|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Todd showed Colton a picture of Pop, Todd's Grandma Ellen, his mother, and his uncle Bill who did Colton recognize?
2. Now he was almost five-years-old. Todd asked Colton if he knew what ____________ was about.
3. Colton began talking about what?
4. In early 2006, the Burpo family rented what DVD?
5. What was one question Todd asked the boy about Satan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might Colton have liked "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe?"
2. Whywas Colton's comment about Pop important?
3. How was the family's experience a gift?
4. For what did Sonja ask the children to pray? Why might she do this?
5. Who was next to God in heaven? How does this support the Bible?
6. What is the purpose of this book?
7. How did Colton make an impact on Ali Titus?
8. Why did the Burpos begin to view children differently?
9. Where did Colton sit in heaven? What might this say about God?
10. How had heaven become a normal part of Colton's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Todd gives an incomplete confession.
Part 1) What does Todd Confess? Why does he make this confession? How is it an incomplete confession? Why does he leave this information out? What does this say about him?
Part 2) When does Todd finally confess fully what happened to his son and to his family? Why does he finally make this confession? How do others react to it? How does this affect the Burpo family?
Part 3) How does Todd's reluctance to confess reveal his doubt? How is he like Doubting Thomas? How do you compare to Doubting Thomas and Todd? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The trip in March was to be celebratory.
Part 1) Why was the trip supposed to be celebratory? What had happened to the Burpo family prior to this trip? How had their faith and strength been tested? What did these previous challenges reveal about the Burpo family?
Part 2) How did the trip change? Why did it change? How did the various family members react to these changes? What do these reactions reveal about them?
Part 3) How, in the end, did this trip in March lead to celebration? When have you suffered and later realized it had led you to positive changes in your life and/or in the lives of others?
Essay Topic 3
Heaven is filled with children.
Part 1) Describe this child-filled heaven. Why might heaven be filled with children? How does the author prove that Colton's story about heaven is true? What information does he provide to back this claim that heaven is filled with children?
Part 2) How does this new information about heaven affect the Burpo family? How does their view of children change? How might this book change others views of children?
Part 3) What do you see as the importance of children? What role do they play in society? How can adults learn from them?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)