|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Usually he saw it where?
2. Colton also said that Jesus had a __________ horse.
3. Who is the Burpo family traveling to visit at the beginning of the book?
4. Colton was obsessed with _________________ and often pretended to be one.
5. Todd knew that this was a time for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was significant about Colton's response that he was in heaven for three minutes?
2. What surprising information was learned at Arby's? Why was this surprising?
3. What made taking a CT scan challenging? What wa the technician's suggestion? Was this good? Why or why not?
4. What challenges occurred prior to the ordering of a CT scan?
5. What was significant about the donations that came in?
6. How did Colton react after surgery? Why?
7. Why did Todd rage at God? Should he have done this? Why or why not?
8. How did the Burpos realize something unusual has happened to their son?
9. Colton said he did homework in heaven. What kind of homework might this have been? Why?
10. How was the burst appendix a dire situation? Could this have been prevented? Why or why not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Four months after the surgery, the family realizes something is unusual about Colton.
Part 1) What do they realize is unusual about him? How do they discover this? Why had they not noticed before?
Part 2) What might have been possible, logical explanations for his experiences? Is it possible that all of this took place in Colton's mind? Why or why not?
Part 3) What might be the reason for Colton's experience, when others have either died on the operating table momentarily and lived, yet did not experience anything remotely similar to what Colton experienced?
Essay Topic 2
The trip in March was to be celebratory.
Part 1) Why was the trip supposed to be celebratory? What had happened to the Burpo family prior to this trip? How had their faith and strength been tested? What did these previous challenges reveal about the Burpo family?
Part 2) How did the trip change? Why did it change? How did the various family members react to these changes? What do these reactions reveal about them?
Part 3) How, in the end, did this trip in March lead to celebration? When have you suffered and later realized it had led you to positive changes in your life and/or in the lives of others?
Essay Topic 3
Colton chooses to not hold Rosie the Spider but later changes his mind.
Part 1) How does Colton get the chance to hold Rosie the Spider? Why does he, at first, choose not to hold her? What does this reveal about him? Why does he later change his mind and decide to hold her? What does this also reveal about him?
Part 2) What is the purpose of this story about Rosie? Is it simply to tell the events leading up to Colton's appendicitis and visions of heaven, or does it serve some other purpose?
Part 3) When have you looked past your fears and acted brave? What led to this bravery? How were you changed by this bravery?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)