|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In October, Colton told his mother that he had _______ sisters.
2. He mentioned dragons, and it made Todd think of a passage in what?
3. Now that the family had three children, the parents decided to hire a babysitter for their Monday night softball dates. They hired an ____________ named Ali Titus.
4. The boy said that he saw who fighting too?
5. Who had Todd told about this whisper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was one common word used by both Colton and Akiane to describe Jesus? Why?
2. How was the family's experience a gift?
3. What did Colton say about the Battle of Armageddon?
4. How were the Burpos like St. Thomas?
5. Why did the Burpos wait so long to tell their story?
6. What reservations did the Burpos family have for writing a book?
7. Who was next to God in heaven? How does this support the Bible?
8. Why was Colton so upset by Satan?
9. Why did Colton say his father's dying friend did not have to worry? Would you be calmed by this? Why or why not?
10. What did Colton know about his father becoming a pastor? Why is this important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton's stories match up with Biblical texts.
Part 1) Describe the details that Colton gives that support Biblical texts. How is this information important?
Part 2) In what other ways might Colton have known about Biblical history, prior to his trip to heaven? Could this knowledge have played a role in his vision of heaven? Why or why not?
Part 3) If the Bible is an accurate description of God and what He asks of us, how must the world change to suit His desires? How must you change? Why? How do you feel about this? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
Colton meets Pop in heaven.
Part 1) Who is Pop? How is this significant? Why might Colton meet Pop in heaven? What purpose might this serve?
Part 2) What is significant about the way Pop looks in heaven? What might this signify about heaven, or at least Colton's heaven? How does this tie in with the people with whom Jesus felt a close connection?
Part 3) Describe Colton's sister's appearance in heaven. Why might she look this way? Why would all people in heaven be in the same age range? What might be the purpose of this?
Essay Topic 3
Colton wants readers to know that "heaven is for real."
Part 1) How is this purpose seen throughout the book? Might this be what God wants? Why or why not?
Part 2) Will all readers read this book and believe that heaven is for real? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you believe that heaven is for real, as seen from Colton's point of view? Why or why not?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)