|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Todd find Sonja?
(a) Sitting by Colton's bedside.
(b) Raging at God.
(c) In the waiting room, calling family and friends on her cell phone.
(d) Crying in the waiting room.
2. On that Fourth of July weekend trip, the now four-year-old boy not only told them that _____________________ while they were operating.
(a) He had been out of his body.
(b) He had dreamed.
(c) He had fallen asleep.
(d) He had seen visions.
3. Todd went to a conference of ____________ and felt the need to confess.
(c) Christian men.
4. What was Colton doing?
(c) Staring off into space.
(d) Screaming for his father.
5. It was easy to blame who for not recognizing how severe the problem had been?
(a) The doctors.
(c) Their friends.
(d) The nurses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Burpo family traveling to visit at the beginning of the book?
2. A nurse came in and called for Colton's parents. She said that he wouldn't do what?
3. When the doctor came in, what did he order?
4. Preparing for the trip was nerve-wracking as the desire to remain safe at home warred with the desire to do what?
5. After an hour of trying to persuade the child, what did the technician suggest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information did Colton give about his sister who his mother had miscarried? How do his parents react? Why?
2. What was one common word used by both Colton and Akiane to describe Jesus? Why?
3. What challenges occurred prior to the ordering of a CT scan?
4. How is the story about Rosie the Spider significant?
5. What complications occurred after the surgery?
6. What are the diagnoses given for Colton's illness? How could these pose a problem?
7. What made taking a CT scan challenging? What wa the technician's suggestion? Was this good? Why or why not?
8. How was Todd's mastectomy a miracle? Do you agree that this is a miracle? Why or why not?
9. How did the Burpos realize something unusual has happened to their son?
10. What is the "What does Jesus look like?" game? Why do they play it?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)