|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Todd told him a Bible story about _______________ and began to wonder about God's throne.
2. Todd explained that the events occurred how?
3. How was publicity important?
4. Who had Todd told about this whisper?
5. Pop had died in what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. How had heaven become a normal part of Colton's life?
2. Whywas Colton's comment about Pop important?
3. Why did Colton not recognize Pop? Why did he later recognize him? What might this say about heaven?
4. How was the family's experience a gift?
5. What is the purpose of this book?
6. For what did Sonja ask the children to pray? Why might she do this?
7. What information did Colton give about his sister who his mother had miscarried? How do his parents react? Why?
8. How were Sonja and the children's prayer important?
9. What is the "What does Jesus look like?" game? Why do they play it?
10. How did Colton make Ali Titus cry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton panics at a funeral.
Part 1) Describe Colton's behavior at a funeral after his trip to heaven. Why might he act this way? What does this say about God and heaven?
Part 2) How might this part of the book affect a non-believer? Why? How does it affect your beliefs about heaven and who goes to heaven?
Part 3) What other details of Colton's story tell what one must do to get to heaven? What does this say about those of other faiths? Do you agree with this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Todd sees the shadow of death in Colton's room.
Part 1) What is the shadow of death? Why does Todd see it? How is this significant? What does this foreshadow?
Part 2) How does this vision of the shadow of death make Colton's story even more amazing?
Part 3) What other details of this story make Colton's trip to heaven and back more shocking, yet believable?
Essay Topic 3
Todd rages at God.
Part 1) When does Todd rage at God? Why does he rage at God? To what does this raging lead? What does this reveal about Todd and about God?
Part 2) How does Sonja act as Todd is raging at God? What does this reveal about her? Who is the stronger of the two, Sonja or Todd? Why?
Part 3) How might you have reacted if you were in their position? Why do you believe you would have acted like this?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)