|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A radiologist told them that their son had what?
2. Back in the hotel, Colton began doing what?
3. Colton told them about the angels singing to him. Why did they sing to him?
4. In the hospital room, Colton told Todd that what happened?
5. Colton also said that Jesus had a __________ horse.
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the markers on Jesus' hands and feet significant?
2. What made taking a CT scan challenging? What wa the technician's suggestion? Was this good? Why or why not?
3. How was Todd's mastectomy a miracle? Do you agree that this is a miracle? Why or why not?
4. Colton said he did homework in heaven. What kind of homework might this have been? Why?
5. How was this trip to Greeley supposed to be celebratory?
6. What did Todd confess? Why was this not a full confession?
7. How was the burst appendix a dire situation? Could this have been prevented? Why or why not?
8. How was Colton's response regarding paying the doctor significant?
9. How was Colton's recovery miraculous? Do you believe the prayers helped? Why or why not?
10. What sign did the technician give that made the Burpos believe something was seriously wrong with Colton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton claims he sees the power of the Holy Spirit.
Part 1) What is the Holy Spirit? How does Colton describe the Holy Spirit? What is its role while Colton is in heaven? How does this compare to your previous understanding of the Holy Spirit?
Part 2) When does Colton see the power of the Holy Spirit? How is this significant? What does this say about Colton, post-trip to heaven?
Part 3) Do you believe that Colton actually saw the power of the Holy Spirit? Why or why not? In what other ways can one see God's power, or the power of nature?
Essay Topic 2
Todd sees the shadow of death in Colton's room.
Part 1) What is the shadow of death? Why does Todd see it? How is this significant? What does this foreshadow?
Part 2) How does this vision of the shadow of death make Colton's story even more amazing?
Part 3) What other details of this story make Colton's trip to heaven and back more shocking, yet believable?
Essay Topic 3
Colton knows about his father first deciding to be a pastor.
Part 1) When did Todd decide to be a pastor? What led him to this decision? How is it surprising that Colton knew about this decision and how he came to make it?
Part 2) How does this knowledge of Todd's decision to become a pastor help support the possibility that Colton went to heaven? What other proof is there in this book to support this astounding trip?
Part 3) In what ways could someone show this proof of a trip to heaven to be invalid? How can Colton's stories of heaven be proven to be nothing more than a little boy's imagination?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)