|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Todd broken his leg?
2. What did the family agree to pay _________ as a matter of priority no matter what.
3. A CT scan showed what?
4. A nurse came in and called for Colton's parents. She said that he wouldn't do what?
5. When talking about a funeral, why did Colton become quite distraught?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprising information was learned at Arby's? Why was this surprising?
2. How was Colton's recovery miraculous? Do you believe the prayers helped? Why or why not?
3. How did Colton react at the funerals? Why?
4. What complications occurred after the surgery?
5. How did a broken leg severely affect the family's finances?
6. How was Colton's response regarding paying the doctor significant?
7. What had happened on the last Burpo family vacation in March? How was this affecting their preparations for their current trip?
8. Who was stronger in this situation, Todd or Sonja? Why?
9. How is the story about Rosie the Spider significant?
10. Why did Todd rage at God? Should he have done this? Why or why not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton claims he sees the power of the Holy Spirit.
Part 1) What is the Holy Spirit? How does Colton describe the Holy Spirit? What is its role while Colton is in heaven? How does this compare to your previous understanding of the Holy Spirit?
Part 2) When does Colton see the power of the Holy Spirit? How is this significant? What does this say about Colton, post-trip to heaven?
Part 3) Do you believe that Colton actually saw the power of the Holy Spirit? Why or why not? In what other ways can one see God's power, or the power of nature?
Essay Topic 2
Four months after the surgery, the family realizes something is unusual about Colton.
Part 1) What do they realize is unusual about him? How do they discover this? Why had they not noticed before?
Part 2) What might have been possible, logical explanations for his experiences? Is it possible that all of this took place in Colton's mind? Why or why not?
Part 3) What might be the reason for Colton's experience, when others have either died on the operating table momentarily and lived, yet did not experience anything remotely similar to what Colton experienced?
Essay Topic 3
Colton panics at a funeral.
Part 1) Describe Colton's behavior at a funeral after his trip to heaven. Why might he act this way? What does this say about God and heaven?
Part 2) How might this part of the book affect a non-believer? Why? How does it affect your beliefs about heaven and who goes to heaven?
Part 3) What other details of Colton's story tell what one must do to get to heaven? What does this say about those of other faiths? Do you agree with this? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)