|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Colton need immediately?
2. What did Colton do in heaven?
3. As his son was taken away, Todd felt as if he was going to lose it, and he had to do what?
4. How did Todd feel towards God at this point?
5. Todd was bothered that he had done what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was this trip to Greeley supposed to be celebratory?
2. How are the markers on Jesus' hands and feet significant?
3. How was Colton's response regarding paying the doctor significant?
4. Why did Todd rage at God? Should he have done this? Why or why not?
5. How was life difficult after the surgery?
6. How did a broken leg severely affect the family's finances?
7. Why did Colton yell for his father? How is this important?
8. What sign did the technician give that made the Burpos believe something was seriously wrong with Colton?
9. What made taking a CT scan challenging? What wa the technician's suggestion? Was this good? Why or why not?
10. What had happened on the last Burpo family vacation in March? How was this affecting their preparations for their current trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton knows about his mother's miscarriage.
Part 1) Describe this miscarriage and Colton's knowledge of it. Why might Colton have met his sister in heaven? What other events took place in heaven? Why did they take place?
Part 2) How was the Burpo family changed by these stories? Why were they changed? Why were others changed by these stories? Why?
Part 3) Have you been changed by these stories? If so, how? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
Colton becomes fearless.
Part 1) Support this statement with proof from the book. Why is Colton fearless? Is this good? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does Colton's fearlessness affect his family? Are they as fearless as he is? Why or why not? Does he continue to be as fearless as he grows older? Why or why not?
Part 3) How can you learn from Colton's fearlessness? How might less fear in your life influence the decisions you make and the actions you take?
Essay Topic 3
Before being diagnosed with appendicitis, Colton is misdiagnosed.
Part 1) How is Colton's appendicitis first diagnosed? How is it misdiagnosed again? What leads to the wrong diagnoses? How do they affect Colton and his family? How different would this story be if Colton's appendicitis had been diagnosed correctly the first time?
Part 2) If given the chance, would the Burpo family go back and change the events of this story so that Colton was diagnosed correctly the first time? Why or why not?
Part 3) When you have suffered from set-backs, illness, or challenges that led to positive outcomes, would you have to change the past so those challenges never occurred? Why or why not?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)