|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maji offer the narrator in Section 33?
(a) An abortion inducing massage.
(b) Her hut.
(c) A swimming outfit.
(d) A relaxing massage.
2. How does Inder Lal react to Chid's reappearance in Section 28?
(a) He is initially shy in Chid's presence.
(b) He receives him like a long lost brother.
(c) He is angry at Chid for returning.
(d) He is jealous of the time Chid spends with the narrator.
3. Where does Olivia go after her abortion?
(a) To the palace.
(b) To England.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To her home.
4. What does the narrator say that Douglas's only son becomes when he grows up?
(a) A British ambassador.
(b) A military soldier.
(c) A sadhu.
(d) An antique dealer.
5. Where do the narrator and Inder Lal go together in Section 25?
(a) To a Hindu celebration.
(b) To a healer.
(c) To the Suttee Shrine.
(d) To Baba Firdau's Shrine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Olivia feel about her pregnancy in Section 32?
2. What does Chid say is wrong with him when he is in the hospital ward?
3. What is true of the weather in Section 23?
4. In whose arms does the old beggar woman die?
5. How does the narrator feel about Inder Lal, according to her August 15th journal entry?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)