|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Wednesday, the parents told the staff at the hospital that they were going to take Colton where?
2. Todd had to go to _________________, and they decided to turn it into a family trip to celebrate the fact that they had beaten cancer and two surgeries.
3. Did Todd tell them the complete story?
4. Preparing for the trip was nerve-wracking as the desire to remain safe at home warred with the desire to do what?
5. Who was white from shoulder to toe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sign did the technician give that made the Burpos believe something was seriously wrong with Colton?
2. Why did Colton yell for his father? How is this important?
3. How was this trip to Greeley supposed to be celebratory?
4. What was significant about the donations that came in?
5. What made taking a CT scan challenging? What wa the technician's suggestion? Was this good? Why or why not?
6. Why did the flu or food poisoning seem to be likely causes for Colton's illness?
7. How was the burst appendix a dire situation? Could this have been prevented? Why or why not?
8. What challenges occurred prior to the ordering of a CT scan?
9. What is the significance of Colton's reaction to his favorite action figure?
10. How did the Burpos realize something unusual has happened to their son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton knows about his mother's miscarriage.
Part 1) Describe this miscarriage and Colton's knowledge of it. Why might Colton have met his sister in heaven? What other events took place in heaven? Why did they take place?
Part 2) How was the Burpo family changed by these stories? Why were they changed? Why were others changed by these stories? Why?
Part 3) Have you been changed by these stories? If so, how? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
Colton wants readers to know that "heaven is for real."
Part 1) How is this purpose seen throughout the book? Might this be what God wants? Why or why not?
Part 2) Will all readers read this book and believe that heaven is for real? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you believe that heaven is for real, as seen from Colton's point of view? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
On January 28, 2007, the family goes public with their story.
Part 1) Why does the family choose to go public with this story? Why does it take them so long to choose to go public? How might the publicizing of this story affect the family?
Part 2) What might the family be like now, several years after the book was published? What might they have to say about Colton's story and this book? Use the book to support your response.
Part 3) How can being in the public eye be both good and bad? What should one do to stay healthy and happy when constantly being in the public eye?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)