|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What environmental change is apparent in Section 32?
(a) The heavy dust is replaced by water.
(b) The monsoons have stopped.
(c) There are locusts everywhere.
(d) Plants and crops are withering.
2. Describe Chid's health upon his August 15th return.
(a) He is unable to eat solid foods.
(b) He is constantly fatigued.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is constipated.
3. What is one benefit of the hotter weather in Section 25?
(a) The merchants at the bazaar are lazy and offer deals.
(b) The grove plants thrive.
(c) The palace opens a pool to the public.
(d) The mangoes are very sweet.
4. What does the narrator compare Maji to in her August 31st journal entry?
(a) A bitter, but healing, medicine.
(b) A loving mother.
(c) A Hindu God.
(d) A desert flower.
5. How does Harry tell Olivia that the Nawab handles questions he does not wish to answer?
(a) He remains silent.
(b) He laughs at the questioner and then the questions.
(c) He turns the question into an accusation of the questioner.
(d) He answers the question with a question.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 25, what happens between Inder Lal and the narrator on their outing together?
2. In Section 24, why does Douglas seem to believe that Olivia travels frequently to Khatm?
3. What does the narrator say that Douglas's only son becomes when he grows up?
4. What does Olivia seem to feel about determining the father of her child in Section 29?
5. Where does the narrator take a room in the final chapter?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)