|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Todd find Sonja?
2. How long did Colton's procedure last?
3. When they took Colton back to the doctor, about what was the doctor concerned?
4. Colton said that Jesus was the only one in heaven with what?
5. _____________ before they went to the Butterfly Pavilion, Colton had a stomachache.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was stronger in this situation, Todd or Sonja? Why?
2. How did Colton react at the funerals? Why?
3. Colton said he did homework in heaven. What kind of homework might this have been? Why?
4. What is the significance of Colton's reaction to his favorite action figure?
5. How did the Burpos realize something unusual has happened to their son?
6. How was the burst appendix a dire situation? Could this have been prevented? Why or why not?
7. What challenges occurred prior to the ordering of a CT scan?
8. What had happened on the last Burpo family vacation in March? How was this affecting their preparations for their current trip?
9. Why did Todd rage at God? Should he have done this? Why or why not?
10. How was Colton's response regarding paying the doctor significant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Four months after the surgery, the family realizes something is unusual about Colton.
Part 1) What do they realize is unusual about him? How do they discover this? Why had they not noticed before?
Part 2) What might have been possible, logical explanations for his experiences? Is it possible that all of this took place in Colton's mind? Why or why not?
Part 3) What might be the reason for Colton's experience, when others have either died on the operating table momentarily and lived, yet did not experience anything remotely similar to what Colton experienced?
Essay Topic 2
Colton claims he sees the power of the Holy Spirit.
Part 1) What is the Holy Spirit? How does Colton describe the Holy Spirit? What is its role while Colton is in heaven? How does this compare to your previous understanding of the Holy Spirit?
Part 2) When does Colton see the power of the Holy Spirit? How is this significant? What does this say about Colton, post-trip to heaven?
Part 3) Do you believe that Colton actually saw the power of the Holy Spirit? Why or why not? In what other ways can one see God's power, or the power of nature?
Essay Topic 3
On January 28, 2007, the family goes public with their story.
Part 1) Why does the family choose to go public with this story? Why does it take them so long to choose to go public? How might the publicizing of this story affect the family?
Part 2) What might the family be like now, several years after the book was published? What might they have to say about Colton's story and this book? Use the book to support your response.
Part 3) How can being in the public eye be both good and bad? What should one do to stay healthy and happy when constantly being in the public eye?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)