|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Colton react to the surprise brought by Norma?
2. When the doctor came in, what did he order?
3. Why was it decided that Colton should go to the emergency room?
4. Who showed up to support the Burpos?
5. __________ days after the second surgery, Colton was in serious pain because he couldn't have a bowel movement.
Short Essay Questions
1. What might Todd mean by the shadow of death?
2. How did Colton react at the funerals? Why?
3. How did the Burpos realize something unusual has happened to their son?
4. How was Colton's response regarding paying the doctor significant?
5. What did the Burpos refuse to stop paying? Why do they do this?
6. Why did the flu or food poisoning seem to be likely causes for Colton's illness?
7. What did Todd confess? Why was this not a full confession?
8. What surprising information was learned at Arby's? Why was this surprising?
9. What complications occurred after the surgery?
10. How are the markers on Jesus' hands and feet significant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Todd rages at God.
Part 1) When does Todd rage at God? Why does he rage at God? To what does this raging lead? What does this reveal about Todd and about God?
Part 2) How does Sonja act as Todd is raging at God? What does this reveal about her? Who is the stronger of the two, Sonja or Todd? Why?
Part 3) How might you have reacted if you were in their position? Why do you believe you would have acted like this?
Essay Topic 2
On January 28, 2007, the family goes public with their story.
Part 1) Why does the family choose to go public with this story? Why does it take them so long to choose to go public? How might the publicizing of this story affect the family?
Part 2) What might the family be like now, several years after the book was published? What might they have to say about Colton's story and this book? Use the book to support your response.
Part 3) How can being in the public eye be both good and bad? What should one do to stay healthy and happy when constantly being in the public eye?
Essay Topic 3
Colton meets Pop in heaven.
Part 1) Who is Pop? How is this significant? Why might Colton meet Pop in heaven? What purpose might this serve?
Part 2) What is significant about the way Pop looks in heaven? What might this signify about heaven, or at least Colton's heaven? How does this tie in with the people with whom Jesus felt a close connection?
Part 3) Describe Colton's sister's appearance in heaven. Why might she look this way? Why would all people in heaven be in the same age range? What might be the purpose of this?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)