|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Olivia's abortion?
(a) The Nawab.
(b) The Begum.
(c) Dr. Saunders.
2. What is Samadhi?
(a) A glimpse of the future.
(b) A body of water created by a monsoon.
(c) The connection between a mother and her unborn child.
(d) A higher state of consciousness.
3. Where is Chid at the end of Section 30?
(a) In the hospital ward.
(b) He has left, but no one knows where he is.
(c) He is back at the narrator's room.
(d) Dead, and his body awaits cremation.
4. How does Harry tell Olivia that the Nawab handles questions he does not wish to answer?
(a) He remains silent.
(b) He answers the question with a question.
(c) He laughs at the questioner and then the questions.
(d) He turns the question into an accusation of the questioner.
5. Why does Olivia ask Harry to do her the favor in Section 32?
(a) This is the first time she is worried about the baby's appearance.
(b) She wants to have the baby away from both men.
(c) She wants the Begum to embrace her child.
(d) She wants to cure her morning sickness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator go on her way to the bazaar on August 31st?
2. How does the narrator feel about Inder Lal, according to her August 15th journal entry?
3. What does Harry tell Olivia that the Nawab says about her baby?
4. Who do Harry, the Nawab, and Olivia laugh at in Section 24?
5. Where do Olivia and Douglas go when they walk together in the evenings?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)