|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator take a room in the final chapter?
(a) In the mountain house where Olivia last lived.
(b) In Maji's hut.
(c) In town X, in the Himalayas.
(d) In her grandmother's town.
2. What is Samadhi?
(a) A glimpse of the future.
(b) The connection between a mother and her unborn child.
(c) A higher state of consciousness.
(d) A body of water created by a monsoon.
3. Where do the narrator and Inder Lal go together in Section 25?
(a) To the Suttee Shrine.
(b) To Baba Firdau's Shrine.
(c) To a Hindu celebration.
(d) To a healer.
4. How does Olivia feel about the fact that she is not yet pregnant in Section 22?
(a) Relieved; she never really wanted to have children.
(b) Relieved, as she wants to leave Douglas.
(c) Disappointed, because she wants children.
(d) Concerned, because she is afraid there is something wrong with her.
5. What does Chid say is wrong with him when he is in the hospital ward?
(a) He can't stand the smell of the ward.
(b) He is being tested by God.
(c) His unfulfilled spirit is dying.
(d) He caught a disease from a woman on the pilgrimage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about Chid when he returns on August 15th?
2. When does Olivia cease writing letters to Marcia?
3. Why does the narrator contact Chid's family?
4. Who interrupts Olivia's abortion?
5. What is noticeable about the beggar woman that the narrator notices and ends up helping?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)