|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What suggestion did Norma make?
(a) They should take Colton to a cancer research center.
(b) They should go home and pray.
(c) They should take Colton to Children's Hospital in Denver.
(d) They should take Colton to a homeopath.
2. Todd thought about the way the Bible mentioned that time is _________ in heaven.
(d) The same as on earth.
3. Who is the Burpo family traveling to visit at the beginning of the book?
(a) Their grandma, Rachel.
(b) Their cousin, Sarah.
(c) Their uncle, Brian.
(d) Their nephew, Bennett.
4. How long did Colton's procedure last?
(a) 90 minutes.
(b) 60 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 4 hours.
5. In November, what did Todd discover he had?
(a) Multiple Sclerosis.
(c) Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
(d) Breast cancer.
6. What did Colton need immediately?
(a) Emergency surgery.
7. Sonja left work early and took Colton to the doctor, where he wa diagnosed with what?
(a) Stomach flu.
8. A nurse came in and called for Colton's parents. She said that he wouldn't do what?
(c) Open his eyes.
(d) Calm down.
9. In March of 2003, the family was planning a celebratory trip to _____________, Colorado.
10. According to the operative reports, how did the surgery go?
(a) It did not go well.
(b) There were many complications.
(c) It went well.
(d) Colton died on the table.
11. By the next morning, Cassie was getting better. How did Colton feel?
(a) He is feeling better.
(b) He is still vomiting.
(c) He is perfectly fine.
(d) He is dizzy.
12. A radiologist told them that their son had what?
(c) A ruptured appendix.
(d) A ruptured spleen.
13. After Colton was home from the hospital, the family was able to do what?
(a) Go on their vacation.
(b) Visit friends.
(c) Rest for a while.
(d) Pay back bills.
14. Todd reflected on the fact that Colton meant everything to his wife. Why did he mean everything?
(a) She considered him a healing gift after they had lost another baby.
(b) He helped her get out of her depression.
(c) He was their first boy.
(d) He was the youngest.
15. After an hour of trying to persuade the child, what did the technician suggest?
(a) They should try the tests without it.
(b) They should force Colton to follow directions.
(c) They should go to Children's Hospital in Denver.
(d) They should not run the tests.
Short Answer Questions
1. The boy said there were lots of _____________ in heaven.
2. How did Todd feel towards God at this point?
3. Todd had to go to _________________, and they decided to turn it into a family trip to celebrate the fact that they had beaten cancer and two surgeries.
4. It was easy to blame who for not recognizing how severe the problem had been?
5. Back at the church, over ___________ people gathered together to pray for the family.
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)