|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Colton absolutely refused to do what?
2. Who showed up to support the Burpos?
3. How had Todd broken his leg?
4. How did Colton react to the surprise brought by Norma?
5. Colton also said that Jesus had a __________ horse.
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Todd's mastectomy a miracle? Do you agree that this is a miracle? Why or why not?
2. What are the diagnoses given for Colton's illness? How could these pose a problem?
3. How are the markers on Jesus' hands and feet significant?
4. What did Todd confess? Why was this not a full confession?
5. What is the significance of Colton's reaction to his favorite action figure?
6. How did a broken leg severely affect the family's finances?
7. What did the Burpos refuse to stop paying? Why do they do this?
8. Why did Colton yell for his father? How is this important?
9. What made taking a CT scan challenging? What wa the technician's suggestion? Was this good? Why or why not?
10. What challenges occurred prior to the ordering of a CT scan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton becomes fearless.
Part 1) Support this statement with proof from the book. Why is Colton fearless? Is this good? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does Colton's fearlessness affect his family? Are they as fearless as he is? Why or why not? Does he continue to be as fearless as he grows older? Why or why not?
Part 3) How can you learn from Colton's fearlessness? How might less fear in your life influence the decisions you make and the actions you take?
Essay Topic 2
Colton knows about his mother's miscarriage.
Part 1) Describe this miscarriage and Colton's knowledge of it. Why might Colton have met his sister in heaven? What other events took place in heaven? Why did they take place?
Part 2) How was the Burpo family changed by these stories? Why were they changed? Why were others changed by these stories? Why?
Part 3) Have you been changed by these stories? If so, how? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
Colton grows sick again.
Part 1) Why has Colton become sick again after the surgery? What do his family and doctor decide to do? How does this lead to more complications? How does this affect the mood of the book?
Part 2) How do others react to Colton's second bout of illness? What connection might this have to his getting better? How is his quick healing so surprising? What do you believe might be the explanation for his getting better so quickly?
Part 3) Do you believe that there is more to healing than the use of medicine? How much of one's ability to heal is due to one's body's abilities? How much is due to one's mental state? How much is due to prayer to various gods? Explain your answers.
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)