|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the future when they asked about Satan, how did Colton react?
2. Who had Todd told about this whisper?
3. How was Satan kept out of heaven?
4. In early 2006, the Burpo family rented what DVD?
5. Now that the family had three children, the parents decided to hire a babysitter for their Monday night softball dates. They hired an ____________ named Ali Titus.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Akiane Kramarik? How is she important?
2. Why did the Burpos wait so long to tell their story?
3. For what did Sonja ask the children to pray? Why might she do this?
4. What is the purpose of this book?
5. What did Colton know about his father becoming a pastor? Why is this important?
6. How was the family's experience a gift?
7. What information did Colton give about his sister who his mother had miscarried? How do his parents react? Why?
8. How were Sonja and the children's prayer important?
9. How did Colton make Ali Titus cry?
10. Why might the family have decided to go public with the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton panics at a funeral.
Part 1) Describe Colton's behavior at a funeral after his trip to heaven. Why might he act this way? What does this say about God and heaven?
Part 2) How might this part of the book affect a non-believer? Why? How does it affect your beliefs about heaven and who goes to heaven?
Part 3) What other details of Colton's story tell what one must do to get to heaven? What does this say about those of other faiths? Do you agree with this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Colton knows about his mother's miscarriage.
Part 1) Describe this miscarriage and Colton's knowledge of it. Why might Colton have met his sister in heaven? What other events took place in heaven? Why did they take place?
Part 2) How was the Burpo family changed by these stories? Why were they changed? Why were others changed by these stories? Why?
Part 3) Have you been changed by these stories? If so, how? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
Heaven is filled with children.
Part 1) Describe this child-filled heaven. Why might heaven be filled with children? How does the author prove that Colton's story about heaven is true? What information does he provide to back this claim that heaven is filled with children?
Part 2) How does this new information about heaven affect the Burpo family? How does their view of children change? How might this book change others views of children?
Part 3) What do you see as the importance of children? What role do they play in society? How can adults learn from them?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)