|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Todd feel towards God at this point?
(a) Extremely disappointed.
(b) Extremely angry.
(c) Extremely happy.
(d) Extremely sad.
2. How long did Colton's procedure last?
(a) 60 minutes.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 90 minutes.
3. The parents left their son how?
(b) Crying quietly.
(c) Silent and sedated.
(d) Screaming for them not to leave.
4. Who is the Burpo family traveling to visit at the beginning of the book?
(a) Their nephew, Bennett.
(b) Their uncle, Brian.
(c) Their grandma, Rachel.
(d) Their cousin, Sarah.
5. ___________ months after the surgery, Colton's parents started realizing something was unusual.
Short Answer Questions
1. They checked out the __________________ at the Butterfly Pavilion.
2. When the doctor came in, what did he order?
3. What did the family agree to pay _________ as a matter of priority no matter what.
4. Who was white from shoulder to toe?
5. The boy said there were lots of _____________ in heaven.
Short Essay Questions
1. What might Todd mean by the shadow of death?
2. What had happened on the last Burpo family vacation in March? How was this affecting their preparations for their current trip?
3. Why did Colton yell for his father? How is this important?
4. How was this trip to Greeley supposed to be celebratory?
5. How was Colton's recovery miraculous? Do you believe the prayers helped? Why or why not?
6. What was significant about Colton's response that he was in heaven for three minutes?
7. Who was stronger in this situation, Todd or Sonja? Why?
8. What complications occurred after the surgery?
9. What did the Burpos refuse to stop paying? Why do they do this?
10. How is the story about Rosie the Spider significant?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)