Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true of the schedule that Olivia and Douglas keep in Section 24?
2. Who becomes Douglas's second wife?
3. How does Inder Lal react to Chid's reappearance in Section 28?
4. What does Dr. Saunders express after learning about Olivia's induced "miscarriage"?
5. Who does Olivia first tell about her pregnancy?
The amount of freedom and choice varies greatly among the characters in Heat and Dust. Compare and contrast how each set of characters below is trapped by, wastes or uses their given freedom in the story.
1) Douglas and the Nawab.
2) Olivia and the Narrator.
3) Chid and Ritu.
Consider each character listed below and their experience with the opposite sex in Heat and Dust. Using evidence from the novel, support the argument that the character's life has been or not been negatively impacted by that experience.
1) The Nawab.
2) The Narrator.
3) Inder Lal.
In Heat and Dust, the role of each character adds depth to the message of the novel. Choose 3 characters listed below. For each, examine how the role each one plays, or refuses to play, helps to advance the storyline.
1) The Narrator.
3) The Nawab.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)