|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chid's status in Section 30?
(a) He is admitted to the hopsital.
(b) He has been released from the hospital.
(c) He is comatose.
(d) He is dying.
2. What does Maji offer the narrator in Section 33?
(a) A swimming outfit.
(b) An abortion inducing massage.
(c) A relaxing massage.
(d) Her hut.
3. In whose arms does the old beggar woman die?
(a) Inder Lal's mother's.
(c) The narrator's.
4. On the first day after Harry's recovery that he accompanies the Nawab to pick up Olivia, where do Olivia and the Nawab go?
(a) To the palace garden.
(b) To a celebration for the fertility goddess.
(c) To a banquet in the Nawab's honor.
(d) To Baba Firdau's Shrine and the grove.
5. Where does the narrator first notice the beggar woman in Section 23?
(a) At the bazaar where she buys her food.
(b) By the suttee shrine.
(c) At the place where she takes her clothes.
(d) Outside the house where Olivia used to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator say that Douglas's only son grows up?
2. What does Chid say is wrong with him when he is in the hospital ward?
3. Where does the narrator take a room in the final chapter?
4. How are Satipur and Ktahm described in Section 34?
5. Why does the narrator contact Chid's family?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)