|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In early 2006, the Burpo family rented what DVD?
2. To what did this discovery lead?
3. Who did Colton say God adopted?
4. Todd was floored because Pop had died ___________________ before Colton's birth.
5. In the Epilogue, the author states that it had been a little over______________ years since Colton almost died.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "What does Jesus look like?" game? Why do they play it?
2. How did Colton make an impact on Ali Titus?
3. How had heaven become a normal part of Colton's life?
4. How had Colton's experience in heaven made him more of a risk-taker? Is this good or bad? Why?
5. Who was next to God in heaven? How does this support the Bible?
6. What was one common word used by both Colton and Akiane to describe Jesus? Why?
7. How did Colton make Ali Titus cry?
8. Why did the Burpos wait so long to tell their story?
9. What did Colton know about his father becoming a pastor? Why is this important?
10. Whywas Colton's comment about Pop important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On January 28, 2007, the family goes public with their story.
Part 1) Why does the family choose to go public with this story? Why does it take them so long to choose to go public? How might the publicizing of this story affect the family?
Part 2) What might the family be like now, several years after the book was published? What might they have to say about Colton's story and this book? Use the book to support your response.
Part 3) How can being in the public eye be both good and bad? What should one do to stay healthy and happy when constantly being in the public eye?
Essay Topic 2
Colton wants readers to know that "heaven is for real."
Part 1) How is this purpose seen throughout the book? Might this be what God wants? Why or why not?
Part 2) Will all readers read this book and believe that heaven is for real? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you believe that heaven is for real, as seen from Colton's point of view? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Colton meets Pop in heaven.
Part 1) Who is Pop? How is this significant? Why might Colton meet Pop in heaven? What purpose might this serve?
Part 2) What is significant about the way Pop looks in heaven? What might this signify about heaven, or at least Colton's heaven? How does this tie in with the people with whom Jesus felt a close connection?
Part 3) Describe Colton's sister's appearance in heaven. Why might she look this way? Why would all people in heaven be in the same age range? What might be the purpose of this?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)