|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Olivia request to occur after her death?
(a) That her ashes be scattered on the mountainside.
(b) That her body be returned to England.
(c) That her body be buried with Douglas.
(d) That the Nawab donate her piano.
2. How does Olivia feel about the fact that she is not yet pregnant in Section 22?
(a) Disappointed, because she wants children.
(b) Concerned, because she is afraid there is something wrong with her.
(c) Relieved, as she wants to leave Douglas.
(d) Relieved; she never really wanted to have children.
3. How do the people at the hospital ward react to the narrator after she empties the bed pan of the man in the bed next to Chid?
(a) They act as if she is unclean.
(b) The men treat her kindly, but the women talk behind her back.
(c) They treat her with more respect.
(d) The women treat her kindly, but the men ignore her.
4. What does the person who interrupts Olivia's abortion do?
(a) Looks into her eyes.
(b) Takes her home.
(c) Cries and begs.
(d) Holds her tight.
5. Where does the narrator say that Douglas's only son grows up?
(a) In Satipur City.
(b) In India and England.
(c) With Olivia in a Himalayan town.
(d) In England and America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say she is anxious for the seasons to change at the end of the story?
2. What does the narrator tell Inder Lal about her pregnancy upon Chid's return?
3. In Section 25, what do Inder Lal and the narrator do with the red strings?
4. Where do Olivia and the Nawab first become lovers?
5. With whom does Olivia spend her Sundays?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)