|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In August, Todd took Colton to work with him as he went to do what?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 26, Todd and Colton were coming home from a trip to where?
3. How did Colton feel about the film?
4. In the future when they asked about Satan, how did Colton react?
5. To what did this discovery lead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Colton say his father's dying friend did not have to worry? Would you be calmed by this? Why or why not?
2. What reservations did the Burpos family have for writing a book?
3. Pop became a Christian right before he died. According to Colton's reactions up to this point, do you believe Pop would have been in heaven if he had not become a Christian? Why or why not?
4. Whywas Colton's comment about Pop important?
5. How had Colton's experience in heaven made him more of a risk-taker? Is this good or bad? Why?
6. What information did Colton give about his sister who his mother had miscarried? How do his parents react? Why?
7. For what did Sonja ask the children to pray? Why might she do this?
8. Who was next to God in heaven? How does this support the Bible?
9. Who is Akiane Kramarik? How is she important?
10. Why was Colton so upset by Satan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton's demeanor changes greatly with the mention of Satan.
Part 1) Who is Satan? How does the topic of Satan come up? How does Colton react to questions regarding Satan? Why might he react this way?
Part 2) Colton not only learned about the past, but about the future while he was in heaven. What did he learn about the future? Why might he still react this way to the mention of Satan?
Part 3) How is Satan, or evil, seen in our world today? How might Colton view this evil? What advice might he give? Why? Use the book to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
Colton panics at a funeral.
Part 1) Describe Colton's behavior at a funeral after his trip to heaven. Why might he act this way? What does this say about God and heaven?
Part 2) How might this part of the book affect a non-believer? Why? How does it affect your beliefs about heaven and who goes to heaven?
Part 3) What other details of Colton's story tell what one must do to get to heaven? What does this say about those of other faiths? Do you agree with this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The trip in March was to be celebratory.
Part 1) Why was the trip supposed to be celebratory? What had happened to the Burpo family prior to this trip? How had their faith and strength been tested? What did these previous challenges reveal about the Burpo family?
Part 2) How did the trip change? Why did it change? How did the various family members react to these changes? What do these reactions reveal about them?
Part 3) How, in the end, did this trip in March lead to celebration? When have you suffered and later realized it had led you to positive changes in your life and/or in the lives of others?
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)