|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Satipur and Ktahm described in Section 34?
2. In Section 25, what do Inder Lal and the narrator do with the red strings?
(a) Offer them to the healer.
(b) Tie them in the narrator's hair.
(c) Tie them to the tree in the grove.
(d) Tie them to the lattice and make wishes.
3. Where does the narrator say that Douglas's only son grows up?
(a) With Olivia in a Himalayan town.
(b) In India and England.
(c) In England and America.
(d) In Satipur City.
4. In Section 25, what happens between Inder Lal and the narrator on their outing together?
(a) They make love.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) They argue about Ritu.
(d) She kisses him and he leaves.
5. What happens when Olivia goes to have an abortion?
(a) She wears a burka and is led down a dark alley.
(b) She is stripped and covered with a sheet.
(c) She is blindfolded and taken to a small room.
(d) She is met by an older woman who doesn't speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Harry and Olivia quarrel about in Section 22?
2. How do the people at the hospital ward react to the narrator after she empties the bed pan of the man in the bed next to Chid?
3. Who interrupts Olivia's abortion?
4. How does Olivia feel about the fact that she is not yet pregnant in Section 22?
5. Where does the narrator first notice the beggar woman in Section 23?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)