|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Olivia spend her Sundays?
(a) Beth Crawford.
(d) The Nawab.
2. What is one benefit of the hotter weather in Section 25?
(a) The palace opens a pool to the public.
(b) The merchants at the bazaar are lazy and offer deals.
(c) The grove plants thrive.
(d) The mangoes are very sweet.
3. When does Olivia cease writing letters to Marcia?
(a) After she leaves Douglas.
(b) After she has a child.
(c) After the Nawab's death.
(d) After she remarries.
4. What does the narrator say that Douglas's only son becomes when he grows up?
(a) A military soldier.
(b) An antique dealer.
(c) A sadhu.
(d) A British ambassador.
5. How does Harry tell Olivia that the Nawab handles questions he does not wish to answer?
(a) He answers the question with a question.
(b) He laughs at the questioner and then the questions.
(c) He remains silent.
(d) He turns the question into an accusation of the questioner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 25, what do Inder Lal and the narrator do with the red strings?
2. Why does the narrator say she is anxious for the seasons to change at the end of the story?
3. What does Maji say about the narrator's plans in the last section of the story?
4. How do the people at the hospital ward react to the narrator after she empties the bed pan of the man in the bed next to Chid?
5. How does the narrator feel about her pregnancy when she visits Maji's hut?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)