|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Olivia goes to have an abortion?
(a) She is stripped and covered with a sheet.
(b) She wears a burka and is led down a dark alley.
(c) She is blindfolded and taken to a small room.
(d) She is met by an older woman who doesn't speak.
2. What does the narrator do on the way back to her room after learning of the pregnancy in Section 23?
(a) Buys a small gift at the bazaar.
(c) Skips through puddles.
(d) Convinces the person to keep the baby.
3. Who do Harry, the Nawab, and Olivia laugh at in Section 24?
(a) Major Minnies.
(c) Dr. Saunders.
(d) Mrs. Saunders.
4. Where is Chid at the end of Section 30?
(a) Dead, and his body awaits cremation.
(b) He has left, but no one knows where he is.
(c) In the hospital ward.
(d) He is back at the narrator's room.
5. Who interrupts Olivia's abortion?
(a) Dr. Saunders.
(b) The Nawab.
(c) The Begum.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Olivia's visits to the palace affected after she tells the Nawab that she is pregnant?
2. In Section 24, why does Douglas seem to believe that Olivia travels frequently to Khatm?
3. What does Chid say is wrong with him when he is in the hospital ward?
4. Where does Olivia live after leaving Douglas?
5. What does Maji offer the narrator in Section 33?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)