|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator believe is the father of the pregnant person she learns about on July 31st?
(a) A sudhu.
(c) The mango seller from the bazaar.
(d) Inder Lal.
2. Where does Olivia go after her abortion?
(a) To her home.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To England.
(d) To the palace.
3. When does she tell Douglas that she is pregnant?
(a) On the same day she tells the Nawab.
(b) Just before he leaves for a month long trip.
(c) After they fight about routine household matters.
(d) As they are going to a dinner at the Nawab's.
4. What does Chid say is wrong with him when he is in the hospital ward?
(a) He is being tested by God.
(b) He caught a disease from a woman on the pilgrimage.
(c) He can't stand the smell of the ward.
(d) His unfulfilled spirit is dying.
5. In Section 25, what happens between Inder Lal and the narrator on their outing together?
(a) They make love.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) They argue about Ritu.
(d) She kisses him and he leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Olivia live after leaving Douglas?
2. What does the narrator tell Inder Lal about her pregnancy upon Chid's return?
3. Where does the narrator go on her way to the bazaar on August 31st?
4. What does Harry tell Olivia that the Nawab says about her baby?
5. What else do Olivia and the Nawab do together on the day they first make love?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)