|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Todd remembered when he was ________________ years old and felt almost a whisper telling him to become a pastor.
2. Colton confirmed that he saw ________________ in heaven and he also saw Mary, the mother of Jesus.
3. One day in April, the boy ____________ at a snack stand.
4. Why was Colton not upset?
5. In the spring of 2004, the family was celebrating what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Colton so upset by Satan?
2. Where did Colton sit in heaven? What might this say about God?
3. How was the family changed by this event?
4. How were the Burpos like St. Thomas?
5. How did Colton make Ali Titus cry?
6. Pop became a Christian right before he died. According to Colton's reactions up to this point, do you believe Pop would have been in heaven if he had not become a Christian? Why or why not?
7. Why did Colton say his father's dying friend did not have to worry? Would you be calmed by this? Why or why not?
8. Who was next to God in heaven? How does this support the Bible?
9. Whywas Colton's comment about Pop important?
10. What was one common word used by both Colton and Akiane to describe Jesus? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Todd rages at God.
Part 1) When does Todd rage at God? Why does he rage at God? To what does this raging lead? What does this reveal about Todd and about God?
Part 2) How does Sonja act as Todd is raging at God? What does this reveal about her? Who is the stronger of the two, Sonja or Todd? Why?
Part 3) How might you have reacted if you were in their position? Why do you believe you would have acted like this?
Essay Topic 2
Colton claims he sees the power of the Holy Spirit.
Part 1) What is the Holy Spirit? How does Colton describe the Holy Spirit? What is its role while Colton is in heaven? How does this compare to your previous understanding of the Holy Spirit?
Part 2) When does Colton see the power of the Holy Spirit? How is this significant? What does this say about Colton, post-trip to heaven?
Part 3) Do you believe that Colton actually saw the power of the Holy Spirit? Why or why not? In what other ways can one see God's power, or the power of nature?
Essay Topic 3
Between Todd's medical problems and Colton's near death, the family's finances are depleted.
Part 1) How have these events depleted their finances? How do they deal with this debt? Why do they deal with it in this way? What does this reveal about them and about Colton?
Part 2) What is surprising about the way in which they are able to pay their bills? How might this have happened? Is it merely good luck, or is there a higher being involved? Why do you believe this? Use information from the book to support your response.
Part 3) What miracles have you witnessed in your own life? How have you explained these miracles? How have these miracles affected your own life? How were the Burpos affected by the miracles in their lives?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)