|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Colton do in heaven?
2. Back at the church, over ___________ people gathered together to pray for the family.
3. As his son was taken away, Todd felt as if he was going to lose it, and he had to do what?
4. How did Todd feel about seeing this in his not yet four-year-old son's room?
5. What color did Jesus wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Todd rage at God? Should he have done this? Why or why not?
2. What challenges occurred prior to the ordering of a CT scan?
3. How did Colton react at the funerals? Why?
4. How are the markers on Jesus' hands and feet significant?
5. What sign did the technician give that made the Burpos believe something was seriously wrong with Colton?
6. How was the burst appendix a dire situation? Could this have been prevented? Why or why not?
7. What complications occurred after the surgery?
8. How did the Burpos realize something unusual has happened to their son?
9. How was life difficult after the surgery?
10. What was significant about Colton's response that he was in heaven for three minutes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton claims he sees the power of the Holy Spirit.
Part 1) What is the Holy Spirit? How does Colton describe the Holy Spirit? What is its role while Colton is in heaven? How does this compare to your previous understanding of the Holy Spirit?
Part 2) When does Colton see the power of the Holy Spirit? How is this significant? What does this say about Colton, post-trip to heaven?
Part 3) Do you believe that Colton actually saw the power of the Holy Spirit? Why or why not? In what other ways can one see God's power, or the power of nature?
Essay Topic 2
Colton grows sick again.
Part 1) Why has Colton become sick again after the surgery? What do his family and doctor decide to do? How does this lead to more complications? How does this affect the mood of the book?
Part 2) How do others react to Colton's second bout of illness? What connection might this have to his getting better? How is his quick healing so surprising? What do you believe might be the explanation for his getting better so quickly?
Part 3) Do you believe that there is more to healing than the use of medicine? How much of one's ability to heal is due to one's body's abilities? How much is due to one's mental state? How much is due to prayer to various gods? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Todd rages at God.
Part 1) When does Todd rage at God? Why does he rage at God? To what does this raging lead? What does this reveal about Todd and about God?
Part 2) How does Sonja act as Todd is raging at God? What does this reveal about her? Who is the stronger of the two, Sonja or Todd? Why?
Part 3) How might you have reacted if you were in their position? Why do you believe you would have acted like this?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)