|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator say she is anxious for the seasons to change at the end of the story?
(a) To grow some food.
(b) To have her child.
(c) To start a new chapter in her life.
(d) To begin climbing.
2. Where do Olivia and the Nawab first become lovers?
(a) In the palace garden.
(b) In Olivia and Douglas's room.
(c) In the grove by Baba Firdau's shrine.
(d) In his private quarters at the palace.
3. Where do Olivia and Douglas go when they walk together in the evenings?
(a) To the church garden.
(b) To the village center.
(c) To the graveyard.
(d) To the nearby shrine.
4. On the first day after Harry's recovery that he accompanies the Nawab to pick up Olivia, where do Olivia and the Nawab go?
(a) To the palace garden.
(b) To a banquet in the Nawab's honor.
(c) To a celebration for the fertility goddess.
(d) To Baba Firdau's Shrine and the grove.
5. What does Olivia mention about her piano playing in Section 26?
(a) That she uses it as an outlet for her frustration.
(b) That she has much improved.
(c) That it seems to soothe the Nawab.
(d) That she hasn't played for a long time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Harry, the Nawab, and Olivia laugh at in Section 24?
2. What does Olivia ask Harry to do in Section 32?
3. In Section 25, what do Inder Lal and the narrator do with the red strings?
4. Who interrupts Olivia's abortion?
5. What do Harry and Olivia quarrel about in Section 22?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)