Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Todd find Sonja?
2. On that Fourth of July weekend trip, the now four-year-old boy not only told them that _____________________ while they were operating.
3. Todd went to a conference of ____________ and felt the need to confess.
4. What was Colton doing?
5. It was easy to blame who for not recognizing how severe the problem had been?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information did Colton give about his sister who his mother had miscarried? How do his parents react? Why?
2. What was one common word used by both Colton and Akiane to describe Jesus? Why?
3. What challenges occurred prior to the ordering of a CT scan?
4. How is the story about Rosie the Spider significant?
5. What complications occurred after the surgery?
6. What are the diagnoses given for Colton's illness? How could these pose a problem?
7. What made taking a CT scan challenging? What wa the technician's suggestion? Was this good? Why or why not?
8. How was Todd's mastectomy a miracle? Do you agree that this is a miracle? Why or why not?
9. How did the Burpos realize something unusual has happened to their son?
10. What is the "What does Jesus look like?" game? Why do they play it?
Essay Topic 1
Colton's stories match up with Biblical texts.
Part 1) Describe the details that Colton gives that support Biblical texts. How is this information important?
Part 2) In what other ways might Colton have known about Biblical history, prior to his trip to heaven? Could this knowledge have played a role in his vision of heaven? Why or why not?
Part 3) If the Bible is an accurate description of God and what He asks of us, how must the world change to suit His desires? How must you change? Why? How do you feel about this? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
Todd sees the shadow of death in Colton's room.
Part 1) What is the shadow of death? Why does Todd see it? How is this significant? What does this foreshadow?
Part 2) How does this vision of the shadow of death make Colton's story even more amazing?
Part 3) What other details of this story make Colton's trip to heaven and back more shocking, yet believable?
Essay Topic 3
Colton chooses to not hold Rosie the Spider but later changes his mind.
Part 1) How does Colton get the chance to hold Rosie the Spider? Why does he, at first, choose not to hold her? What does this reveal about him? Why does he later change his mind and decide to hold her? What does this also reveal about him?
Part 2) What is the purpose of this story about Rosie? Is it simply to tell the events leading up to Colton's appendicitis and visions of heaven, or does it serve some other purpose?
Part 3) When have you looked past your fears and acted brave? What led to this bravery? How were you changed by this bravery?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)