|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When people suggested that they write a book, how did they first react?
2. Why did they react the way they did in the answer to number 173?
3. Colton confirmed that he saw ________________ in heaven and he also saw Mary, the mother of Jesus.
4. What was one thing that Sonja said Colton probably did not like about heaven?
5. In her description of the portrait, she was saying that this person was what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Akiane Kramarik? How is she important?
2. For what did Sonja ask the children to pray? Why might she do this?
3. Why was Colton so upset by Satan?
4. How were the Burpos like St. Thomas?
5. How was the family changed by this event?
6. Why did the Burpos wait so long to tell their story?
7. Where did Colton sit in heaven? What might this say about God?
8. Why did Colton say his father's dying friend did not have to worry? Would you be calmed by this? Why or why not?
9. How was the family's experience a gift?
10. Why might angels use swords? Is this necessary? Why or why not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton's stories match up with Biblical texts.
Part 1) Describe the details that Colton gives that support Biblical texts. How is this information important?
Part 2) In what other ways might Colton have known about Biblical history, prior to his trip to heaven? Could this knowledge have played a role in his vision of heaven? Why or why not?
Part 3) If the Bible is an accurate description of God and what He asks of us, how must the world change to suit His desires? How must you change? Why? How do you feel about this? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
Heaven is filled with children.
Part 1) Describe this child-filled heaven. Why might heaven be filled with children? How does the author prove that Colton's story about heaven is true? What information does he provide to back this claim that heaven is filled with children?
Part 2) How does this new information about heaven affect the Burpo family? How does their view of children change? How might this book change others views of children?
Part 3) What do you see as the importance of children? What role do they play in society? How can adults learn from them?
Essay Topic 3
Before being diagnosed with appendicitis, Colton is misdiagnosed.
Part 1) How is Colton's appendicitis first diagnosed? How is it misdiagnosed again? What leads to the wrong diagnoses? How do they affect Colton and his family? How different would this story be if Colton's appendicitis had been diagnosed correctly the first time?
Part 2) If given the chance, would the Burpo family go back and change the events of this story so that Colton was diagnosed correctly the first time? Why or why not?
Part 3) When you have suffered from set-backs, illness, or challenges that led to positive outcomes, would you have to change the past so those challenges never occurred? Why or why not?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)