|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Colton was obsessed with _________________ and often pretended to be one.
2. Money began to come in from donations with notes attached. The checks added up to what?
3. What had been happening to Colton for five days?
4. When they arrived, they discovered what?
5. Todd had to go to _________________, and they decided to turn it into a family trip to celebrate the fact that they had beaten cancer and two surgeries.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might Colton have liked "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe?"
2. What might Todd mean by the shadow of death?
3. What made taking a CT scan challenging? What wa the technician's suggestion? Was this good? Why or why not?
4. How did Colton react at the funerals? Why?
5. How are the markers on Jesus' hands and feet significant?
6. Whywas Colton's comment about Pop important?
7. What is the "What does Jesus look like?" game? Why do they play it?
8. Why did Colton say his father's dying friend did not have to worry? Would you be calmed by this? Why or why not?
9. What was significant about Colton's response that he was in heaven for three minutes?
10. How did the Burpos realize something unusual has happened to their son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton meets Pop in heaven.
Part 1) Who is Pop? How is this significant? Why might Colton meet Pop in heaven? What purpose might this serve?
Part 2) What is significant about the way Pop looks in heaven? What might this signify about heaven, or at least Colton's heaven? How does this tie in with the people with whom Jesus felt a close connection?
Part 3) Describe Colton's sister's appearance in heaven. Why might she look this way? Why would all people in heaven be in the same age range? What might be the purpose of this?
Essay Topic 2
Heaven is filled with children.
Part 1) Describe this child-filled heaven. Why might heaven be filled with children? How does the author prove that Colton's story about heaven is true? What information does he provide to back this claim that heaven is filled with children?
Part 2) How does this new information about heaven affect the Burpo family? How does their view of children change? How might this book change others views of children?
Part 3) What do you see as the importance of children? What role do they play in society? How can adults learn from them?
Essay Topic 3
Colton becomes fearless.
Part 1) Support this statement with proof from the book. Why is Colton fearless? Is this good? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does Colton's fearlessness affect his family? Are they as fearless as he is? Why or why not? Does he continue to be as fearless as he grows older? Why or why not?
Part 3) How can you learn from Colton's fearlessness? How might less fear in your life influence the decisions you make and the actions you take?
This section contains 2,770 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)