|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom were the children sent to live?
2. Colton constantly repeated what fact?
3. Why was Colton not upset?
4. Colton's sister pointed out that he certainly wasn't what?
5. What was one question Todd asked the boy about Satan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Colton make Ali Titus cry?
2. Why did Colton not recognize Pop? Why did he later recognize him? What might this say about heaven?
3. How had heaven become a normal part of Colton's life?
4. How did Colton make an impact on Ali Titus?
5. Who was next to God in heaven? How does this support the Bible?
6. Why did the Burpos begin to view children differently?
7. What did Colton know about his father becoming a pastor? Why is this important?
8. What information did Colton give about his sister who his mother had miscarried? How do his parents react? Why?
9. Why was Colton so upset by Satan?
10. Where did Colton sit in heaven? What might this say about God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton knows about his father first deciding to be a pastor.
Part 1) When did Todd decide to be a pastor? What led him to this decision? How is it surprising that Colton knew about this decision and how he came to make it?
Part 2) How does this knowledge of Todd's decision to become a pastor help support the possibility that Colton went to heaven? What other proof is there in this book to support this astounding trip?
Part 3) In what ways could someone show this proof of a trip to heaven to be invalid? How can Colton's stories of heaven be proven to be nothing more than a little boy's imagination?
Essay Topic 2
Before being diagnosed with appendicitis, Colton is misdiagnosed.
Part 1) How is Colton's appendicitis first diagnosed? How is it misdiagnosed again? What leads to the wrong diagnoses? How do they affect Colton and his family? How different would this story be if Colton's appendicitis had been diagnosed correctly the first time?
Part 2) If given the chance, would the Burpo family go back and change the events of this story so that Colton was diagnosed correctly the first time? Why or why not?
Part 3) When you have suffered from set-backs, illness, or challenges that led to positive outcomes, would you have to change the past so those challenges never occurred? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Colton panics at a funeral.
Part 1) Describe Colton's behavior at a funeral after his trip to heaven. Why might he act this way? What does this say about God and heaven?
Part 2) How might this part of the book affect a non-believer? Why? How does it affect your beliefs about heaven and who goes to heaven?
Part 3) What other details of Colton's story tell what one must do to get to heaven? What does this say about those of other faiths? Do you agree with this? Why or why not?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)