|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a pastor, he has seen it numerous times before as he stayed with families who were with a relative who was what?
(b) Not a Christian.
(c) About to pass away.
(d) Had cancer.
2. Who was white from shoulder to toe?
(a) The children.
(c) The angels.
3. What suggestion did Norma make?
(a) They should take Colton to a cancer research center.
(b) They should take Colton to Children's Hospital in Denver.
(c) They should take Colton to a homeopath.
(d) They should go home and pray.
4. By the second afternoon of Colton's hospital stay, Todd walked into his son's room and saw what?
(b) A ghost.
(d) The shadow of death.
5. When they took Colton back to the doctor, about what was the doctor concerned?
(a) His bone density.
(b) His shallow breathing.
(c) His fever.
(d) Three dark masses in his torso.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Todd tell them the complete story?
2. What did Colton know about his parents, while he was in surgery?
3. Colton told them about the angels singing to him. Why did they sing to him?
4. Who is the Burpo family traveling to visit at the beginning of the book?
5. The parents hold on to what hope?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Colton react after surgery? Why?
2. How did Colton react at the funerals? Why?
3. What did the Burpos refuse to stop paying? Why do they do this?
4. What is the significance of Colton's reaction to his favorite action figure?
5. How did a broken leg severely affect the family's finances?
6. How was life difficult after the surgery?
7. Why did the flu or food poisoning seem to be likely causes for Colton's illness?
8. What sign did the technician give that made the Burpos believe something was seriously wrong with Colton?
9. What are the diagnoses given for Colton's illness? How could these pose a problem?
10. What was significant about Colton's response that he was in heaven for three minutes?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)