|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Nawab joke about on the day that he and Olivia make love for the first time?
(a) Wives and widows.
(b) Husband's Wedding Day.
(c) A suttee death.
(d) Baba Firdau.
2. How does Harry tell Olivia that the Nawab handles questions he does not wish to answer?
(a) He answers the question with a question.
(b) He remains silent.
(c) He laughs at the questioner and then the questions.
(d) He turns the question into an accusation of the questioner.
3. What does the narrator say that Douglas's only son becomes when he grows up?
(a) A British ambassador.
(b) A military soldier.
(c) A sadhu.
(d) An antique dealer.
4. What is true of Maji?
(a) She dislikes Ritu.
(b) She once lost a 5-year-old child.
(c) She wants a child.
(d) She has worked as a midwife.
5. In Section 25, what happens between Inder Lal and the narrator on their outing together?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She kisses him and he leaves.
(c) They make love.
(d) They argue about Ritu.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator feel about her pregnancy when she visits Maji's hut?
2. What does the narrator do when she first wonders if the beggar woman she sees in Section 23 is dead?
3. Why is the beggar woman who the narrator brings to the hospital living on the streets?
4. Where does Olivia go after her abortion?
5. Why does Olivia ask Harry to do her the favor in Section 32?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)