|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the next morning, Cassie was getting better. How did Colton feel?
(a) He is feeling better.
(b) He is perfectly fine.
(c) He is still vomiting.
(d) He is dizzy.
2. Preparing for the trip was nerve-wracking as the desire to remain safe at home warred with the desire to do what?
(a) See the precious new baby.
(b) See their favorite cousin.
(c) See their closest uncle.
(d) See their elderly grandma.
3. In the hospital room, Colton told Todd that what happened?
(a) He fell asleep.
(b) He wanted his action figure.
(c) He did not feel well.
(d) He almost died.
4. A CT scan showed what?
(b) There is more infection in the abdomen.
(c) There are five new masses.
(d) He has a broken bone.
5. The doctors wanted to move him to a children's hospital, but they couldn't get there due to what?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) A power outage at the Children's Hospital.
(c) A freak spring snowstorm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Burpo family traveling to visit at the beginning of the book?
2. Colton absolutely refused to do what?
3. Colton said they had yellow from here to here, motioning from his _____________ to his right hip.
4. What was Colton doing?
5. In November, what did Todd discover he had?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Colton's recovery miraculous? Do you believe the prayers helped? Why or why not?
2. Who was stronger in this situation, Todd or Sonja? Why?
3. Why did Colton yell for his father? How is this important?
4. How was life difficult after the surgery?
5. How was the burst appendix a dire situation? Could this have been prevented? Why or why not?
6. What might Todd mean by the shadow of death?
7. What did Todd confess? Why was this not a full confession?
8. What challenges occurred prior to the ordering of a CT scan?
9. What made taking a CT scan challenging? What wa the technician's suggestion? Was this good? Why or why not?
10. How did Colton react at the funerals? Why?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)