|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harry once again accompanies the Nawab to pick up Olivia after having been absent due to his illness. What does Olivia notice about his behavior on his first reappearance?
(a) That he seems nervous and tense.
(b) That he is reluctant to leave.
(c) That his energy is much lower than it used to be.
(d) That he is eager to leave.
2. Why does the narrator contact Chid's family?
(a) To ask for money.
(b) To ask his mother to come to his side.
(c) To tell them he is dying.
(d) To ask for a return ticket.
3. Where do Olivia and Douglas go when they walk together in the evenings?
(a) To the graveyard.
(b) To the church garden.
(c) To the village center.
(d) To the nearby shrine.
4. Where does the narrator say that Douglas's only son grows up?
(a) With Olivia in a Himalayan town.
(b) In Satipur City.
(c) In India and England.
(d) In England and America.
5. What is true of Maji?
(a) She dislikes Ritu.
(b) She wants a child.
(c) She has worked as a midwife.
(d) She once lost a 5-year-old child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Olivia first tell about her pregnancy?
2. With whom does Olivia spend her Sundays?
3. What does Maji say about the narrator's plans in the last section of the story?
4. What is Samadhi?
5. How does Harry tell Olivia that the Nawab handles questions he does not wish to answer?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)