted brave? What led to this bravery? How were you changed by this bravery?
Essay Topic 2
Todd rages at God.
Part 1) When does Todd rage at God? Why does he rage at God? To what does this raging lead? What does this reveal about Todd and about God?
Part 2) How does Sonja act as Todd is raging at God? What does this reveal about her? Who is the stronger of the two, Sonja or Todd? Why?
Part 3) How might you have reacted if you were in their position? Why do you believe you would have acted like this?
Essay Topic 3
Four months after the surgery, the family realizes something is unusual about Colton.
Part 1) What do they realize is unusual about him? How do they discover this? Why had they not noticed before?
Part 2) What might have been possible, logical explanations for his experiences? Is it possible that all of this took place in Colton's mind? Why or why not?
Part 3) What might be the reason for Colton's experience, when others have either died on the operating table momentarily and lived, yet did not experience anything remotely similar to what Colton experienced?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)