|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Her mother had been _____________ until she heard that her daughter was telling her about heaven.
2. Who did Colton say God adopted?
3. Todd remembered when he was ________________ years old and felt almost a whisper telling him to become a pastor.
4. How did Colton react when his father showed some roadkill to teach him a lesson?
5. Why was Colton not upset?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Colton make an impact on Ali Titus?
2. Why might angels use swords? Is this necessary? Why or why not?
3. Who was next to God in heaven? How does this support the Bible?
4. Where did Colton sit in heaven? What might this say about God?
5. What is the purpose of this book?
6. How was the family changed by this event?
7. Why did Colton say his father's dying friend did not have to worry? Would you be calmed by this? Why or why not?
8. How were the Burpos like St. Thomas?
9. Why did Colton not recognize Pop? Why did he later recognize him? What might this say about heaven?
10. Why might the family have decided to go public with the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Todd sees the shadow of death in Colton's room.
Part 1) What is the shadow of death? Why does Todd see it? How is this significant? What does this foreshadow?
Part 2) How does this vision of the shadow of death make Colton's story even more amazing?
Part 3) What other details of this story make Colton's trip to heaven and back more shocking, yet believable?
Essay Topic 2
Heaven is filled with children.
Part 1) Describe this child-filled heaven. Why might heaven be filled with children? How does the author prove that Colton's story about heaven is true? What information does he provide to back this claim that heaven is filled with children?
Part 2) How does this new information about heaven affect the Burpo family? How does their view of children change? How might this book change others views of children?
Part 3) What do you see as the importance of children? What role do they play in society? How can adults learn from them?
Essay Topic 3
Colton becomes fearless.
Part 1) Support this statement with proof from the book. Why is Colton fearless? Is this good? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does Colton's fearlessness affect his family? Are they as fearless as he is? Why or why not? Does he continue to be as fearless as he grows older? Why or why not?
Part 3) How can you learn from Colton's fearlessness? How might less fear in your life influence the decisions you make and the actions you take?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)