|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 25, what happens between Inder Lal and the narrator on their outing together?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She kisses him and he leaves.
(c) They make love.
(d) They argue about Ritu.
2. Who warns Olivia that "they" only want to "you-know-what with a white woman"?
(a) Major Saunders.
(d) Mrs. Saunders.
3. Where does the narrator take a room in the final chapter?
(a) In Maji's hut.
(b) In town X, in the Himalayas.
(c) In the mountain house where Olivia last lived.
(d) In her grandmother's town.
4. How do the midwives perform Olivia's abortion?
(a) With alcohol and a pill.
(b) With black kohash.
(c) With a sharp utensil and chloroform.
(d) With a massage.
5. What does the narrator do on the way back to her room after learning of the pregnancy in Section 23?
(a) Buys a small gift at the bazaar.
(b) Convinces the person to keep the baby.
(d) Skips through puddles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 25, what do Inder Lal and the narrator do with the red strings?
2. Who does the narrator believe is the father of the pregnant person she learns about on July 31st?
3. What does Maji say about the narrator's plans in the last section of the story?
4. Who does the Nawab have a meeting with on the day that Olivia tells him that she is pregnant?
5. Where is Chid at the end of Section 30?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)