Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Todd find Sonja?
2. On that Fourth of July weekend trip, the now four-year-old boy not only told them that _____________________ while they were operating.
3. Todd went to a conference of ____________ and felt the need to confess.
4. What was Colton doing?
5. It was easy to blame who for not recognizing how severe the problem had been?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information did Colton give about his sister who his mother had miscarried? How do his parents react? Why?
2. What was one common word used by both Colton and Akiane to describe Jesus? Why?
3. What challenges occurred prior to the ordering of a CT scan?
4. How is the story about Rosie the Spider significant?
5. What complications occurred after the surgery?
6. What are the diagnoses given for Colton's illness? How could these pose a problem?
7. What made taking a CT scan challenging? What wa the technician's suggestion? Was this good? Why or why not?
8. How was Todd's mastectomy a miracle? Do you agree that this is a miracle? Why or why not?
9. How did the Burpos realize something unusual has happened to their son?
10. What is the "What does Jesus look like?" game? Why do they play it?
Before being diagnosed with appendicitis, Colton is misdiagnosed.
Part 1) How is Colton's appendicitis first diagnosed? How is it misdiagnosed again? What leads to the wrong diagnoses? How do they affect Colton and his family? How different would this story be if Colton's appendicitis had been diagnosed correctly the first time?
Part 2) If given the chance, would the Burpo family go back and change the events of this story so that Colton was diagnosed correctly the first time? Why or why not?
Part 3) When you have suffered from set-backs, illness, or challenges that led to positive outcomes, would you have to change the past so those challenges never occurred? Why or why not?
Colton becomes fearless.
Part 1) Support this statement with proof from the book. Why is Colton fearless? Is this good? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does Colton's fearlessness affect his family? Are they as fearless as he is? Why or why not? Does he continue to be as fearless as he grows older? Why or why not?
Part 3) How can you learn from Colton's fearlessness? How might less fear in your life influence the decisions you make and the actions you take?
The trip in March was to be celebratory.
Part 1) Why was the trip supposed to be celebratory? What had happened to the Burpo family prior to this trip? How had their faith and strength been tested? What did these previous challenges reveal about the Burpo family?
Part 2) How did the trip change? Why did it change? How did the various family members react to these changes? What do these reactions reveal about them?
Part 3) How, in the end, did this trip in March lead to celebration? When have you suffered and later realized it had led you to positive changes in your life and/or in the lives of others?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)