|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Todd had a picture of Pop when Pop was what age?
2. In her description of the portrait, she was saying that this person was what?
3. In the Epilogue, the author states that it had been a little over______________ years since Colton almost died.
4. Colton confirmed that he saw ________________ in heaven and he also saw Mary, the mother of Jesus.
5. Later, they received an e-mail telling them about a young girl named Akiane Kramarik from Idaho. She began to have "visions" of heaven when she was ________ years old.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Colton so upset by Satan?
2. What did Colton know about his father becoming a pastor? Why is this important?
3. Why did the Burpos begin to view children differently?
4. For what did Sonja ask the children to pray? Why might she do this?
5. Pop became a Christian right before he died. According to Colton's reactions up to this point, do you believe Pop would have been in heaven if he had not become a Christian? Why or why not?
6. Who was next to God in heaven? How does this support the Bible?
7. What did Colton say about the Battle of Armageddon?
8. What is the purpose of this book?
9. Why might angels use swords? Is this necessary? Why or why not?
10. How was the family's experience a gift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton meets Pop in heaven.
Part 1) Who is Pop? How is this significant? Why might Colton meet Pop in heaven? What purpose might this serve?
Part 2) What is significant about the way Pop looks in heaven? What might this signify about heaven, or at least Colton's heaven? How does this tie in with the people with whom Jesus felt a close connection?
Part 3) Describe Colton's sister's appearance in heaven. Why might she look this way? Why would all people in heaven be in the same age range? What might be the purpose of this?
Essay Topic 2
Heaven is filled with children.
Part 1) Describe this child-filled heaven. Why might heaven be filled with children? How does the author prove that Colton's story about heaven is true? What information does he provide to back this claim that heaven is filled with children?
Part 2) How does this new information about heaven affect the Burpo family? How does their view of children change? How might this book change others views of children?
Part 3) What do you see as the importance of children? What role do they play in society? How can adults learn from them?
Essay Topic 3
Colton's demeanor changes greatly with the mention of Satan.
Part 1) Who is Satan? How does the topic of Satan come up? How does Colton react to questions regarding Satan? Why might he react this way?
Part 2) Colton not only learned about the past, but about the future while he was in heaven. What did he learn about the future? Why might he still react this way to the mention of Satan?
Part 3) How is Satan, or evil, seen in our world today? How might Colton view this evil? What advice might he give? Why? Use the book to support your response.
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)