|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the narrator and Inder Lal do together in Section 25?
(a) Collect seeds for planting.
(b) Buy medicine for Ritu.
(c) Have a picnic.
(d) Pick mangoes.
2. What does Olivia seem to feel about determining the father of her child in Section 29?
(b) She hopes it is Douglas.
(c) She hopes it is the Nawab.
3. What does the narrator do when she first wonders if the beggar woman she sees in Section 23 is dead?
(a) Watches her for an hour.
(b) Immediately runs to her side.
(c) Tells the laundry woman about her.
(d) Decides it's not her problem and ignores her.
4. When does she tell Douglas that she is pregnant?
(a) Just before he leaves for a month long trip.
(b) After they fight about routine household matters.
(c) On the same day she tells the Nawab.
(d) As they are going to a dinner at the Nawab's.
5. Why does Olivia want to consult Dr. Saunders in Section 24?
(a) For Harry, and because she's not pregnant.
(b) For Harry, and because she thinks she is pregnant.
(c) She wants Douglas to see the doctor because she is not pregnant.
(d) She wants him to prevent her from getting pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator learn is pregnant on July 31st?
2. What is noticeable about the beggar woman that the narrator notices and ends up helping?
3. What does Chid say is wrong with him when he is in the hospital ward?
4. What does the narrator report in her August 31st journal entry?
5. What is Chid's status in Section 30?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)