Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Todd find Sonja?
2. On that Fourth of July weekend trip, the now four-year-old boy not only told them that _____________________ while they were operating.
3. Todd went to a conference of ____________ and felt the need to confess.
4. What was Colton doing?
5. It was easy to blame who for not recognizing how severe the problem had been?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information did Colton give about his sister who his mother had miscarried? How do his parents react? Why?
2. What was one common word used by both Colton and Akiane to describe Jesus? Why?
3. What challenges occurred prior to the ordering of a CT scan?
4. How is the story about Rosie the Spider significant?
5. What complications occurred after the surgery?
6. What are the diagnoses given for Colton's illness? How could these pose a problem?
7. What made taking a CT scan challenging? What wa the technician's suggestion? Was this good? Why or why not?
8. How was Todd's mastectomy a miracle? Do you agree that this is a miracle? Why or why not?
9. How did the Burpos realize something unusual has happened to their son?
10. What is the "What does Jesus look like?" game? Why do they play it?
Essay Topic 1
Colton meets Pop in heaven.
Part 1) Who is Pop? How is this significant? Why might Colton meet Pop in heaven? What purpose might this serve?
Part 2) What is significant about the way Pop looks in heaven? What might this signify about heaven, or at least Colton's heaven? How does this tie in with the people with whom Jesus felt a close connection?
Part 3) Describe Colton's sister's appearance in heaven. Why might she look this way? Why would all people in heaven be in the same age range? What might be the purpose of this?
Essay Topic 2
Heaven is filled with children.
Part 1) Describe this child-filled heaven. Why might heaven be filled with children? How does the author prove that Colton's story about heaven is true? What information does he provide to back this claim that heaven is filled with children?
Part 2) How does this new information about heaven affect the Burpo family? How does their view of children change? How might this book change others views of children?
Part 3) What do you see as the importance of children? What role do they play in society? How can adults learn from them?
Essay Topic 3
Before being diagnosed with appendicitis, Colton is misdiagnosed.
Part 1) How is Colton's appendicitis first diagnosed? How is it misdiagnosed again? What leads to the wrong diagnoses? How do they affect Colton and his family? How different would this story be if Colton's appendicitis had been diagnosed correctly the first time?
Part 2) If given the chance, would the Burpo family go back and change the events of this story so that Colton was diagnosed correctly the first time? Why or why not?
Part 3) When you have suffered from set-backs, illness, or challenges that led to positive outcomes, would you have to change the past so those challenges never occurred? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)