|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Satan kept out of heaven?
2. What did Colton do when the family asked him to look at drawings and paintings of Christ?
3. Todd explained that the events occurred how?
4. Todd was floored because Pop had died ___________________ before Colton's birth.
5. How did Todd respond when Colton said it would be good to die because it would mean that he would go back to heaven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of this book?
2. Why might angels use swords? Is this necessary? Why or why not?
3. Why might Colton have liked "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe?"
4. What did Colton say about the Battle of Armageddon?
5. How did Colton make an impact on Ali Titus?
6. Why did Colton not recognize Pop? Why did he later recognize him? What might this say about heaven?
7. How did Colton make Ali Titus cry?
8. How was the family changed by this event?
9. Why was Colton so upset by Satan?
10. Why did the Burpos wait so long to tell their story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On January 28, 2007, the family goes public with their story.
Part 1) Why does the family choose to go public with this story? Why does it take them so long to choose to go public? How might the publicizing of this story affect the family?
Part 2) What might the family be like now, several years after the book was published? What might they have to say about Colton's story and this book? Use the book to support your response.
Part 3) How can being in the public eye be both good and bad? What should one do to stay healthy and happy when constantly being in the public eye?
Essay Topic 2
Colton panics at a funeral.
Part 1) Describe Colton's behavior at a funeral after his trip to heaven. Why might he act this way? What does this say about God and heaven?
Part 2) How might this part of the book affect a non-believer? Why? How does it affect your beliefs about heaven and who goes to heaven?
Part 3) What other details of Colton's story tell what one must do to get to heaven? What does this say about those of other faiths? Do you agree with this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Before being diagnosed with appendicitis, Colton is misdiagnosed.
Part 1) How is Colton's appendicitis first diagnosed? How is it misdiagnosed again? What leads to the wrong diagnoses? How do they affect Colton and his family? How different would this story be if Colton's appendicitis had been diagnosed correctly the first time?
Part 2) If given the chance, would the Burpo family go back and change the events of this story so that Colton was diagnosed correctly the first time? Why or why not?
Part 3) When you have suffered from set-backs, illness, or challenges that led to positive outcomes, would you have to change the past so those challenges never occurred? Why or why not?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)