|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator plan to go in Section 36?
(a) To an ashram in the mountains.
(b) To meet with a midwife in Satipur City.
(c) To Bombay.
(d) To visit Chid.
2. How are Satipur and Ktahm described in Section 34?
3. When does she tell Douglas that she is pregnant?
(a) As they are going to a dinner at the Nawab's.
(b) Just before he leaves for a month long trip.
(c) On the same day she tells the Nawab.
(d) After they fight about routine household matters.
4. How are Olivia's visits to the palace affected after she tells the Nawab that she is pregnant?
(a) She visits more often.
(b) She spends more time with the Begum.
(c) She visits less often.
(d) She stops going.
5. Where do Olivia and Douglas go when they walk together in the evenings?
(a) To the village center.
(b) To the church garden.
(c) To the graveyard.
(d) To the nearby shrine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one benefit of the hotter weather in Section 25?
2. How does the Nawab die?
3. What does the narrator do when she first wonders if the beggar woman she sees in Section 23 is dead?
4. What does Dr. Saunders express after learning about Olivia's induced "miscarriage"?
5. How often and when does the narrator see Chid in Section 31?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)