|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Todd knew that this was a time for what?
2. What color did Jesus wear?
3. Todd went to a conference of ____________ and felt the need to confess.
4. After Colton was home from the hospital, the family was able to do what?
5. As a pastor, he has seen it numerous times before as he stayed with families who were with a relative who was what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Pop became a Christian right before he died. According to Colton's reactions up to this point, do you believe Pop would have been in heaven if he had not become a Christian? Why or why not?
2. Why might angels use swords? Is this necessary? Why or why not?
3. What was significant about the donations that came in?
4. What challenges occurred prior to the ordering of a CT scan?
5. How was this trip to Greeley supposed to be celebratory?
6. How had Colton's experience in heaven made him more of a risk-taker? Is this good or bad? Why?
7. What was significant about Colton's response that he was in heaven for three minutes?
8. What are the diagnoses given for Colton's illness? How could these pose a problem?
9. How had heaven become a normal part of Colton's life?
10. What might Todd mean by the shadow of death?
Essay Topic 1
Colton claims he sees the power of the Holy Spirit.
Part 1) What is the Holy Spirit? How does Colton describe the Holy Spirit? What is its role while Colton is in heaven? How does this compare to your previous understanding of the Holy Spirit?
Part 2) When does Colton see the power of the Holy Spirit? How is this significant? What does this say about Colton, post-trip to heaven?
Part 3) Do you believe that Colton actually saw the power of the Holy Spirit? Why or why not? In what other ways can one see God's power, or the power of nature?
Essay Topic 2
Todd gives an incomplete confession.
Part 1) What does Todd Confess? Why does he make this confession? How is it an incomplete confession? Why does he leave this information out? What does this say about him?
Part 2) When does Todd finally confess fully what happened to his son and to his family? Why does he finally make this confession? How do others react to it? How does this affect the Burpo family?
Part 3) How does Todd's reluctance to confess reveal his doubt? How is he like Doubting Thomas? How do you compare to Doubting Thomas and Todd? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Colton knows about his father first deciding to be a pastor.
Part 1) When did Todd decide to be a pastor? What led him to this decision? How is it surprising that Colton knew about this decision and how he came to make it?
Part 2) How does this knowledge of Todd's decision to become a pastor help support the possibility that Colton went to heaven? What other proof is there in this book to support this astounding trip?
Part 3) In what ways could someone show this proof of a trip to heaven to be invalid? How can Colton's stories of heaven be proven to be nothing more than a little boy's imagination?
This section contains 2,722 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)