Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Todd find Sonja?
(a) Sitting by Colton's bedside.
(b) Raging at God.
(c) In the waiting room, calling family and friends on her cell phone.
(d) Crying in the waiting room.
2. On that Fourth of July weekend trip, the now four-year-old boy not only told them that _____________________ while they were operating.
(a) He had been out of his body.
(b) He had dreamed.
(c) He had fallen asleep.
(d) He had seen visions.
3. Todd went to a conference of ____________ and felt the need to confess.
(c) Christian men.
4. What was Colton doing?
(c) Staring off into space.
(d) Screaming for his father.
5. It was easy to blame who for not recognizing how severe the problem had been?
(a) The doctors.
(c) Their friends.
(d) The nurses.
6. Who is the Burpo family traveling to visit at the beginning of the book?
(a) Their grandma, Rachel.
(b) Their nephew, Bennett.
(c) Their uncle, Brian.
(d) Their cousin, Sarah.
7. A nurse came in and called for Colton's parents. She said that he wouldn't do what?
(c) Open his eyes.
(d) Calm down.
8. When the doctor came in, what did he order?
(a) A set of CT scans.
(b) A mammogram.
(c) A set of x-rays.
(d) A CAT scan.
9. Preparing for the trip was nerve-wracking as the desire to remain safe at home warred with the desire to do what?
(a) See their favorite cousin.
(b) See their closest uncle.
(c) See their elderly grandma.
(d) See the precious new baby.
10. After an hour of trying to persuade the child, what did the technician suggest?
(a) They should try the tests without it.
(b) They should go to Children's Hospital in Denver.
(c) They should force Colton to follow directions.
(d) They should not run the tests.
11. Who wore different colored sashes?
12. Where were the markers located?
(a) On the horse.
(b) In a box.
(c) On Jesus' palms and feet.
(d) On Jesus' head.
13. By the second afternoon of Colton's hospital stay, Todd walked into his son's room and saw what?
(b) The shadow of death.
(d) A ghost.
14. In the hospital room, Colton told Todd that what happened?
(a) He did not feel well.
(b) He wanted his action figure.
(c) He fell asleep.
(d) He almost died.
15. As they traveled through North Platte, they remembered how they spent a traumatic ______ days there, praying for Colton's survival.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Colton yelling for his father?
2. Todd knew that this was a time for what?
3. What did the family agree to pay _________ as a matter of priority no matter what.
4. Once when Colton was playing with a friend, he got in trouble for treating his friend poorly. When Todd reprimanded him, Colton told Todd what?
5. How did Todd feel about seeing this in his not yet four-year-old son's room?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)