|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Todd had a picture of Pop when Pop was what age?
2. One day in April, the boy ____________ at a snack stand.
3. What, then was Colton's response regarding the artwork?
4. Cassie was heading off to her high school, Colby was about to enter kindergarten, and Colton was about to enter ______________ grade.
5. Who did Colton say God adopted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Colton sit in heaven? What might this say about God?
2. Who is Akiane Kramarik? How is she important?
3. Why was Colton so upset by Satan?
4. How had heaven become a normal part of Colton's life?
5. How did Colton make Ali Titus cry?
6. Why did Colton not recognize Pop? Why did he later recognize him? What might this say about heaven?
7. What did Colton say about the Battle of Armageddon?
8. How did Colton make an impact on Ali Titus?
9. What reservations did the Burpos family have for writing a book?
10. How were Sonja and the children's prayer important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The trip in March was to be celebratory.
Part 1) Why was the trip supposed to be celebratory? What had happened to the Burpo family prior to this trip? How had their faith and strength been tested? What did these previous challenges reveal about the Burpo family?
Part 2) How did the trip change? Why did it change? How did the various family members react to these changes? What do these reactions reveal about them?
Part 3) How, in the end, did this trip in March lead to celebration? When have you suffered and later realized it had led you to positive changes in your life and/or in the lives of others?
Essay Topic 2
Colton's stories match up with Biblical texts.
Part 1) Describe the details that Colton gives that support Biblical texts. How is this information important?
Part 2) In what other ways might Colton have known about Biblical history, prior to his trip to heaven? Could this knowledge have played a role in his vision of heaven? Why or why not?
Part 3) If the Bible is an accurate description of God and what He asks of us, how must the world change to suit His desires? How must you change? Why? How do you feel about this? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
Colton claims he sees the power of the Holy Spirit.
Part 1) What is the Holy Spirit? How does Colton describe the Holy Spirit? What is its role while Colton is in heaven? How does this compare to your previous understanding of the Holy Spirit?
Part 2) When does Colton see the power of the Holy Spirit? How is this significant? What does this say about Colton, post-trip to heaven?
Part 3) Do you believe that Colton actually saw the power of the Holy Spirit? Why or why not? In what other ways can one see God's power, or the power of nature?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)