|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A CT scan showed what?
2. Sonja left work early and took Colton to the doctor, where he wa diagnosed with what?
3. Why could Todd not understand how Colton could have gone to heaven?
4. In November, what did Todd discover he had?
5. Who wore different colored sashes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was life difficult after the surgery?
2. What is the significance of Colton's reaction to his favorite action figure?
3. What did the Burpos refuse to stop paying? Why do they do this?
4. Why did Colton yell for his father? How is this important?
5. How did Colton react after surgery? Why?
6. What complications occurred after the surgery?
7. What challenges occurred prior to the ordering of a CT scan?
8. What sign did the technician give that made the Burpos believe something was seriously wrong with Colton?
9. Colton said he did homework in heaven. What kind of homework might this have been? Why?
10. What made taking a CT scan challenging? What wa the technician's suggestion? Was this good? Why or why not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Heaven is filled with children.
Part 1) Describe this child-filled heaven. Why might heaven be filled with children? How does the author prove that Colton's story about heaven is true? What information does he provide to back this claim that heaven is filled with children?
Part 2) How does this new information about heaven affect the Burpo family? How does their view of children change? How might this book change others views of children?
Part 3) What do you see as the importance of children? What role do they play in society? How can adults learn from them?
Essay Topic 2
Colton becomes fearless.
Part 1) Support this statement with proof from the book. Why is Colton fearless? Is this good? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does Colton's fearlessness affect his family? Are they as fearless as he is? Why or why not? Does he continue to be as fearless as he grows older? Why or why not?
Part 3) How can you learn from Colton's fearlessness? How might less fear in your life influence the decisions you make and the actions you take?
Essay Topic 3
The trip in March was to be celebratory.
Part 1) Why was the trip supposed to be celebratory? What had happened to the Burpo family prior to this trip? How had their faith and strength been tested? What did these previous challenges reveal about the Burpo family?
Part 2) How did the trip change? Why did it change? How did the various family members react to these changes? What do these reactions reveal about them?
Part 3) How, in the end, did this trip in March lead to celebration? When have you suffered and later realized it had led you to positive changes in your life and/or in the lives of others?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)