|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jesus had told him that He had died on the cross so that humans could go do what?
2. One evening, the mother and children were praying together as a family. Sonja suggested that they pray for whom?
3. When they got home one evening, Sonja found Ali doing what at the sink?
4. The girl had hugged Colton and told him that she couldn't wait for what?
5. How did Colton react when his father showed some roadkill to teach him a lesson?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Colton make Ali Titus cry?
2. How were the Burpos like St. Thomas?
3. Why did the Burpos begin to view children differently?
4. How was the family's experience a gift?
5. Whywas Colton's comment about Pop important?
6. Why might the family have decided to go public with the story?
7. Why might angels use swords? Is this necessary? Why or why not?
8. Why did Colton not recognize Pop? Why did he later recognize him? What might this say about heaven?
9. Who is Akiane Kramarik? How is she important?
10. Pop became a Christian right before he died. According to Colton's reactions up to this point, do you believe Pop would have been in heaven if he had not become a Christian? Why or why not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Four months after the surgery, the family realizes something is unusual about Colton.
Part 1) What do they realize is unusual about him? How do they discover this? Why had they not noticed before?
Part 2) What might have been possible, logical explanations for his experiences? Is it possible that all of this took place in Colton's mind? Why or why not?
Part 3) What might be the reason for Colton's experience, when others have either died on the operating table momentarily and lived, yet did not experience anything remotely similar to what Colton experienced?
Essay Topic 2
Colton meets Pop in heaven.
Part 1) Who is Pop? How is this significant? Why might Colton meet Pop in heaven? What purpose might this serve?
Part 2) What is significant about the way Pop looks in heaven? What might this signify about heaven, or at least Colton's heaven? How does this tie in with the people with whom Jesus felt a close connection?
Part 3) Describe Colton's sister's appearance in heaven. Why might she look this way? Why would all people in heaven be in the same age range? What might be the purpose of this?
Essay Topic 3
Colton chooses to not hold Rosie the Spider but later changes his mind.
Part 1) How does Colton get the chance to hold Rosie the Spider? Why does he, at first, choose not to hold her? What does this reveal about him? Why does he later change his mind and decide to hold her? What does this also reveal about him?
Part 2) What is the purpose of this story about Rosie? Is it simply to tell the events leading up to Colton's appendicitis and visions of heaven, or does it serve some other purpose?
Part 3) When have you looked past your fears and acted brave? What led to this bravery? How were you changed by this bravery?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)