|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator contact Chid's family?
(a) To ask for money.
(b) To ask for a return ticket.
(c) To tell them he is dying.
(d) To ask his mother to come to his side.
2. How are Satipur and Ktahm described in Section 34?
3. What do the narrator and Inder Lal do together in Section 25?
(a) Have a picnic.
(b) Pick mangoes.
(c) Collect seeds for planting.
(d) Buy medicine for Ritu.
4. When does Olivia cease writing letters to Marcia?
(a) After the Nawab's death.
(b) After she leaves Douglas.
(c) After she remarries.
(d) After she has a child.
5. What is learned about Chid's separation from Ritu on her pilgrimage when he returns to the narrator's room without her?
(a) Nothing is revealed.
(b) That they were attacked and separated.
(c) Chid abandoned the women halfway there.
(d) Chid left them at a shrine when he converted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator plan to go in Section 36?
2. How does Harry tell Olivia that the Nawab handles questions he does not wish to answer?
3. What is Chid's status in Section 30?
4. How does Olivia feel about her pregnancy in Section 32?
5. What do the midwives discuss when Olivia first arrives?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)