|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is learned about Chid's separation from Ritu on her pilgrimage when he returns to the narrator's room without her?
(a) Chid abandoned the women halfway there.
(b) Chid left them at a shrine when he converted.
(c) That they were attacked and separated.
(d) Nothing is revealed.
2. Where does Olivia live after leaving Douglas?
(a) In a house in the mountains.
(b) In the palace with the Nawab.
(c) Alone in Satipur City.
(d) In England.
3. What is one benefit of the hotter weather in Section 25?
(a) The merchants at the bazaar are lazy and offer deals.
(b) The palace opens a pool to the public.
(c) The mangoes are very sweet.
(d) The grove plants thrive.
4. Where do the narrator and Inder Lal go together in Section 25?
(a) To a Hindu celebration.
(b) To Baba Firdau's Shrine.
(c) To the Suttee Shrine.
(d) To a healer.
5. How are Olivia's visits to the palace affected after she tells the Nawab that she is pregnant?
(a) She stops going.
(b) She visits more often.
(c) She visits less often.
(d) She spends more time with the Begum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chid's status in Section 30?
2. How does Harry tell Olivia that the Nawab handles questions he does not wish to answer?
3. Where does the narrator go on her way to the bazaar on August 31st?
4. In Section 24, why does Douglas seem to believe that Olivia travels frequently to Khatm?
5. What else do Olivia and the Nawab do together on the day they first make love?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)