|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maji offer the narrator in Section 33?
(a) A swimming outfit.
(b) A relaxing massage.
(c) An abortion inducing massage.
(d) Her hut.
2. What does Olivia seem to feel about determining the father of her child in Section 29?
(a) She hopes it is Douglas.
(b) She hopes it is the Nawab.
3. What is true of the weather in Section 23?
(a) There are blue skies and no signs of rain.
(b) Constant rains make the streets too muddy to walk in.
(c) The heat has subsided and monsoon season has begun.
(d) The heat remains stifling.
4. How does the narrator feel about her pregnancy when she visits Maji's hut?
(a) She is desperate to end it.
(b) She wants to share it with Inder Lal.
(c) She is uncertain about it.
(d) She ends up in a state of rapture.
5. What does the narrator do when she first wonders if the beggar woman she sees in Section 23 is dead?
(a) Decides it's not her problem and ignores her.
(b) Watches her for an hour.
(c) Immediately runs to her side.
(d) Tells the laundry woman about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the beggar woman who the narrator brings to the hospital living on the streets?
2. In Section 24, why does Douglas seem to believe that Olivia travels frequently to Khatm?
3. How do the midwives perform Olivia's abortion?
4. What does the narrator tell Maji in the final section of the novel?
5. What does Olivia request to occur after her death?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)