|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sonja left work early and took Colton to the doctor, where he wa diagnosed with what?
2. As they pulled into _________, the parents questioned the boy about his experience.
3. When they took Colton back to the doctor, about what was the doctor concerned?
4. The parents left their son how?
5. Where did Todd find Sonja?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was life difficult after the surgery?
2. What did Todd confess? Why was this not a full confession?
3. What sign did the technician give that made the Burpos believe something was seriously wrong with Colton?
4. What challenges occurred prior to the ordering of a CT scan?
5. Why might Colton have liked "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe?"
6. Why might angels use swords? Is this necessary? Why or why not?
7. For what did Sonja ask the children to pray? Why might she do this?
8. How was the family changed by this event?
9. Why might the family have decided to go public with the story?
10. What is the significance of Colton's reaction to his favorite action figure?
Essay Topic 1
Colton knows about his mother's miscarriage.
Part 1) Describe this miscarriage and Colton's knowledge of it. Why might Colton have met his sister in heaven? What other events took place in heaven? Why did they take place?
Part 2) How was the Burpo family changed by these stories? Why were they changed? Why were others changed by these stories? Why?
Part 3) Have you been changed by these stories? If so, how? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
Colton panics at a funeral.
Part 1) Describe Colton's behavior at a funeral after his trip to heaven. Why might he act this way? What does this say about God and heaven?
Part 2) How might this part of the book affect a non-believer? Why? How does it affect your beliefs about heaven and who goes to heaven?
Part 3) What other details of Colton's story tell what one must do to get to heaven? What does this say about those of other faiths? Do you agree with this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
On January 28, 2007, the family goes public with their story.
Part 1) Why does the family choose to go public with this story? Why does it take them so long to choose to go public? How might the publicizing of this story affect the family?
Part 2) What might the family be like now, several years after the book was published? What might they have to say about Colton's story and this book? Use the book to support your response.
Part 3) How can being in the public eye be both good and bad? What should one do to stay healthy and happy when constantly being in the public eye?
This section contains 2,628 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)