Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Todd find Sonja?
2. On that Fourth of July weekend trip, the now four-year-old boy not only told them that _____________________ while they were operating.
3. Todd went to a conference of ____________ and felt the need to confess.
4. What was Colton doing?
5. It was easy to blame who for not recognizing how severe the problem had been?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information did Colton give about his sister who his mother had miscarried? How do his parents react? Why?
2. What was one common word used by both Colton and Akiane to describe Jesus? Why?
3. What challenges occurred prior to the ordering of a CT scan?
4. How is the story about Rosie the Spider significant?
5. What complications occurred after the surgery?
6. What are the diagnoses given for Colton's illness? How could these pose a problem?
7. What made taking a CT scan challenging? What wa the technician's suggestion? Was this good? Why or why not?
8. How was Todd's mastectomy a miracle? Do you agree that this is a miracle? Why or why not?
9. How did the Burpos realize something unusual has happened to their son?
10. What is the "What does Jesus look like?" game? Why do they play it?
Essay Topic 1
Between Todd's medical problems and Colton's near death, the family's finances are depleted.
Part 1) How have these events depleted their finances? How do they deal with this debt? Why do they deal with it in this way? What does this reveal about them and about Colton?
Part 2) What is surprising about the way in which they are able to pay their bills? How might this have happened? Is it merely good luck, or is there a higher being involved? Why do you believe this? Use information from the book to support your response.
Part 3) What miracles have you witnessed in your own life? How have you explained these miracles? How have these miracles affected your own life? How were the Burpos affected by the miracles in their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Colton panics at a funeral.
Part 1) Describe Colton's behavior at a funeral after his trip to heaven. Why might he act this way? What does this say about God and heaven?
Part 2) How might this part of the book affect a non-believer? Why? How does it affect your beliefs about heaven and who goes to heaven?
Part 3) What other details of Colton's story tell what one must do to get to heaven? What does this say about those of other faiths? Do you agree with this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Four months after the surgery, the family realizes something is unusual about Colton.
Part 1) What do they realize is unusual about him? How do they discover this? Why had they not noticed before?
Part 2) What might have been possible, logical explanations for his experiences? Is it possible that all of this took place in Colton's mind? Why or why not?
Part 3) What might be the reason for Colton's experience, when others have either died on the operating table momentarily and lived, yet did not experience anything remotely similar to what Colton experienced?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)