|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Todd knew that this was a time for what?
2. Back in the hotel, Colton began doing what?
3. What did Colton say everyone, but Jesus, had in heaven?
4. What was Colton doing?
5. What had been happening to Colton for five days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Todd confess? Why was this not a full confession?
2. Colton said he did homework in heaven. What kind of homework might this have been? Why?
3. What complications occurred after the surgery?
4. Why did the flu or food poisoning seem to be likely causes for Colton's illness?
5. How did Colton react at the funerals? Why?
6. What was significant about Colton's response that he was in heaven for three minutes?
7. What challenges occurred prior to the ordering of a CT scan?
8. Why did Colton yell for his father? How is this important?
9. How is the story about Rosie the Spider significant?
10. What sign did the technician give that made the Burpos believe something was seriously wrong with Colton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton knows about his mother's miscarriage.
Part 1) Describe this miscarriage and Colton's knowledge of it. Why might Colton have met his sister in heaven? What other events took place in heaven? Why did they take place?
Part 2) How was the Burpo family changed by these stories? Why were they changed? Why were others changed by these stories? Why?
Part 3) Have you been changed by these stories? If so, how? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
The trip in March was to be celebratory.
Part 1) Why was the trip supposed to be celebratory? What had happened to the Burpo family prior to this trip? How had their faith and strength been tested? What did these previous challenges reveal about the Burpo family?
Part 2) How did the trip change? Why did it change? How did the various family members react to these changes? What do these reactions reveal about them?
Part 3) How, in the end, did this trip in March lead to celebration? When have you suffered and later realized it had led you to positive changes in your life and/or in the lives of others?
Essay Topic 3
On January 28, 2007, the family goes public with their story.
Part 1) Why does the family choose to go public with this story? Why does it take them so long to choose to go public? How might the publicizing of this story affect the family?
Part 2) What might the family be like now, several years after the book was published? What might they have to say about Colton's story and this book? Use the book to support your response.
Part 3) How can being in the public eye be both good and bad? What should one do to stay healthy and happy when constantly being in the public eye?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)