|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say that Douglas's only son becomes when he grows up?
(a) A military soldier.
(b) An antique dealer.
(c) A British ambassador.
(d) A sadhu.
2. Where do the narrator and Inder Lal go together in Section 25?
(a) To a Hindu celebration.
(b) To Baba Firdau's Shrine.
(c) To a healer.
(d) To the Suttee Shrine.
3. What does the person who interrupts Olivia's abortion do?
(a) Holds her tight.
(b) Cries and begs.
(c) Looks into her eyes.
(d) Takes her home.
4. What does the narrator tell Inder Lal about her pregnancy upon Chid's return?
(a) That she has had an abortion.
(c) That the child is Chid's.
(d) That the child is his.
5. What does Dr. Saunders express after learning about Olivia's induced "miscarriage"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What accounts for the intensely hot weather in Section 25?
2. What does the narrator do when she first wonders if the beggar woman she sees in Section 23 is dead?
3. In Section 25, what happens between Inder Lal and the narrator on their outing together?
4. Who tells the narrator the old beggar woman's name?
5. What is one benefit of the hotter weather in Section 25?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)