|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In August, Todd took Colton to work with him as he went to do what?
2. The family continued playing what game?
3. Todd explained that the events occurred how?
4. Akiane had painted a portrait of whom?
5. Pop had died in what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what did Sonja ask the children to pray? Why might she do this?
2. What was one common word used by both Colton and Akiane to describe Jesus? Why?
3. What is the "What does Jesus look like?" game? Why do they play it?
4. How was the story of Solomon important? Why was this important to Todd?
5. Why was Colton so upset by Satan?
6. Why did Colton say his father's dying friend did not have to worry? Would you be calmed by this? Why or why not?
7. What information did Colton give about his sister who his mother had miscarried? How do his parents react? Why?
8. Who was next to God in heaven? How does this support the Bible?
9. Why did the Burpos wait so long to tell their story?
10. How was the family changed by this event?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The trip in March was to be celebratory.
Part 1) Why was the trip supposed to be celebratory? What had happened to the Burpo family prior to this trip? How had their faith and strength been tested? What did these previous challenges reveal about the Burpo family?
Part 2) How did the trip change? Why did it change? How did the various family members react to these changes? What do these reactions reveal about them?
Part 3) How, in the end, did this trip in March lead to celebration? When have you suffered and later realized it had led you to positive changes in your life and/or in the lives of others?
Essay Topic 2
Colton chooses to not hold Rosie the Spider but later changes his mind.
Part 1) How does Colton get the chance to hold Rosie the Spider? Why does he, at first, choose not to hold her? What does this reveal about him? Why does he later change his mind and decide to hold her? What does this also reveal about him?
Part 2) What is the purpose of this story about Rosie? Is it simply to tell the events leading up to Colton's appendicitis and visions of heaven, or does it serve some other purpose?
Part 3) When have you looked past your fears and acted brave? What led to this bravery? How were you changed by this bravery?
Essay Topic 3
Colton wants readers to know that "heaven is for real."
Part 1) How is this purpose seen throughout the book? Might this be what God wants? Why or why not?
Part 2) Will all readers read this book and believe that heaven is for real? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you believe that heaven is for real, as seen from Colton's point of view? Why or why not?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)