|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does she tell Douglas that she is pregnant?
(a) After they fight about routine household matters.
(b) On the same day she tells the Nawab.
(c) Just before he leaves for a month long trip.
(d) As they are going to a dinner at the Nawab's.
2. Who offers to perform an abortion for the pregnant person on July 31st?
(a) Inder Lal's mother.
3. What does the narrator compare Maji to in her August 31st journal entry?
(a) A Hindu God.
(b) A bitter, but healing, medicine.
(c) A loving mother.
(d) A desert flower.
4. What is different about Chid when he returns on August 15th?
(a) He is a Christian.
(b) He is a father.
(c) He is married.
(d) He is crippled.
5. In whose arms does the old beggar woman die?
(b) The narrator's.
(c) Inder Lal's mother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maji offer the narrator in Section 33?
2. What is one benefit of the hotter weather in Section 25?
3. In Section 24, why does Douglas seem to believe that Olivia travels frequently to Khatm?
4. Who interrupts Olivia's abortion?
5. Why does Olivia ask Harry to do her the favor in Section 32?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)