|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did they call ahead?
2. Colton said they had yellow from here to here, motioning from his _____________ to his right hip.
3. It was easy to blame who for not recognizing how severe the problem had been?
4. What did Norma bring Colton?
5. In November, what did Todd discover he had?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Colton's response regarding paying the doctor significant?
2. What sign did the technician give that made the Burpos believe something was seriously wrong with Colton?
3. How did Colton react after surgery? Why?
4. Why did Todd rage at God? Should he have done this? Why or why not?
5. What was significant about Colton's response that he was in heaven for three minutes?
6. What did the Burpos refuse to stop paying? Why do they do this?
7. How was Todd's mastectomy a miracle? Do you agree that this is a miracle? Why or why not?
8. Colton said he did homework in heaven. What kind of homework might this have been? Why?
9. How did the Burpos realize something unusual has happened to their son?
10. What was significant about the donations that came in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton panics at a funeral.
Part 1) Describe Colton's behavior at a funeral after his trip to heaven. Why might he act this way? What does this say about God and heaven?
Part 2) How might this part of the book affect a non-believer? Why? How does it affect your beliefs about heaven and who goes to heaven?
Part 3) What other details of Colton's story tell what one must do to get to heaven? What does this say about those of other faiths? Do you agree with this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Colton's stories match up with Biblical texts.
Part 1) Describe the details that Colton gives that support Biblical texts. How is this information important?
Part 2) In what other ways might Colton have known about Biblical history, prior to his trip to heaven? Could this knowledge have played a role in his vision of heaven? Why or why not?
Part 3) If the Bible is an accurate description of God and what He asks of us, how must the world change to suit His desires? How must you change? Why? How do you feel about this? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
Colton knows about his father first deciding to be a pastor.
Part 1) When did Todd decide to be a pastor? What led him to this decision? How is it surprising that Colton knew about this decision and how he came to make it?
Part 2) How does this knowledge of Todd's decision to become a pastor help support the possibility that Colton went to heaven? What other proof is there in this book to support this astounding trip?
Part 3) In what ways could someone show this proof of a trip to heaven to be invalid? How can Colton's stories of heaven be proven to be nothing more than a little boy's imagination?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)