|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pasta-Maker: Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was polenta made of before the 16th century?
(b) A variety of grains, including barley.
(c) From a grain called Amani that disappeared in the 18th century.
2. Who did Bill visit the town Batali studied in later on with?
(a) Ishmael Romm.
(b) Joe Mariachy.
(c) Joe Bastianich.
(d) Sophia Mentini.
3. Where did Batali move to learn to cook under a matron?
4. What did Bill discover about tortellini after coming back in the U.S.?
(a) That all recipes are identical.
(b) That not two recipes are alike.
(c) That the flour used is not the same.
(d) That water needs to be warm for most of them.
5. What did Batali become when he accepted his first kitchen?
(a) The highest paid chef of his age.
(b) The worst paid chef of his age.
(c) The youngest chef.
(d) The first American to have a kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bill discover can be a good addition to a sauce despite the fact that he never liked it before?
2. What newspaper put Mario Batali on the map according to Bill?
3. What was Andy's restaurant named?
4. What restaurant offered Batali his first kitchen?
5. Why was Bill pushed off the grill station?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)