|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Olivia and the Nawab first become lovers?
(a) In Olivia and Douglas's room.
(b) In his private quarters at the palace.
(c) In the grove by Baba Firdau's shrine.
(d) In the palace garden.
2. Why, in Section 24, does Olivia cease to hurry home after her visits to the palace?
(a) Douglas believes she is visiting the library.
(b) Douglas goes to a men's club after work.
(c) Douglas goes to the pub after work.
(d) Douglas keeps longer hours at the office.
3. How long does the narrator intend to stay at her proposed destination at the end of the story?
(a) Until the next monsoon season.
(b) Until her child is born.
(c) Until she receives the ticket back to England.
(d) She doesn't know how long she will stay.
4. What does Olivia ask Harry to do in Section 32?
(a) Get her a ticket back to England.
(b) Buy her a poultice at the bazaar.
(c) Ask the Begum about an abortion.
(d) Convince the Nawab that the child is his.
5. How often and when does the narrator see Chid in Section 31?
(a) Only when she sneaks into the ward.
(b) Daily, when he visits her.
(c) Daily, when she visits him.
(d) Rarely, and only when she can get a ride with Maji.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry tell Olivia that the Nawab says about her baby?
2. What does Olivia request to occur after her death?
3. What does Olivia seem to feel about determining the father of her child in Section 29?
4. In Section 24, why does Douglas seem to believe that Olivia travels frequently to Khatm?
5. What does the narrator tell Inder Lal about her pregnancy upon Chid's return?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)