|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator learn is pregnant on July 31st?
(b) Inder Lal's niece.
2. What does Olivia ask Harry to do in Section 32?
(a) Buy her a poultice at the bazaar.
(b) Convince the Nawab that the child is his.
(c) Get her a ticket back to England.
(d) Ask the Begum about an abortion.
3. How often and when does the narrator see Chid in Section 31?
(a) Daily, when she visits him.
(b) Rarely, and only when she can get a ride with Maji.
(c) Daily, when he visits her.
(d) Only when she sneaks into the ward.
4. Where do Olivia and the Nawab first become lovers?
(a) In the palace garden.
(b) In the grove by Baba Firdau's shrine.
(c) In his private quarters at the palace.
(d) In Olivia and Douglas's room.
5. Why, in Section 24, does Olivia cease to hurry home after her visits to the palace?
(a) Douglas keeps longer hours at the office.
(b) Douglas believes she is visiting the library.
(c) Douglas goes to the pub after work.
(d) Douglas goes to a men's club after work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one benefit of the hotter weather in Section 25?
2. When is the first time that Olivia calls the Nawab by his name?
3. Harry once again accompanies the Nawab to pick up Olivia after having been absent due to his illness. What does Olivia notice about his behavior on his first reappearance?
4. What is true of Maji?
5. In Section 25, what do Inder Lal and the narrator do with the red strings?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)