|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Colton was home from the hospital, the family was able to do what?
(a) Pay back bills.
(b) Go on their vacation.
(c) Visit friends.
(d) Rest for a while.
2. Who is the Burpo family traveling to visit at the beginning of the book?
(a) Their grandma, Rachel.
(b) Their uncle, Brian.
(c) Their cousin, Sarah.
(d) Their nephew, Bennett.
3. A CT scan showed what?
(a) There are five new masses.
(c) There is more infection in the abdomen.
(d) He has a broken bone.
4. When they arrived, they discovered what?
(a) The doctor is out for the day.
(b) The doctor has gone out for lunch.
(c) The do not have a children's wing.
(d) There are no free beds.
5. Todd reflected on the fact that Colton meant everything to his wife. Why did he mean everything?
(a) She considered him a healing gift after they had lost another baby.
(b) He helped her get out of her depression.
(c) He was their first boy.
(d) He was the youngest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Todd was bothered that he had done what?
2. When the doctor came in, what did he order?
3. Colton wasn't quite brave enough to hold who, but Cassie was?
4. How did Colton react to the surprise brought by Norma?
5. The doctors wanted to move him to a children's hospital, but they couldn't get there due to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Burpos realize something unusual has happened to their son?
2. What is the significance of Colton's reaction to his favorite action figure?
3. Why did Colton yell for his father? How is this important?
4. Why did Todd rage at God? Should he have done this? Why or why not?
5. What might Todd mean by the shadow of death?
6. What had happened on the last Burpo family vacation in March? How was this affecting their preparations for their current trip?
7. How did Colton react at the funerals? Why?
8. How is the story about Rosie the Spider significant?
9. How was this trip to Greeley supposed to be celebratory?
10. Who was stronger in this situation, Todd or Sonja? Why?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)