|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Colton mentioned that he had seen what happen to his father while he was giving a sermon?
2. One day in April, the boy ____________ at a snack stand.
3. During the trip, Colton asked his father if he had ___________________ named Pop.
4. Later, they received an e-mail telling them about a young girl named Akiane Kramarik from Idaho. She began to have "visions" of heaven when she was ________ years old.
5. In early 2006, the Burpo family rented what DVD?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "What does Jesus look like?" game? Why do they play it?
2. How did Colton make Ali Titus cry?
3. Who is Akiane Kramarik? How is she important?
4. How had heaven become a normal part of Colton's life?
5. How was the story of Solomon important? Why was this important to Todd?
6. How did Colton make an impact on Ali Titus?
7. How had Colton's experience in heaven made him more of a risk-taker? Is this good or bad? Why?
8. Why did the Burpos wait so long to tell their story?
9. Who was next to God in heaven? How does this support the Bible?
10. How was the family changed by this event?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Todd sees the shadow of death in Colton's room.
Part 1) What is the shadow of death? Why does Todd see it? How is this significant? What does this foreshadow?
Part 2) How does this vision of the shadow of death make Colton's story even more amazing?
Part 3) What other details of this story make Colton's trip to heaven and back more shocking, yet believable?
Essay Topic 2
Between Todd's medical problems and Colton's near death, the family's finances are depleted.
Part 1) How have these events depleted their finances? How do they deal with this debt? Why do they deal with it in this way? What does this reveal about them and about Colton?
Part 2) What is surprising about the way in which they are able to pay their bills? How might this have happened? Is it merely good luck, or is there a higher being involved? Why do you believe this? Use information from the book to support your response.
Part 3) What miracles have you witnessed in your own life? How have you explained these miracles? How have these miracles affected your own life? How were the Burpos affected by the miracles in their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Todd gives an incomplete confession.
Part 1) What does Todd Confess? Why does he make this confession? How is it an incomplete confession? Why does he leave this information out? What does this say about him?
Part 2) When does Todd finally confess fully what happened to his son and to his family? Why does he finally make this confession? How do others react to it? How does this affect the Burpo family?
Part 3) How does Todd's reluctance to confess reveal his doubt? How is he like Doubting Thomas? How do you compare to Doubting Thomas and Todd? Explain.
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)