|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestion did Norma make?
2. Colton said that Jesus was the only one in heaven with what?
3. Money began to come in from donations with notes attached. The checks added up to what?
4. In November, what did Todd discover he had?
5. When they arrived, they discovered what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Todd rage at God? Should he have done this? Why or why not?
2. Colton said he did homework in heaven. What kind of homework might this have been? Why?
3. How was the burst appendix a dire situation? Could this have been prevented? Why or why not?
4. What surprising information was learned at Arby's? Why was this surprising?
5. What are the diagnoses given for Colton's illness? How could these pose a problem?
6. What is the significance of Colton's reaction to his favorite action figure?
7. How did Colton react after surgery? Why?
8. How was this trip to Greeley supposed to be celebratory?
9. How did the Burpos realize something unusual has happened to their son?
10. How did a broken leg severely affect the family's finances?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton's demeanor changes greatly with the mention of Satan.
Part 1) Who is Satan? How does the topic of Satan come up? How does Colton react to questions regarding Satan? Why might he react this way?
Part 2) Colton not only learned about the past, but about the future while he was in heaven. What did he learn about the future? Why might he still react this way to the mention of Satan?
Part 3) How is Satan, or evil, seen in our world today? How might Colton view this evil? What advice might he give? Why? Use the book to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
Colton knows about his mother's miscarriage.
Part 1) Describe this miscarriage and Colton's knowledge of it. Why might Colton have met his sister in heaven? What other events took place in heaven? Why did they take place?
Part 2) How was the Burpo family changed by these stories? Why were they changed? Why were others changed by these stories? Why?
Part 3) Have you been changed by these stories? If so, how? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
The trip in March was to be celebratory.
Part 1) Why was the trip supposed to be celebratory? What had happened to the Burpo family prior to this trip? How had their faith and strength been tested? What did these previous challenges reveal about the Burpo family?
Part 2) How did the trip change? Why did it change? How did the various family members react to these changes? What do these reactions reveal about them?
Part 3) How, in the end, did this trip in March lead to celebration? When have you suffered and later realized it had led you to positive changes in your life and/or in the lives of others?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)