|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The boy said there were lots of _____________ in heaven.
2. Once when Colton was playing with a friend, he got in trouble for treating his friend poorly. When Todd reprimanded him, Colton told Todd what?
3. When talking about a funeral, why did Colton become quite distraught?
4. Colton was obsessed with _________________ and often pretended to be one.
5. __________ days after the second surgery, Colton was in serious pain because he couldn't have a bowel movement.
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Colton's response regarding paying the doctor significant?
2. How was Todd's mastectomy a miracle? Do you agree that this is a miracle? Why or why not?
3. What might Todd mean by the shadow of death?
4. How did the Burpos realize something unusual has happened to their son?
5. What challenges occurred prior to the ordering of a CT scan?
6. How was Colton's recovery miraculous? Do you believe the prayers helped? Why or why not?
7. What made taking a CT scan challenging? What wa the technician's suggestion? Was this good? Why or why not?
8. How was the burst appendix a dire situation? Could this have been prevented? Why or why not?
9. What had happened on the last Burpo family vacation in March? How was this affecting their preparations for their current trip?
10. How was this trip to Greeley supposed to be celebratory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Colton panics at a funeral.
Part 1) Describe Colton's behavior at a funeral after his trip to heaven. Why might he act this way? What does this say about God and heaven?
Part 2) How might this part of the book affect a non-believer? Why? How does it affect your beliefs about heaven and who goes to heaven?
Part 3) What other details of Colton's story tell what one must do to get to heaven? What does this say about those of other faiths? Do you agree with this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The trip in March was to be celebratory.
Part 1) Why was the trip supposed to be celebratory? What had happened to the Burpo family prior to this trip? How had their faith and strength been tested? What did these previous challenges reveal about the Burpo family?
Part 2) How did the trip change? Why did it change? How did the various family members react to these changes? What do these reactions reveal about them?
Part 3) How, in the end, did this trip in March lead to celebration? When have you suffered and later realized it had led you to positive changes in your life and/or in the lives of others?
Essay Topic 3
Colton's demeanor changes greatly with the mention of Satan.
Part 1) Who is Satan? How does the topic of Satan come up? How does Colton react to questions regarding Satan? Why might he react this way?
Part 2) Colton not only learned about the past, but about the future while he was in heaven. What did he learn about the future? Why might he still react this way to the mention of Satan?
Part 3) How is Satan, or evil, seen in our world today? How might Colton view this evil? What advice might he give? Why? Use the book to support your response.
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)