|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Colton say God adopted?
(c) His cousins.
(d) His sister.
2. They were _______ when talking about God.
(a) More timid.
(b) More fearful.
3. Todd wrote that the family learned the value of what?
(a) Being vulnerable.
(b) Being afraid.
(c) Being happy.
(d) Being positive.
4. Todd remembered when he was ________________ years old and felt almost a whisper telling him to become a pastor.
5. Akiane had painted a portrait of whom?
6. As Chapter 23 opened, the family was celebrating what?
(a) Colton's birthday.
(b) The birth of Colby Lawrence Burpo.
(c) The two-year anniversary of Todd mastectomy.
(d) The Kathy's birthday.
7. Cassie was heading off to her high school, Colby was about to enter kindergarten, and Colton was about to enter ______________ grade.
8. The boy said that he saw who fighting too?
(a) His father.
(c) His mother.
9. Todd called Colton over and showed him the artwork, offering the standard line, "What's wrong with this one?" How did the boy react?
(a) He shouts with joy.
(b) He cries.
(c) He is, at first, silent.
(d) He smiles.
10. Todd's mother was always concerned about Pop for what reason?
(a) He was always sick.
(b) He may not have made it to heaven.
(c) He was often in a bad mood.
(d) He was unkind to others.
11. Pop was a well-loved ___________ who only attended church occasionally.
12. After his death, Todd received Pop's rifle, his bowling ball, and what else?
(a) His hunting dog.
(b) His Bible.
(c) His desk.
(d) His pipe.
13. What did Colton do when he went with his father to the room of his father's dying friend?
(a) Colton asks him if he has Jesus in his heart.
(b) Colton cries.
(c) Colton goes up to him, holds his hand, and tells him that he doesn't have to worry because the first person he is going to see when he died is Jesus.
(d) Colton tells him to be brave.
14. In the spring of 2004, the family was celebrating what?
(a) Sonja's birthday.
(b) The fact that Colton was still alive. It has been one year since his surgery.
(c) Todd's anniversary of becoming a pastor.
(d) Colton's birthday.
15. Pop had died in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did they respond to Colton's response to their comments about Satan?
2. The Holy Spirit was kind of __________.
3. Who sat on the other side of God?
4. The girl had hugged Colton and told him that she couldn't wait for what?
5. Todd told him a Bible story about _______________ and began to wonder about God's throne.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)