|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Maji in the final section of the novel?
(a) She is having pain in her belly.
(b) Inder Lal is taking her on a trip.
(c) She wants to become a midwife.
(d) She is leaving Satipur.
2. Why, in Section 24, does Olivia cease to hurry home after her visits to the palace?
(a) Douglas believes she is visiting the library.
(b) Douglas goes to a men's club after work.
(c) Douglas goes to the pub after work.
(d) Douglas keeps longer hours at the office.
3. What is Chid's status in Section 30?
(a) He is admitted to the hopsital.
(b) He has been released from the hospital.
(c) He is comatose.
(d) He is dying.
4. What is noticeable about the beggar woman that the narrator notices and ends up helping?
(a) She is blind and wears a band over her eyes.
(b) She is crippled and sits on a low platform with wheels.
(c) She sings throughout the day to earn money from passersby.
(d) She never speaks; she holds out her hands when hungry.
5. What is true of the schedule that Olivia and Douglas keep in Section 24?
(a) Olivia gets up early to make breakfast for Douglas.
(b) Douglas goes to bed very early and insists that Olivia does the same.
(c) Douglas come to bed hours after Olivia.
(d) Olivia stays up late at night and sleeps late in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Olivia and Douglas go when they walk together in the evenings?
2. Where do Olivia and the Nawab first become lovers?
3. What do Harry and Olivia quarrel about in Section 22?
4. Who do Harry, the Nawab, and Olivia laugh at in Section 24?
5. What happens when Olivia goes to have an abortion?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)