|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On that Fourth of July weekend trip, the now four-year-old boy not only told them that _____________________ while they were operating.
(a) He had seen visions.
(b) He had dreamed.
(c) He had fallen asleep.
(d) He had been out of his body.
2. The parents hold on to what hope?
(a) That the doctor will have something to help them.
(b) That this image will go away.
(c) That Colton will feel better soon.
(d) That God will intervene.
3. In the hospital room, Colton told Todd that what happened?
(a) He fell asleep.
(b) He almost died.
(c) He wanted his action figure.
(d) He did not feel well.
4. In March of 2003, the family was planning a celebratory trip to _____________, Colorado.
5. What suggestion did Norma make?
(a) They should go home and pray.
(b) They should take Colton to a cancer research center.
(c) They should take Colton to Children's Hospital in Denver.
(d) They should take Colton to a homeopath.
6. Colton said that Jesus had markers, brown hair, and hair on his face (a beard). He also said Jesus' eyes were "__________."
(c) So pretty.
(d) Bright blue.
7. Why did they call ahead?
(a) To make sure the ER is prepped.
(b) To let the doctor know they are on their way.
(c) To make sure there is a room ready for Colton.
(d) To let the children's wing know he is coming.
8. On the day they were preparing to leave the hospital, the doctor stops them, telling them what?
(a) Colton is free to go home.
(b) Colton's masses have returned.
(c) Colton will have to be hospitalized for another month.
(d) Colton's white cell count has spiked.
9. What did Colton need immediately?
(c) Emergency surgery.
10. A radiologist told them that their son had what?
(a) A ruptured spleen.
(d) A ruptured appendix.
11. As his son was taken away, Todd felt as if he was going to lose it, and he had to do what?
(a) Sit and cry.
(c) Get away by himself.
(d) Be with his wife.
12. The surgeons performed another surgery, and the parents were concerned about what?
(a) The boy's brain.
(b) The boy's weight.
(c) The boy's white blood cell count.
(d) The boy's throat.
13. Colton also said that Jesus had a __________ horse.
14. __________ days after the second surgery, Colton was in serious pain because he couldn't have a bowel movement.
15. The parents left their son how?
(b) Silent and sedated.
(c) Crying quietly.
(d) Screaming for them not to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why could Todd not understand how Colton could have gone to heaven?
2. ___________ months after the surgery, Colton's parents started realizing something was unusual.
3. When talking about a funeral, why did Colton become quite distraught?
4. What did their new friend, Phil, suggest?
5. As a pastor, he has seen it numerous times before as he stayed with families who were with a relative who was what?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)